PDA

View Full Version : Arkham High - Year One (IC)

Critical Hits
2015-04-02, 10:23 AM
It's about a month into the school year, and its heading into the harvest season, the weather outside is a bit cooler at night and in the morning, though there are still some pretty hot days left in the year, even in New England. But most importantly, the incoming Freshman Class is finally used to the routine of High School, and is ready to start stretching its own wings and making a mark on the social scene of the school.

Our current focus is on two locations inside Arkham High this morning. There is a stretch of lockers near to your homeroom, where some kids hang out before the homeroom bell rings. This is where most of the early morning business takes place that you don't want any teachers to know about -- all the dirtiest (and most untrustworthy) gossip, exchanges of goods and services, etc. Occasionally a fight might break out as well, but usually those are reserved for later in the day.

The other location is in the homeroom itself. This is where last minute homework assignments are finished, and where more general, less offensive/illegal socializing takes place. Ms. Grummens, who also happens to be the faculty adviser for the school newspaper, is the homeroom monitor. There are several freshman homerooms, but all of you (that are freshmen) happen to coincidentally share this one.

Decide and announce/describe which locale you're in. The limit of PCs in any one locale right now is 4, so if there are 4 people in one of the locales already when you post, come up with a reason to be in the other one.

Have any big plans for today? A dance committee is being set up to plan the Halloween Monster Mash for the end of this month -- are you planning to go to the dance, and if so, do you have someone in mind as a date?

Column:

Row
Entrance

Ms. Grummens' Desk

A
Open Seat
Open Seat
Open Seat
Open Seat
Open Seat

B
Open Seat
Open Seat
Open Seat
Open Seat
Open Seat

C
Open Seat
Open Seat
Open Seat
Open Seat
Open Seat

Anubis Dread
2015-04-02, 11:08 AM
Shelly was finally getting used to this whole 'human going to school' thing. She could open her locker without hitting herself in the face. She'd stopped sharing anecdotes about stuff she'd done as a seal. And she'd remembered to wear clothes for an entire week straight at this point. Now that she wasn't going to blow her cover or anything it was time to set about looking for those... things... what was she looking for again?

Frowning as she pulled some books from her locker, Shelly scratched at her four sizes too big metallica t-shirt as she tried to think. Uhhhhh... she needed to get something to get her pelt back from that chick that had it. It was like... little circle things? Yeah that was it. So she needed to hunt down the little metal circles. They went into the nose didn't they? No the ear... earrings! That was it! ...uhhh, how was she going to find them? Guess she'd just like... do a divination a little later?

Shelly is with the lockers.

Necroticplague
2015-04-02, 11:45 AM
Necril is quick and early to get to homeroom. If not out of any particular interest, just out of the mere fact he wants a specific seat. He's glad to see it available as he enters the room and slides into it. The seat closest to the door, all the better for blowing this joint once homeroom's done. His head leans against his arm out of boredom as he waits for it to start, where hopefully SOMETHING can happen.

I'm in the homeroom, seat A1

"Nah, no real plan. Mean, don't wanna get in trouble, so I'm going to be at school. Don't intend on going to that dance. Always too freaking loud and too uninteresting.

jolinaxas
2015-04-02, 02:10 PM
Jess Dornan, the Vampire (http://arkhamhigh.wikidot.com/pc:jess)

Jess stood with her back against her locker, the books she needed for pre-lunch classes hanging lazily in her left arm. She was waiting for Alton to show up, but at this point she'd welcome any reason (however flimsy) to avoid going into homeroom. She gave a lazy wave to the ditzy new girl, wondering if she even noticed if Aiden had lifted anything.

By the lockers.

Xunthrae
2015-04-02, 02:20 PM
Aiden hangs around the lockers, waiting for one of his usuals to stop by. He glances at Shelly. Hopefully she hasn't noticed anything out of place, though, she's ditsy enough she probably wont notice. He keeps the pretense of looking through his locker for things, but he's just on the look-out for some customers looking to buy. He's hoping to get some extra cash before the dance. It's nice to have some spending money on nights like that.

At the lockers

DoctorFaust
2015-04-02, 02:24 PM
Alton slams his locker shut behind him and hurriedly tugs his vest on and begins buttoning it up. While struggling through that, while also trying to keep his bag balanced against his leg, he waves at a few of his friends as they walk by, and winks at a few of the girls, but for the most part he focuses on keeping his mouth shut and moving quickly. Wouldn't do to get a detention this close to the dance, after all.

Lockers for me.

Anubis Dread
2015-04-02, 02:43 PM
Hey so like... a bunch of people were hanging around. Maybe one of them were the ones who took the earrings? Or whatever? Even if they weren't if she got her little divination thing out of the way before class started she could work out how to get them during it. Talking during classes was fine right? It seemed kind of weird. The teachers said it wasn't, but the students did it anyway. Maybe teachers talked like backwards? Trippy.

Pulling out a water bottle from her locker, Shelly took a drink before placing it back, cupping her hands and spitting the water into them. Looking into her make shift pool she tried to work out who'd done the... thing. She'd forgotten again. Bummer.

