PDA

View Full Version : I'd like to build a mountain keep.

tadkins
2015-04-03, 05:00 PM
My Malconvoker wizard, with the help of a couple of friends, just defeated a tribe of kobolds that tried to kill them and offered a deal. Help him dig into the mountain where he intends to make his home (every wizard needs a good lair) and assist in the construction of his keep. In return, he would allow them to live, maintain their homes within the mountain and even offer some form of payment once the work was completed, leaving them in peace.

So I've got a bunch of kobolds digging and constructing a complex for my wizard. Nothing too elaborate, just a place to call home, and relatively secure enough to store my library and valuables. At the same time I'd like to bind a few outsiders to assist and expedite the construction. Any recommendations? Being a Malconvoker, just about anything would go, really.

Blackhawk748
2015-04-03, 05:04 PM
Earth Elementals are good for this, strong have earth glide i believe the more powerful ones even have a few helpful SLAs

jiriku
2015-04-03, 05:14 PM
If you have a lyre of building, a lillend would be a good choice. Outsiders do not eat, drink, or sleep, so she could play it continuously. A djinn can create wood for you once per day with its permanent major creation, and a ghaele eladrin casts as a 14th level cleric, which gets you many castings of wall of stone and stone shape each day.

(Un)Inspired
2015-04-03, 06:22 PM
Don't forget to cast fabricate to create a bunch of tasteful furniture for your next place.