PDA

View Full Version : Streets XIX

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Lord Iames Osari
2007-04-13, 05:29 PM
Hey, look! Streets!
[hr]

I see, so that would make it a divine gift then. You a paladin of some sort?
Aciba continues his attempts at casual conversation as they presumably continue to walk towards the police station.

I am a member of a holy order of knights, so in a sense, yes, althoguh probably not quite in the way you mean it.

Chaotic Bob
2007-04-13, 05:36 PM
Eh, no offense to them, but I only classify paladins as people with swords who happen to have a gods favor. Or have people call them holy/righteous. So I think you qualify in my definition. How did you come by such a group of people? They just passing through town and you decided to join them?

Lord Iames Osari
2007-04-13, 05:43 PM
Actually, I was invited to join in recognition of my faith and accomplishments.

Chaotic Bob
2007-04-13, 05:46 PM
Suppose that works, too. More...some-word-that-isn't-coming-to-mind that way.
He then suffers a case of Movable Dead Time Syndrome. Essentially, this means that he is effectively inactive, but still movable.
((feel free to lead him to his jail cell, I've gotta go for a few hours))

Lord Iames Osari
2007-04-13, 05:48 PM
Aerin prods him through the door of the station.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-13, 06:24 PM
Revenant, entirely free from Clergyman State's control, flies up into some miscellaneous bell tower and roosts there like a giant bird.

Nevrmore
2007-04-13, 06:25 PM
A random moleman throws rocks at Revenant, jealous of his flight-worthy wings.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-13, 06:34 PM
One of the rocks hammers an eye-nail in, and Revenant spends the next 30 minutes writhing in pain, hitting the bell repeatedly.

*BUNG BING BONG BOOM BUNG BONG BUNG BONG BONG KABLOOM ZAM*

The Geomancer
2007-04-13, 07:19 PM
Aharon walks out of the Church of the Seed, looking for John or Mneme.

Nevrmore
2007-04-13, 07:59 PM
A small batallion of molemen start scaling the tower, trying to get to Revenant.

Sophistemon
2007-04-13, 08:25 PM
John waves Aharon over. "Is everything okay?" He looks at Mneme. "C'mon, I think it's time we went somewhere else."

The Geomancer
2007-04-13, 08:33 PM
Aharon jogs over to John, tears streaming down his eyes. Lues is dead.

Sophistemon
2007-04-13, 08:46 PM
John disengages himself from Mneme and leaps to his feet. "What?! How?"

The Geomancer
2007-04-13, 08:55 PM
The acolytes at the Church said that his soul was no longer in this world. Aharon looks at both Mneme and John. The whole Church is in an uproar over the whole thing

((Hate to leave with them still hanging out in the streets but i haves to go))

Sophistemon
2007-04-13, 09:04 PM
John looks at the ground. "Vahlziir killed him, then."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-13, 09:13 PM
Mneme stands up, looking from John to Aharon and back, not sure whether to be upset or vaguely relieved. She had trusted him, thought of him as a friend, until these past few days, and decided to greet the news with reverant silence.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-04-13, 09:32 PM
Drake comes out of an alley and stands in the street, looking around.

Sophistemon
2007-04-13, 09:33 PM
"Do we... I guess... God, what do we do?"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-13, 09:42 PM
Mneme answers quietly, thinking about Lues and Vahlziir, "It depends on who our enemies are... and there was a policeman was there not?" She suddenly remembers somewhat of what happened last night.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-04-13, 09:46 PM
Drake decides to go to Trog's.

Sophistemon
2007-04-13, 09:52 PM
John nods. "A policeman. Yes, I think there was. She asked us if we were okay. I'd... not like to get involved with the cops, though, if I can help it."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-13, 09:54 PM
Mneme nods, not really understanding why, but trusting his judgment in the matter. "I meant another one though... I can remember him a little. From when I... when I killed that man."