Since the lockers are now full might as well kick things off with a Dark roll. It'll give an excuse to have a scene with Aiden if it suceeds. The question is: who took the earrings? On a 7-9 Shelly will take the 'vision is clear but you are exhausted' option.

Dark: [roll0] (+1 due to Pelt)

Toxic Mind
2015-04-02, 02:47 PM
Adeline stalks into the room. She casts a disdainful look at the freshmen, including one at the back, Steven Flemming. He lowers his eyes, refusing to meet hers. Good Adeline thinks to herself. He knows his place at least. Adeline walks over to Ms Grummen's desk. "Ms. Grummen. I'm here about Steven. He says you haven't signed his form to attend the tournament next week and we need him on the team. He's our third best shot, and I know he has the grades to go."

Adeline brushes her hair behind her ear. It was an easy mannerism to pick up, and kept her from the abnormal 'stillness' that seemed to plague older vampires. She stood in front of the desk, knowing full well that any red-blooded male, and particularly the freshman, would be checking her out. Skinny blue jeans worked wonders. The stuffy dresses of her mortal youth had nothing on today's fashion for women.

Classroom

Critical Hits
2015-04-02, 03:15 PM
Homeroom

Ms. Grummens looks up, taking a moment to adjust her horn-rimmed glasses. "Is that right? Well, your tournament conflicts with his responsibilities to the School Newspaper. I'm afraid that Steven has made more promises than he's able to keep." She shoots a glare at the freshman in the back row. This isn't Ms. Grummens' first run in with Adeline. Last year, Leah Wright, one of Ms. Grummens' star student journalists, had discovered some big dark secret about Adeline. But when it came time to turn in a story, it was about the Audio-Visual club, and had nothing at all to do Adeline or any of her dark secrets.

Kids were so fickle, however, it was impossible to say if Adeline had "gotten to" Leah somehow, or if Leah just changed her mind about writing the story.

Sandy, who is sitting next to Necril in the front row, smiles at Adeline, and then peers over at Necril.

The Lockers

Shelly's divination is clear and lucid, and reveals the location of the earrings, who took them (Aiden) and gives her guidance in what she must do to recover them.

The vision is lucid and clear. You carry 1 forward on your next roll toward recovering the earrings from Aiden.

Shelly: What form did your vision take? What task do you feel compelled to take next in order to recover the earrings?

Aiden: Where are the earrings? Did you noticed Shelly's little divination, and how she looked right at you as if she knew one of your secrets afterwards?

Adeline: Do you know what the dark secret was that Leah discovered, and if so why did Leah let it drop?

Necril: Why is it that Sandy rubs you the wrong way?

Column:

Row
Entrance

Ms. Grummens' Desk

A
Necril
Sandy
Open Seat
Open Seat
Open Seat

B
Open Seat
Open Seat
Open Seat
Open Seat
Open Seat

C
Open Seat
Open Seat
Steven Flemming
Open Seat
Open Seat

jolinaxas
2015-04-02, 03:21 PM

Ah, there he is.

Jess tried her best to get in Alton's path in that "intentionally accidental" sort of way as she headed with him towards homeroom.

"Oh, hey, Alton. You hear about that dance thing they're putting together?"

OOC: N/A

Anubis Dread
2015-04-02, 03:39 PM
It's sort of like trippy you know? I look into a pool of water and I get flashes of what I need to do. It's sort of looks like music sounds, with colors and flashing and meaning. The colors sort of show moods and stuff, like what's cool and what's not? In this case it's telling me to be casual and that weed is a good ice breaker. It seems to be telling me that the task to complete is either giving up that something personal, like my guitar pic, or giving him info on Vic. I don't really want to do the second one though.

Alriiiight, she found the thief. If that was the human word for what this was. It was right? Well whatever. She foudn the person who had the earings, so now all she needed to do was get them from him.

Walking over to Aiden, Shelly leans against the locker next to him before tilting her head in a 'what's up' gesture. "Hey bra. Dude. Dude bra," she began. "I uh... I've seen you hanging around. You seem chill. Like a uh... bag of peas?" Analogies weren't her strong suit. "So uh... weed huh? That stuff is the BOMB, y'think?"

Toxic Mind
2015-04-02, 03:42 PM
Adeline raises an eyebrow at Shelly, but does not smile back, though neither does she frown. She turns back to the teacher. "Well then. I can see your mind is made up. I'll be sure to have a talk with Stephen. We wouldn't want him confusing what's really important with some frivolous activity, now would we?" Adeline's tone makes it clear which one she would see Stephen giving up. "I won't take up more of your time." She turns. "Stephen. We will talk about this after practice today." It was not so much a suggestion as a command.

Ahh, Leah. Always poking around where she didn't belong. I throw one party for all the students (the ones that matter, anyway), and she decides that she has the right to go into my basement and snoop around. Did you know she broke the lock to get down there? I thought about having her arrested, but then that's just more questions... Anyways, she found my diary. The one from the French Revolution. Yes, the beheading French Revolution. Anyways, I managed to convince her a few days later that it was for a project in English, "A Tale of Two Cities". I also made it abundantly clear that if she printed the article she'd be the laughing stock of the school. I think that was what finally broke her.

