PDA

View Full Version : TPAY/TPBY Playgrounder Accelerator: For Science!!!!

Trevortni
2015-04-05, 05:13 PM
It's a catastrophe!

After an ill-advised turn of a silly conversation (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?407132-Count-to-50-Ponies-vs-Non-Ponies-XLI-Apparently-Woodzy-Did-Provide-A-Name/page3&p=19063318#post19063318), Playgrounders have broken into a particle accelerator and have run amok.

We are now taking turns strapping into opposite ends of the accelerator and waiting for the person below us to hit the button and see what happens when we collide with the person above us at relativistic speeds! Will we generate a black hole that eats the entire Earth? Will we open a portal to the Nether? Will someone have to run around his job with laryngitis and a crowbar? Only TPBY knows!

Hold onto your Higgs Bosons, people, because the Playgrounder Accelerator is a go!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I hit the button and nothing collides with nobody at .999975c. Physics happens, and when the math settles, we see a brand-new forum game!

Zaydos
2015-04-05, 05:45 PM
I hit the button and Fluttershy Trevortni and the White Space collides creating white absence ponies. Oh my.

Woodzyowl
2015-04-05, 06:42 PM
I hit the button and Zaydos and Trevortni collide, producing a Peanut Ponylich called Zaydortni.

BasketOfPuppies
2015-04-05, 09:59 PM
I spam the button and Woodzyowl and Zaydos merge, forming a dragon with four wings and an owl head.

Trevortni
2015-04-06, 11:09 AM
I accidentally back into the button, sending a WoodzyOwl careening into a BasketOfPuppies at .75 Ludicrous Speed. When I peek into the test chamber, I see that all the puppies were thrown clear of the basket, and Woodzy is nowhere to be seen. As I right the basket, a donut falls out. What in the - ? Oh well. I eat the donut, and take my place in the accelerator.

Inevitability
2015-04-06, 12:41 PM
I mash the button and BasketOfPuppies collides with Trevortni! Their pony-nesses cancel each other out, resulting in an empty basket that apparently is a pony now.

Zaydos
2015-04-06, 12:49 PM
I take a very, very, very long pole and use it to poke the button as far away from it as I possibly could be. I mean the pole is the whole circumference of the... The button is right behind me, isn't it?

Regardless I poke the button initiating the machine sending Dire Stirge hurtling into Trevortni smashing them together creating a burst of sparks and... Equistirges! Quadrupedal, rideable, flying bug-like bloodsuckers! Oh god their hungry!

Woodzyowl
2015-04-06, 05:12 PM
Gadzooks! I race to the button and slam it with my palm, causing a collision between Zaydos and Dire Stirge!

When the dust clears, there stands a vampiric peanut!

Trevortni
2015-04-06, 05:21 PM
A button press! A flash of light - and science!

When the special effect overlays of mathematical symbols despawn, forsooth! 'Tis Woodz Dos, an Operating System designed by owls, for peanuts!

Eldan
2015-04-07, 12:55 PM
Oh, this thread was made for me.

Behold as I press this button to show them, show them all! None can stop me as I merge Woodzyowl and Trevortni, creating the dire... hm. Powly? Nah. HOWL! YES! Fear it's stealthy flight and terrible hooves! MWAHAHA NOTHING CAN STOP ME NOW!

Zaydos
2015-04-07, 12:59 PM
Except me touching this button and launching you into Trevortni, can't allow mad science rivals now can I?

And when the smoke clears beholds... The Pony that Trots the Void bringing chaos and mystery in its wake!

Haruki-kun
2015-04-07, 05:22 PM
I push the button merging Zaydos and Eldan.... and lo and behold, I have created a MAD dragon who is allergic to Peanut butter through the power of SCIENCE!

Trevortni
2015-04-07, 05:59 PM
I hit the button and.....
.....Nothing happens.

Confused, I start looking for the problem..... ah! I found it! I grab my soldering gun and start working on the broken part, right in the middle, where Haruki-kun and Zaydos were supposed to collide.

Did I remember to do the lockout/tagout procedure before I started performing maintenance? Yes, I'm sure I did, there's no way I would have forgotten that, is there......?

Jormengand
2015-04-07, 06:04 PM
I hit the button, and Trevortni collides with Haruki-kun at 1.5c, causing an angelic pony to be formed.

Wait, 1.5c? Who sneaked tachyons into the accelerator?

