PDA

View Full Version : Snake Slayer [PrC]

Angafirith
2007-04-13, 12:54 AM
Basically, I wrote two races a while back: Meles ('http://intentionallyleftblank.net/tome/index.php/Meles_%28Dire_Badger%29') and Badgerkin ('http://intentionallyleftblank.net/tome/index.php/Badgerkin'). Not being the sort of person who takes things seriously, I decided to write two prestige classes for them: the Snake Slayer and the Mushroom Harvester. This is the first of the two. I'm going to be tableizing and adding headers as I go. Unfortunately, you can't post wiki formatting on these forums.

As I seem to say about everything, I have no idea whether this is balanced or not. Actually, I'm not sure if it's even worth taking. Should I beef up the abilities? Should I nerf them?

Snake Slayer
Hit Die: 1d12

Requirements

Race
Meles or Badgerkin

Base Attack Bonus
+7

Special
Must fight an even match against a Viper and win on the first attempt

Class Skills:
The Snake Slayer's Class Skills are: Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Escape Artist (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Swim (Str)

Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 2 + Int modifier.

Table: Snake Slayer
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort|Ref|Will|Special
1st|+1|2|0|2|Calibrate the Canine
2nd|+2|3|0|3|Ease the Explosion 2
3rd|+3|3|1|3|Master the Mob
4th|+4|4|1|4|Lambast the Lamenter
5th|+5|4|1|4|Lacerate the Larynx
6th|+6|5|2|5|Sniff the Snake
7th|+7|5|2|5|Ease the Explosion 3
8th|+8|6|2|6|Riposte the Rival
9th|+9|6|3|6|Avoid the Attack
10th|+10|7|3|7|Ease the Explosion 4
[/table]

Class Features

Calibrate the Canine (Ex)
At first level, a Snake Slayer abandons some of the teachings of his race in order to better protect his people. He resharpens his teeth, sharper than they ever were before. He regains one of his ancient weapons: his teeth. He gains a Bite attack that deals 1d4 (Small) or 1d6 (Medium) damage.

Ease the Explosion (Ex)
At second level, a Snake Slayer gains a better control of his ancestral rage. He no longer has to make saves to resist rage, can choose to use it while in a class induced rage (say, Barbarian), and gets to use this ability twice per day. At 7th level, this increases to 3 times and increases to 4 times at level 10.

Master the Mob (Ex)
At third level, a Snake Slayer gets a +1 to AC when half of the adjacent spaces are occupied by foes (4 for squares, 3 for hexes).

Lambast the Lamenter (Ex)
At fourth level, a Snake Slayer gains the Cleave feat, if he does not already have it. If he does, he gains the Great Cleave feat. If he already has that feat, he instead gains the ability to take a 5 foot step between Cleave attacks.

Lacerate the Larynx (Ex)
At fifth level, a Snake Slayer's threat range increases by 1, similar to the Keen effect, the Improved Critical Feat, and such. Unlike those effects, this ability can stack with any of them.

Sniff the Snake (Ex)
At sixth level, a Snake Slayer has released the natural sense of smell of his ancestors and gains Scent as an Extraordinary ability.

Riposte the Rival (Ex)
At eighth level, a Snake Slayer learns how to counter various attacks. Attacking a Snake Slayer now provokes an Attack of Opportunity, but only one such attack can be taken per round.

Avoid the Attack (Ex)
At ninth level, a Snake Slayer gets a permanent +2 dodge bonus to its Armor Class.

Angafirith
2007-04-13, 04:52 PM
Any ideas, comments, or donations?