DoctorFaust
2015-04-02, 04:27 PM
Alton grins, and signs back, <Hey there. Yeah, I had heard about it. I had been thinking about putting together a Dullahan costume for it. Why?>

Xunthrae
2015-04-02, 04:42 PM
Aiden furrows his brow at Shelly. What's she staring at? "Need something?" He asks, more abrasive than he intended. Does she know he went through her stuff? It's not like he took anything.

The earrings are in a wooden box in his attic. The third story of his house. (First floor is the shop,m second is the living area and the third is the attic)

Obscurejones
2015-04-02, 04:47 PM
Ah that most age old and terrible of questions. Stare at Adeline's ass or out the window. On the one hand, the siren call of freedom and the greater world. The subtle salty brine twining through the morning air. That deep thrum in his bones to throw his desk through the glass and leap out, flee to the water's edge.

On the other hand, those jeans are doing just... Great work. A-double plus.

Shifting his weight in seat b-3 Aristotle settles in to stare intently at the archery captain. Might as well enjoy. He can always blow off second hour.

Anubis Dread
2015-04-02, 04:56 PM
"What? Nah bra, I'm just chilling. We're just two dudes hanging out and stuff, like normal humans y'know?" Shelly replied. "Names Otter by the way. Or Shelly I guess, but people call me Otter. I'm not an otter," she explains like it was something he could be thinking.

"So uh.... listen bra, I know you got some of those uh... earring things? From a friend of mine. Not a friend really, but she's kind of cool and has something I want to get back. Could I like... get them from you?" she asked.

Xunthrae
2015-04-02, 05:08 PM
How does she know about those? No one caught me with them, no one saw me. Did someone? "I don't know what you're talking about. I don't have any earrings. I can get you some if you want some, but i don't have any from your friend." He sounded collected and truthful to himself, maybe she'll believe him and think she was just misinformed.

Anubis Dread
2015-04-02, 05:22 PM
"Not cool bra. Super not cool," Shelly gave a frown that made her look more puzzled than frustrated. Which was her default expression to begin with. "I know you have them, and I need them. Come on, you have something of hers, she has something of mine, it's like... fate, man. Just help a guy out okay?"

Talking wasn't going to be enough. This guy was a major square. "I uh... have some money?" Shelly tried. "And some pot. Or uh... I have boobs. Humans like boobs, right?" she asked, flattening the front of her oversized shirt so that he could actually see something. She knew she'd probably need to spill about Vic, but if there was another way she wanted to take it.

Turn On: [roll0] (+1 Carry Forward, +1 Pelt)

Smeggedoff
2015-04-02, 07:56 PM
Ophelia is sitting in seat C5 in the homeroom, attention divided between listening for gossip, her phone, and looking like she's NOT listening for gossip.

Ophelia will likely be attending the dance committee meeting for the paper, but has no date currently lined up.

jolinaxas
2015-04-02, 07:56 PM

It took a few seconds for Jess to catch the last part of the sentence.

"D-U-L-L... oh, those headless things, right? Or does it carry the head with it? Anyway, I'm just asking because I'm curious - that's all."

Necroticplague
2015-04-02, 08:15 PM
Something about how the girl looks at Necril strikes him. Its...like she suspects him. Maybe she's a psychopomp who can see his life-death status is 'no'? Maybe he's just getting paranoid. Either way, he should try and keep her at arms length. So he replies to her suspicious glance with a baleful one.

Rolling Cold to Shut her Down. [roll0]

For my result, I'll go with 'we each give each other a condition'. I'll give her 'watched'.

DoctorFaust
2015-04-02, 11:28 PM
Alton's grin broadens. <Aww, not looking for a date? Or do you just have someone else in mind?>

jolinaxas
2015-04-03, 12:31 AM

Jess' grin didn't quite match Alton's - there was something a little predatory about it.

"Well, I had someone in mind, but I don't know - he's apparently kind of a smartass. Cute, though. It's a real shame."

Critical Hits
2015-04-03, 02:19 AM
Homeroom

Steven looks down, embarrassed and torn between the two tidal forces at work in the classroom.

Hallway

Shelly's display has caught the attention of the star quarterback of the Football team, Riker Cortez. "Nice rack." The older boy leers unpleasantly and gives an unwelcome swat to her backside as he goes by. Creep. He gives a weird warning look at Aiden, also.

Jess and Alton: Definitely some flirting ... is it harmless fun or are you getting a bit Hot?
Aristotle: Staring into Adeline's backside? Are you gazing into the abyss? (I'm only half kidding!)
Adeline: Are you trying to manipulate Steven into complying with your commands, or perhaps you're trying to shut down Ms. Grummens by showing her up? Or maybe its just a bit of harmless social maneuvering?

Shelly takes a string on Aiden, thanks to her raw animal magnetism and her bold display/offer.

Necril gains the condition: Unsettled. Despite the fact that he's attempted to turn around the stalker vibe, he can't shake the weird feeling he has when Sandy looks at him.

Obscurejones
2015-04-03, 02:46 AM
As he enjoys the view a slight crunch comes from Aristotle's desk. Snapped from his reverie for a moment he looks down to see his fingernails digging thin gouges into the surface. With a frown he picks the curls of overly processed wood from under the, let's face it, claws. As he picks the nails fall back just a little, reversing the small change. Damn urges. The sort of thing he was supposed to be getting away from. The violence, the hungers, the sort of things that came strong from dad's side of the family.