Sophistemon
2007-04-13, 09:59 PM
John looks sad. "I know you, Mneme. I know that you wouldn't hurt anyone unless they tried to hurt you first."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-13, 10:04 PM
She remembers that now, too. The incident was hard to remember, exactly what she had done at the time. "I lost control," she says finally. "I do not want to let that happen again. I could not stop." Mneme closes her eyes, starting to remember the incident more clearly now.

((Which will have to come out exactly later, although I'm sure you've read it by now. ^_^ G'night. I'll be on most all of tomorrow.))

Chaotic Bob
2007-04-13, 10:24 PM
Xeni walks out of Trog's just as the one that was sniping at Destro vanishes.
The Xeni that walked out of Trog's proceeds to the Slums.

Destro_Yersul
2007-04-13, 11:17 PM
The dead time around Destro and Maph'tey goes away. Destro has time for a spinning kick before he gets knocked bacb by the shield and squashed by the walls. Into a thin black wall himself, it would seem. A wall with eyes. A hole opens through the wall for the orb to pass through as Destro reforms and is thrown towards Maph'tey by the explosion. He uses his momentum to his advantage, pulling one arm back and punching just before he reaches the Traveler, effectively putting as much force as possible behind the swing.

((As you may have noticed, Destro gets much more melee oriented when in Negative form. This is because he can't physically use any non-negative energy attuned spells in this form))

Vespe Ratavo
2007-04-13, 11:18 PM
Vespe and a few clones walk down the street serenading. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Smeyf8nhM5Q&mode=related&search=) One of them holds out a pot with a few copper pieces in it.

Oh, oh, oh, oh
For the longest time
Oh, oh, oh, oh
For the longest time
If you said goodbye to me tonight
There would still be music left to write
What else could I do
I'm so inspired by you
That hasn't happened for the longest time

Once I thought my innocence was gone
Now I know that happiness goes on
That's where you found me
When you put your arms around me
I haven't been there for the longest time

Oh, oh, oh, oh
For the longest time
Oh, oh, oh, oh
For the longest
I'm that voice you're hearing in the hall
And the greatest miracle of all
Is how I need you
And how you needed me too
That hasn't happened for the longest time

Maybe this won't last very long
But you feel so right
And I could be wrong
Maybe I've been hoping too hard
But I've gone this far
And it's more than I hoped for

Who knows how much further we'll go on
Maybe I'll be sorry when you're gone
I'll take my chances
I forgot how nice romance is
I haven't been there for the longest time

I had second thoughts at the start
I said to myself
Hold on to your heart
Now I know the woman that you are
You're wonderful so far
And it's more than I hoped for

I don't care what consequence it brings
I have been a fool for lesser things
I want you so bad
I think you ought to know that
I intend to hold you for the longest time

Oh Oh Oh Oh
For the longest time
Oh Oh Oh Oh
For the longest time
Oh Oh Oh Oh
For the longest time
Billy Joel rules....
They head towards Trogs Tavern.

Rebonack
2007-04-13, 11:32 PM
((That blast just blew about four minutes off of Destro's time-line, it doesn't do much in the way of physical damage. That's basically four minutes that just passed instantly.))

Due to the fact Refuge wasn't expecting so quick a counter attack he doesn't have time to mount his defenses before Destro drives his fist into Maph'tey.

The Traveler shifts his position slightly when he sees that he cant possibly dodge, instead getting clipped in the shoulder and spun around. ((I'm assuming being made of negative energy would do this...) At the point of impact Maph'tey clothing has rotted off and the flesh below looks gangrenous.

Maph'tey gasps, clutching the wound and, well, it's odd really. It's almost as if his life-force is multiplying itself to replace what was sapped through contact with Nega-Destro. The physical damage is still there, though the level loss has been completely erased.

Refuge responds to the attack with a blinding flurry of claymore strokes, each causing the air to crackle with scything heatless power. And I do mean blinding flurry in a literal sense. Within the span of a second he manages to make good with no fewer than twenty slashes.

Now that's what I call a good use of bonus feats.

