PDA

View Full Version : Gamefly

SerroMaroo
2007-04-12, 10:02 PM
Hey everyone, not sure if you have heard about this site, but I tried out gamefly a few months ago, and it is really a pretty good deal if you play console games.

I can't even count how many games I have been able to avoid buying because they either sucked, or I beat them in a short rental time. With blockbuster increasing their prices to like 8 bucks a game for 5 days I figured if you even get 3 games a month gamefly is totally worth it.

Anyways they have a refer a friend thing going with a free trial right now, so use my linky and get cool games

http://friends.gamefly.com/r/34b4fe703abb102a919d

Setra
2007-04-13, 12:17 AM
I actually used gamefly as well, it's pretty fun to use.

Especially when you can beat three games in a month and send them back, not entirely sure how much it was a month but it's cheaper than buying the games.

LoopyZebra
2007-04-13, 12:24 AM
Gamefly was definitely a deal. My problem with it was that the never seemed to have the games in stock that I wanted. Their inventory was really low a month ago or so. The Rewards are absolutely pointless ((5 dollars off a game purchase every 3 months, with percentage off buying their used games (capping at 10%) for long-term membership.)) The games when they arrived worked well however; no to few scratches.

Krade
2007-04-15, 08:28 PM
With blockbuster increasing their prices to like 8 bucks a game for 5 days I figured if you even get 3 games a month gamefly is totally worth it.At the Blockbuster I work at, games are $8.55 and you get them until noon a week from the day after you rent them. So counting the day you get it, it is an 8 day rental. Also keep in mind that I work at a franchise store, and our rules are very probably different from whatever store you might go to.

That said, I've never heard one person say they were going quit coming to the store to use Gamefly exclusively in an attempt to make us care about whatever hissy fit they may be going through at the time. I do, however hear people say they are going to Netflix ALL THE TIME. And they always say it as if they were trying to hurt my feeling. Too bad for them that I don't have feelings while I'm at work and are more often than not laughed at after they leave.

And now to go marginally on topic:
Gamefly, I think, is a terrific concept and if I had the time to play the amount of videogames it would take to make it really worth paying for, I would do it in an instant.

LoopyZebra
2007-04-15, 10:17 PM
Per day, Gamefly is cheaper than most video rental stores, but you lose the convenience (if you want to call it that) of an actual store, as opposed to waiting 2-8 days for return and delivery.