But after all, what was the point? It's not like he could escape wanting to get laid. And even if he could why would he want to? I mean sure someone might get hurt. Hell, he might even get hurt. It was less likely, but possible. But Adeline seemed like a good get. Strong. Athletic. An ice queen like that could probably take everything he'd throw at her and give back just as much. Might be some shrapnel from going for her, but nothing he couldn't handle.

Then again, there was that Alton kid. Kinda cute. Really cute. And he threw himself at everyone. No work there, not really. Hell, could probably just throw him over a shoulder caveman style.

That Jess was nice enough too. Almost none of the primal grunt that he got from Alton or Adeline, but plenty nice with a hint of a smolder. And hell, she owed him.

Dagon's ****, staying celibate just wasn't an option hereabouts. Too many great options. Refocusing his gaze on the Archery captain's rear Aristotle tries to work out what to do.

Gazing into the Abyss. Aristotle is trying to deal with the primal urges passed down to him by his Father's side of the family. All that energy and agression has to go somewhere. So who should he go after? What sort of consequence can he expect from trying to... 'date' Adeline, Alton, or Jess?
[roll0]

DoctorFaust
2015-04-03, 07:49 AM
Alton nods slowly in reply. <That is a shame. I'd ask you myself, but I'm still waiting to hear from three other girls if they wanted to go with me.>

Smeggedoff
2015-04-03, 08:18 AM
Ophelia's ears pick up the crunch of desk causing her to look up from her phone and mentally replay the past few minutes
"Ari's looking at... Adeline *tilts head* can't blame him, who's talking to... Grummens about... Steven who's in over his head about the paper huh? hmm"

She pipes up "Ms Grummens? I WAS planning on some extracurriculars but I could help Steven out with the paper, if that would help" she fixes Adeline with a look "You know, if it's important, I'd be like a favour, right?"

Steven, Adeline, or ms Grummens, someone's going to owe Ophelia a favour after this, or extra credit.
Also this is a terrible idea, Ophelia's Hot is her worst stat
[roll0]

Anubis Dread
2015-04-03, 09:13 AM
That unusually large male human had just complimented her rack and smacked her tail. That was... nice she guess? Of course it was nice! Why would someone do that to Shelly if they weren't supposed to? She had like no idea what a rack was though. What had she been doing at the time? Pressing down her shirt... she rack mean shirt? Shirts did hang on racks... woah. Deep.

"Thanks bra! I like your rack too!" Shelly replied quickly before he could walk away, turning around and smacking the football player in the rear as hard as she could with an open hand. Huh. That had actually hurt. Was hard good? Maybe hard was like... how much they liked it? So he must know she REALLY liked his rack, whatever that was. Sweet!

"Anyway uh," Otter turned back to Aiden. "If you like... take me to your place after school so I can grab the earrings, I'll like... give you this?" she offered, pulling a guitar pic out of her pocket and flicking it in her fingers. "It is like way cooler than some earrings man. I love this thing. So how about it bra?"

Is that enough to trigger Catch of the Day?

Also Xunthrae Shelly is basically offering to just swap totems. If you like though I can expend the string I got on you to request you follow up on a promise and get XP if you complete it. So it's more like trading totems and getting to mark experience out of the deal.

Toxic Mind
2015-04-03, 09:57 AM
Adeline leans across the table so that only Ms. Grummen can hear her. "He's going to pick me." She straightens just as quickly, an innocent smile on her face.
[roll0] Shut Down Ms. Grummens
Give Condition to Each Other: Ms. Grummens gets Competition

"You couldn't afford my favor." Adeline looks at Ophelia. "You'd have a hard time affording his." She tilts her head towards Stephen. And there it is, the sneer that says I have all the power.
[roll1] Shut Down Ophelia
Give Conditions to Each Other: Ophelia gets Not Enough Pull

Xunthrae
2015-04-03, 10:17 AM
Aiden knows when he's caught, so he doesn't keep up the act anymore. "Fine, i'll get you the earrings, but i'll bring them here tomorrow." A token for a token, a decently fair trade in his eyes, but she doesn't know that. Now he needed to find something else of Ophelia's. It's good to have a token from a writer on the paper, never know when something like that could come in handy.

After answering Shelly, Aiden gazes after Riker. What was that look about? Is he jealous or something? It's not like they are exclusive or anything if that's what this is about. Aiden, now distracted, turns back to his locker to get a few of his books so he can get work done in homeroom.

Smeggedoff
2015-04-03, 10:57 AM
Ophelia's Eyes narrow
"Whatever" she replies, leaning back in her chair, going back to her phone

((insert 'oh no she di'nt' gif))

to: Musicizlife
Ok, I have something I want. What's the price for something bad to happen to Adeline Bertric? Like, I want her humiliated or something.

Using Strings attached

Critical Hits
2015-04-03, 02:15 PM
Homeroom

Aristotle has a disturbing vision of blood and murder, of seduction and predation, stretching throughout centuries. He hears Jess and Adeline laughing in the background, a mocking sort of laugh, and feels a burst of frustration. Then he sees Alton's pretty eyes staring at him from the abyss, with images of a thorny hedge in the background, until he realizes that the thorny vines are reaching to wrap around Alton's throat, and then stretching forward toward Aristotle's wrists.

