PDA

View Full Version : Half-Fey and Fey Heritage

Mr.Kraken
2015-04-02, 12:46 PM
I can see why a half-fey character would be interested in the fey heritage feats, but Fey Heritage itself is completely useless as it gives a +3 to resist enchantment effects and the half-fey is already immune to those. If you were a DM, would you allow a half-fey to take Fey Power, Presence, Legacy and Skin with the argument that being Half-Fey replaces Fey Heritage as a prerequisite?

ZamielVanWeber
2015-04-02, 12:51 PM
Yes. +2 LA takes a while to normalize with buyoff and can put you decently behind without it, so I don't see a problem with letting someone bypass one feat.

Inevitability
2015-04-02, 01:07 PM
Yes. +2 LA already means you will be behind on feats compared to your companions for most of your career, so long feat chains are the last thing you need.

nedz
2015-04-02, 01:47 PM
Not by RAW, though I run Savage Progressions and so Half Fey is a two level racial class.

I do have someone wanting to play a Nixie who asked this question and I declined to answer because I couldn't decide.

sleepyphoenixx
2015-04-02, 01:55 PM
Yes, no doubt. The feats are more flavor than power anyway. It's not like you're arguing for cheaper access to one of the big power options.

When i DM i'm pretty much always willing to accomodate players who try some less-walked paths with their character builds instead of going for the well known standards.
If they need a little power boost or relaxed requirements to keep up, so be it. These days homebrew is a big part of keeping the game fresh anyway, so it doesn't hurt anyone to tweak some options no one takes as written.

Cruiser1
2015-04-02, 03:07 PM
If you were a DM, would you allow a half-fey to take Fey Power, Presence, Legacy and Skin with the argument that being Half-Fey replaces Fey Heritage as a prerequisite?
It's not allowed by RAW of course. However, yes, as a DM I would houserule this to be the case.

Currently, the Fey Legacy (CM) feat has prerequisites of (Nonlawful alignment AND Fey Heritage feat AND character level 9th). I would houserule the feat to instead have the prerequisites of (((Nonlawful alignment AND Fey Heritage feat) OR Fey type) AND character level 9th). In other words, you still have to be character level 9th, but a Fey type creature meets all the other "Fey-like" prerequisites.

j_spencer93
2015-04-02, 03:51 PM
As a DM i allow half-X to count as having X-heritage. If they are beneficial to each other they may choose both, but not necessary.