PDA

View Full Version : D20 modern gun help

Nosta
2015-04-02, 10:10 AM
I am a level 6 fast hero/gunslinger
and i have two weapon fighting along with double tap
I was wondering what would be the best gun for me to us to get the most damage out of this Pc

T.G. Oskar
2015-04-02, 12:47 PM
By definition, any semi-auto firearm that uses high-caliber rounds and has a large magazine. Bonus if it's considered mastercraft. In the Core Rulebook, the only weapon that closely reaches that is the Desert Eagle (2d8, 8 box, .50AE rounds; also on the Weapons Locker). Weapons Locker has more: AMT .44 Automag (better range increment), Colt Anaconda .44 Magnum (always mastercraft), FN Five-seveN 5.7 mm (has suppressor and huge magazine; also better range increment) and the OTs-20 Gnom 12.5mm. Therefore, the one that fits all traits is the FN Five-seveN, as while it's not mastercrafted by design, it meets all other requisites. It's somewhat expensive, though.

Try to see if you can get them as mastercraft weapons and add the bonus to attack rolls, though; the penalty from Double Tap and TWF is pretty harsh for a system with few bonuses (and that considers medium BAB the default, while providing just about everyone with class bonuses to Defense).

Berenger
2015-04-03, 09:40 AM
d20 Future lists the following gadgets as available for Progress Level 5:

http://www.d20resources.com/future.d20.srd/equipment/gadgets.universal.weapons/

The Compact and Miniaturized gadgets lower the size of weapons. If those fit with your campaign setting and the parties power level, your GM might let you use the Compact gadget to dual wield modified Uzis (edit: well, maybe not Uzis, I just checked them and they have actually worse stats than MAC Ingrams which are medium sized by default...) or similar weapons of normally large size. By RAW, you could use it to dual wield sniper rifles or assault rifles just as well (or, with the Minituarized gadget, heavy machine guns), but I'd consider this a little bit cheesy. Even for a game based on action movies.

Also, Urban Arcana has better special ammunition options than the Weapons Locker:

http://www.d20resources.com/arcana.d20.srd/equipment/ammunition.php