PDA

View Full Version : Hello, and Welcome New Members, Thread 12

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Haruki-kun
2015-04-03, 06:58 PM
Welcome to the twelfth incarnation of the popular Welcome thread for new members.

If you are new, feel free to post your greetings and salutations here.

If you are old, feel free to stop by from time to time and welcome the new folks to the playground.

Regardless of your current status, new or old, welcome to the Playground.

(Please do keep non-salutation conversations to a minimum here, Random Banter is there for a reason.)

Useful links:

Click here to read the Forum Rules. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/announcement.php?a=1)
Click here to request a personalized OOTS-Style Avatar from our local artists. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?448993-Request-an-OotS-style-Avatar-14-Even-More-Revenge) Make sure to thank them!
Click here to go to the Board/Site Issues forum (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?25-Board-Site-Issues), where you can ask any questions you might have and the staff will do our best to answer. Also take a look at the sticky threads at the top of the forum, your question might already be answered!

Duck999
2015-04-03, 08:43 PM
Welcome new thread!:smalltongue:

Sorry, I had to do it.

Gopher Wizard
2015-04-05, 05:36 PM
Hello. I just joined the forum, and this seemed like the appropriate place to post.

Duck999
2015-04-05, 05:40 PM
Hello. I just joined the forum, and this seemed like the appropriate place to post.

It would indeed, be the right place to post. Welcome new member, and great name!:smalltongue:

Gopher Wizard
2015-04-05, 06:24 PM
It would indeed, be the right place to post. Welcome new member, and great name!:smalltongue:

Well I am specialized in gopher-mancy.:smallwink:

GalateasGallows
2015-04-06, 10:07 AM
Hello I've been reading OoTS for quite some time and just now thought "wow those forums (fora?) look p great!" so I am now here.

Korack018
2015-04-06, 11:06 AM
Hi everyone. Got onto the forums to try to let The Giant know, in a thread, that his OOTS characters might be being used without his permission and after seeing everything else, looks like I might be poking around the 5E area too. :-)

Krik
2015-04-06, 11:09 AM
I completely forgot to introduce myself. Silly me.
Anyway! Hi!
Yeah!

...I'm bad at introductions. I should mention you'll probably find me either playing DDO or getting into roleplay here.

P.J.
2015-04-06, 11:58 AM
Hey all,

My name is P.J. and it's been a good long while since I have been involved in a forum. I typically have been a lurker until now.

I am going to be running a V:tM campaign (with mostly first timers who are more experienced in D&D) over in the PbP boards, so hopefully that will be worth a few laughs to anyone reading.

Gopher Wizard
2015-04-06, 03:25 PM
I completely forgot to introduce myself. Silly me.
Anyway! Hi!
Yeah!

...I'm bad at introductions. I should mention you'll probably find me either playing DDO or getting into roleplay here.

Hi Krik!I'm also new and enjoy roleplaying. Hope to see you around some more. And as for introductions, that wasn't bad at all. Don't be so hard on yourself.

Duck999
2015-04-08, 04:33 PM
Hey all,

My name is P.J. and it's been a good long while since I have been involved in a forum. I typically have been a lurker until now.

I am going to be running a V:tM campaign (with mostly first timers who are more experienced in D&D) over in the PbP boards, so hopefully that will be worth a few laughs to anyone reading.
Forums are fun, it's good to see people get involved in them. Welcome!

Hi everyone. Got onto the forums to try to let The Giant know, in a thread, that his OOTS characters might be being used without his permission and after seeing everything else, looks like I might be poking around the 5E area too. :-)
I just saw that. Thank for being useful, and welcome to the forum. I hope to see you around a little (or a lot) more.

Hello I've been reading OoTS for quite some time and just now thought "wow those forums (fora?) look p great!" so I am now here.

Hello, and welcome to the place lurkers come when they want to lurk no more.:smalltongue:

Hijinx22
2015-04-08, 05:46 PM
Hello. Words to fill the error

spidermite
2015-04-08, 08:05 PM
Heya.
Im spidermite I used to be an avid reader of OOTS untill a few comics after the 3.5 rule change which was amazing. Recently I was looking for post based RP games, as my 5 mo. old keeps me from intense gaming while my wife is at work, and was redirected to this website where I used to spend so much time I found a game I was interested in and registered. So, hi all. I enjoy craft beer and innovative video games.

DixieDevil
2015-04-09, 03:37 AM
Howdy, y'all!

I had an account here way back when I was younger, then I made this one two years ago, but haven't been on here in a good long while.

So I just thought I'd say hey! I'm probably gonna try and catch up on several missed years of OOTS :smallbiggrin:

Killer Angel
2015-04-09, 06:42 AM
Welcome aboard to Hijinx22 and spidermite , and welcome back to DixieDevil.

Enjoy a Group Hug! :smallsmile:

Cyber Punk
2015-04-09, 04:42 PM
Welcome to GITP, new people.

There's lots of fun to be had if you know where to look, depending on your interests. That is to say, everywhere!

algebra123230
2015-04-09, 06:23 PM
I've been reading OotS for ~4? years now, but I finally registered an account :)

Jaxzan Proditor
2015-04-09, 06:47 PM
I've been reading OotS for ~4? years now, but I finally registered an account :)

Hello there, algebra! I'm glad you decided to register! I hope to see you around in the OOTS forum! :smallsmile:

Gopher Wizard
2015-04-09, 06:52 PM

Welcome to the forum! By the way, are the numbers at the end of your screen name some sort of code, or complex math reference, or just random numbers? I ask because the first part of your name is algebra.

Surk, Sir
2015-04-09, 11:00 PM
New here! Been playing for a few years though and have been with OotS for a long time now.

Gopher Wizard
2015-04-10, 05:54 AM
New here! Been playing for a few years though and have been with OotS for a long time now.

Welcome to the playground Surk, Sir!:smallsmile:

Stormthroe
2015-04-11, 10:24 AM
Hello all!

My name is Demitrius, but on most online soirees I go by Storm. I've been lurking on GiantITP for a few months now and finally got around to registering.

A little about me, I am former military and a recent college graduate. I enjoy many things...no, seriously, I am a self-proclaimed Renaissance Man. I've studied many topics, and avidly practice and learn skills across the board: martial arts (jui jitsu, muay thai, and wing chun kung fu specifically), dance (salsa, tango, samba, swing, jazz, and hip-hop), instruments (anything you find in a marching band, alongside didgeridoo, steel drums, and piano), language, and creative writing (mostly heroic fantasy, but some sci-fi) are just a few of my interests. Among them, of course, is gaming, mostly attributed to tabletop roleplays and wargaming in the forms of D&D and Warhammer Fantasy/40k as well as Warmachine and Hordes.

My main goal here is that with recently finding myself with significantly more time after leaving college and the military, I have picked up more time for roleplay and delved into D&D with renewed fervor. Based on my observation of the site, I look forward to joining the community!

Adieu, et puis bonjour,

Storm

Chambers
2015-04-11, 10:40 AM
Welcome to the Jungle Playground, Storm. Glad you decided to join us, I'm a fellow veteran myself (U.S Army, OIF I). As you're relatively new here I recommend taking some time to read over the Forum Rules (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/announcement.php?a=1).

You can usually find a few Warhammer PbP games recruiting for players in the Finding Players sub-forum as well as plenty of D&D games, if you're interested in Play by Post games.

Stormthroe
2015-04-11, 11:08 AM
Thanks for the welcome, Chambers. I was Marine Corps, 2nd Marines out of the East Coast. Already had a read through, but I'll be sure to check into them if I need to double check. Play by Post is great, but the knowledge sharing is my interest. I'll be sure to take a look though, thanks for the info!

Gopher Wizard
2015-04-11, 12:17 PM
Welcome Stormthroe!

doctortre2361
2015-04-12, 01:09 PM
Hi everyone I'm DrTre. I've been using the site for a while and just realized I didn't have a profile.

Killer Angel
2015-04-13, 06:00 AM
Hi everyone I'm DrTre. I've been using the site for a while and just realized I didn't have a profile.

Your usage will, indeed, be improved by having an account. :smallbiggrin:
Welcome aboard!

Gopher Wizard
2015-04-13, 02:13 PM

Welcome to the Playground. Good to have you.

Aerii
2015-04-15, 11:10 AM
Hello everybody!

After reading the comics, I began lurking around the forums, but I was too hesitant to post anything and not sure where to start. And then I found this thread to begin posting! It's not often I see an active welcome thread.

So, it's nice to meet you all, and hopefully I'll quickly become active here.

Gopher Wizard
2015-04-15, 11:15 AM
Hello everybody!

After reading the comics, I began lurking around the forums, but I was too hesitant to post anything and not sure where to start. And then I found this thread to begin posting! It's not often I see an active welcome thread.

So, it's nice to meet you all, and hopefully I'll quickly become active here.

Hello Aerii. Welcome to the forum! Good to have you! Like you, I lurked around the forums for a while before finally creating a screen name.

RipVanWinkle
2015-04-15, 02:23 PM
Hey guys, I'm new here as I joined yesterday while trying to find some more evil tricks to use while DM-ing and would like to introduce myself.

Gopher Wizard
2015-04-16, 03:55 PM
Hey guys, I'm new here as I joined yesterday while trying to find some more evil tricks to use while DM-ing and would like to introduce myself.

