PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding the Aptitude weapon enchantment

Lord Randomcat
2015-04-01, 11:15 PM
I'm creating an epic level character who will have the Hammer of Moradin (Player's Guide to Faerun) and Battlesmith (Races of Stone) prestige classes in their progression. One of the requirements of the former class is Weapon Focus (warhammer), and both of them provide benefits to warhammer users, but I want to use something a little beefier. In the Monster Manual IV, under the entry for the Greathorn Minotaur, is the Greathammer. I'm thinking about the possibility of putting the Aptitude (Tome of Battle) enchantment on it in the hopes that, since it allows me to apply Weapon Focus and related feats to that particular weapon, it'd also allow me to reap the warhammer's benefits on the greathammer. Upon further inspection, however, I'm not as certain that it would work like that. Could someone verify whether my initial thought process was right or wrong so I can carry on with creation?

XionUnborn01
2015-04-01, 11:22 PM
Are you asking if class abilities such as the Battlesmith's One With the Hammer would work with an aptitude greathammer?

Because if so, I'm fairly certain the answer is no because aptitude specifically says feats.

Lord Randomcat
2015-04-02, 02:03 AM
Are you asking if class abilities such as the Battlesmith's One With the Hammer would work with an aptitude greathammer?

Because if so, I'm fairly certain the answer is no because aptitude specifically says feats.
That's what I figured in hindsight. Back to the drawing board.