Ruin decides to go with another hail of Disintegrate bolts, just because he thinks stuff crumbling into a pile of dust is funny.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-04-13, 11:35 PM
Aerin comes out of the station and heads for Trog's.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-04-13, 11:51 PM
Vespe rushes down the street with a greatsword cleaving NPCs up. Carnage is fun!

Destro_Yersul
2007-04-13, 11:51 PM
((Awesomeness. I do love a good Epic fight scene))

Destro pulls out the Matrix moves to dodge Refuge's flurry. Duck, jump, spin to the side *chop slash pain* block, backflip, *pain stab chop*... He manages to dodge the worst of it, but who knows how much energy that took to pull off. He's going to be REALLY tired after this. He ducks another of the disintegrate blasts and compresses into a single point before sending out three negative energy shockwaves and then reforming. The shockwaves would shortly get stopped by the positive energy, but he's close enough to Maph'tey that it could work.

((And his energy clock ticks down big time for that one))

Nevrmore
2007-04-13, 11:53 PM
((And his energy clock ticks down big time for that one))
((2 minutes to midnight!))

Lord Iames Osari
2007-04-14, 12:04 AM
Iames comes out of the station and waits for Vera.

AmberVael
2007-04-14, 12:05 AM
Verdandi comes out beside Iames and looks around.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-04-14, 12:08 AM
There's a fight over there, Iames says, strangely calm.

AmberVael
2007-04-14, 12:14 AM
Lets go then.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-04-14, 12:17 AM
Iames heads toward the battle between Destro and Maph'tey.

Rebonack
2007-04-14, 12:17 AM
((I aim to please. In other news, this is the first really serious fight Maph'tey has had since coming to Town.))

Upon noting that Destro is building a massive pileup of negative energy Refuge decides that it would be best to protect Maph'tey to the best of his ability. He doesn't cast Death Ward since that would completely nullify Destro's negative-energy attacks. And that would just be cheap D=.

That, and he can't use Death Ward.

Instead he swings his claymore around his head a few times before driving the weapon point first into the cobbles of the street. Lay-lines of molten stone creep away from the point of impact, forming an intricate geometric design of such non-Euclidian nature that it could make even Cthulhu cry.

The pulse of pure negative energy then splits upon the eldritch barrier like waves of the sea upon the crags. But just as even the mightiest cliffs can be worn away by the relentless assault of the depths so to does the abjuration wear thin.

The barrier then fails. It's pretty flashy, really, what with the shield shattering with the sound of a thunder-clap and all.

Maph'tey is then drenched in the fell power of Undeath. Much of the fury had been quelled by Refuge, but it ravages him none the less.

He staggers back, flesh sizzling as he strains to repair the damage to his essence before Destro blasts him again.

Ruin places on hand flat on the wall next to him, causing jagged, fifteen foot wide wall of ice crystals to tear across the surface toward Necromancy. Not only will it likely tear him up pretty good, it will also serve as a temporary barrier against further assault.

AmberVael
2007-04-14, 12:22 AM
Verdandi's stride lengthens as they begin to get closer.

Nevrmore
2007-04-14, 12:23 AM
Plot whispers into Maph'tey's ear.

"All those ice crystals will one day be shooting at innocent people..."

Lord Iames Osari
2007-04-14, 12:24 AM
Iames increases his stride to keep up with Vera.

McBish
2007-04-14, 12:25 AM
Eric wakes up in the streets once again.

Destro_Yersul
2007-04-14, 12:28 AM
Destro flips back, away from the spiky ice wall, and... towards the positive energy rift. D'oh. Adding the increased pressure from the positive energy and the damage he just took from the ice wall, and his form concludes something. It's not maintaining itself for much longer without some sort of new energy source to draw on. The rift would work, if it was the right kind...

Destro spins towards the rift, pointing both hands towards it, palms out. Negative energy flows out from his hands to surround the rift, cancelling out the positive as it gets there. More... Dark tendrils of energy reach up from the ground to bend around the rift. Destro's form flickers. He pours his power into the energy beam, draining as much of his strength as he can spare. The flickering grows more frequent as the energy acts upon the rift.

