PDA

View Full Version : [feat]Speak, my mind

Winged One
2007-04-12, 09:40 PM
Language of Thought[Reserve]
Only your spells require you to speak.
Prerequisite: Ability to cast 3rd level spells
Benefit: As long as you have a language-dependent spell of 3rd level or higher available to cast, you gain the ability to communicate via telepathy (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#telepathy) with any creature that has a language, out to a range equal to 20 feet per level of the highest-level language-dependent spell you have available to cast. You cannot use this ability to circumvent any limitations placed on language-dependant spells.
As a secondary benefit, you gain a +1 compotence bonus to your caster level when casting language-dependant spells.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-04-12, 09:40 PM
Interesting....

AmberVael
2007-04-12, 09:45 PM
I really like the effect, but I'm not sure the required spell to gain its benefits is entirely appropriate.
Unfortunately, I can't really suggest a better alternative.

Well, I suppose you could alter the flavor and make it more of a mind compulsion based effect, with the same ability for it.
Its still stretching it though.

Maldraugedhen
2007-04-12, 09:57 PM
So what's already floating around out there for UNcontrolled telepathy, also known as Embarassed Wizard's Disease?

I agree with Vael's assessment of requiring a spoken spell prepared to gain the bonus--why not simply require all spells to be spoken and make this feat mutually exclusive with Silent Spell?

Winged One
2007-04-12, 10:15 PM
Language-dependant was the closest descriptor that fit, and spells that come close mimicing telepathy are spread around the schools(Message is Transmutation, Sending is Evocation, Tounges and Comprehend Languages are Divination, as is Detect Thoughts, and that's just the ones I could think of off the top of my head).

What I'm not completely sure about is the minimum spell level. Does anybody have any advice about that?

AmberVael
2007-04-12, 10:58 PM
I agree with Vael's assessment of requiring a spoken spell prepared to gain the bonus--why not simply require all spells to be spoken and make this feat mutually exclusive with Silent Spell?
Ah... language dependent spells =! spells with verbal components.

Minimum spells level, I think, should be 2 or 3. Its not all that powerful.