PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Builds for true healbot? (Pathfinder only)

killem2
2015-03-31, 06:17 PM
{Now Correctly Tagged as Pathfinder}

So my current group which is currently adventuring through the mummies mask has a fairly decent setup. But I personally would like to roll a healer. Not some good class that can also heal.

I know the typical replies these requests get and I'm aware of the action inferiority with most of these classes. I am looking to spend my turns tossing heals -in-combat-and-out.

It is what I want to do. We have such a large group (7 ppl) that having a true healbot will warrant a greater return for us. :)

What should I be looking for all things considered with pathfinder sources. (No 3rd party)

Der_DWSage
2015-03-31, 07:44 PM
If you're really wanting to go all-out with being a heal-bot...I suppose I'd recommend an Elven or Halfling Oracle with the Life Mystery. (Or Ifrit or Sylph if you want to get a bit exotic.) Start out with Channel Energy, and take your Favored Class Bonus into treating it as if you're a higher level.

The Life domain already gives many of the spells you'd want as a dedicated healer, but I'd also recommend getting Break Enchantment at some point, as well as Infernal Healing if the GM allows you to ignore the fluff of it being evil. Raise Dead, Restoration, and Resurrection are also probably on your 'I kinda want this' list.

Some good feats to take include Believer's Boon (With the Restoration Domain), Healer's Touch, Beacon of Hope OR Seductive Channeling, and Quick Channel. Channeled Revival is also nice when you hit 11th level.

As for items, the Phylactery of Positive Channeling and Channeler's Aspergillum can help your channeling keep up with your allies' HP totals.

I'm sure I'm missing something or other here, but this at least gives you a place to start.

GreyBlack
2015-03-31, 08:00 PM
Take the Craft Wand feat and make wands of whatever. Oracle with life mystery works, as does Cleric who channels positive energy. An interesting route to take might be Witch with the Hex Channeler archetype, but not a strict healbot.

Elricaltovilla
2015-03-31, 08:01 PM
The best straight up healers are either clerics with the healing domain, or Oracles with the Life Mystery.

grarrrg
2015-03-31, 09:01 PM
as well as Infernal Healing if the GM allows you to ignore the fluff of it being evil.

Even PF Society is OK with ignoring "the evulz" of Infernal Healing, so long as it is done to promote good.
(I'd link the FAQ, but either it, or I, am having issues).

Also, worship Sarenrae and take Glorious (http://www.archivesofnethys.com/FeatDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Glorious%20Heat) Heat (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/glorious-heat) (either the pre-not-really-errata version, or the reprinted post-not-really-errata version) and cast Spark (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/s/spark) a lot.
Cheap unlimited healing for EVERYONE!

Ryulin18
2015-03-31, 09:01 PM
I'm in the middle of WotR and playing a Cleric of Sarenrae (Healing domain)

I can say that the 6th level healing domain is great, but double check with your DM for the wording and whether the wording also covers curing with your channel.

Healer's Blessing (Su): At 6th level, all of your cure spells are treated as if they were empowered, increasing the amount of damage healed by half (+50%). This does not apply to damage dealt to undead with a cure spell. This does not stack with the Empower Spell metamagic feat.

Apart from that:

HP at every level
Selective Channel @ level 1
Craft wondorous - because healing your party also means not letting them be injured
Quick Channel @ level 5
Reactive Channel @ level whenever - a good healer NEVER dies

Some items / magic items to keep an eye one
phylactery of positive channeling (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/m-p/phylactery-of-positive-channeling)
WANDS - ALL THE WANDS
Keep your scrolls safe (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/goods-and-services/containers-bags-boxes-more#TOC-Box-Scroll)
Bandoliers - Keep green string on cure potions and red on the other (for emergencies) (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/goods-and-services/containers-bags-boxes-more#TOC-Bandolier)
Holy Symbols - strap wooden ones to every god-given limb!

That's some of the basic stuff. Drop back if you have any questions!

Pex
2015-03-31, 09:35 PM
Definitely, Life Oracle.