The sound of Marcus sitting heavily in the seat next to Aristotle (B4) snaps him out of the vision.

When Ophelia gets involved in the Grummens-Adeline power play, Ms. Grummens is less than pleased. She certainly doesn't need a child-mediator getting involved in her business.

Ophelia gains the Grummens' Displeasure condition.

Ms. Grummens glances up at Adeline, her true foe, and once again adjusts her glasses. She's realizes she shouldn't feel so competitive with a mere student, but there's just something about Adeline that rubs her wrong. She purses her lips sharply. "We'll see, dear. We'll ... see."

Adeline gains the Authority Challenged condition, as her social authority in the school has been questioned.

When Adeline turns her disdain onto Ophelia, Ophelia gets shut down in front of everyone in the class and the otherwise popular freshman is in the uncomfortable position of having her true social position revealed to everyone.

Ophelia gains the Not Enough Pull condition as a result of Adeline's successful move. However, she gets to select a condition to place on Adeline. Maybe something like: What a Bitch.

However, as Ophelia sinks down into her seat and texts her music-loving patron, she quickly gets a response.

to: HotTunezGurl
Its too bad you two can't get along, she's truly a kindred spirit -- if she wasn't so fourteenth century. Get her to attend the Halloween Dance, and get her elected the Queen of the Night, and I can give you what you want. But her public humiliation might result in more people being hurt than just her. And it should go without saying: You'll owe me a favor.

Catch of the Day might be appropriate. What trouble or inconvenience has her misunderstanding caused her?

Column:

Row
Entrance

Ms. Grummens' Desk

A
Necril
Sandy
Open Seat
Open Seat
Open Seat

B
Open Seat
Open Seat
Aristotle
Marcus
Open Seat

C
Open Seat
Open Seat
Steven Flemming
Open Seat
Ophelia

Anubis Dread
2015-04-03, 02:40 PM
Well she just slapped the a** of a football player as hard as she possibly could to the extent she hurt her hand and compliment his large boobs. There are three ways I could see this playing out.

-The football player is thrown off enough by the slap that he ignores the rack comment. He considers her slapping him back an affirmation that his advances are welcome and starts creeping on her.
-The football player is humiliated by being called a woman and smacked on the a** in front of all the 'cool kids' who are hanging out by the locker. He is enraged and either yells at her on the spot or seeks his vegance later.
-The football players response is irrelevant because an authority figure saw her sexually harass someone.

"Awesome bra! You have no idea what this means to me man. I can be a seal again after this!" Otter thanks him, still leaning against the locker while looking kind of out of it. Oh she still had that pic... she tucked it back away into her pocket.

"So uh... since we're being all friendly and stuff want to hang out and smoke some after school? You're the guy in the pot shop right? You must have some good stuff," Shelly presses her luck.

Necroticplague
2015-04-03, 02:50 PM
Hmmm....she definitely seemed to know something. The question was, what? If she did know, she'd probably lie. To many people around to try beating it out of her. Whelp, guess that just leaves a trick Necril learned from his mom: distracting himself. He tries to muse over what she could possible know while he flips through a journal with a bunch of drawings in it. Ones he had made in his spare time. He flips through the book rapidly, before suddenly opening it up to a random page, hoping his subconscious might have some useful information.

Gazing into the Abyss:[roll0] if I get 7-9, I'll go with "clear, but drained", and on a 10+, I'll go with carrying one forward

jolinaxas
2015-04-03, 03:43 PM

Jess' smile stayed glued on, though her eyes narrowed a little.

"I'll tell you what. When you figure out that those sheeple only want to go with you because they think you'd match their new shoes..."

Stepping out of his way, Jess put an arm around his shoulder and whispered closely in his ear.

"...maybe I'll still be around."

She shrugged, before letting him go and heading towards homeroom.

Turn Someone On: [roll0]

Obscurejones
2015-04-03, 04:21 PM
Huh. So a thousand years of darkness and pain, or some light bondage with a nature theme.

Alton.

Lowering his voice Aristotle leans to the side.
"Oi, Mark. See Alton in the hallway?"

DoctorFaust
2015-04-03, 04:36 PM
Before Jess can move too far away, Alton grabs her, spins her around, and chucks her under the chin. <Sheep's not bad eating.> He grins again, his eyes sparkling. <But you are a far more appetizing dish than they are.> At that, he spins and walks away, whistling a tuneless melody to himself.

Turn on
[roll0]

1/5 XP

Xunthrae
2015-04-03, 05:04 PM
Did she just say that she can turn into "... A seal?" he raises a confused brow. It's not the weirdest thing he's heard of, but it certainly wasn't expected. He then shakes his head to snap himself out of his haze of confusion. "I don't live in a pot shop. That's just a rumor. Besides, I don't use with customers."