Destro drops to one knee, having given this all he's got. His arm flickers and little bits of it break off to be consumed as opposite forces battle for control of the rift.

((He's trying to switch the plane the rift is attached to. A rift to the negative plane could keep him on his feet for a little bit longer))

Rebonack
2007-04-14, 12:44 AM
((Interestingly enough, Maph'tey Gates are actually more akin to worm-holes than the standard conduit through the Astral Plane. This would make changing the destination quite a bit more difficult than normal (read: pretty much impossible to anyone other than Maph'tey or Conjuration). Never the less, this fight is made of awesome and win, so Destro succeeds.))

Maph'tey looks rather concerned when the pure prismatic light pouring out of the gate is suddenly sequestered by wisps of inky vapor. He decides that it may be in his best interest to sever the conduit.

So he does.

With a sound of space itself rending, which, oddly enough, sounds very similar to someone stomping on a whoopee cushion filled with lime pudding, the gate slams shut.

Not before belching out a sizable quantity of negative energy, however.

Ruin launches an erratic spray of golden bolts which explode with radiant energy upon contact with anything solid while Refuge thrust his sword forward.

The former pyrotechnics are very nifty. The latter attack is ever more impressive.

Heatless orange flames lap around the blade as Refuge had readied it. Upon delivering his attack said flames congeal into the rough form of said entity's weapon. Only scaled up about four fold and dancing with eldritch power.

McBish
2007-04-14, 12:46 AM
Eric tries to remember why he is in cuffs.

AmberVael
2007-04-14, 12:50 AM
Verdandi nears the fight, and puts on a burst of speed.
Now, while Verdandi is quite normally fast, the speed she reaches now is nothing less than incredible. She reaches the combatants and stands at one side.
Stop. There is no need for this destruction!
Her voice is strong and nothing less than demanding, ringing with authority and complete certainty of herself.
Her wings flare out, and she holds out one hand towards Destro, and points her staff, which still appears to glow red hot from the forge, towards Maph'tey.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-04-14, 12:52 AM
Iames hangs back slightly, waiting to see what happens.

Destro_Yersul
2007-04-14, 12:55 AM
Yes! Destro reaches out the the rift, drawing in as much power as he can. More than enough to get him back on his feet. Then the rift snaps shut. No... Destro spins around, absorbing all the remaining negative energy as he does so. Black flame flares around him, and the bolts, possibly due to their erratic nature, mostly miss him. Two of them do hit though, punching holes through his form.

Then Refuge attacks, and Destro throws up his arm to block. The black flames disappear as a shimmering black shield coalesces on his arm with a metallic "shing". The strike throws him off balance, spinning him around, though the shield prevents it from goring him.

Destro's form shifts to appear more like armour, and he makes a fist with his free hand. The hilt of a sword appears in it, a blade made of the same shimmering black energy as the shield extending from the haft. Lightning flashes overhead for dramatic effect as rain begins to fall. Destro swings his new sword in a crackling arc. So focused on the fight is he that he misses Vera completely. Probably not the best of ideas, but there it is.

McBish
2007-04-14, 12:59 AM
Eric somewhat remembers Aerin casting a spell at him and then falling to the ground. He rolls over and gets his hands infront of him and he glares at the cuffs.

Rebonack
2007-04-14, 01:09 AM
"Destro has gone insane...er," Maph'tey states calmly. "He has killed a dozen or more people. I don't know how many. I already tried to talk him down. Now, help me put an end to this or stay out of my way."

Something really odd is happening with that dramatic rain storm.

In places the rain has stopped falling.

Not that there are patches where things have cleared up, rather there are pockets where the drops just aren't moving. Pockets where time doesn't exist. Apparently Maph'tey is drawing pretty heavily on the local Continuum.

Regardless of the reason, it looks pretty kick-ass.

