PDA

View Full Version : Increasing DC and going through SR

Pippin
2015-04-01, 09:07 PM
Good evening playground,

Do we have good spells for increasing DC or piercing SR? I'd like to find something like True Casting (+10 against SR check, which is amazing), but as an immediate action.

thecrimsondawn
2015-04-01, 09:09 PM
Good evening playground,

Do we have good spells for increasing DC or piercing SR? I'd like to find something like True Casting (+10 against SR check, which is amazing), but as an immediate action.

Only spells?
Assay resistance is the first one that comes to mind

Edit: what class are you playing/trying to boost up? There are other non spell options

Karl Aegis
2015-04-01, 09:10 PM
Why would you ever want something like that when it wasn't your turn?

thecrimsondawn
2015-04-01, 09:11 PM

You just gave me a GREAT idea for a bestow curse, curse :D

Pippin
2015-04-02, 03:55 AM
I forgot to add that I was looking for wizard spells, sorry.

By immediate, I essentially meant swift.

sleepyphoenixx
2015-04-02, 06:07 AM
Assay Spell Resistance (SpC) is swift. +10 to CL against SR for a specific enemy.
True Casting (CM) adds the same bonus (as insight) but is a standard and only works for a single spell.
Spell Enhancer (SpC) adds +2 CL and +1 DC to your next spell, as a swift.

dextercorvia
2015-04-02, 07:38 AM
For boosting save DCs through spell use, you are probably better off debuffing them with Sickened, Shaken, Entangled, or ability damage, etc.

Grooke
2015-04-02, 08:40 AM
Does it have to spells? Heighten Spell Metamagic + Earth Spell will boost caster level (helps with SR) and spell level (for DC) without costing actions.

There is also Irresistible Spell which is +10 Vs SR for a +4 cost (negates SR if pre-errata), but its from KoK

Edited thanks to Flickerdart

thompur
2015-04-02, 09:20 AM
Spell Penetration, Greater Spell Penetration, and Arcane Mastery should get you through most level appropriate SR challenges.:smallbiggrin:

Flickerdart
2015-04-02, 10:02 AM
Does it have to spells? Heighten Spell Metamagic will boost caster level (helps with SR) without costing actions.
Heighten does nothing to boost your CL; the only thing it affects is the spell's level, which will boost DC but not anything else.

Grooke
2015-04-02, 02:12 PM
With Earth Spell* sorry, missed a big peace of info ^^

Hiro Quester
2015-04-02, 04:51 PM
Your party charismamancer taking a level of Marshall can take the minor aura that enables allies to add their CHA bonus to rolls to get through spell resistance.

I don't totally recommend it, but it's a tactic some have considered as the party Bard, to do something like that. I considered it once, but the playground talked me out of it in favor of UMDing a wand of Assay Spell Resistance.

DeAnno
2015-04-02, 05:01 PM
Though it's Druid only, Owl's Insight (5th) gives a +CL/2 bonus to Wis, which raises their save DC by CL/4.