PDA

View Full Version : Game of Chairs

pendell
2015-04-06, 05:32 PM
Sesame Street parodies Game of Thrones (https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dhWUFXvaZjo)

So ... much ... win....

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Aotrs Commander
2015-04-06, 05:44 PM
Pahahahahahaaha!

Okay it says something about Sesame Street that a) they would parody something so COMPLETELY out of what their target audience should be watching and b) that some like me who has only a very basic knowledge osmosed from the internet about the series (books or novels) can be amused. (I bet there were way more references than I got.)

Legato Endless
2015-04-06, 06:20 PM
"I'm sorry, you choked Joffrey."

Pffft haha.

Cristo Meyers
2015-04-06, 06:40 PM
I haven't watched the show since season 3, so this is now my new canon ending. All hail King Bluejoy! :smallbiggrin:

More entertaining than most of the show since then anyway.

Haruki-kun
2015-04-06, 06:50 PM
"I have a wedding to get to!"

:smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin::smallbig-

:smalleek:

Soras Teva Gee
2015-04-06, 06:57 PM
Well its nice of them to return the favor to The World of Ice and Fire somehow lets see...

"...I have a wedding to get to..."
"...It looks like you choked Joffery...."
"...Do not loose your head over this Neddy baby...."

Holy **** Seasame Street writers have ones that drag the ground when they walk.

DigoDragon
2015-04-06, 07:57 PM
This is brilliant. :smallbiggrin:

Haha, so awesome.

SaintRidley
2015-04-06, 09:19 PM
Is there any possibility that I would be unintentionally spoilered by this, based on where I am in the books (early book 3, see the Let's Read thread)?

Legato Endless
2015-04-06, 09:23 PM
Is there any possibility that I would be unintentionally spoilered by this, based on where I am in the books (early book 3, see the Let's Read thread)?

Assuming you haven't read the comments, then yes. Wait till you're done with book 3, or you'll miss a reference.

t209
2015-04-06, 09:25 PM
Oh, so many references to the series and books.
I feel that this is like 90s shows with adult references (not to the level of Rocko).

SaintRidley
2015-04-06, 09:26 PM
Assuming you haven't read the comments, then yes. Wait till you're done with book 3, or you'll miss a reference.

Thanks. Watching.

BWR
2015-04-07, 02:13 AM
Pff. totally pointless
As if we needed yet more proof that SS/Muppets are some of the best entertainment around.

Cheesegear
2015-04-07, 03:12 AM
I feel that this is like 90s shows with adult references (not to the level of Rocko).

We're now in the generation where Gen-Y-ers are in charge of stuff. There's also the True Mud sketch that they did. There's a bunch of stuff that gets slipped into 'The Street' simply because 80's/90's nerds are now charge of the writing.

WHAT'S IN THE BOOOX!!!??? (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDFEW3eAIlg)

DigoDragon
2015-04-07, 06:46 AM
There's also the True Mud sketch that they did.

I remember that one! :D

My wife totally geek'd when they parodied Doctor Who.

Cheesegear
2015-04-07, 07:18 AM
I also enjoyed the one where Elmo has no idea who Ricky Gervais is.
At the time, IRL, he was hosting the Golden Globes and there were people who legitimately had no idea that he even existed or why he was hosting.

Tengu_temp
2015-04-07, 10:44 AM
Of course some people on the internet are saying Game of Thrones is too mature for Muppets to parody. Completely disregarding the fact that Sesame Street has already been parodying adult-oriented movies and shows before most of us were even worn.

Cristo Meyers
2015-04-07, 10:59 AM
Of course some people on the internet are saying Game of Thrones is too mature for Muppets to parody. Completely disregarding the fact that Sesame Street has already been parodying adult-oriented movies and shows before most of us were even worn.

No kidding. There's a reason it's stayed so popular for so long, and the fact that parents don't hate watching it with their kids is a big part of it.

I daresay that if some three-year old out there actually gets the references made here, then the problem isn't with Seasame Street.

