PDA

View Full Version : Geek and Sundry: Critical Role, Homebrew Gunslinger! Help me find it!

Wolfsraine
2015-04-03, 11:20 PM
So Matt Mercer tweeted out a homebrew archetype for fighter, the gunslinger. However, I cannot seem to find it anywhere, I don't really use twitter so my searching skills suck donkey balls! I was hoping one of you wonderful people could help dig it up! Really interested to see it!

ChubbyRain
2015-04-03, 11:55 PM
So Matt Mercer tweeted out a homebrew archetype for fighter, the gunslinger. However, I cannot seem to find it anywhere, I don't really use twitter so my searching skills suck donkey balls! I was hoping one of you wonderful people could help dig it up! Really interested to see it!

What's his twitter handle?

Wolfsraine
2015-04-03, 11:55 PM
What's his twitter handle?

Matthew Mercer (@matthewmercer) | Twitter

ChubbyRain
2015-04-03, 11:58 PM
Check out @matthewmercer's Tweet: https://twitter.com/matthewmercer/status/583061437905436672?s=09

This should link you to the tweet. The gunslinger is in his Dropbox.

Edit

First glance it looks pretty good, hell of a lot better than the BM and I could see this being turned into a archetype that uses other weapons.

Level 10 feature would work good.

Wolfsraine
2015-04-04, 12:05 AM
Awesome! Thanks!

Kane0
2015-04-04, 01:52 AM
Ooh neat, that could be adapted to be a good kensai type subclass

Theodoxus
2015-04-04, 05:58 AM
Couple problems, but easily fixed - as it's a diluted but straight rip from PF. The save DCs need to be converted correctly, and as written it's woefully MAD (Dex to hit, Str to damage with Grit, Wis for grit, Con because Con); I'm not sure I'd play it, and Gunslinger was a favored class of mine.

ChubbyRain
2015-04-11, 03:41 PM
Ooh neat, that could be adapted to be a good kensai type subclass

Yeah, pretty much any sort of fantasy martial could use this as a base.

A friend of mine wants to use it as an Ali inspired Boxer (he is compiling and updating insults lol) who uses gauntlets as boxing gloves.

I also see good potential for a 4e style warlord. Hell, this could be adapted into a psionic type fighter.

The core fighter is really... Meh.