PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Thrall of Zuggtmoy

DrMotives
2015-04-02, 10:53 PM
So I was looking at the Thrall of Zuggtmoy class from Dragon #337. It's a 9/10 spellcaster class, and the text talks about druids being the most common entry class. Thing is, it requires being CE, so any druids who enter immediately fall. As it advances base spellcasting, we can assume Zuggtmoy picks up where previous nature worship left off. And any animal companion that isn't some alternative fungus monster would be repulsed by the thrall and leave. But what about other druid class features? How many of those would be lost, how many retained? I don't see a clear answer RAI intended for this.

Karl Aegis
2015-04-02, 11:46 PM
The authors of Dragon Magazine hardly ever knew anything about the game. Inconsistencies were the norm.

DrMotives
2015-04-03, 01:40 AM
Well, I think I finally found the answer now. In another installment in the series, the thrall of Dagon mentions what happen to the rare druid who becomes a thrall to Dagon. They regain all spellcasting power as soon as the PrC adds 1 casting level, and are allowed a new animal companion if one is taken that's thematically appropriate to the demon lord. All other druid powers are lost, including the ones that are just (ex).

atemu1234
2015-04-03, 10:49 AM
Well, I think I finally found the answer now. In another installment in the series, the thrall of Dagon mentions what happen to the rare druid who becomes a thrall to Dagon. They regain all spellcasting power as soon as the PrC adds 1 casting level, and are allowed a new animal companion if one is taken that's thematically appropriate to the demon lord. All other druid powers are lost, including the ones that are just (ex).

I use this explanation for a lot of things, myself.