Berserk Mecha
2015-04-07, 11:00 AM
I love how the remaining throne chair is made out of golf clubs. So it's an iron throne. Get it?

pendell
2015-04-07, 11:19 AM
I hadn't got that, but now that I have, I can't un-get it :).

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Gopher Wizard
2015-04-07, 12:05 PM
"Don't lose your head over this Neddy."

"Can someone bring me a sweater? I think winter is coming."

So great!:smallbiggrin: The production values are really good as well. Kind of reminds me of Don't Hug Me I'm Scared except not as disturbing.

Berserk Mecha
2015-04-07, 01:02 PM
So I've just spent an hour on YouTube watching Sesame Street sketches. A lot of the ones I watched involved Cookie Monster in movie parodies. There's Lord of the Crumbs, The Spy Who Loved Cookies, The Hungry Games Catching Fur, Cookies of the Caribbean, Furry Potter and the Goblet of Cookies, Star S'mores, it just keeps going.

And now I really want some cookies...

Gopher Wizard
2015-04-07, 03:39 PM
There's Lord of the Crumbs

Is that a Lord of the Rings spoof or a Lord of the Flies spoof? I'd be happy with either, but I'm hoping it's the latter.

Zyzzyva
2015-04-07, 03:51 PM

No kidding (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vftf8TTve4s). :smallbiggrin:

HamHam
2015-04-07, 06:08 PM
A lot of kids must have been really confused when their parents started laughing out of nowhere.

Plerumque
2015-04-08, 09:11 PM
So I've just spent an hour on YouTube watching Sesame Street sketches. A lot of the ones I watched involved Cookie Monster in movie parodies. There's Lord of the Crumbs, The Spy Who Loved Cookies, The Hungry Games Catching Fur, Cookies of the Caribbean, Furry Potter and the Goblet of Cookies, Star S'mores, it just keeps going.

And now I really want some cookies...

My favorite may have been Les Mousserables. I forgot how great Sesame Street is.

Gopher Wizard
2015-04-09, 07:01 PM
No kidding (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vftf8TTve4s). :smallbiggrin:

Oh man that's so great! Any segments that parody Hitchcock films?

DigoDragon
2015-04-09, 09:57 PM
Oh man that's so great! Any segments that parody Hitchcock films?

The 39 Stairs (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzjM67rS9ZM)(The 39 Steps). Not much of a parody other than the name but... that's one.

Gopher Wizard
2015-04-10, 06:01 AM
The 39 Stairs (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzjM67rS9ZM)(The 39 Steps). Not much of a parody other than the name but... that's one.

So good! Loved the "twist" ending. I also say a link to Monsterpiece Theater: Dr. No. I think I'm just gonna marathon all of Monsterpiece Theater in the very near future.

BWR
2015-04-10, 07:27 AM
So good! Loved the "twist" ending. I also say a link to Monsterpiece Theater: Dr. No. I think I'm just gonna marathon all of Monsterpiece Theater in the very near future.

There are better uses of your time. I'm hard-pressed to think of them, truth to tell, but I suspect they involve saving kittens from burning buildings.

Gopher Wizard
2015-04-10, 07:48 AM
There are better uses of your time. I'm hard-pressed to think of them, truth to tell, but I suspect they involve saving kittens from burning buildings.

A) I'm taking about in my spare time I use to relax when I'm usually watching a film or TV show. I use my time constructively. Just because I have free time to relax doesn't mean I'm not productive.

B) Hey, point me in the direction of kittens about to be burned to death and I'll save them, because around here that cliche isn't too common.

dysprosium
2015-04-10, 09:14 AM
This skit proves that Grover still is one of the best monsters on the show.

I watched the clip at work and almost got in trouble for laughing out loud.

Gopher Wizard
2015-04-10, 11:41 AM
I watched the clip at work and almost got in trouble for laughing out loud.

That probably would be one of the best ways to be fired from work though.