Refuge meets Destro's stroke with his own, the blades smiting off one another with showers of molten brazen sparks and roiling motes of Undeath. Like bolts of lighting the weapons crash together, only to part once more.

Slash, feint, thrust, counter-thrust, parry.

And then the brazen knight takes Destro's blade right between his helm and gorget.

"I have... failed you, Master Maph'tey..."

The armored form melts back into the Traveler's left wing.

Maph'tey staggers back to avoid the follow up stroke, his main means of melee combat having just gotten put out of the fight.

"You're going to regret that," he snarls, his outline beginning to blur.

Nevrmore
2007-04-14, 01:12 AM
((God damn, this is epic))

There is a small cackle as someone watches the fight from the safety of a shadow.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-04-14, 01:13 AM
Iames narrows his eyes and leaps into the fray, taking up a defensive stance.

AmberVael
2007-04-14, 01:17 AM
Verdandi begins chanting, holding her staff in front of her. Her chanting grows faster until it is a blur of words in foriegn and ancient tongues, and then she sweeps her arms aside.
Flaring, white and orange flames burst around her in a shockwave of heat and force, hopefully stunning the combatants as Verdandi leaps towards Maph'tey, swinging her staff towards him with what would be far beyond lethal force to a normal man.
But then again, no one in town is quite normal.
Regardless of whether the blow works, Verdandi launches backwards, reversing her momentum to leap through the air at Destro and slam the smaller end of the staff at his stomach, trying to drive him to the ground.

Destro_Yersul
2007-04-14, 01:17 AM
((Yeah, it is. I love it!))

Not. As. Much. As. YOU! Destro leaps towards Maph'tey, thrusting with the sword. His own form has begun to blur around the edges as well, though not because he's angry. It's because his energy reserves are being taxed to the limit, even with the influx from the rift. Unfortunately for him, he takes Verdandi's staff to the gut halfway there. This throws him backwards, but he lands on his feet, one hand on the ground to soften the impact. He readies the sword. Come on then. Twin points of red shine out from within his negative helm. Bring it.

((Damn. I want to save this entire fight and draw it in comic format so freaking much))

McBish
2007-04-14, 01:18 AM
Eric pokes the cuffs a bit and they pop open. Eric smiles at this and puts them in his pocket.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-04-14, 01:23 AM
Iames blurs to stand next to Vera, watching Destro carefully.

Nevrmore
2007-04-14, 01:33 AM
"That's just not fair...Three against one."

The being in the shadow moves - Or, rather, the shadow itself moves, since that is the being. The body he is attached to floats underneath him, connected at the torso as he sneaks towards the fight, intent on helping Destro out.

AmberVael
2007-04-14, 01:33 AM
((Er... more like 3 person free for all.
Iames is doing nothing, and Verdandi has attacked them both))

Nevrmore
2007-04-14, 01:35 AM
((Yeah, well the shadow is insane, so he can percieve things however he wants to.))

McBish
2007-04-14, 01:35 AM
Eric glances around for any signs of cops and moves to the shadows of an alleyway. He moves towards what seems to be a large fight.

Rebonack
2007-04-14, 01:40 AM
The shockwave of heat and force collides quite spectacularly with Maph'tey's silvery nimbus, the sudden influx of power causing it to crackle with pent up potential energy.

The staff blow, however, doesn't manage to find Maph'tey.

It finds Ruin.

In an action quite unlike what most who have met the wicked sorcerer would expect he interposed himself between Maph'tey and Vera, the stoke biting into him with a terrific impact.

The Traveler is sent rolling across the cobbles only to collide with the wall of a nearby building.

He pulls himself to his feet, his clothing ragged and flesh patched with rot. His wings lay limp at his sides, battered and broken.

"Attacking innocents again I see, Verdandi?" he spits. "Somehow I'm not surprised."

Maph'tey levels a finger dripping with silvery inchor at Destro.

"The jaws of oblivion gape wide for you."