Should that be a 'Shut someone down'? or no? if yes: [roll0]

Anubis Dread
2015-04-03, 05:46 PM
"Maaan, you are way too uptight," Otter pouted as she got up from her position leaning against the locker. "Especially for a pot seller. Except you don't sell pot... maaaaan you are way, WAY too uptight bra," she repeated as she opened up her locker and began messing around in it. It's cool, she had her own pot. She could just chill by herself. Might have been nice to smoke off with someone else though. Getting high by yourself was lame.

jolinaxas
2015-04-03, 05:54 PM

"Is that a fact?"

As much as she felt like pouncing on him right there in the hallway, she was afraid of losing control again. So she let him go, but not without looking back a few more times.

Take a string. Also taking one on him for the previous roll.
1/5 XP.
0/4 Harm.

Toxic Mind
2015-04-03, 11:01 PM
Adeline turns and makes her way to the back of the homeroom. She does not sit in the desk (C2), but rather on top of it, towering over Stephen sitting in his desk. "So Stephen. Anything you want to tell me?" she says, her voice soft and threatening.

Critical Hits
2015-04-04, 02:21 PM
Shelly, you may mark experience. Riker has taken your counter-advance as an insult to his manhood (of which he is conspicuously over-protective) and is now plotting against you.
Homeroom

Necril stares at a picture. A terrible nightmare shark-like beast, in black and white pencil work, but somehow the eyes are clearly, balefully red. Extending from its sides are tentacles, akin to a squid's tentacles but darker. Beneath it, on the floor of whatever dreadful nightmare sea, is a field of skulls and bones. The most frightening thing about the picture -- Necril has no memory whatsoever of drawing it, even though it is obviously in the style of his art.

Marcus glances to Aristotle and then nods a bit. "Yeah, he was talking with Jess. I think it was something to do with the Halloween Monster Mash party. Why?"

Steven shrinks into his seat and tries to disappear, but that strategy doesn't work, as Adeline approaches. He looks up and stammers a bit, trying to come up with some lame explanation about how his father doesn't like Archery, and how his mother wants him to focus on academic activities. But before he can dig his grave, he is saved by Ms. Grummens.

"Adeline dear. Homeroom bell is in a minute. You best run along."

Obscurejones
2015-04-04, 02:51 PM
Hopping up out of his desk Aristotle meanders out into the hall, ignoring any objections Ms. Grummens may have. Once there he cranes his neck, looking for Alton. Once it becomes clear that the object of his attentions is not there to be attended he growls under his breath and sinks his knuckles a few inches into the nearest locker with a hay-maker. A little blood leaks from his hand where claws bit into skin as he clenched his fist. As he shakes out the slight pain where flesh met metal his eyes alight on his... Friend? Eh, acquaintance who owes him is probably more like it. In any case he grins at her and gives a slightly sheepish shrug as he nods towards the fresh dents in school property.
"Sorry about that. Hope I din't spook ya'. Any idea where Alton got to? I've got a hankering and I figured he could oblige."

Toxic Mind
2015-04-04, 03:01 PM
"Of course, Ms. Grummens." Adeline says. Still, there is no respect in her tone. She glares at Stephen again, then stalks once more outside. She brushes by Aristotle on the way out without giving him a second glance, and barely even acknowledges the rest still at the lockers. Beneath her notice.

jolinaxas
2015-04-04, 08:34 PM

"What? Spook me? Nah."

Jess pointed in the direction Alton had headed.

"He went that-a-way. What did you need him for?"

1/5 XP.
0/4 Harm.

Obscurejones
2015-04-05, 03:29 AM
The quick mental math of social standing and the relative benefits of honesty fly through Aristotle's head. But hell. Jess seemed decent enough.
"...Honestly? Been feeling a little pent up since I moved to town. Thought he might be able to help."

Critical Hits
2015-04-05, 01:02 PM
Locker Area

As Adeline exits the homeroom, Riker nearly bumps into her -- he was distracted by fuming in the direction of Shelly, and wasn't watching where he was going.

"Hey, watch where you're goin'," the blustery alpha quarterback growls, before realizing who it is he nearly bumped into. A look of anxious recognition dashes upon his features, before he rushes by quickly without another word.

jolinaxas
2015-04-05, 01:27 PM

"Pent up?"

The slightly creepy-looking kid in front of her had, for what it's worth, saved what remained of her life. If he needed someone to talk to...

"Maybe I can help - what's wrong?"

1/5 XP.
0/4 Harm.

Anubis Dread
2015-04-05, 01:30 PM
Shelly slowly blinked at the scene in front of her. That dude who had said she had a good rack bumped into the pretty archer chick and just... sort of ran off?

"Oh hey man, you okay?" Otter asked with a confused frown as she walked over to Adeline. "Wonder why he didn't compliment your rack. He said mine was pretty good. ...by the way dude, what's a rack?" she asked.

Toxic Mind
2015-04-05, 02:10 PM
"What's a... uhmm..." Any other day Adeline would have blown off this weird freshman, but she was so floored by the question that she paused for a moment. "Its your chest. He's a sleezeball, and he was making a pass at you. Sexually." She said, making sure the other understood her with some hand motions. "I gotta go, but find me after school, alright?" Advice? That wasn't like her. Still, this freshman's strange... innocence intrigues her.

"Riker, wait up." she says, hurrying after the quarterback. She grabs him on the shoulder and cuts in front of him, both hands on his chest. "Listen, about that date..." she lets the implication trail off into silence with the raised eyebrow.