Welcome to the playground RipVanWinkle.

Drezius
2015-04-17, 01:49 AM
Hello guys. Lv 1 thief looking for easy work here.

Killer Angel
2015-04-17, 06:24 AM
Hello guys. Lv 1 thief looking for easy work here.

Ah! Easy money are only made of coppers. you have to sweat for the gold!

Anyway, welcome aboard. We alway need remorseless minions. :smallwink:

Elenna
2015-04-17, 10:49 PM
Hi! I actually joined the forums back in December, a few months after finding OOTS, but I just noticed this thread. *waves*

Millstone85
2015-04-19, 03:10 AM
Hello everyone,

I found the forum thanks to the comic.

I now register to find help on roleplaying games.

Novawaffles
2015-04-19, 05:34 AM
Hello, I'm Novawaffles. :)

I'm here to spy on my DM - all secret-like. xD

TurboGhast
2015-04-19, 09:41 AM
Hello! I've been lurking the the fora for some time now and have decided to get an account so I may respond, and add to comments.

This post also tests if I set up my avatar properly.

EDIT: Which I have!

Killer Angel
2015-04-20, 05:57 AM
Hi! I actually joined the forums back in December, a few months after finding OOTS, but I just noticed this thread. *waves*

Ah! Too late for the welcome hug, sorry. :smalltongue:

Greetings to our new playgrounders, Millstone85, Novawaffles and TurboGhast. Enjoy the forum! :smallsmile:

The_Doctor
2015-04-20, 01:29 PM
Hello hello hello. The name's The Doctor. Pleasure to meet you all.

Gopher Wizard
2015-04-21, 11:48 PM
Hello hello hello. The name's The Doctor. Pleasure to meet you all.

Hello The_Doctor. Welcome to the playground. Glad you joined.

Dyslexic
2015-04-22, 03:41 AM
Hi there!
I'm new here.

Paleomancer
2015-04-22, 05:47 PM
Hi! I've been a fan of the comic for a few years now, but just decided to participate in some discussions. Look forward to talking with you all :)

Killer Angel
2015-04-23, 06:28 AM
Hello to Dyslexic and Paleomancer.
Welcome into the playground! :smallsmile:

TheLordDagda
2015-04-23, 06:40 PM
Hello I am a longtime comic and forum reader, as well as an abuser of homebrew rules found here to crush annoying players across numerous editions of DnD

saitoalan22
2015-04-24, 07:13 PM
hello friends of GitPForum!!!

Silent_Interim
2015-04-25, 12:13 AM
I am (probably) a person, and I exist, and now I exist here too!

Gopher Wizard
2015-04-25, 11:47 AM
I am (probably) a person, and I exist, and now I exist here too!

Well I'm very glad you do exist...unless this all turns out to be a simulation in which case I'm sad you don't exist.

anaximander19
2015-04-26, 06:21 AM
Hi there! I've been reading things on here for a while, and I recently decided I should sign up and join in a little.

I've been playing D&D for a few years now; my longest-running game is in 3.5e and has been going for about two years, and I've been part of it for a little over a year and a half, during which time I've played a human ranger (who was slain by ghouls) and a tiefling duskblade, who has been going strong for a full year now. He's currently at level 5, is devoted to Wee Jas and has a serious vendetta against the undead... which is handy, because the party he's fallen in with have been fighting a rogue who commands an army of necromancers for some time now.

More recently, I got to DM my first game, a 5e trial run one-shot for the guys I play with in that 3.5 game. The players enjoyed it, and I couldn't resist loading it with plot hooks, so it's turning into an actual campaign which we switch to now and then when our regular DM is too busy to prep a session. We're enjoying 5e so much that we're planning to convert our regular game, which is requiring a little homebrew for those who play classes that don't exist in 5e yet.

On that note, my first thread will be going up in the Homebrew section shortly: an alternate class option for the warlock.

-anax

Santrix
2015-04-26, 05:18 PM
Good evening everyone, it is a pleasure to be a newly incorporated member of such a great site. :smallsmile: I hope people here are knowledgeable and helpful because i have a lot of things to ask. I started playing quite recently with some good friends and there is a lot of stuff that i still don't know and i hope to find valuable information here, as well as share my information in return. :smallbiggrin:

TerryPie
2015-04-27, 06:08 AM
Hello, I've decided to finally do something about how infrequently my mates and I play tabletop RPGs and decided to join this forum and see if I couldn't do something about playing more often online!

I've been tabletop RPGing for about 14 years now. In my time I have played Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e, Shadowrun 4e, Dark Heresy and Pathfinder. I have also DMed Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e, Dungeons & Dragons 5e (the game system our current campaign is using) and Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2e.

Hope to play with (heads out the gutter now) and/or DM some of you soon!

Killer Angel
2015-04-28, 05:55 AM
time to welcome our new, brave members!
Hello to anaximander19, Santrix and TerryPie .
For any doubt you may have, feel free to ask... in the meanwhile, enjoy the site! :smallsmile:

WunSukong
2015-04-28, 12:38 PM
Hello everyone, I'm WunSukong!

Big fan of avatar, monks, monkeys, monkey kings, and role-playing in general!

Really interested in 5e at the moment and have tried my hand at a little home brewing.

Merry christmas to all!

Brion
2015-04-28, 02:42 PM
Hello all! I've been a Pathfinder player for about 4 years or so, but never have played any edition of actual D&D. I was tired of coming across random OOTS references on the internet without a full understanding, so I blasted through all the comics in 2-3 weeks... and here I am!

paranoidbox
2015-04-29, 04:03 AM
Hi! I am new.

Long time reader, but only registered today :D

Pip pip, cheerio, and all that.

Gopher Wizard
2015-04-29, 09:02 AM
Hi! I am new.

Long time reader, but only registered today :D

Pip pip, cheerio, and all that.

Hello paranoidbox. Welcome to the forums!

AlephOzone
2015-04-29, 02:36 PM
Hello. I'm a long-time reader of the comic, and I'm the dm of my group. I registered mostly because I wanted to have a place to talk with other people about dnd and the like, and ask for help with stuff relating ot that.

Actually, I'm currently trying to create my own rpg system, and that is exactly what I'd like to ask for some help with... so if I could have some directions to where this type of stuff should be discussed, I'd be very grateful.

UserClone
2015-04-30, 01:32 AM
Hello there! UserClone here (formerly FlWiPig). Newly old Playgrounder, just popping back on to let you know I'm alive. Hiyo! :)

Netjester
2015-04-30, 03:10 PM
Hi, hello, hola, que pasa, I'm Netjester. Working in learning Ruby, figuring out indie game development, and spending more free time than I really should contemplating stories that haven't been written yet. :)

Gopher Wizard
2015-05-01, 12:24 PM
Hi, hello, hola, que pasa, I'm Netjester. Working in learning Ruby, figuring out indie game development, and spending more free time than I really should contemplating stories that haven't been written yet. :)

Hello Netjester and welcome to the playground. You seem like a cool person learning game development.

Tentreto
2015-05-01, 04:59 PM
Hello there,
I'm, believe it or not a new member who, after relatively recently reading the whole comic so far, decided to crash onto the forums. Wish me luck!

Killer Angel
2015-05-02, 05:00 AM
Hello there! UserClone here (formerly FlWiPig). Newly old Playgrounder, just popping back on to let you know I'm alive. Hiyo! :)

Ohhh! welcome back! :smallsmile:

Hello there,
I'm, believe it or not a new member who, after relatively recently reading the whole comic so far, decided to crash onto the forums. Wish me luck!

Good luck, Tentreto. And while we're here, I'll give you also a free Welcome Hug! :smallwink:

Gopher Wizard
2015-05-02, 02:27 PM
Hello there,

Welcome to the playground Tentreto!

Milongo
2015-05-04, 09:12 AM
Hello everyone,
i'm mostly here because my Pen&Paper groupe started with D&D 3.5 and the forum and community looks awesome so far!

Craving for wisdom from the ancient masters of D&D, i hopefully prove myself worthy. :smalltongue:

YossarianLives
2015-05-04, 10:04 AM
Hello everyone,
i'm mostly here because my Pen&Paper groupe started with D&D 3.5 and the forum and community looks awesome so far!

Craving for wisdom from the ancient masters of D&D, i hopefully prove myself worthy. :smalltongue:
Greetings, and welcome to the playground! Head over to the 3.5 subforum for a healthy dose of insanity and optimization.

Pigeon_VII
2015-05-04, 01:59 PM
Hello everybody! I just joined, and it's great to be here!

Fornax421
2015-05-06, 01:58 PM
hello! im new and trying to learn what i can about D&D!

Killer Angel
2015-05-06, 02:57 PM
Hello everybody! I just joined, and it's great to be here!

hello! im new and trying to learn what i can about D&D!

Welcome aboard!
For any question you may have, don't worry and ask.

Fornax, you'll find plenty of D&D knowledge in the roleplaying games subforum. :smallwink:

Ares B
2015-05-08, 02:10 AM
I've been loving the comics and lurking in the forums for a number of years, but haven't managed to put out a hello world post yet. Now that I'm getting back into D&D with the 5th ed, I think it's appropriate to finally fix this omission.

So: Hello, world!

