PDA

View Full Version : TV So, the new Odd Couple?

Avilan the Grey
2015-04-03, 03:47 PM
I like it.

Seriously I like it. A little louder and ruder, as all sitcoms are these days, but I like it.

Cheesegear
2015-04-05, 10:15 AM
I'm a fan.

I'm a huge fan of both Matthew Perry and Thomas Lennon, so if a producer wants to cast them both in the same show, I'm on board.
Wendell Pierce was part of the main cast in The Wire, so if he wants to do comedy, you should let him.
Lindsay Sloane is...Decent.

Basically, it's a very strong cast (especially on the two lead men). Provided it doesn't get cancelled, I can see it going places. I also don't see why it would get cancelled either (but Go On was cancelled, and that show 'had potential', too). Two and a Half Men is over - finally! The only thing on TV right now is Big Bang Theory, and that show's got a contract through to 2017, and not going anywhere.

I despise Mom, so I really hope that The Odd Couple takes off.

Avilan the Grey
2015-04-05, 11:47 AM
I love mom. Well except the main character, and... and...

Well basically the only thing I like about mom is: Allison Janney.

That's it.

Also, this weeks BBT really rubbed me the wrong way. Bernadette was... a b-word and everyone just thought she was right.

As for the topic:
After watching 4 episodes I'm a huge fan. Nice to see Perry playing the "anti Chandler". I also liked that the last episode I saw was a very close homage to an episode from the original series.

themaque
2015-04-05, 04:48 PM
I'm glad you enjoy the show. Seriously, I am. I think the cast is VERY strong and the premise is a classic for a reason.

I just find it to be one of the dumbest shows on television. It has a rare joke that I actually find funny, but for the most part I'm just amazed at how unfunny I find all these actors I KNOW are funny people.

I admit, I have found myself Hate watching the first 3 episodes but I don't see myself going back.