Adeline wonders. This is the first time she's seen Riker since he pushed her down that hill, since he... killed her, though that didn't stick all that well. Now she wonders if he knows her secret. It would explain the look he gave her, after all, it isn't every day you see someone you thought you killed walking around. She didn't blame him for the tree. There wasn't any way he could have intentionally pushed her into it. She did blame him for being a Grade A *******, though.

Still, he was the quarterback, and even if he was a sleezeball, there was nothing that spoke social dominance quite so much as taking the star quarterback to the dance.

[roll0]
If you want him to get away, I can edit this.

Obscurejones
2015-04-05, 02:22 PM
"...You seriously have no idea what I'm talking about."
That sure as hell hadn't sounded like a come on. Which meant his meaning had flown completely over her head.
"I don't think I'm your type. Or it probably would have come up after the thing with the wolves."
Please for the love of Mother Hydra, get what I'm saying.

Anubis Dread
2015-04-05, 02:32 PM
"Oh. Ohhhhh," Shelly's eyes widen, and she nods slowly. "Right. ...so he's saying he wants to have sex? Uhhhhhhh..." she frowned thoughtfully. Did she want to sex up that dude? She'd never had human sex before, and from what she'd gathered human sex was supposed to be like WAY better than seal sex. But that Riker dude seemed kind of uptight and angry. Nah, probably not a good idea.

"Nah I think I'll pass bra. That after school thing sounds... oh, later dude," Otter replies to the empty space that had been empty for at least half of the things she'd been saying. Man she was totally zonking out. She needed to get it together. Maybe she could sneak out and have a smoke before class... nah it was too late now. She might just be drying out or something anyway. Taking the water bottle from her locker, Shelly dumped it over her head to rehydrate herself and took a deep breath. ...why did she do that again? Oh right she was zonking... awesome! That should help.

Critical Hits
2015-04-05, 02:54 PM
Locker Area

Shelly gets some funny looks as she dumps the water over her head. Frank, one of the janitors, just sighs at the wet area on the floor and shuffles off defeatedly to get a mop.

Riker, on the other hand, seems a bit surprised by Adeline. She took a pretty big tumble after he shoved her down that hill, and while it was too dark for him to see exactly what happened, he heard the tone in Aiden's accusatory shouts that made it clear she was badly hurt. And here she is, back already for some more. She definitely is his kind of girl. An ice queen who doesn't put out, and takes a beating and comes back for more with a smile on her face. The perfect outlet for a guy in denial of his own predilections and frustrated by his self-imposed repression.

"You change your mind about my offer?" Riker Cortez, the starting QB of the Arkham High Hellfish, puffs up, dominantly, though there's still something unsteady lurking beneath the surface where he wonders just how badly she was hurt, and wonders if Aiden was just overreacting. He should have hung around instead of fleeing the scene, then he would have had all the answers. As it is, he has only unrequited question after question.

Adeline may take a string on Riker, for getting under his skin.

Obscurejones
2015-04-05, 03:20 PM
As Riker and Adeline's conversation unfolds a little further down the hall Aristotle tips an ear. A slow smile begins to spread across his face. Riker was a prick. And Adeline... Well she'd be pissed for a while. But she'd probably get over it. And hell, if she didn't she'd be fun to fight. He'd never been shot with an arrow before. New experiences can be fun.
"...On second thought, Jess, I might not need Alton. A fight usually works just as well."
Cupping his hands around his mouth Aristotle shouts down the hall, loud enough that it's probably heard in a few of the rooms nearby.
"Oi Riker! Nice beard closet case! Decide your last boyfriend was riding you too gentle?"
Rolling Hot[roll0]

Toxic Mind
2015-04-05, 03:28 PM
Before Adeline can even respond, she hears Aristotle's taunt. She can see Riker's rage rising. Adeline puts a single finger on his chest. "Prove to me you're worth taking me to the dance." she said, leaning in so close their lips almost touch. Suddenly she diverts, so her lips are right next to his ear. "Make him suffer."

Manipulate an NPC: [roll0]

Critical Hits
2015-04-05, 03:45 PM
Locker Area

Adeline's attempt to inspire brutal violence from Riker has instead just confused him.

Riker gains the condition: Frustrated.
Provoked, however, by Aristotle, and motivated by the desire to show how manly he is, and how he's no punk, Riker walks forward toward Aristotle and a steady, aggressive pace, dropping his books and shrugging off his letterman jacket on the way.

Aristotle has successfully manipulated Riker into fighting him.

Will Aristotle lash out at Riker taking he first shot, or will he try to hold steady and let the older, very athletic QB take the first move (and perhaps the blame for starting the fight)? Or perhaps he'll just try to shut him down in front of everyone?

Will anyone else try to get involved?

Obscurejones
2015-04-05, 03:54 PM
Fixing Riker with a wry smile Aristotle keeps twisting the knife.
"Y'know you're not really helping your case by giving me that look while taking your clothing off. But hey if you want a kiss all you have to do is ask big guy. No need for all this show."
Dropping his hoody off his shoulders he waits for that first punch.