Ebonrei
2015-05-10, 12:59 PM
Hello World! I'm new so be gentle senpais :D

Sir Grave
2015-05-10, 01:01 PM
I've been loving the comics and lurking in the forums for a number of years, but haven't managed to put out a hello world post yet. Now that I'm getting back into D&D with the 5th ed, I think it's appropriate to finally fix this omission.

So: Hello, world!

Hello World! I'm new so be gentle senpais :D

Welcome to gitp forums! Hope you have fun! :smallbiggrin:

csmeek
2015-05-13, 12:59 PM
Uhm, hello. The name's csmeek, I don't really know that much about dnd and I want to learn and I've been lurking for about four weeks looking at campaign journals. I really like lizardfolk.

DiceyUK
2015-05-13, 07:03 PM
Hi, I'm DiceyUK :)

Killer Angel
2015-05-14, 03:29 PM
Welcome aboard, csmeek and DiceyUK. Enjoy your stay! :smallsmile:

Gamer_KM
2015-05-15, 12:47 PM
Hello I am Gamer_KM I an join Campaigns and ponies

GrumpyBadger
2015-05-16, 03:36 AM
hey all,

been a lurker here for about a week now. Basically the guides and such for D&D have been really helpful for me and my friends. I used to play a TON of D&D, like before computers were really a "thing" for gaming, it basically took X-Wing on CD-ROM to get us to start to get away from D&D. Then I came back to D&D with some college friends back in 2009. I thought it was cool the "young-uns" (I being 26, them being 18-20) actually liked book and board based games. I showed them Warhammer 40k and Warmachine and they asked if I did D&D. That was my intro to 3.0/3.5e. I played that through 2012.

Like I said, my friends and I are getting back into D&D, and are really excited about 5e. I saw quite a few topics and threads that I've bookmarked on my phone and tablet, for reference even while we play. The "3.5 to 5e" guides, and Person_Man's "Grognard's Guide" especially have been very helpful for us.

all along, I've been "play-by-post" roleplaying on forums as well. Mainly just Star Wars based forums where people can't help but portray Jedi and Mandalorians, both on forums and in real life (501st, RL, MandoMercs).

I've been looking for somewhere to "play-by-post" that was more fantasy related. After continually ending up on this forum, just looking for guides for D&D, I thought I'd check out the rest of the site, and see what I thought. Read the rules area and such, thought I'd say hi. I'm excited.

looking forward to meeting y'all and having some fun

p.s. don't let the chipper introduction fool you ;) "grumpybadger" is quite accurate lol

dragondude135
2015-05-16, 07:36 AM
hey, trying to post, letīs see if this works

Killer Angel
2015-05-17, 07:34 AM
Wealcome aboard to all our newcomers!

Hello I am Gamer_KM I an join Campaigns and ponies

Should I suppose you're already aware of Ponyfinder (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?414984-Ponyfinder-is-it-worth-taking-a-look-at-for-a-non-brony), rigth? :smallwink:

I've been looking for somewhere to "play-by-post" that was more fantasy related. After continually ending up on this forum, just looking for guides for D&D, I thought I'd check out the rest of the site, and see what I thought. Read the rules area and such, thought I'd say hi. I'm excited.

I'm not into PbP, so you're not going to see me in that forum's section, but hey, have fun! :smallsmile:

hey, trying to post, letīs see if this works

I would say yes... :smalltongue:

Bigby
2015-05-17, 11:29 AM
I'm just gonna leave this here:

Hello. New to posting in the forum, though I've found the D&D rules sections to be helpful in interpreting rules for, you guessed it, D&D. At the very best, I'd like to try and join a game at some point in the future, though I think I'd have to restrict it to PbP or some other method that doesn't require a lot of verbal communication (though that's more because I always seem to be around people). So yeah.

Hey.

Waywardson
2015-05-18, 08:45 AM
Hello, new member here.

Been reading the comic for a while (though I need to binge to catch up again) and a group of friends recently started a D&D 5E campaign and asked me to DM it. The catch being that I have little D&D experience in general, let alone DMing a game. I figured having a forum to ask questions and get some advice would be a good thing to have. Plus I've been browsing the forums, and ya'll seem like a fun lot.

Ryotaiku
2015-05-18, 08:58 AM
So, uh... Hi. I'm new. I've known about Oots since I was nine, but didn't actually start reading it until November of 2013. I have no idea how active I'll be, but I'm here. I made an avatar and everything.

Limstar
2015-05-18, 11:46 AM
Hello!!

I want to join a 3.5 campaign if anyone has room for me =)

KorvinStarmast
2015-05-18, 12:41 PM
Hello, I mostly lurk, but am happy to have joined and have a chance to discuss 5e with anyone who is enjoying the latest edition of
"trying to get D&D right"
... which reaches back to about 1974.
:smallbiggrin:

Korvin

MistahBoweh
2015-05-18, 07:52 PM
I've been lurking here so long, I actually saw something that inspired me to reply and was legitimately surprised I never once made an account. So hi, I guess. I've seen you before, but you haven't seen me. Does that sound creepy? Maybe I've played too many rogues.

I started with 3.5 when it launched in 2003 and stuck with it for long time, until swapping over to Pathfinder last year (such a huge leap, I know).

I also started streaming a pathfinder campaign last week, entitled PathLosers, in which I GM Pathfinder for the first time while my regular GM and a tabletop newcomer make my life miserable every Friday. For the curious, this is a link (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQgtBPG_awo).

I might post more. Might not. I dunno.

Walkirriox
2015-05-19, 02:06 AM
Hello!! I'm a new member! ^^

Kitsunex
2015-05-19, 08:19 AM
Greetings mortals,

I am amused by your postings, like ants carrying twigs and grass to and fro...

I have descended to this forum to alleviate my boredom of the cave.

Carry on.

kumar
2015-05-19, 12:59 PM
I am new user - 25 old male who is working with plastic and i am enginner in plastic production
Great forum
--
injection moulding for your company - try best http://bianorsolutions.com
http://bianorsolutions.com/uploads/pics/phillips-staubsauger.jpg

Bard1cKnowledge
2015-05-19, 03:17 PM
Hello, Bard1cKnowledge here, long time skulker first time poster, I'm also family new to dming so I might go hang out in those threads for a while

Or any involving funny stories of the barbarian in the group

nick_crenshaw
2015-05-19, 05:51 PM
Hello everyone my name is Nick and I love 3.0/3.5/Pathfinder the most in d20 gaming and as such will probably be post of my stuff using those mechanics.

ThorgrimThunder
2015-05-21, 08:33 AM
Hey all. My first post. Been coming around this site a long time, but just registered so I can finally talk to people here.
Anyway hi all.

MrMordrith
2015-05-21, 10:03 PM
Hello everyone,

I'm not new to being a fan of OotS, but I've held off creating an account for a while. Finally took the plunge today. and I look forward to becoming a part of this community.

Killer Angel
2015-05-22, 04:13 PM
Oh my...
How many are you? :smalleek:
Now, I need to take a deep breath...

Welcome to: Bigby , Waywardson, Ryotaiku , Limstar , KorvinStarmast, MistahBoweh , Walkirriox , Kitsunex , kumar , Bard1cKnowledge , nick_crenshaw , ThorgrimThunder and MrMordrith!

Hope y'all will find what you're searching for. In the meantime, enjoy this GROUP HUG!

Mr. Pockets
2015-05-24, 01:08 AM
Hello all,
I will be brief.
that is all!

ADC
2015-05-24, 09:43 PM
Hey, everyone, I'm ADC. I've not been around that long, but when the questions I was asking consistently lead me to Giant in the Playground, I realized this is the place for me. I'm interested in history, athletics, and just about everything in between.

See you around,

ADC

Oloapid
2015-05-26, 06:41 PM
Hi Everyone! Long time reader, but only just registered. Been reading since before the first KRAKAKOOOM.

Greatest Owl
2015-05-27, 03:55 PM
Hey everyone. Just joined. Love the comic.

Queen of Thorns
2015-05-27, 09:29 PM
Hello, I'm a long-time lurker on these forums, so I think I have an okay grasp of how things work around here, I'm super interested in MBG and FFRP, but everything else looks super cool too! I look forward to being here.:smallbiggrin:

Shadow11615
2015-05-27, 10:20 PM
Hi. I am new-obviously. I hope this will be fun!

Killer Angel
2015-05-28, 06:16 AM
Hello to Mr. Pockets, ADC, Oloapid, Greatest Owl, Queen of Thorns and Shadow11615.
Hope you'll enjoy the forum, as much as you enjoy the comic. Welcome aboard! :smallsmile:

Baug
2015-05-28, 01:18 PM
Hello all, I've been lurking in the forums for a bit but decided that it was about time for a real account.

Nuffs
2015-05-28, 04:08 PM
Hello, everyone.

YeaCatnipHulk
2015-05-29, 10:40 PM
Hello! I just joined and I am so glad I finally figured out what was wrong with my email so I can start asking questions and answering others. Also, my cat likes to share my keyboard and will periodically step all over it so I apologize in advance for any random clumps of letters that she leaves behind on my text boxes.

Apples&Bananas
2015-05-30, 02:44 PM
Apples & Bananas!:smallwink:

Dimolyth
2015-05-30, 04:33 PM
Hello everyone.

I`ve been here already for a long time, and at last decided to register.

Killer Angel
2015-05-31, 01:21 PM
Group Hug!

