PDA

View Full Version : 9 HD Wildshape Options

Fax Celestis
2007-04-13, 12:58 PM
So in a build I'm working on, it includes 9 levels of Druid, which means I can Wild Shape 3/day into a Small, Medium, or Large Animal of 9 HD or less. What's my best option?

I'm willing to spend a feat or two to be able to Wild Shape into other types, but I really need just one form--preferably one with a lot of natural attacks, and who has a generally "natural" form (that is, has a head, arms, legs, body, etc.), otherwise, my Incarnum bits won't work right.

Options?

Bears With Lasers
2007-04-13, 01:00 PM
Dire Lion. 25 STR, Pounce, Rake.

Edit: alternatively, a Megaraptor. More attacks, less STR.

Fax Celestis
2007-04-13, 01:01 PM
Well, I don't need Pounce, as I get it from another source. I don't know if that changes anything. Rake is good, though...though honestly, with the build in question, I think Rending would be better.

It's too bad I can't turn into a Girallon.

silentknight
2007-04-13, 01:08 PM
How about dire ape? A druid character in our game wildshaped into a dire ape and, combined with his dire ape animal companion, they used the ape's Rend to devastating effect!

Amiria
2007-04-13, 01:09 PM
Bloodstriker Dinosaur (MM3) ? Only one attack but Powerful charge, acid (both offensive and defensive) and defensive spikes.

Tehnar
2007-04-14, 03:56 AM
How about a fleshraker dinosaur (MM3). Great speed, armor, and racial bonuses to jump and hide. Not too great of a attacker though (at least not on that lvl).

If you want plant creatures, try the Enhance wild shape spell from spell compendium. Though the spell is kind of broken, your DM might not allow it.

deadseashoals
2007-04-14, 04:23 AM
You could take the Aberrant Blood and Aberration Wild Shape feats from Lords of Madness. Aberrations will often have more attacks than any animal would, but at the cost of strength (attack bonus) and of course, a "natural" form. The most I attacks I can think of would be the Rukanyr from the Fiend Folio... Within the HD cap, 10 natural attacks. I'll leave it to you to determine whether or not the body is "natural" enough :-)

http://wizards.com/dnd/images/ff_gallery/50150.jpg

Ninja Chocobo
2007-04-14, 06:34 AM
Natural? It's made out of a tree!
But, then again, so is a table.

Fax Celestis
2007-04-14, 11:53 AM
You could take the Aberrant Blood and Aberration Wild Shape feats from Lords of Madness. Aberrations will often have more attacks than any animal would, but at the cost of strength (attack bonus) and of course, a "natural" form. The most I attacks I can think of would be the Rukanyr from the Fiend Folio... Within the HD cap, 10 natural attacks. I'll leave it to you to determine whether or not the body is "natural" enough :-)

http://wizards.com/dnd/images/ff_gallery/50150.jpg

Holy crap we might have a winner.

Annarrkkii
2007-04-14, 09:49 PM
Giant Octopus. 3 levels more and Giant Squid is good too.