PDA

View Full Version : help with a character build

samduke
2015-03-31, 08:50 PM
while one could say that a generic fighter could fit the image below, I am looking to see what the playgrounders have for thoughts on race, class / PRC ect.
here is the photo for inspiration
http://www.blogcdn.com/wow.joystiq.com/media/2013/08/wow-warrior-weapons-art-blizzard.jpg
Thanks

ImperatorV
2015-03-31, 08:58 PM
Definitely not fighter. Fighters take one weapon type and focus on it. For that guy... Perhaps a multiclass artificer/warblade making a bunch of situational magic weapons? Or maybe exotic weapons master.

Gwazi Magnum
2015-03-31, 09:00 PM
The race looks human, but since we can't see height it could also be Gnome or Halfling.

As for the class it would probably just be a fighter who doesn't invest in focus and specializations, so there's no leaning/bias to one weapon over another.
Though it doesn't even need to be fighter, just about any class with that's primarily martial and heavy armored would match the image above.

Troacctid
2015-03-31, 09:01 PM
I think it looks like a 4th Edition Fighter, with the Master at Arms feat and the Weapon Master's Strike power.

(Un)Inspired
2015-03-31, 10:12 PM
Human commoner. He's not proficient in that armor or those weapons; that's why he thinks it's a good idea to carry so much bulk on his person. He doesn't really know what he's doing.

Darrin
2015-04-01, 06:25 AM
Why, that's Haberdash the Masked (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?88633), of course (sans Gladiator mask).

atemu1234
2015-04-01, 07:27 AM
I think it looks like a 4th Edition Fighter, with the Master at Arms feat and the Weapon Master's Strike power.

Well, maybe, but let's try and figure out a 3.5 build for this one, since (as far as I know) this is only posted in the 3.X subforum. Also, I'm not 4e's biggest fan. Get off my Lawn!

samduke
2015-04-01, 10:04 AM
yes this is for 3.0/3.5 only
I liked the gladiator mask idea to get all the weapons, that fits the pic..
Master of Masks
Skill: Bluff 8 ranks, Disguise 8 ranks, Perform (act) 8 ranks.
Languages: Any four.
Special: Must have successfully impersonated an individual,
fooling even that person’s friends and associates.
Gladiator Mask: -
I do not see more than 1 level really needed here.. now what to take to qualify for the PRC?
bard, rogue certainly could work..
I am attempting to stay away from all the phb base classes

Allianis
2015-04-01, 10:15 AM
yes this is for 3.0/3.5 only
I liked the gladiator mask idea to get all the weapons, that fits the pic..
Master of Masks
Skill: Bluff 8 ranks, Disguise 8 ranks, Perform (act) 8 ranks.
Languages: Any four.
Special: Must have successfully impersonated an individual,
fooling even that person’s friends and associates.
Gladiator Mask: -
I do not see more than 1 level really needed here.. now what to take to qualify for the PRC?
bard, rogue certainly could work..
I am attempting to stay away from all the phb base classes

I agree that Master of Masks would fit the mechanics of the build, but it doesn't fit the theme of the character (he's not wearing a mask for one).

I would say, go with a multiclass swashbuckler/rogue focusing the feats on two-weapon fighting, and prestige classing into Duelist. Focus the build on intelligence rather than strength, maybe find some way to get into knowledge devotion if you can manage to make it a class skill somehow.

Darrin
2015-04-01, 10:17 AM

That's what the link to Haberdash (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?88633) was for. Factotum 5/Master of Masks 1, presumably with Quickdraw and max ranks in Iajutsu Focus.

Ferronach
2015-04-01, 10:47 AM
To me it looks like this guy is packing medium armour at best.

Perhaps he is a barbarian? The massive muscles would fit with that and he could be carrying a bunch of weapons because he has a habbit of breaking them.

Lets see his equipment:
2 handed: Greataxe, Greatsword
1 Handed: battle axe, mace, longsword, shortsword, daggersssss
1-2 handed/thrown: long spear, short spear, spear/javeline
Throwing: throwing blades/shuriken
Exotics: Spiked gauntlet, bastard sword?, wakizashi (with a curved handle?), maybe a lynx/cats paw blade from races of the wild?

I would not be surprised if this guy is also packing knee blades and spiked boots.

What ever class you take will have to be proficint in martial weapons, simple weapons etc.
Human would be good for the free feat for spiked gauntlet
Even if you go for something other than fighter I would recommend atleast 2 levels for free feats to be used on exotic weapon feats.

Then I am going to go out on a limb and say that Warblade from ToB will serve you well. They are able to apply their weapon focus/specialization feats to any currently wielded weapon iirc.

OldTrees1
2015-04-01, 03:13 PM
I would go with a Warblade with the Gladiator's Mask and levels in Bloodstorm Blade (to synergize the Ranged and Melee techniques). Levels of Martial Rogue or regular Rogue would help with the skill prerequisites.

Karl Aegis
2015-04-01, 04:48 PM
Pick a class with Disguise on its class list. Boom, done. It's a bad disguise, but a disguise nonetheless.