Hello all, I've been lurking in the forums for a bit but decided that it was about time for a real account.
I lurked for more than one year, and I can assure you that is far better to partecipate! :smallwink:

Hello, everyone.
Hello! :smallsmile:

Hello! I just joined and I am so glad I finally figured out what was wrong with my email so I can start asking questions and answering others. Also, my cat likes to share my keyboard and will periodically step all over it so I apologize in advance for any random clumps of letters that she leaves behind on my text boxes.
What a coincidence! kjldlsahglkasjhgalsfgasjfg I have a cat too!

Apples & Bananas!:smallwink:
A yummy welcome to you!

I`ve been here already for a long time, and at last decided to register.
Hope you'll stay with us for even a more long time! :smallsmile:

Xan Glokta
2015-06-01, 05:15 AM
Commencing obligatory greetings post.

Greetings one and all! (I hate these things...)

ForLivesDoIt
2015-06-02, 09:03 PM
Hi Guys! Just would like to say hi to this awesome community!

RagingHalfling
2015-06-03, 07:03 AM
Hello I've been reading this comic for about 2 years :mitd: I only recently made an account.

Jahkin
2015-06-03, 07:22 AM
Hey, I'm joining the forum, sort of! Actually rejoining, but I originally joined years and years ago; so long ago that I don't have the e-mail it was tied to and don't recall my handle, so I figured I am more or less joining for the first time. Happy to be here!

97mg
2015-06-03, 11:54 PM
Greetings strangers! Looks like a great community, look forward to finding some nice pbp games here.
Cheers,
Ivo

Messy Lamaniera
2015-06-04, 12:55 AM
Hello here thread.
...the orange box told me to do this.

97mg
2015-06-04, 05:59 AM
Hi Messy, good to meet you :)

DragonLordIT
2015-06-04, 03:33 PM
Hi,
I have been playing D&D since 2nd edition, happily grown up with 3rd edition; moved to 4th for its quickness not because I liked it that much, and now reborn with 5th edition!

I have been reading the forum for a while now I decided to register!
From my grammar you'll understand I am not from US or GB. :smallbiggrin:

zurvan8
2015-06-04, 03:44 PM
Hello.

I'm new, but I'm here both because I've loved OOTS for years and because there are much less useful, more hostile places to be on the internet.

Like...well, most other places to be on the internet.

Peace.

TristanXD6
2015-06-04, 05:38 PM
Hey everyone! I'm new here, and didn't even realize that an OOTS forum existed! Its nice to finally be able to speak with other people that actaully read the comic! (I don't count my dad with this :smalltongue:)

I began reading OOTS when my dad introduced it to me when I was around 7 or 8. I got excited, followed it for a long time, and even made my own Belkar-similar character a while back.

I'll be on the forums often now (since I'll have not much else to do over the summer), and I hope to have interested conversations with like-minded individuals! :smallamused:

Conaldar
2015-06-05, 04:02 PM
Hello! Longtime gamer and comic fan here. Happy to be on the forum with fellow gamers.

Tibs
2015-06-05, 10:41 PM
Long time lurker (years) first time poster. Glad to join the community. :-)

Logosv
2015-06-06, 11:07 PM
I lurked this forum, once. I think OOTS was in a desert somewhere? I may or may not have had an account, but if I did I no longer recall its name.

I do remember seeing some pretty good games going on in that section of the forums, and occasionally get linked to good homebrew here. So I figured it's about time I made an account. Just need to get the custom avatar working and whatnot... .

PS: The new members banner seems to be linking to the old Welcome New Members Thread.

Wilkowsky
2015-06-07, 08:00 AM
Hi, there! I'm totally new! I mean I've seen this forum some time ago but didn't pay much of attention then. I decided to register mainly for Lords of Creation game. I just love that game. But I'll probably stick around for other stuff too.

Tartra
2015-06-08, 10:33 AM
Hi everyone!

I'm a longtime reader and longertimeago poster here, but I think I missed the formal introductions back then, too. Sorry!

I'm an online writer, and I'm a player in a 4e campaign and Pathfinder campaign. I love the storytelling elements of RPG, and as great as I am at it over the internet (if I do say so myself), I need a lot more practice with it face-to-face. Nothing like trying to play a broody Blackguard while you're giggling every ten minutes. I'm getting better, though. I've narrowed it down as just a comfort thing.

I'll be around the forums, but especially the Arts and Crafts board. Hope to see you there!

Killer Angel
2015-06-08, 02:47 PM
For a Group welcome Hug of this size, I'd need help! :smalltongue:

Welcome to 97mg; Messy Lamaniera; DragonLordIT; zurvan8; TristanXD6; Conaldar; Tibs; Logosv; Wilkowsky!
Enjoy the forum. :smallsmile:

Pereira
2015-06-08, 07:30 PM
greetings From Rio de Janeiro Brazil.

cubedancer
2015-06-09, 07:34 AM
Hi all, interested in getting back into gaming for a bit, signed up when browsing the forum for games. Hope to get in on the one I had my eye on, and maybe stick around! :cool:

shelledhound
2015-06-09, 10:30 AM
Hello world,
I've been a lurker here for quite some time now. what i have read of oots i've loved. I am a DM and a player who should spend more time studying than roleplaying.

Citan
2015-06-11, 10:53 AM
Hello everyone, nice to "meet" you all!

I've been browsing all around the web to get in-depth information about DD5, since I was hesitating between DD4 and DD5 for my first mastering.

This forum contains much insight and taught me many things already, so they may not be here but thanks to everyone that contributed to my readings. ^^

Hope I'll have soon an occasion to contribute to the discussions. :)

dafrca
2015-06-12, 12:07 AM
Hello;

I am an old gamer but new member. I have been getting back into games over the last few months. I look forward to reading the various threads on this forum.

Have a great day.

Daniel

N810
2015-06-12, 11:18 AM
been playing D&D for a couple months now, so after browsing this thread for a while,
I'd thought I might as well make an account. :smallamused:

SwordPsion
2015-06-13, 11:43 PM
Hello!

I created this account a few years ago but never got around to commenting anything. I guess that makes me new?

I'm from Michigan. Still live there for now.

Killer Angel
2015-06-14, 08:13 AM
Hello to Pereira, cubedancer, shelledhound, Citan, dafrca and N810.

Newcomers are Always welcome. Enjoy your stay! :smallsmile:

Hello!

I created this account a few years ago but never got around to commenting anything. I guess that makes me new?

Yea, I suppose it qualifies you as "brand new member". Welcome aboard (again)! :smallwink:

Epicmaster
2015-06-14, 12:21 PM
hello...
you may not know me, but i know you.
look out.
i'm here.

Chijinda
2015-06-15, 04:22 AM
Hi there! I'm a semi-novice TTRPG player, who's been garnering a bunch of questions in my mind and wanting to find a board to ask them on. I'm currently playing a Dark Heresy campaign, and have played a little bit of Pathfinder and D&D 3.5 in the past :)

Minnakht
2015-06-15, 05:23 AM
Hello!

I'm a person. I exist sometimes!

I've actually never played any of them D&Ds. At least not properly tabletop. I've played Nethack and Planescape: Torrent, for all that's worth.

I've been a reader of the 3.5 forum for the last few months or so, though, since it's fun to just read all the things people come up with, and now that I'll be trying to be a GM for a Fate game, I decided I have enough reasons to maybe start having an account here.

You might know me from places on the Internet. It's unlikely but there's a chance.

luckythepirate
2015-06-15, 12:40 PM
hey guys. i picked up 5e yesterday, and of course i spent the next several hours doin research, digging out old characters, even got a game set up for this saturday. well all the research i was doing kept bringing me back here, gotta say im very impressed with the homebrew stuff ive seen. so figured i would register and say hi to everyone, ill prob be hangin out here while i get my campaign started. its nice to meet you all i hope soon ill have some homebrew stuff of my own to contribute.

Raravin
2015-06-17, 02:59 PM
Hello! I am new. I was recommended here from a work buddy! I am currently creating my own 5e campaign and playing as a wizard in a pathfinder one!

Manatheron
2015-06-17, 04:30 PM
Heya!

I've Been following the comic for a little over a year now, and decided to join the forum for feedback on a couple of homebrew Ideas I had

Piefan
2015-06-17, 10:44 PM
Hello; I'm Piefan. You can call me Pie.

I'm not very well-versed in D&D rules, as my DM basically houserules over things he doesn't like... Most of my table is used to it, so we don't really bother protesting. Still, I'm trying to familiarise myself with the normal stuff in the game.

Blackstone
2015-06-18, 07:52 PM
Hello everyone! I play D&D, PF, White wolf, and more!

Killer Angel
2015-06-19, 05:48 AM
Time for another WELCOME HUG.

Hello to Epicmaster, Chijinda, Minnakht, luckythepirate, Raravin, Manatheron, Piefan, Blackstone.

If you have any doubt about the site (aka "where do i post this" and similar), feel free to ask. :smallsmile:

WizardOfWalnuts
2015-06-22, 02:05 AM
Hello all! Happy to be here among you fine folk. I am mainly a Pathfinder fan, but I dabble in other systems from time to time. Looking forward to posting/lurking on many a discussion, be they serious or frivolous!

IzHaN
2015-06-22, 03:14 PM
Hello everybody! Back into D&D 3.5!

Seeking Knowledge, adventures and new friends!