Feats to take: Selective Channeling, Quick Channel

Channel Energy is staple, and Energy Body is amazing. You get the elemental subtype for a nice personal buff but can also heal someone while moving or heal on their turn while they move. Combat Healer allows you to heal as a swift action. Safe Curing allows you to heal without provoking an AoO. It's for any spell that heals so at high level it's great when you need to cast Heal on a party member in combat or even Breath of Life. Enchanced Cures can wait till high level to make Cure Light Wounds potent. Many people like Life Link to give party members virtual Fast Healing 5 at the cost of taking the damage yourself. It's not to my taste, but it does work well with Energy Body since you can also heal yourself as a move action to still do something as a standard action, like cast a spell.

Spells to take:

Grace, allowing you to move about the battlefield without provoking AoO to get where you need to be to heal or other stuff.

Blessing of Fervor, not a healing spell but an excellent party buff they will love you which you get to cast every combat because you're a spontaneous caster.

Felyndiira
2015-04-01, 06:42 AM
For healbots, Life Oracle usually beats Healing Domain Cleric.

I would also recommend choosing Aasimar as your race. Aasimar actually gives you +CHA compared to elf, and the Aasimar favored class option allows you to progress channeling at 1.5x your level instead of 1x your level normally, so you can heal more than normal clerics would. If you take life link as well, make sure you get the Fey Foundling feat for extra healing on yourself.

It is unfortunate that third party is no-go, though; Vitalist is, indeed, the best healbot you could actually make.

Amphetryon
2015-04-01, 07:01 AM
Check the Oradin mini-guide (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?257365-PF-Oradin-Mini-Guide-Or-How-to-be-a-Healbot-minus-the-bot) for other, related options.

atemu1234
2015-04-01, 07:20 AM
For healbots, Life Oracle usually beats Healing Domain Cleric.

:smallconfused: Most things do.

killem2
2015-04-01, 04:22 PM
alright awesome this is the good stuff!

I mean I can ask about the vitalist can't hurt I suppose maybe my GM will give me a break because it's a healer class

where is the information on vitalist?

stack
2015-04-01, 05:04 PM
Here (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/vitalist), or thereabouts.

Secret Wizard
2015-04-01, 06:57 PM
It's Life Oracle.

andreww
2015-04-02, 10:54 AM
Check the Oradin mini-guide (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?257365-PF-Oradin-Mini-Guide-Or-How-to-be-a-Healbot-minus-the-bot) for other, related options.
With the release of the Divine Protection feat the Oradin is really pretty much obsolete. I would go straight Life Oracle and be a half elf. You have a floating stat boost which goes into charisma and you can pick both Human and Elf FCB's. This will let you take the Revelation boosting Elf FCB to increase your effective channel level if you want to. You can then also take the Half Elf extra spells known FCB when channel stops being terribly relevant.

Key feats are:

Fey Foundling
Selective Channel
Divine Protection
Battle Cry (rerolls are very strong, especially after knowing the result)
Quickened Channel

Others to flavour include Turn Undead, Noble Scion of War (if you care about Initiative which you may not as a reactive healer), Fateful Channel (more rerolls) and Liberation Channel (incredibly powerful and available by level 7 if you sink your FCB into increasing it).

What you can also do is skip being a Life Oracle and take the Spirit Guide archetype and bond to the Life Spirit. This will give you Channel from level 4 onwards although your choice of Hex's is weak.

If you go Life I would still advise being a Spirit Guide for the added versatility. Life doesnt have enough strong revelations to make losing a few too much of an issue, you pretty much only really care about Channel and Life Link. If you want more of the revelation go Dual Cursed instead and grab Misfortune for yet more rerolls. Remeber you can use it on your allies and your enemeis.

BWR
2015-04-02, 11:42 AM
I can say that the 6th level healing domain is great, but double check with your DM for the wording and whether the wording also covers curing with your channel.

I can't see that the text of that ability in any way could be interpreted to work with channel. It says "cure spells" quite clearly. Channeling is not a spell. Heal is not a cure spell - like spontaneous casting, only spells with the word 'cure' in the title count. Now if you could convince your DM to rename Heal to the BECMI Cureall...

grarrrg
2015-04-02, 08:26 PM
With the release of the Divine Protection feat the Oradin is really pretty much obsolete.

You, sir, have missed the main point of the Oradin.
The point is not "OMG CHA TO EVERYTHING!".

The point is NOT having to spend a Move or Standard action to heal people. This is done through Self Lay on Hands as a Swift action. The Oracle Life Link ability automatically spreads this healing throughout the group.