Dudeons
2015-04-07, 06:34 PM
By a random fluke (two people rolling a 1 at the same time) Jormengard is forcibly mashed into Trevortni, which forms Cult Leader Fluttershy (http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/050/1/8/pony___cult_leader_fluttershy_by_pixel_prism-d777pm4.png).

Eldan
2015-04-08, 08:45 AM
Yessss. The power of a god and the world serpent at my fingertips! Behold, as I combine Dudeons and Jormungandr at speeds that exceed what your fragile minds can comprehend! What abomination shall it unleash?

What? NO! IT CAN NOT BE! FOILED AGAIN! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dice_snake)

Dire Moose
2015-04-08, 10:08 PM
Sending Dudeons and Eldan hurtling toward each other at Warp 9.9, I manage to create the spell Gygax's Bolts from the Blue.

Zaydos
2015-04-08, 10:12 PM
I hit the button sending Dire Moose and Eldan hurtling into each other at .996c creating a micro singularity and seemingly destroying both. I then return to reading my newspaper which tells how a gel moose was found lodged halfway in a wall last week by surprised workers demolishing the building.

Inevitability
2015-04-09, 12:57 AM
I push the button, mashing Dire Moose and Zaydos together in a horrible explosion of moose hair and dragon scales!

The result is... a dragon egg with antlers.

Jormengand
2015-04-09, 06:26 AM
I hit the button and Dire Stirge whacks into Zaydos at 1.222c, creating a half-dragon stirge!

But, seriously, again with the tachyons?

Trevortni
2015-04-13, 10:02 PM
I hit the button and Jormengard and Dire_Stirge fly together at a speed of Infinity +1, colliding 5 seconds before I hit the button. This, in turn, distracts me so much I forget to push the button, creating a paradox that threatens to destroy the timespace continuum.

In other words, Monday.

Targ Collective
2015-04-17, 01:00 AM
I hit the button.

Nothing happens.

I hit the button again.

Nothing happens.

I hit the button a third time.

Trevortini and Jormengand collide, at speeds so high any measurement is folly.

When the dust clears it reveals a fractal in thirty two dimensions. A *sentient* fractal. It immediately spits Jormengand and Trevortini out unharmed and rebuilds the Accelerator to allow for a variety of random outcomes, as was originally intended (and in my opinion more fun). Then it displaces me, saying it wants a turn in the Accelerator.

Dudeons
2015-04-18, 07:00 AM
Pushing the button, I combine Targ Collective and Trevortini at LUDICROUS SPEEDİ. Emerging from the chamber is The One Fluttershy, who is cosplaying as Jesus for some reason.

Silent_Interim
2015-04-25, 08:02 PM
Pressing the button with an irritating and pointless flourish, Dudeons and the Targ Collective collide. Emerging from the rubble, the Dude Collective appears. Not a collection of dudes, just the word "Dude" repeated over and over in the air.

Zaydos
2015-04-25, 08:43 PM
I smash the button sending Silent_Interim flying into Dudeons at a speed approaching that of time. They collide moving so fast that they shift into 34 different dimensions (including the dimension where Earth is ruled by sentient igloos) before returning now merged into the form of 131 stolen dice.

Silent_Interim
2015-04-25, 11:14 PM
I... somehow... press the button... colliding Zaydos with... oh gods, this was a BAD idea... myself.
The effects of the collision appear to be similar to those of drinking a large bottle of bleach, oil and tequila. Poor for everyone, and resulting in quite possibly very fortunate memory loss. And yet, despite how self-evidently obvious how TERRIBLE the idea is, someone has probably already done it, but the number of people who have is surprisingly small.
I'm not sure if there are rules, or if they prohibit this, but it seems to have happened anyway. And if someone could find my pants, it would be appreciated.

Trevortni
2015-04-25, 11:32 PM
I lightly tap the button and Zaydos and Silent_Interim are flung together at speeds that could easily outpace a snail. Going the opposite direction. When they finally collide, everybody is given 10 minutes to shave the grey beards that they have inexplicably grown (including women, racial stereotypes like elves, and anyone else normally incapable of growing a beard).

When everyone returns, we see a small Post-It note reminding everyone that the three post rule prevents people from replying again until at least three other people have replied to the thread since their last post. And also a completely normal looking seed.

Angsty Anubite
2015-04-30, 01:48 AM
Button! SLAP.

Behold, Silent_Interim and Trevortni have fused to become... Silent Fluttershy! Which is like, regular Fluttershy. A bit scaly, but otherwise no difference. She picks up the seed and says something adorable before plane-shifting to hell. Yup, no difference at all.