Kianlon
2015-06-23, 08:50 AM
Hey guys. I've been a lurker here for awhile and since I'm home sick today I figured why not make an account? I haven't played *real* D&D (because my GM was confused by the 4e rules so she combined it with Tunnels & Trolls for some reason) but I'm currently in three different d20 Modern campaigns, and the GM of one of them.
Side note: I'm very happy OOTS updated today.

Killer Angel
2015-06-23, 04:34 PM
Hello all! Happy to be here among you fine folk.

We're happy too. Welcome aboard. :smallsmile:

Seeking Knowledge, adventures and new friends!

Sure you'll find'em. Nice to meet you. :smallsmile:

Hey guys. I've been a lurker here for awhile and since I'm home sick today I figured why not make an account?

I've heard worse excuses... but not so many. :smalltongue:
Enjoy your stay.

See you around!

TinyT-Rex
2015-06-23, 05:37 PM
Hello everyone! I'm not new to OOTS, but I am new to the forums. I'll probably be hanging around the comics and the role-playing threads (I'm a longtime D&D 4e player and a hopeful newbie DM). I'm looking forward to meeting everyone around the forums! :smallsmile:

Haley14859
2015-06-24, 08:51 PM
Hi, I've been reading Oots comics for a while and just got into the forums. I hope to talk to others that have enjoyed the comic as much as I have. :)

Vhaelus
2015-06-25, 06:52 AM
Hello all. Been lurking for a few weeks, looked like a nice place so here I am.

Lazloki
2015-06-26, 05:17 PM
Hi folks. I've read OoTS here for years, and at times made use of other content as a DM or player. I decided to sign up today so I can make use of the recruitment section.

Dreamscape
2015-06-26, 08:36 PM
Hey ya'll! Been Reading OotS for a while now and just decided to join today. Well I don't know what to say now so yay for us new members.

Loreseeker
2015-06-27, 12:10 AM
Does having my account but rarely posting... Or, indeed, having forgotten I even HAD one until recently... Count me as new? I feel new, even though the packaging was open....

tsj
2015-06-27, 04:33 PM
Hi, I am a new member and just wanted to say hi to everyone.

Theia
2015-06-27, 08:02 PM
Hi there! I'm Theia. Two of my loves are astronomy and mythology, hence the name. I'm also big into literature, science, and fiction of all forms, so that's a few basic facts about me.

I used to rp here long, long ago in time immemorial, and I've recently felt a strong desire to return to play by post roleplaying. I browsed a few options, but remembering how great the giantitp community had been I don't think I could have made any other choice than making an account here. I've kept up to date on Order of the Stick all these years; it was this webcomic that originally got me interested in D&D, so I have OotS to thank for all the amazing experiences I've had playing and DMing Pathfinder!

I hope to have the chance to meet some cool people and get involved in some fun roleplaying here! I can be a bit shy approaching new groups, so I have my fingers crossed that I'll be able to make the transition quickly and get right to having fun. See you all around! :smallsmile:

MisterDrProf
2015-06-28, 01:01 PM
Huzzah! I am a lurker now more! Now my evil machinations can finally begin anew! MWHAHAHA.

Killer Angel
2015-06-29, 06:17 AM
It seems we have a new wave of playgrounders. :smallbiggrin:

Welcome aboard to: TinyT-Rex, Haley14859 , Vhaelus , Lazloki , Dreamscape, Loreseeker (yes, I've decided to count you as new member :smallwink:), tsj, Theia and MisterDrProf.
Enjoy your stay!

Fatbatman
2015-06-29, 01:29 PM
Hi! Also newly registered today. Long time roleplay, new to forums though.

charlzheimer
2015-06-29, 02:39 PM
registered to the forums.

been sorta lurking for days now....used the red hand of doom handbook here for one of my campaigns.

I have a job at tech support...during free time i was like..ahhh what the heck i'll read order of the stick....

(cuz i'll be honest 900+ pages was intimitading at first)

i'm addicted now...

here i am.

Silhitii
2015-06-30, 12:05 AM
I have been a lurker for about six months since discovering OotS in January, and have finally created an account to further enable my habit of procrastinating on studying by spending lots of time on this website :smallsmile:

Dr_Lovejoy
2015-06-30, 08:41 PM
Hello everyone!
I've been a fan of Giant In the Playground for probably well over 3 years by now, and have followed all of the comics, stories, games, and lurked through the forums for centuries. I'm really happy to finally be a part of it and am excited to explore the play-by-post games, as well as the discussions that occur!
I think that about sums it all up, so hello again, and I hope any other lurkers are encouraged to make an account, too!

Thayer
2015-06-30, 10:46 PM
Hello! Former lurker for over 2 years, now have account

Jadzia Dax
2015-07-02, 04:52 PM
How do you put in a signature?? Please, I'm desperate.

Jadzia Dax
2015-07-02, 05:08 PM
Also:
Hello, Aloha, Bon Giorno, Enchantee, Hola, Konichiwa, Ni Hao, and Greetings Earth creatures!

I found OOTS through a thread on (I have no idea anymore!) discussing what the best superpower was. I personally think mind control/hypnosis whatever, and got directed to 'You're a yellow-footed rock wallaby'. The funny/sad thing was, I started reading from there, found it awesome (obviously), added it to my Favourites. Then sadly, without proper backstory, I lost interest.

But all was not lost!

I got a new computer (my current one), and when I get a new computer I go through favourites to see if anything looks interesting. Guess what I found? OOTS, and I had a good laugh at myself when I realized why I lost interest. I read through the entire thing. Twice. I am now hooked.
After getting used to just being able to click a 'Next' button, I had a real come-down when I finished the existing comic (hence the reading-it-twice thing.
To get my daily fix of OOTS,I tried fanfiction.
That went badly.
I tried other webcomics.
None were as good.
I tried the Giant in the Playground Forums. That went well. So I got an account, and here I am.

Jadzia Dax
2015-07-02, 05:13 PM
Huzzah! I am a lurker no more! Now my evil machinations can finally begin anew! MWHAHAHA.

Not while I am here to stop you.

Sneak attack!
(My bardic boyfriend whispers 'You won initiative, go again)

Oh, ok.
Sneak attack!

You can see who my favourite character is. Just look at my picture. Rogues are awesome. JD out:smallcool:.

Jaxzan Proditor
2015-07-02, 05:14 PM
How do you put in a signature?? Please, I'm desperate.
Welcome, Jadzia!
Scroll up to the top of the page. Click "Settings". On the Settings Page, there will be a tab on the lower left-hand portion of the page with the header "My Settings". From there click "Edit Signature" and you may do so. :smallsmile:

(Also, remember to check out these (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/announcement.php?a=1)) :smallbiggrin:

Jadzia Dax
2015-07-02, 05:39 PM
hello...
you may not know me, but i know you.
look out.
i'm here.

We are not the only ones left.
There is one more.
A necromancer of little reknown.
He means us harm.

End him.

Welcome to the end of the post!

DungeonMaster11
2015-07-02, 06:33 PM
Hey everyone! I am a huge fan of oots and, by randomly exploring the internet, I found this site and thought it would be fun to chat with you all. I also play quite a lot of DND 3.5 edition so the Forums will help a lot if i need help with something

Jadzia Dax
2015-07-02, 07:16 PM
Welcome, Jadzia!
Scroll up to the top of the page. Click "Settings". On the Settings Page, there will be a tab on the lower left-hand portion of the page with the header "My Settings". From there click "Edit Signature" and you may do so. :smallsmile:

(Also, remember to check out these (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/announcement.php?a=1)) :smallbiggrin:
Thanks so much.

Jadzia Dax
2015-07-02, 07:18 PM
Hey everyone! I am a huge fan of oots and, by randomly exploring the internet, I found this site.
But this site is the one with OOTS on it.....

Jadzia Dax
2015-07-02, 07:21 PM
I also play quite a lot of DND 3.5 edition so the Forums will help a lot if i need help with something

Cool. I want to play D&D but parents think 'it'll ruin your sociality blah blah'.
Are there any online games to be found? I've done as much as possible without the kit but the aforementioned parents are refusing to let me get books,dice etc.

LyphenThymes
2015-07-02, 10:34 PM
Hello there all. Pretty new to all of this was hoping that I could find a little friendly guidance getting myself started correctly i.e. creating a character on the 3.5 system and sorting out my old character sheets. It's been almost 10 years since I last played so please be kind.

Kurt Kurageous
2015-07-03, 08:29 AM
I got back into D&D after 25 years of mundane XP. Back then, this was called a BBS, and I dialed in with a 300bps modem on an Apple II+

I knew I would DM, but I didn't want to buy miniatures for the tactical side. Money is to be spent on books/modules/mundane obligations.

Old flat game tokens were ok, but iheartprintandplay.com (IHPnP) was better and light hearted.

My 'miniatures' were compared to OOTS by some players. "OOTS, what's that?" I said. They were right. IHPnP even acknowledges the Creator Burlew, but is not the same.

Found this Sunday night. Spent Monday-Wednesday reading ALL of OOTS. I'm a teacher, this is summer. I have time and tend to obsess a bit... I don't LOL often, but OOTS made me laugh the most I've laughed in a long time. Perhaps the most since Calvin and Hobbes? thank you Creator Burlew.

I joined Thursday, post this today.

