PDA

View Full Version : Would You Rather?

Trevortni
2015-04-04, 01:17 PM
TPAY has asked you a question. Select which of the provided options you would prefer, then provide a dilemma for TPBY: Would you rather do option A or option B?

The options can be either good or bad things to choose from, though mixing the two probably won't be as interesting. You can provide more than two options if you have a list of related ideas, but two will most likely be best in most cases.

I'll get it started:

TPBM, would you rather....
a) age backwards
b) know the moment of your death

Inevitability
2015-04-05, 03:32 AM
Know the moment of my death. If the universe assumes that knowledge about the future can change that future, it is worthless knowledge. If the universe doesn't assume that, I got a free pass to doing reckless things the rest of my life.

Would you rather grow a second head that argues with you all the time, or a second head hopelessly in love with you?

Torzini
2015-04-14, 02:44 PM
Both would be really weird, but the first one would get old fast... I'll go with the second head hopelessly in love with me, I guess.

TBPM: would you rather eat a gigantic pile of live spiders, or starve to death?

Gnomish Wanderer
2015-04-14, 09:12 PM
Spiders, easy, as long as they weren't poisonous, in which case, I'm dead either way so might as well starve.

Would you rather steal a dollar from a hundred poor people or a hundred dollars from one rich person?

Trevortni
2015-04-15, 09:50 AM
If I'm being forced to steal, I'd rather take it from one person who will have more where that came from.

Would You Rather get beaten to a pulp with a baseball bat or get a papercut on your eyeball?

ezkajii
2015-04-15, 11:47 AM
That's a tough one. I think i'd take the beating - honestly full-body pain would probably be easier to live with than the irritation/pain in your eye. Plus you'd have something legitimate that people would feel sorry for you for. Heck, maybe i'd get time off work!

Would you rather fall for a 'free cruise' scam and have it actually work out or fall for a 'nigerian prince' scam and have it work out (i.e. free cruise vs. free money, but either way you'll get ridiculed for falling for it in the first place)?

Eloel
2015-04-15, 01:24 PM
Would you rather fall for a 'free cruise' scam and have it actually work out or fall for a 'nigerian prince' scam and have it work out (i.e. free cruise vs. free money, but either way you'll get ridiculed for falling for it in the first place)?

Free money. Free cruise sounds dangerously kidnap-prone.

Would you rather eat your favorite cuisine, always, or never eat it again?

Gnomish Wanderer
2015-04-16, 12:42 AM
There's too much to try to say always, unfortunately.

Would you rather be able to move impossibly fast without thinking fast or think impossibly fast without moving fast?

Inevitability
2015-04-16, 12:12 PM
Think impossibly fast. I feel like I should act less rashly sometimes.

Would you rather talk like Yoda, or breathe like Darth Vader?

ZidIles
2015-04-16, 12:40 PM
talk like Yoda

would you rather burn to death or freeze to death?
not the most original, i know

ezkajii
2015-04-16, 01:01 PM
Definitely freeze to death. When you get really cold you just kinda start getting sleepy, and then die in your sleep. Way more peaceful.

Would you rather be banned from this forum for one year, or only be able to access this forum (and not use any other part of the internet) for one year?

Targ Collective
2015-04-18, 05:26 PM
I would like to point out that discussing bans is against the forum rules... Which is probably why this got blocked. I'll choose a new topic.

Would you rather eat a nourishing meal, or drink a nourishing smoothie?

In either case assume it is something you're not allergic to and can be savoury, sweet or a combination of both.

Trevortni
2015-04-18, 06:25 PM
I think the meal would have the greater psychological component of fullness; therefore that.

You have just won a million theoretical dollars! Would You Rather have that in a lump sum, or a 30 year annuity?

Dr.Orpheus
2015-04-19, 03:47 AM
I would take the annuity sense I don't forsee any particularly expensive payments in the neer future.

Would you rather live free of hygiene and not have filth effect your health and social standing or live free of discipline and never feel guilty or be judged by others for your vices.

Lex-Kat
2015-05-14, 02:42 PM
Free of Hygiene? Living Guilt Free sounds like a sociopath, and they are scary to me, even if not all of them are killers.

Would you rather:

Go to dinner with Katy Perry

or

Go to dinner with Miley Cyrus

Trevortni
2015-05-15, 12:22 AM
I think Miley would be more interesting, to get to know her a bit and find out a little about why she went off the deep end. It's pretty much obvious why Katy Perry's always been off the deep end: fame; but Miley already had that.

Would You Rather live in Discworld, or Middle Earth?

Inevitability
2015-05-15, 03:28 AM
Discworld. I like wackiness. Low-fantasy worlds of moral absolutes and racist undertones, not so much. Not to mention that 99% of Middle Earth is just 'medieval Europe, except with quirky races'.

Would you rather be blind, or be deaf?

Twelvetrees
2015-05-15, 10:46 AM
Deaf. Sight is relied upon more.

Would you rather be able to teleport or be able to fly?

goto124
2015-05-19, 10:54 PM
Teleport. Flying is lame, and teleport is faster and more reliable.

Would you rather be a paladin or a cleric?

thirsting
2015-05-20, 04:05 AM
Neither! But if I had to choose, I'd rather be cleric. Likely much more laid back rules, and likely much easier to stay out of trouble. (and level 1 forever)

Would you rather be close friends with dr Bruce Banner, or with dr Otto Octavius?

Lex-Kat
2015-05-20, 09:32 AM
Dr. Bruce Banner. Doc Ock was perpetually insane, whereas you only have to not get Bruce angry and you have a perfectly rational friend to talk to.

Would you rather have perpetual dry mouth, or really bad breath.

Targ Collective
2015-05-20, 11:59 AM
This is an easy one. Bad breath just means you don't get to kiss; and I've never been much of a fan of kissing anyway. Dry mouth - taken literally - could be a major hazard to your health.

What would you rather, Discworld fans: Lunch with Mustrum Ridcully, or a long theoretical magic discussion with Ponder Stibbons?