PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Wounding weapons must be Slash or Pierce?

Tindragon
2015-04-06, 02:01 PM
Yeah, that's all. Not another debate, I just recall sometime back thinking I read an errata that due the description

Wounding
A wounding weapon deals 1 point of Constitution damage from blood loss when it hits a creature. A critical hit does not multiply the Constitution damage. Creatures immune to critical hits (such as plants and constructs) are immune to the Constitution damage dealt by this weapon.

Moderate evocation; CL 10th; Craft Magic Arms and Armor, mage’s sword; Price +2 bonus. it required S or P weapons. Is this true, or am I bat$hi!t crazy?

I have a monk that wants to put Wounding on a Necklace of Natural Weapons: The enhancement
bonuses on this necklace are applied to attack and damage
rolls involving one or more of the wearer's natural weapons.
In addition, any weapon special quality may be applied to
this necklace, and the quality then applies to those natural
weapons as well. For instance, a +1 throwing returning necklace
of natural weapons would apply its enhancement bonus
and the throwing and returning special abilities to one or
more of the wearer's natural weapons.
Caster Level: 3rd; Prerequisites: Craft Wondrous Item, Craft
Magic Arms and Armor; Market Price: 600 gp, plus the cost
of the enhancement bonuses, multiplied by the number of
natural weapons affected. A +1 necklace of natural weapons
that affects one natural weapon costs 2,600 gp; if the same
necklace affects six natural weapons, it costs 15,600 gp.
Weight: —. so his flurry is wounding. He already has a Kama of Wounding, not sure why he feels the need to double dip, but meh.

The Question stands.

Flickerdart
2015-04-06, 02:03 PM
All you need to do to draw blood is break the skin. It's not difficult to make someone bleed by hitting them with a bludgeoning weapon.

Telonius
2015-04-06, 02:12 PM
It's Keen weapons that have to be slashing or piercing. There's an enhancement (can't recall the name offhand - Impact?) that gives the same bonus to Bludgeoning weapons, found in the MiC.

Diarmuid
2015-04-06, 02:22 PM
It's Keen weapons that have to be slashing or piercing. There's an enhancement (can't recall the name offhand - Impact?) that gives the same bonus to Bludgeoning weapons, found in the MiC.

Weapon of Impact is what you're going for there.

SangoProduction
2015-04-06, 02:54 PM
If you watch boxing, you'd see blood. No slashing or piercing required.

Spiryt
2015-04-06, 03:32 PM
All you need to do to draw blood is break the skin. It's not difficult to make someone bleed by hitting them with a bludgeoning weapon.

Don't need any skin breaking - one can bleed internally as well. That would be most common thing, likely indeed.

It's hard to break the skin without any pointy things, but one will still bleed under/inside the skin causing hematomas, or even deeper, causing many nasty problems.