Invoke Trivial Lore complete. Casting Improved Insignificance. >>Pwif<<

Kurt Kurageous
2015-07-03, 08:35 AM
Hello there all. Pretty new to all of this was hoping that I could find a little friendly guidance getting myself started correctly i.e. creating a character on the 3.5 system and sorting out my old character sheets. It's been almost 10 years since I last played so please be kind.

Good news/bad news. 3.5 exists, alive and well, but is not the new shiny. That is the 5th edition. 3.5 groups exist, but you should really check out 5e. I have learned enough about 3.5 to know I don't want to know anything more about it, let alone know anything about 4e. I think knowing the rules-centric nature of 4e makes you appreciate 5e, which is more like the AD&D I know but wouldn't go back to.

I was out for 25 years, I know what you are going though. This place has been great (after one day...), seems troll-free. Snideness and sarcasm appears to be the upper limit of incivility, and the normal is seeking to understand instead of seeking to be understood.

Kurt Kurageous
2015-07-03, 08:59 AM
Cool. I want to play D&D but parents think 'it'll ruin your sociality blah blah'.
Are there any online games to be found? I've done as much as possible without the kit but the aforementioned parents are refusing to let me get books,dice etc.

If you wish, show them my post.

I am a 47 year old high school teacher who watches too many of his students spend almost every moment looking at a screen and NOT interacting in socially acceptable ways with their peers. Research is showing that screen time is rewiring kid's brains, and every hour of screen time creates a great social interaction deficit that needs to be filled by real social interactions (not posts in a forum, like this).

DnD is an antidote to screen time. It involves massive amounts of imagination. It also involves quite a bit of close reading (not skimming or scanning) to gather facts in order to solve specific and/or generic problems that are solved in the context of a team. It requires accurate and concise formulation of questions and declarative statements. It involves real conversation in an imaginary setting. You learn to stand up for yourself as you stand up for your in-game persona. Ultimately it's all about creating a story. Every session is effectively a fantasy-writer's workshop.

DnD is the probably the only thing out there that I can recommend in a secular environment to teach a child how to get along with others in a stressful situation (besides team sports or the extinct behavior known as unsupervised play).

This seems important to her. Let her find a group. Take the time to listen to the group play the game. You may have no idea what they are talking about, but watch them collectively tell a story. Then decide if it's right for your daughter. It's no different from when you went to check out the playgroup, the pre-K, the school...

Full disclosure, I have zero financial interest in the publisher. I will benefit in no way from whatever decision you make.

Good luck. If you can, please let me know if I have done Good, Ms. Dax.

-Kurt

LyphenThymes
2015-07-03, 12:33 PM
Good news/bad news. 3.5 exists, alive and well, but is not the new shiny. That is the 5th edition. 3.5 groups exist, but you should really check out 5e. I have learned enough about 3.5 to know I don't want to know anything more about it, let alone know anything about 4e. I think knowing the rules-centric nature of 4e makes you appreciate 5e, which is more like the AD&D I know but wouldn't go back to.

I was out for 25 years, I know what you are going though. This place has been great (after one day...), seems troll-free. Snideness and sarcasm appears to be the upper limit of incivility, and the normal is seeking to understand instead of seeking to be understood.

Thank you much I appreciate the advice and the wisdom and will take it into consideration. 3.5e is where I started with and felt it only right to return there. When I searched 3.5e forums this is the first site that came up. It took a few days but now I'm here. I'm curious to know are there a vast majority of differences between 3.5e compared to 4.0e or 5e? And what are the vital differences? Many thanks.

Dr.Manhattan
2015-07-03, 12:55 PM
Hello! I want to build a character, wanted to get help from a forum, this seemed as a good forums since i have read many posts on here before without an account, so i signed up.

Colonel Kira
2015-07-03, 01:17 PM
Hello, um... I'm new at this. I have been playing D&D with my family for a few months now, and this was next, so here I am. Please go easy on me, seriously, I'm not kidding.:smalleek:

Kurt Kurageous
2015-07-03, 01:25 PM
Thank you much I appreciate the advice and the wisdom and will take it into consideration. 3.5e is where I started with and felt it only right to return there. When I searched 3.5e forums this is the first site that came up. It took a few days but now I'm here. I'm curious to know are there a vast majority of differences between 3.5e compared to 4.0e or 5e? And what are the vital differences? Many thanks.

What I know about 3.5 is from reading OOTS and assuming it reflects the possibilities of the game. Not a scholarly perspective, granted.

I never played 4. I only heard/read about it. Do you remember buying ranks is every conceivable skill, or it taking hours to build a character, or what appeared to be simple fights taking hours to resolve because everyone had more than one action in 3.5? Or people spending more time looking up rules than playing the game? That was all 4e, so I've been told.

5e has almost none of that. People still look stuff up, it just doesn't take as long to figure out the right answer, or so I'm told. People spend time talking to each other, not trying to persuade the DM. And I would never be a 4e DM.

I was able self-tutor to become a 5e DM by buying the books, playing a generic 1st level party vs. a random generated dungeon for 8-12 hours, figuring out the necessary mechanics, making the necessary mistakes, and emerging comfortable. I doubt I would have bothered to learn the optimizations and contours of 4e in that time. I've been told character creation could take hours.

I'm not interested in learning tons of rules and applying/arguing over them in front of a DM judge. If I did, I would be trial lawyer. Anything with that many rules needs to be in a computer program, and I would play Older Scrolls, DankSouls, or Whiled your Lifecraft before I'd set foot in that system. Again, just what I was told, not what I know.

My mentor into the game said 5e is more about the story, theater of the mind, less about the rules and how to break the game. 5e was an apology for 4e, he said.

Apology accepted. I bought their books.

LyphenThymes
2015-07-03, 03:42 PM
What I know about 3.5 is from reading OOTS and assuming it reflects the possibilities of the game. Not a scholarly perspective, granted.

I never played 4. I only heard/read about it. Do you remember buying ranks is every conceivable skill, or it taking hours to build a character, or what appeared to be simple fights taking hours to resolve because everyone had more than one action in 3.5? Or people spending more time looking up rules than playing the game? That was all 4e, so I've been told.

5e has almost none of that. People still look stuff up, it just doesn't take as long to figure out the right answer, or so I'm told. People spend time talking to each other, not trying to persuade the DM. And I would never be a 4e DM.

I was able self-tutor to become a 5e DM by buying the books, playing a generic 1st level party vs. a random generated dungeon for 8-12 hours, figuring out the necessary mechanics, making the necessary mistakes, and emerging comfortable. I doubt I would have bothered to learn the optimizations and contours of 4e in that time. I've been told character creation could take hours.

I'm not interested in learning tons of rules and applying/arguing over them in front of a DM judge. If I did, I would be trial lawyer. Anything with that many rules needs to be in a computer program, and I would play Older Scrolls, DankSouls, or Whiled your Lifecraft before I'd set foot in that system. Again, just what I was told, not what I know.

My mentor into the game said 5e is more about the story, theater of the mind, less about the rules and how to break the game. 5e was an apology for 4e, he said.

Apology accepted. I bought their books.

I figured 3.5 would be a good place to start relearning the basics. Is that a waste of time? Should I just focus on 5e? I really had very little opportunity to play much so I feel like I know nothing. Do people even play 3.5e anymore?

Kurt Kurageous
2015-07-03, 03:52 PM
Do people even play 3.5e anymore?
Absolutely 3.5 is played, so is 4. You can find groups around if you live in a city. But the momentum always moves to the shiny new thing, 5e. At this moment in time it seems that the new thing is improved.

Burpito
2015-07-03, 05:11 PM
Hello, one and all. Long-time forum lurker here, decided just now to stop that and maybe participate in the community a little. Not a huge comic guy, so I haven't really read much of it. My existence is mostly tabletop RPGs, metal, and video games.

If anyone's interested in what kind of RPG experience I have, I've been DMing a sort-of post-apocalyptic Wild West themed Pathfinder campaign (also my first campaign proper) for a few months now, and that's been pretty fun. I've played PrCs since ~2008 or so and decided I'd shake up my buddies with something cool and a little gimmicky, and it's worked out well so far.

catinacan
2015-07-07, 11:10 AM
Now I am here. Where I was, I shall not tell, and where I shall be, I cannot say.

catinacan
2015-07-07, 11:13 AM
I can see why--4e was such a pain in the rear, so 5e is quite the relief for players young and old.

Akumaryuu
2015-07-07, 04:26 PM
Heyo, I joined this board a long while, and I never taken into consideration to say hello. I really friggin' love D&D (especially 3.5) and I wanna one day be a DM for a campaign with some friends of mines. Hope you'll appreciate my presence.

Draconium
2015-07-07, 06:57 PM
Hello. I've been lurking on here for a couple of months, and now I have an account. Just thought I should drop in and say hi to everyone!

Killer Angel
2015-07-08, 06:07 AM
Welcome aboard to all our newcomers.
Burpito, catinacan , Akumaryuu and Draconium , enjoy your Welcome Group Hug! :smallsmile:

Seleh
2015-07-08, 01:06 PM
hey all, new to this forum, and new to 5e. played previous versions and here will be a big help on making my characters great!

Blamush
2015-07-08, 02:10 PM
Hello fellow forum goers,
I was a Lurker for many a year, but no more.
I hope to become a good member of this wonderful community.

K7Sniper
2015-07-08, 04:20 PM
Hello! I'm yet another new person!

