PDA

View Full Version : DM Help D&D 3.5 Covered in blood sucking flies!!!

muzman5000
2015-04-01, 10:23 PM
I am currently in the middle of writing up a Mastodon Blood Mountain style campaign, I wanted to see if anyone wanted to help me stat some blood sucking flies.

I'm thinking: tiny creature, about 7 hp, bonuses for grapple and a blood sucking effect that drains 1 con per bite. what do you guys think?

Psyren
2015-04-01, 10:36 PM
The Stirge (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/stirge.htm) is a good starting point, including the blood drain and grapple bonus. I would honestly just use that.

If you want your players to be covered in these flies however, consider statting them as a swarm instead.

muzman5000
2015-04-01, 10:42 PM
That's actually a really good compromise. Didn't even know about them, thanks for the tip man

ksbsnowowl
2015-04-01, 11:10 PM
Just use a bat swarm, but lessen the creature size (which will likely make the swarm immune to weapon damage, if it isn't already). Maybe have the bleeding effect only persist a round or two after leaving the swarm.

The Viscount
2015-04-02, 06:34 PM
If you want to be cruel you can do something based off of the Bloodmote Cloud. It does Con Damage with its swarm attack, so needs no grapple or even an attack roll.