Then his human form melts away, leaving something huge and blurred and indistinct. And yet something terrifyingly concrete.

Talons dig into the stones of the streets as the beast sets its gaze upon Destro.

*Thoom*

He slams one forelimb into the pavement, causing the nearby stones to splinter as a twisting, distorted patch of space begins to take shape around his now uplifted paw.

Maph'tey levels said limb at Destro, however the orb of tortured space doesn't get launched at him, rather Maph'tey crushes it.

This in turn causes an ear-splitting screech to reverberate off the walls as a two yard wide beam of radiant energy spawned from the annihilation of aether itself to explode toward the lich.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-04-14, 01:46 AM
Iames twists to avoid the beam. Maph'tey, you're in bad shape. Would you mind if I took over for you?

AmberVael
2007-04-14, 01:47 AM
No one needs to die here!
It is my duty to protect. You interfere with that duty.
Verdandi spins her staff back to an upright position and strike the base against the ground as she springs back away from Destro and in front of him, facing Maph'tey.
I see no reason not to arrest you both.
She holds out a hand that shines with fire and white light, creating a shield before her that stands against and partially consumes the energy as it pours over and around her.

McBish
2007-04-14, 01:48 AM
Eric makes his way to the fight and his eyes open wide. He stays a good way in the alley way.

Rebonack
2007-04-14, 01:54 AM
((Eric made me lol. I honestly can't blame him.))

Nevrmore
2007-04-14, 01:57 AM
The shadow continues moving towards the fight. He eyes Iames and shifts so that he is going towards him.

Destro_Yersul
2007-04-14, 01:57 AM
((Hot DAMN! That's it. *Begins copy-pasting into word*))

Lightning flashes again, punching through one of the dead-time patches. It remains frozen there, trapped by the absence of time itself. Rain patters off the ground as Destro launches himself off the ground towards the traveler, sword in hand. He runs forward, past Verdandi, even as Maph'tey melts away. He flips over the splintered stones as Map'tey grabs the ball of energy. He stabs forward as the orb gets crushed, and meets the beam from two. feet. away. Unable to raise his shield in time, not that it would have done much good, Destro is driven back, colliding with a building with one hell of a crash. His sword, which left his hand halfway to the wall, embeds itself in in the masonry next to his head.

Destro pushes himself to his feet as thunder rolls in the background. My turn. He holds out one hand, palm upwards. Energy arcs between the fingers, taking shape in Destro's hand. It looks like a disk. The center peels away, wrapping around itself to form a fist sized ring of energy filled with black mist. Destro drops his hand, and his eyes flash.

Without warning he punches one fist forward, through the ring. It doesn't come out the other side. What comes out the other side is a spiraling beam of doom, empowered by the dwindling remains of Destro's energy reserve. Lightning flashes once more as the energy rips across the gap between Destro and Maph'tey, tearing up the ground beneath it as it goes. Destro's form continues to fray along the edges, his shield falling to the ground with a clang as the arm holding it disintegrates, drawn in to fuel Destro's attack.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-04-14, 02:05 AM
Iames turns, following Destro's progress, and his eyes glow violet as he aims a beam of positive energy at the lich.
[hr]
Aerin, carrying Floyd, comes out of Trog's and goes to the police station.

McBish
2007-04-14, 02:06 AM
Eric spots the flying cop in the air and starts to move down the streets towards the docks not really wanting to deal with cops right now.

Nevrmore
2007-04-14, 02:07 AM
The shadow comes up upon Iames and tries to cup his hand around his mouth, making the appendage solid so that it can be capable of doing this.

Rebonack
2007-04-14, 02:11 AM
((OOOooooOOOohh That's the attack he nuked the old Necromancy with.))

The lithe beast glares down at Iames.

"I will finish what he began."

And, to be honest, he doesn't seem very impressed with Vera's speech.

"Arrest me for what? Subduing a criminal with sufficient force for the situation as outlined in the station charter? There will be no death here. Destro is already dead. And I will crush his temporary shell to provide me enough time to find the box he ferrets his soul away in. Then we will be able to hold him accountable for his slaughter of innocents, not before."