PontificatusRex
2015-07-08, 10:19 PM
Greetings all!

I also have lurked around for a long time, and have not joined before because I have a tendency to go on rather a bit when on the internets. But, what the heck. I shall look forward to discussing this and that with you.

Skijarama
2015-07-10, 12:07 AM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH!!!!!!!

Now that I have your attention, allow me to introduce my sorry backside. I am Skijarama. If you go by my youtube page, slap a 'z' on the end for Skijaramaz(Bit of a hiccup during account creation. >.<). I go by a few nicknames; My preferred one is SJ, but you can still get my attention with Skij or Skiji.

Other details about me: My paranoia is too strong to enable my posting those. Sufficed to say, I'm a nice enough guy who can snark sometimes and has a whacky sense of humor (As is evident by by first line at the top there.)

Also, I've been lurking in home brew design for a long while now.

Bippwatt
2015-07-11, 12:43 PM
*peeks around corner*

Ah-ha! Found you all!

Hello! I am Bippwatt, recent addition to the family.

...I guess I'll see you all around.

*walks away.*

Well, that was mildly awkward.

sudduth2010
2015-07-12, 03:35 PM
So I'm back. I couldn't remember my username and password. But then again, it has been more than 5 years. Decided to come back since I remember this place being a pretty good forum as far as forums go. That and I need some help with a system that I made recently. Gonna post that in the HomeBrew forum soon enough.

lazygm
2015-07-13, 04:53 AM
Hello everybody

Long time reader of the comic, part-time lurker of the forum.

Just registered to try to get some pbp gaming going. An early and short vacation has passed and now great boredom at work has reduced productivity and inspiration. If I can get some gaming in, I figure that might change.

Anyway just wanted to say hi!

Killer Angel
2015-07-13, 06:02 AM
...and here I am again, to say HELLO to our new members.

Welcome aboard to Seleh , Blamush, K7Sniper, PontificatusRex , Skijarama, Bippwatt, sudduth2010 and lazygm.

Enjoy your stay! :smallsmile:

Revengeance
2015-07-13, 04:54 PM
Hello, I have been lurking and finally got an account so am just dropping by to say hi.

Rensalorath
2015-07-13, 05:56 PM
Hello. I am new to the forums here. I play a 3.5 game with my friends. Many times, looking for answers with google, I found many helpful answers on here. So, when I had a question I couldn't seem to answer, I naturally joined. Thanks to those who provided answers.

I look forward to more helpful exchanges!

Jadzia Dax
2015-07-13, 05:58 PM
If you wish, show them my post.

I am a 47 year old high school teacher who watches too many of his students spend almost every moment looking at a screen and NOT interacting in socially acceptable ways with their peers. Research is showing that screen time is rewiring kid's brains, and every hour of screen time creates a great social interaction deficit that needs to be filled by real social interactions (not posts in a forum, like this).

DnD is an antidote to screen time. It involves massive amounts of imagination. It also involves quite a bit of close reading (not skimming or scanning) to gather facts in order to solve specific and/or generic problems that are solved in the context of a team. It requires accurate and concise formulation of questions and declarative statements. It involves real conversation in an imaginary setting. You learn to stand up for yourself as you stand up for your in-game persona. Ultimately it's all about creating a story. Every session is effectively a fantasy-writer's workshop.

DnD is the probably the only thing out there that I can recommend in a secular environment to teach a child how to get along with others in a stressful situation (besides team sports or the extinct behavior known as unsupervised play).

This seems important to her. Let her find a group. Take the time to listen to the group play the game. You may have no idea what they are talking about, but watch them collectively tell a story. Then decide if it's right for your daughter. It's no different from when you went to check out the playgroup, the pre-K, the school...

Full disclosure, I have zero financial interest in the publisher. I will benefit in no way from whatever decision you make.

Good luck. If you can, please let me know if I have done Good, Ms. Dax.

-Kurt
That's great, thanks. However my parents think that social media is 'unsocial'. They don't know I have this account. But still, thank you. Your arguments are pretty good, do you run the debating team or something? English teacher?

Rensalorath
2015-07-13, 06:15 PM
Hello, I am a new member here. Many times in the past, when I used Google to find gaming answers, I was directed here. I was pleased to find so many helpful answers and good natured posts. So, when I couldn't find what I was looking for, naturally I joined.

Thank you guys for your helpful answers and I look forward to many more pleasant exchanges.

T'ehk
2015-07-14, 12:19 PM
Brand newbie here , love the site lots of input and useful ideas. 5e is my first time playing and I'm hooked. I'm playing a lvl 5 wood elf arctic ranger beast master with a snow leopard and longbow. My favored enemy at this point are Giants and my favored terrain is arctic (I made this character with no knowledge of Dritzz). Looking fwd to getting into some of these forums.

BETOXICO
2015-07-15, 10:58 AM
HELLO THERE!!

I'M NEW HERE! LOVE TO TALK ABOUT RPG AND STUFF!!

EVEN WORKING I'M ALWAYS THINKING IN WEIRD FANTASY GAMES, ORKS, WARRIORS AND THINGS ALIKE.:biggrin:

SALUDOS FROM CHILE!!:wink:

Oerlaf
2015-07-15, 01:00 PM
Hello, everybody! I've been watching this site for half a year already and finally I have decided to register.

FlumphPaladin
2015-07-16, 12:52 PM
Felicitations! Long-time reader and lurker, first-time poster, at your service!

techsamurai5000
2015-07-17, 03:53 PM
Hello! New guy here. Just stumbled across this page last week and have been engrossed ever since. Just started my first 5e game, so I've been poking around here for some advice. I played a LOT of 3e and 3.5e, but I totally skipped 4e. It's been several years so I'm pretty rusty on all the rules and now they're all different! :smalleek:

Pangolin
2015-07-17, 10:31 PM
Hi everybody!

Killer Angel
2015-07-18, 03:06 AM
Pangolins are cute! so welcome aboard to you! :smallsmile:

and while we're here, welcome to all the other newcomers: Revengeance, Rensalorath, T'ehk, BETOXICO, Oerlaf, FlumphPaladin and techsamurai5000. See you around!

BoardPep
2015-07-19, 05:56 PM
Hello! My name is Pep.

I'm a long time lurker and first time poster. Created my account last night finally, after hanging around the site for years.

Very into D&D, so expect to see me in around those boards.

GenghisJon
2015-07-19, 07:48 PM
Hi! I've been reading the OOTS comic for a while and recently i've been getting a bit interested in D&D and other sort of games and i thought now might be a good time to join a form!

Knewred
2015-07-20, 10:09 AM
After stalking these forums for the last few weeks like a lost puppy, I've finally got an account. So that's a thing now, I guess. Hey there, all!

IronicGentleman
2015-07-21, 11:52 AM
4-month lurker here, finally with an account. Just thought I'd drop in and say hi!

Unbodied
2015-07-21, 12:05 PM
Hello. Another new guy speaking. I've enjoyed The Order of the Stick for a long time now but only recently started playing tabletop games myself.

Red Wizard
2015-07-21, 02:46 PM
Hey everyone, I'm new.

FUBARroflcopter
2015-07-21, 07:07 PM
Heyyy, I'm FUBARroflcopter! I've been going to this site for a lot of Dnd 3.5 insight and build knowledge. This site has turned me into a very skilled player in a relatively short year and a half. So, I would liek to thank everyone on this site first and foremost! Thanks!

I actually made the commitment to sign onto the sight after starting to create my own monsters that are being translated from other games into Dnd 3.5, so my first order of business will be, you got it, insight and advise on what I've got so far!

Thanks ahead of time to those on this sight, I've got high hopes now that I'm a part of the community! :D

Killer Angel
2015-07-22, 04:12 PM
WELCOME HUG for BoardPep , GenghisJon, Knewred , Hari654 , IronicGentleman , Unbodied , Red Wizard and FUBARroflcopter !

If you have any question about the Playground, don't be afraid to ask. :smallwink:

Yogesh789
2015-07-23, 04:13 AM
Hii i am new to this forum, which is your favourite comic book

Best Orthodontist in Delhi (http://aroradentistindelhi.in/orthodontic-treatment.php)
Best Teeth Whitening in Delhi (http://aroradentistindelhi.in/cosmetic-dentistry.php)

Jeran Korak
2015-07-23, 10:34 AM
Hello everyone. I've actually been a minor lurker on these forums for several years, but only just now decided to take the plunge and actually make an account. This is mostly because a lot of the communities I've previously been a part of are by now very, very old and have lost a lot of their original flame.

I've been a D&D 3.5 Edition fan for a good six or seven years by now. I recently started branching out into Pathfinder, and from there to other systems like Anima: Beyond Fantasy (though to be honest, I've yet to play a decent game of it). I'm also a fan of roleplaying in general, either in play-by-post games or via Instant Messaging. It's good to see that these activities are supported here, in such a lively and energetic community.

Missfortune
2015-07-23, 01:46 PM
Hello there, I signed up here a while back because I immensely enjoy the handbooks posted here and have commented sparingly in the past on different topics but really haven't delved deeper than that. I'm running a pathfinder game for the first time and wanted to bounce my ideas off people here, but am not sure where the best place to do that is. I figure if I'm not posting on the Piazo board then my players will have less of a chance to see the help I'm asking for :) If someone can point me to a good sub-forum to do that in, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Askorn
2015-07-24, 08:46 AM
Hello. I've been reading on this forum for quite a while but now I decided to register.
This forum has already helped me a lot understanding D&D.

