PDA

View Full Version : Pimp my rogue/warlock multiclass

krimzee2gb
2015-04-03, 07:24 PM
I am looking for an awesome build for a human rogue warlock with 3 levels into rogue and 4 into warlock. I mostly need advice on what feats would be good to take for optimal damage. However I want to still be a sneaky rogue so some feats I've though about are improved faint, craven , and staggering strike. Also need advice for good invocations. So far I've liked darkness, devils sight, and hideous blow. Also need cool items and armor. Ready.....set......GO!!!! and thanks :)

Glimbur
2015-04-03, 07:45 PM
Hideous Blow is... not very good. It's a standard action to make a normal weapon attack which also adds your Eldritch Blast damage. You're at about 4ish BAB now, but in a few levels you'll get an iterative attack. Hideous Blow, on the other hand, is just one attack. Alternately, you can make a regular Eldritch Blast which is a ranged touch attack. Ranged is nice to keep your lightly-armored self away from melee, and touch attacks are much more reliable than weapon attacks.

Darkness + Devil's Sight is a decent way to set-up for a rogue. I would guess that there are feats to make it even better, possibly in Drow of the Underdark or a book like that. Google up a guide.

Improved Feint is kind of terrible for similar reasons as Hideous Blow: it requires melee and you'll need to stand next to people to use it. Much better to save the feat(s, it also would require Combat Expertise) for, say, Mortalbane which is a daily pool of +d6 you can add to your eldritch blast damage. I forget the book, Exemplars of Evil or something though I don't think there are any special requirements to use it.

What do you see your character doing, both in combat and out?

Troacctid
2015-04-03, 07:48 PM
Rogue 3/Warlock 4 is not a very good split. Something like Rogue 1/Warlock 4/Assassin 1/Unseen Seer 1, continuing on with Unseen Seer after that, would make more sense. It gives you more sneak attack dice and more Warlock casting.

For feats, you will probably be interested in Blend into Darkness, which lets you hide in plain sight, and Darkstalker, which lets you hide even against creatures with enhanced senses like scent and blindsense. (Both are from Drow of the Underdark.) Able Learner may be a necessary evil in order to keep your Rogue class skills through your Warlock levels. Obtain Familiar is very good on a skill monkey, since the familiar can aid you for a +2 bonus on your skill rolls, or make its own separate check using your skill ranks (effectively letting you roll twice and take the better result); also, by sharing your Use Magic Device ranks, the familiar can use wands, which is great, since they can flat-foot your enemies with grease or negate concealment with faerie fire--both excellent for enabling your sneak attacks.

Hideous blow is terrible. Don't take it. Just stick to ranged attacks.

Zaq
2015-04-04, 10:49 AM
Rogue 3/Warlock 4 is not a very good split. Something like Rogue 1/Warlock 4/Assassin 1/Unseen Seer 1, continuing on with Unseen Seer after that, would make more sense. It gives you more sneak attack dice and more Warlock casting.

For feats, you will probably be interested in Blend into Darkness, which lets you hide in plain sight, and Darkstalker, which lets you hide even against creatures with enhanced senses like scent and blindsense. (Both are from Drow of the Underdark.) Able Learner may be a necessary evil in order to keep your Rogue class skills through your Warlock levels. Obtain Familiar is very good on a skill monkey, since the familiar can aid you for a +2 bonus on your skill rolls, or make its own separate check using your skill ranks (effectively letting you roll twice and take the better result); also, by sharing your Use Magic Device ranks, the familiar can use wands, which is great, since they can flat-foot your enemies with grease or negate concealment with faerie fire--both excellent for enabling your sneak attacks.

Hideous blow is terrible. Don't take it. Just stick to ranged attacks.

I agree with most of this, but Darkstalker is in Lords of Madness, not Drow of the Underdark.

Still a top-notch feat that most Rogues should take, of course, but let's not confuse anyone.

BowStreetRunner
2015-04-04, 01:54 PM
Keep Uncanny Trickster in mind as a way to get some of your Warlock levels without sacrificing too many skill points.