PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Suggested builds for a kitsune swashbuckler? He's a villain NPC.

MonkeySage
2015-04-06, 12:42 PM
So, he's not a kitsune per se, and would be offended if he were called that. He's an undead homebrew version of the kitsune in the ARG, a kumiho.

The Kumiho Template I created... (applied to kitsune)
Darkvision 60ft (Replaces low light vision)
Natural Weapon Focus(Bonus Feat, replaces Kitsune Magic)
+4 Strength, +2 Dexterity
DR 5/cold iron
SR 6
Gain +5 temporary hit points by eating the heart of a sapient creature. These last for 24 hours. Spell like abilities gained from additional tails can only be replenished by consuming the heart of a sapient creature.
Undead traits

On top of this, I was going to give him 8 levels of swashbuckler.

I aim to characterize him as a worldly person, deceptively charming and inviting. He despises all sapient creatures, but harbors a special hatred for kitsune; he lures them in with his charm, then proceeds to break them down psychologically before killing them on plots of desecrated ground and letting them turn into kumiho like him. He sees his human form as a "necessary evil", a guise he uses to manipulate people. While in his human form, he bares a perfect resemblance to normal humans in all respects other than his light, almost white, brown hair. He travels mainly to keep the heat off of his 3 tails.

I'm preparing a special challenge for each of my players, and this would be for the team sorceress, herself a chaotic good kitsune who has been having a rough time adjusting to human society.

So I'm open for suggestions; I find myself drawing a great deal of influence from Angelus in terms of personality, but that tells me little of how I should build up his stats and allocate his feats. 2 Feats went to giving him his extra tails while in werefox form, so I think that leaves 2 more character feats, plus swashbuckler bonus feats.

His ability scores will be arranged on a 25 point buy.

He'll be armed with a rapier of speed.

Side note: The kitsune sorceress is armed with a holy cold iron dagger, though she doesn't yet realize how helpful that might be in dealing with this guy.