Beriorn
2015-07-24, 08:47 AM
Signed up nearly a decade ago. Might as well actually start to use the board at this point.

Dreadfull
2015-07-24, 12:26 PM
Hi everyone! I'm Dreadfull.

Been lurkin in thse parts for years and the playground is my main resource for questions, ideas and the likes.

Have been an on and off again DM and player for years in the 3.5 system and currently started playing in a 4e campaign. Some things happen there and i turned into the DM and dont really wanna a run a campaign in 4e. 5 looks promissing though. Im gonna need some help converting stuff and that is why i eventually decided to sign up and take my playground experience to the next level :D

I look forward to actually taking part in the playground so lets get to it.

* You'll have to excuse typos and such as im making this post on my phone.

FreakyRiecky
2015-07-25, 07:35 PM
Hey all! I'm extremely new around these parts, I found the order of the stick via rule checking on the 1d4chan wiki a few weeks ago. I loved the comics so much that I've read every available one in the short couple weeks I've been here. I made this account today actually.

I'm a player of 3.5 edition DnD and I'm making my first real attempt at DMing this Friday (I made one dungeon on the spot when a bunch of our friends canceled to kill time but that was it.

Anyway it's nice to meet all of you!

Eighthling
2015-07-25, 09:43 PM
I've been lurking with an account (and occasionally posting) for ~year now, and read the forum occasionally before that. But I'm probably going be more active now so hello!

Xailiax
2015-07-26, 09:24 PM
Greetings all! My name is Xailiax, my friends call me X. :)

Killer Angel
2015-07-27, 06:07 AM
A warm welcome to you non-spammy users! :smallwink:

Hugs to Jeran Korak , Missfortune , Askorn, Beriorn (you're not a hasty person, it seems... :smalltongue:), Dreadfull , FreakyRiecky , Eighthling and Xailiax.
Enjoy your stay!

thedesertwolf
2015-07-28, 12:28 AM
Greetings, Hello, Salutations and other things.

Thought I'd stop in and make an account with utterly zero promises of doing anything productive today! I've perused the forums on several occasions before but never actively posted. That trend may or may not hold after this post, frankly absolutely horrendous with forums and any activity related to them.

atypical
2015-07-28, 10:20 AM
First post! Hello!

ildfonger
2015-07-30, 08:12 AM
Hello i love Pathfinder

Fire 5000
2015-07-30, 12:06 PM
Hi, everybody!

So great to be here.

Shouryuu
2015-07-31, 08:23 AM
Hiya everyone!
Long time lurker here. Just decided to register.

Grotd
2015-07-31, 09:50 AM
Hi everybody! I just joined and figured I'd post here. I'm a huge fan of the comic and am glad to be here!

fire2drag1
2015-07-31, 11:28 AM
Hello everyone!

I'm a fan of the comic, and a brand-new DM, so I figured I'd be a good idea to join this forum :smallsmile:

Killer Angel
2015-08-02, 01:41 AM
It appears no one (other then me) gives welcome hugs to newcomers... :smallfrown:
Inconceivable!

So welcome aboard to thedesertwolf, atypical, ildfonger , Fire 5000, Shouryuu , Grotd and fire2drag1.
FOr any doubt about the playground, feel free to ask. :smallsmile:

Sabot Cat
2015-08-05, 11:41 AM
I've been reading the comic for a long time, so I decided to join the forum. Hi all! :smallsmile:

SirKazum
2015-08-05, 01:42 PM
I've been reading the comic for a long time, so I decided to join the forum. Hi all! :smallsmile:

Hello there Sabot Cat! I'm checking in here because your name made me curious... you're not here to sabotage our forum, are you? :smalleek:

Sabot Cat
2015-08-05, 10:31 PM
Hello there Sabot Cat! I'm checking in here because your name made me curious... you're not here to sabotage our forum, are you? :smalleek:

Not as far as I know. :smallwink:

Hyper-Man
2015-08-06, 12:37 AM
Hi there.

Just checking out what this cool looking site has to offer.

HM

Cancakes
2015-08-06, 12:55 AM
Greetings, I decided to join this website for it's grand D&D theme. That's really it. I was referred here by the men who got me into D&D in the first place

Emmerin
2015-08-06, 07:49 AM
Greetings All, I'm new to 5th edition, but old to gaming, I look forward to reading informational posts on subjects I need help with.

AsHuRe
2015-08-06, 08:36 AM
Hello everyone :) been lurking for a while

Killer Angel
2015-08-08, 04:47 AM
Welcome hug to Hyper-Man, Cancakes , Emmerin and AsHuRe.

Hope you will become "addicted" of the Playground! :smallsmile:

coalmaine
2015-08-10, 12:30 AM
Hi all

I have been a long time fan of the OTS comic. Recently i began playign D&D so now Im actually reading the boards some.

Kekoa
2015-08-10, 11:42 AM
Hello Playground.

Aeris
2015-08-13, 11:52 AM
Hi, kinda new here. I used to browse this forum for all of the home brew stuff now I thought I should contribute. I love D&D and Pathfinder. Been a player and a DM for a looooong time.

Narmoth
2015-08-13, 02:12 PM
Not really new (joined in 2006) but have been away for maybe 2 years now, thought it was time to check in again. Not really going to participate as much as before due to being a lot more busy now, but hope to be able to part take in some discussions at least

Karl, the Cera
2015-08-14, 05:58 AM
Hello. Salutations and all that. Uh, tis I! Karl, the Micheal Cera impersonator. I can explain.

Jokey, quirky intros aside, I've kinda sorta skirted around this forum for a little while now. This has been mainly due to the fact that I'm just not very active in the D&D style community. Don't get me wrong, I love the game and play whenever I get a chance I just... don't get a chance very often. I figured that if I can't really get very active in my area, then I might as well try online. So I joined up with roll20, but that sort of fell out because I didn't know anyone on there. Plus it was a format I wasn't very used to, so here I am on a forum which I'm fairly familiar with, hoping to get a bit more active in the community as a whole.

I've used a couple of the homebrews on here in the scattered campaigns I've been a part of, namely the skeleton race someone made and the Elder Evil Epigone class someone else made (God I love that homebrew so much, I want it for every campaign I'm a part of).

So yeah... hi and stuff. Now, I need to go see about getting one of those sweet stick figure avatars. It's basically about 50% of the reason I joined up here was to get one of those in the first place.

Scarlet
2015-08-15, 08:58 PM
Hi! I'm Scarlet, and it's a pleasure to be here! :smallsmile:

Thorongil
2015-08-15, 10:14 PM
Hello all, I've been lurking for a while, and thought it high time I join the community formally!

- awkwardly whacks head on the doorframe as he exits the thread -

skellig
2015-08-16, 04:25 PM
Hello there!

This is Skellig the Red Wizard of Whoop your ***!

I enjoy all of the RPGs.... all of them.... all...

Favorite right now is either Pathfinder or 5.0e.

Rogue_Expat
2015-08-16, 06:25 PM
Hello, people!

As a semi-long time reader of OotS and an occasional lurker on this very forum, I thought I might as well make an account.

I play mostly 5e right now, and also really enjoy worldbuilding.

Halfwing
2015-08-17, 03:44 PM
So, I've never actually played D&D (had plans to with some friends a year or more ago, but it never panned out), but somebody posted a link to this webcomic and I devoured every strip within a week. Now it makes me want to start adventuring. :elan:

McKenzieSerenit
2015-08-18, 01:10 PM
Hi all! My name is McKenzie and I'm an addict. I grew up playing D&D with my father and have fallen in love with 3.5 and Pathfinders, but have dabbled in other games like Vampire, In Nomine, Call of Cthulhu, etc. I am very big on backstory and prefer spellcasters. I like to play creatively (I once killed a Zombie wearing a wedding dress using Spark) and try to utilize my surroundings to maximize my abilities.

Killer Angel
2015-08-19, 06:47 AM
A warm hug to our new members: coalmaine; Kekoa; Aeris; Karl, the Cera; Scarlet; Thorongil; skellig; Rogue_Expat; Halfwing; McKenzieSerenit.

BTW, McKenzie:

Hi all! My name is McKenzie and I'm an addict.

I believe it's appropriate to quote myself:

Hope you will become "addicted" of the Playground! :smallsmile:

so... welcome aboard to all of you!

Bolton
2015-08-19, 08:41 AM
Hi there! Took me some time to decide whether to sign up or not, but well, here I am. Seems like there is already quite a big international community at this forum, so I'm probably not impressing anyone with saying that I'm from Germany. I hope that I don't come off as rude, but this being the internet, this snippet of personal data has to suffice for an introduction, I guess (not that it would be hard to find out more, anyway).
Looking forward to interesting discussions about everybody's favourite comic. :smallsmile:

Marp
2015-08-21, 07:31 AM
Hello everybody! I discovered OotS in 2008 (one of the best things that ever happened to me on the Internet) and have been following the comic and lurking on the accompanying forum ever since then. I have always liked this community and enjoyed reading the well-mannered discussions, wild speculations and all the little details of this excellent story.

I decided it's finally time to make an account here and so here I am, and I am looking forward to joining the discussions and exploring other parts of the Playground! :)