PDA

View Full Version : Best 3.5 Character Sheet Templates

Lerondiel
2015-04-03, 07:37 AM
Hi Playground,

I'm currently in a FR campaign with our current DM wanting a higher level of accuracy and legibility on our character sheets. I always play casters with features like companions/wildshaping/polymorphing/buffing/abilities/spell lists that have me scribbling notes on the back of character sheets and doing way too many things from memory.

I was about to start creating my own template from scratch but thought there must be so many others who have faced this.

What are the best high-detail character sheet templates you've found?

GilesTheCleric
2015-04-03, 07:41 AM
Mine is useful for casters especially. I always make a separate sheet for companions rather than trying to mush them onto the same one, and use external spell lists as well (though I used to keep an exhaustive list as an extra sheet). In your case of using a lot of polymorphing, there's temporary fields that would work well for easily seeing what changes are made when changed. It will also auto-calculate carrying capacity, ac, and other changes due to size as well. See my sig.

Once I'm at my computer I'll link you to a dropbox with several character sheet options as well, though I don't think they have as many fields or auto-calculation as mine.

Mythweavers.com is popular since it's hosted on the web and is easy to share; some folks also use hero forge, though I have no experience to comment on that.

For spells, I just use a separate spreadsheet or web resources for my complete list, then keep a shorter list of "typical" spells on my character sheet.

atemu1234
2015-04-03, 11:24 AM
Mine is useful for casters especially. I always make a separate sheet for companions rather than trying to mush them onto the same one, and use external spell lists as well (though I used to keep an exhaustive list as an extra sheet). In your case of using a lot of polymorphing, there's temporary fields that would work well for easily seeing what changes are made when changed. It will also auto-calculate carrying capacity, ac, and other changes due to size as well. See my sig.

Once I'm at my computer I'll link you to a dropbox with several character sheet options as well, though I don't think they have as many fields or auto-calculation as mine.

Mythweavers.com is popular since it's hosted on the web and is easy to share; some folks also use hero forge, though I have no experience to comment on that.

For spells, I just use a separate spreadsheet or web resources for my complete list, then keep a shorter list of "typical" spells on my character sheet.

I've used Mythweavers, and I like that one.

Trasilor
2015-04-03, 12:12 PM
Hi Playground,

I'm currently in a FR campaign with our current DM wanting a higher level of accuracy and legibility on our character sheets. I always play casters with features like companions/wildshaping/polymorphing/buffing/abilities/spell lists that have me scribbling notes on the back of character sheets and doing way too many things from memory.

I was about to start creating my own template from scratch but thought there must be so many others who have faced this.

What are the best high-detail character sheet templates you've found?

Are you looking at online? or Pen and Paper?

Online - myth-weavers gets the job done, as does the one on Obsidian Portal.

But for pen and paper - I find the Dyslexic Studeos character sheets awesome. They go from a 2 page basic sheet to a 4 page complex sheet with the option to add additional sheets: various types of spell pages, animal companions, character background, equipment, character logs, Party sheet for DMs, NPC sheet for players. Additionally they have a specialized pages for almost every class.

GilesTheCleric
2015-04-03, 02:41 PM
Here's the link to the dropbox with a variety of sheets. Some are pretty, some are more fully-featured, and I think some do include auto-calculation. As I recall, most of them are suitable for printing.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mirpvhyqtjrkc4q/3XjCiasCTk

And a link to mine:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pg9947g3djvpv4y/AADblS9Y1lbySefrxOWsrkiGa?dl=0

Psyren
2015-04-03, 06:28 PM
Are you looking at online? or Pen and Paper?

Online - myth-weavers gets the job done, as does the one on Obsidian Portal.

But for pen and paper - I find the Dyslexic Studeos character sheets awesome. They go from a 2 page basic sheet to a 4 page complex sheet with the option to add additional sheets: various types of spell pages, animal companions, character background, equipment, character logs, Party sheet for DMs, NPC sheet for players. Additionally they have a specialized pages for almost every class.

Seconding Dyslexic, sadie is an artist. There are sheets for both 3.5 and PF there.

http://charactersheets.minotaur.cc/

KillingAScarab
2015-04-03, 09:15 PM
I haven't tried Dyslexic Studios sheets, but they do look pretty nice. The best physical character sheet template I have used was Mongoose Publishing's Ultimate Character Record Sheet (http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/1810/Ultimate-Character-Record-Sheet?cPath=161_201&it=1) (MGP 9006). The main page has one temp score and one temp modifier boxe for each of your attributes. There's an "animal associates" page: mount, familiar and two companions. There are two pages for "Contacts, Companions & Cohorts." There are full page spell sheets, even a page for psionics. There's also a will for when your character dies.

Lerondiel
2015-04-03, 11:44 PM
Thanks everyone.

Yes, I am a paper & pencil relic from the 80s and I really appreciate everyone's input...you've spared me from having to reinvent the wheel!