PDA

View Full Version : The Reins. [Spoiler]

The Viking
2007-04-13, 12:45 AM
In comic 437 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0437.html) we see V disintigrate the DK's horse, causing him to fall down. However, the riding leash (or whatever it's called) did not get disintigrated, rather, it flew off in a manner similar to the stray arrow of 435.
So, in keeping with this forum's tradition of blowing details into ridiculous proportions, I theorize that the riding leash is going to play a pivotal role in the battle ahead.

I'd appreciate your opinion on this.

EDIT: Changed the title.

Icewalker
2007-04-13, 12:58 AM

Oh come on, its a bit of rope. I doubt it'll kill anyone (but then again, in OOTS, who knows) and it might distract someone long enough to get killed. Nevertheless, this seems a bit extreme...

Darkxarth
2007-04-13, 01:38 AM

Oh come on, its a bit of rope. I doubt it'll kill anyone (but then again, in OOTS, who knows) and it might distract someone long enough to get killed. Nevertheless, this seems a bit extreme...

I think the OP is being HEAVILY sarcastic... please... :smallwink:

Shatteredtower
2007-04-13, 01:43 AM
Riding leash, riding leash,
Turns a wizard into quiche,
Can it kill fighters dead?
Watch out, Miko, for your head,
Hey there... there goes the riding leash.

The Viking
2007-04-13, 01:52 AM
Riding leash flying
No-one can say who it hits
Except Rich Burlew.

Hazkali
2007-04-13, 02:44 AM
Oh riding leash, oh riding leash,
Which hapless mortal shall you squeesh?

Will it be Roy, or Hin-jo?
Where it will land, the Giant knows,

Oh riding leash, oh riding leash,
Which hapless mortal shall you squeesh?

--To the tune of "Oh Christmas Tree"

oball
2007-04-13, 02:53 AM
R... riding leash?

Do you mean bridle, perhaps? And reins?

Demented
2007-04-13, 03:26 AM
Maybe it won't kill Miko... but it WILL kill her soul. Where are those fan-arts where Miko had Belkar on a leash? Or was it the other way around?

BisectedBrioche
2007-04-13, 05:36 AM
It'll probably hit the dragon, fall strait down, land on the head of a ghoul which will be cut in two by Belkar, causing it to fly into Miko's cell and wrap around her neck.

She will then remove it, throw it out of the window and it'll land next to the DK* as it is defeated by V.
In this case I am refering to Donkey Kong, who will attack from no where upon the defeat of the death knight.

Hazkali
2007-04-13, 05:58 AM
R... riding leash?

Yes, we do mean bridle, and tack, and assorted horsey gubbins. However "bridle" rhymes less...

:smalltongue:

NeonRonin
2007-04-13, 07:11 AM
OK, the arrow I could accept, but a bridle and bit killing someone is just taking it to absurd levels. I say it kills a mouse. End of story. Next strip, please.

Copacetic
2007-04-13, 07:31 AM
Serously, It just flew off because it shows V's skill in disintgrateing the Hourse, and nothing else

Hushdawg
2007-04-13, 07:55 AM
OMG the bridle is totally going to take on a life of its own and choke V, causing him to mis-fire a spell and the fireball will blow up the prison tower, killing Miko and then the tower will collapse on top of Haley and Durkon which will cause Haley to mis-fire an arrow which will pierce Elan straight through the heart (O, the irony!) and then Elan's rapier will tumble off the parapet and skewer Belkar at the base of the wall. All this action of course will startle Roy and distract him long enough for Xykon to disintegrate him.

BisectedBrioche
2007-04-13, 08:16 AM
Some people in this topic are being too dwarven.

Discworld dwarven.

CGM3
2007-04-13, 08:39 AM
It all depends...

Is this a SPO-O-OKY riding leash?

Izodor
2007-04-13, 08:44 AM
I think the leash will kill Roy....

innk
2007-04-13, 09:03 AM
Fools. Of course it will hit the tentacle dude (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0120.html), he will win the fort save, but his tentacle wont, then turning to ashes.

(just the tentacle)

Threeshades
2007-04-13, 09:17 AM
Yes the riding leash will tear a huge whole in the center city wall and allow the hobgoblin to swarm in and destroy everything.

bleargh
2007-04-13, 10:08 AM
Maybe it won't kill Miko... but it WILL kill her soul. Where are those fan-arts where Miko had Belkar on a leash? Or was it the other way around?
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s120/LankyBugger3/MikoWBelkar.png?

