PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Optimized Sandshaper

Thurbane
2015-04-03, 01:48 PM
Hey all,

Just like to see some advice for an optimized Sandshaper build for a Beguiler, Dread Necro, Or Warmage.

Idea is to expand the classes spell list as much as possible, and to make it as versatile and powerful as possible.

Cheers - T

http://i61.tinypic.com/33cogvp.jpg

Troacctid
2015-04-03, 02:14 PM
There isn't much about the prestige class that demands optimization, other than the standard optimization tactics you'd use for the base class. Basically, just treat it as you would a normal Sorcerer or Warmage or Beguiler or whatever, and enjoy having some extra sandy options.

Darrin
2015-04-03, 07:41 PM
So... the table only goes up to 30 cubic feet. That kinda rules out an F-16. However...

Shapesand = Antimatter Rifle. DMG page 146.

sideswipe
2015-04-03, 08:38 PM
i guess the optimisation of sandshaper is a big list of things you can sand shape for specific situations.

dextercorvia
2015-04-03, 09:58 PM
If you want to expand your spell list as much as possible then I recommend the Mother Cyst feat, and one of the Bloodline feats. You don't benefit from the Apprentice Spellcaster spell switcheroo, but there are still some decent spells to be had that way. If you can get the skill ranks (Apprentice:Spellcaster helps with this and the UMD I'm about to mention), then Divine Oracle nets you a domain. If you worship a suitable pantheon, and can UMD a wand (or Minor Schema since you shouldn't need to switch often) of Substitute Domain, then you can have whatever domain you need in a given situation.