Necroticplague
2015-04-05, 04:16 PM
...What? He didn't remember drawing this, but Necril certainly wish he did, because this thing is so metal, the only plausible title is a power chord. Unfortunately, he had absolutely no clue how this could possibly be related to the suspicious gaze she gave him. Here closes the journal and sits back to watch some of the drama queens have it out with each other and the teacher, wondering when homeroom's gonna start. I mean, they aren't have an actual class this empty, right?

Toxic Mind
2015-04-05, 04:24 PM
Well, that could've worked better. Adeline thinks to herself. Still, she leans against a wall to watch the show. One way or another, she'll get what she wants.

Anubis Dread
2015-04-05, 04:55 PM
"Oh hey again bra," Shelly greets Riker absently as he passes. "Uh... bra? There's water on the floor, it's kinda slippery. If you keep stalking like that you're probably going to trip like you downed an entire beaker of acid. ...woah that'd be trippy. I mean I'm a weed girl but that'd make your trip ballllls," she goes on distractedly.

Just because it'd be funny - rolling to Shut Down, fluffed on a success as Riker slipping over and landing on his a** from the water Shelly just poured out.

Cold: [roll0]

Xunthrae
2015-04-05, 05:05 PM
Aiden doesn't like how Aristotle is treating his secret beau. "Hey, back off, Aris. No one likes a prick, besides, you're not worth it." Aiden tries to bait the other man into looking at him, even for a moment while also trying to get Riker to not engage just yet.

If Aristotle meets his gaze, [roll0] to hex him with demonic visage
and [roll1] to get Riker to back down.

Obscurejones
2015-04-05, 05:22 PM
Aristotle gives Aiden a little wave as he continues to grin at Riker.
"Hear that? Your leash is getting pulled back. Might be time to heel."

jolinaxas
2015-04-05, 07:18 PM

"Ah, that kind of pent up. Well, I hope you don't mind if I'd rather help you out with this sort of release."

Stepping forward, but still behind Aristotle, Jess waited to see what would happen. Best case scenario - some jock gets the crap kicked out of him. But if Aristotle bit off a little more than he could chew, she was fine with jumping in.

1/5 XP.
0/4 Harm.

Critical Hits
2015-04-05, 07:41 PM
Locker Area

Riker growls as Aiden tries to intervene. He doesn't stop his assault, but his motives are clear to Aiden at least -- and that leaves Riker's inner self exposed to the young witch. An inner self that he strives, to monstrous degrees, to keep hidden from the world.

Everyone has secrets.

Aiden gains a string on Riker.
Riker moves with fluid grace to smash Aristotle's (slightly bigger than average) head against the row of metal lockers. The sound of the blow makes a suitable thunderous kaboom. The blow is of sufficient force to throw open an adjacent locker, which happens to be mostly empty.

It becomes clear to onlookers that Riker's plan for a follow-up will be to shove the freshman into the locker -- a classic move, and points for style; if he can pull it off.

Aristotle takes one harm. Normally, it might be worse considering Riker is a big jock, and he's using the lockers as a weapon, but his flustered state thanks to the mind-game that Adeline is playing on him have negated that advantage.Question for Ophelia: Why aren't the faculty responding to the noise in the hall yet?
Homeroom

Sandy looks over at Necril's picture, knowingly, and then quietly studies the ghoul. What is her deal?!

Obscurejones
2015-04-05, 07:48 PM
Grabbing hold of the locker door with one hand Aristotle takes up a handful of raging self hatred's shirt with the other.
"You get one, Mongo. And just so you know?"
His voice drops to a growl to low to be heard by anyone but his intended victim, and perhaps Jess.
"Because you were too stupid to listen to your boyfriend, I'm going to do this in front of him. And I'm going to hurt you till Aiden can't stand to look at you, much less touch you."
Dropping down Aristotle rolls with his own weight, dragging Riker forward and slamming the locker on his face meats with all of his slightly supernatural might.

Obscurejones
2015-04-05, 07:49 PM
Volatile of 1, plus invoking his Frustrated condition by reminding him that this could have been avoided if he'd just listened to Aiden. Rolling here because I botched my roll tags in the first post.[roll0] Well that's not a good roll at all. That's a double plus ungood roll

Anubis Dread
2015-04-05, 09:01 PM
Woah, there was a fight going on! Dude, that was messed up. Wait... Riker had done something bad to her before right? Or was it good... from the sounds of it it had been bad. Shouldn't she be getting in on this action to? Was that normal, or was it more normal for a human to just ignore rack comments? Well she liked the Aristotle kid. He kind of reminded her of home for some reason. Maybe she should like... just shove Riker or something?

"Uh... I'm doing this because... humans are vengeful, man," Otter attempted lamely before rushing forward and shoving Riker awkwardly.

Lashing Out with Volatile: [roll0]

Let's see... I'll deal one harm annnnd... become my darkest self nah it's too early to kill everyone :smalltongue:. I'll deal one harm and give Riker a string on Shelly.

Necroticplague
2015-04-05, 09:20 PM
Necril tries to ignore the uneasy sense he gets from the constant watching of this chick. Thus, he tries to play it off instead, to distract his own thoughts. He hands her the journal with the pictures. "You draw anything yourself? These are just doodles to help fill out my spare time, what little of it I got."