The Viking
2007-04-13, 02:18 PM
R... riding leash?

Yes! That's the word I was looking for. Sorry, English is my second language. I'll change the title to something that makes sense.

Who will the reins hit
V, Miko, Roy, Miko's horse
Belkar, probably

Oh, the joy of haiku. I'm sure we can figure out a way to involve everyone's prophecies into all of this.

MReav
2007-04-13, 02:52 PM

Actually, it was both.

jindra34
2007-04-13, 02:54 PM
odds are more that one of the fletchling of aforetalked about arrow would kill some one than those reins still the reins killing would be kinda funny...

Alysar
2007-04-13, 02:55 PM
In comic 437 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0437.html) we see V disintigrate the DK's horse, causing him to fall down. However, the riding leash (or whatever it's called) did not get disintigrated, rather, it flew off in a manner similar to the stray arrow of 435.
So, in keeping with this forum's tradition of blowing details into ridiculous proportions, I theorize that the riding leash is going to play a pivotal role in the battle ahead.

It's a joke, people.

jindra34
2007-04-13, 02:59 PM
It's a joke, people.

We know... it's just more fun to be serious on issues like this...:biggrin: :cool:

Jazzvader
2007-04-13, 03:02 PM
what is the point??????????????

Demented
2007-04-13, 03:56 PM
The reins don't have a point. That said, they're long and stringy, which makes for an even better garrote.

Icewalker
2007-04-13, 04:02 PM
Nah, not thin enough to garrote someone. Strangle, perhaps. Garrote? nah. I say they probably are never seen again. Or seeing this thread the giant will make something funny but not kill anyone. Like the arrow. Cept that'd be using the same joke twice in a row, and that'd be kinda weak.

Tmabbbb
2007-04-13, 08:17 PM
Who will the reins hit
V, Miko, Roy, Miko's horse
Belkar, probably

Oh, the joy of haiku. I'm sure we can figure out a way to involve everyone's prophecies into all of this.

Yeah, I like haikus too.

This is a haiku.
This is the middle of it.
And this is the end.

Estelindis
2007-04-13, 08:27 PM
Best. Topic. Ever. :smallbiggrin:

The Riding Leash will, through a series of collisions so unlikely that to even describe them would make my brain melt, land in the throne room, falling on top of the sapphire gate and causing a microscopic crack left by Miko to enlarge into a hairline fracture - which, in turn, will cause THE END OF THE WORLD!!!one!! :smallwink:

jindra34
2007-04-13, 08:39 PM
Best. Topic. Ever. :smallbiggrin:

The Riding Leash will, through a series of collisions so unlikely that to even describe them would make my brain melt, land in the throne room, falling on top of the sapphire gate and causing a microscopic crack left by Miko to enlarge into a hairline fracture - which, in turn, will cause THE END OF THE WORLD!!!one!! :smallwink:

thats as likely as Miko making an apology to Shojo...:smallsmile:

Abacab
2007-04-13, 08:54 PM
Riding leash was pinned down in strip #437 by that guy (with the gray beard), right? Unless he somehow gets off the ground and gets the sword off of his throat, V will probably take care of him.

At least, I think he is harmless (and I also know this thread is a joke).

Oooh! But I want to join the haiku fun... :biggrin:

If the Riding Leash
Murders Haley brutally
Elan will be sad

Wojiz
2007-04-13, 08:54 PM
Haikus can be fun
But they don't always make sense
Look, a riding leash.

The Viking
2007-04-14, 01:21 PM
Are the reins lethal?
Or will they give V power?
That's the prophecy

If Belkar takes part
The reins might kill Miko's horse
Too bad it's not there

If the horse was gift
Haley didn't look in mouth
Or maybe she did

Elan's happy end
Probably has no reins in
But who knows, it might

Durkon's prophecy
Does not involve reins at all
Unless they kill him

Did I miss someone?
Roy's prophecy takes place soon
Maybe he'll ride there

happyturtle
2007-04-14, 01:28 PM
I work in insurance. 'Reins.' is one of the abbreviations we use for reinsurance. And since we had the Goblin insurance company a few strips back, I was trying to figure out when reinsurance was mentioned.

Yes, I am a total dork and I think about work too much.

Fo Shizzle
2007-04-14, 11:38 PM
I don't think they'll actually kill anyone, just entangle them cause them to fall on their face.