Maph'tey's eyes narrow as he prepares for what is to come. He doesn't recognize the strange spell Destro is casting, but he has an instinctual understanding that the end effect will be bad.

The monster wraps its wings around itself as the crackling, spiraling blast bites into it, flaying off layers of alien flesh which boil away into the aether even as they are shed. Maph'tey staggers back, clawing desperately at the stones to hold his footing against the onslaught of doom.

By the time it subsides his wings are all but burned away and his breast is pock-marked with burned out pits.

The wounds ooze a strange silver fluid that crystallizes beautifully as it cascades down his flanks onto the blasted stones.

Though his form is battered and his breathing ragged Maph'tey rushes forward, his supple neck arced and ready to strike.

And strike it does.

Like a serpent it descends upon Destro with those horrible jaws stretched wide. Energy form or not he will cripple its integrity with teeth forged from the substance of time itself.

AmberVael
2007-04-14, 02:18 AM
Verdandi leaps back to stand next to Destro, and holds her staff in front of her, closing her eyes as she chants quietly, in an echoing voice.
Her form suddenly seems distorted and odd, then what appears to be a growing, white flaming duplicate of herself grows and stands in front of her, absorbing Iames's attack.

Verdandi remains where she is, chanting with her eyes closed.

The duplicate spreads its arms and flares with fire, sending it in a circle around Destro, itself, and Vera, a circle which then turns into a dome and hardens, crackling with white flames and positive energy, preventing Destro from getting out, and attacks from getting through.

STOP.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-04-14, 02:21 AM
The shadow does this. Iames, not having had to breathe in quite some time, is a bit puzzled but otherwise unaffected. by the shadow's action.

Destro_Yersul
2007-04-14, 02:23 AM
((Indeed it is. It's also just drained what little power he had left. Time to end this, Awesome though it is and will always be))

Destro drops to the ground, missing large chunks of himself. His energy form ripples and dissipates. Damn. Not quite enough...

Even as Verdandi lands next to him he stumbles forward, out of the circle of flame, and falls with no arms to catch himself. But he is caught.

Maph'tey is successful in his attempt to grab Destro and, in all probability and for coolness factor, lift him into the air. Destro is back to normal now. And Maph'tey's teeth aren't the only things damaging him. No, you fool! I can't be killed! But the statement looks false even now. All the punishment Destro took in energy mode is being inflicted on his normal form at an increasing rate. Great rents appear in the fabric of his cloak. Chunks of undead flesh and bone drop to the ground, melting away as they hit. Destro's eyes go wide as his spine snaps in half and, for a moment, looks more like normal.

Maph'tey... He says, and the voice he speaks with is very different from the one he's been using the entire battle. Help... me... Then he explodes, bits of bone flying everywhere. His skull drops to the ground and rolls away, the twin points of light in its empty sockets fading away into nothingness.

The lightning has stopped, but the clouds do not part. Now it just rains...

((Crap! Editting... must. have. Destro. Land. Outside. Circle...))

Nevrmore
2007-04-14, 02:36 AM
The shadow tries to pull Iames away. He might feel something sharp against his back as this occurs.

Rebonack
2007-04-14, 02:36 AM
Maph'tey does indeed notice this odd turn of events. Normally people don't beg for help when they're getting crushed by someone's teeth. Begging for mercy, maybe, but not help.

Something nags at the back of his mind. Something about some evil Destro sort of thing and a string of murders. But that was decided to be the work of a double, wasn't it? Like one of those mirror clones?

The lich won't be gone for long, he knows that much. That's the way lichyness usually goes.

He needs to find that soul box. Find it so he can be there when Destro is re-bodied. Maybe there will be some kind of clue in that. Or at least the police would be able to keep him under a semblance of control.

Maph'tey decides that, whatever, he does, he should slump over on the ground first.

So he does.

He's bleeding pretty profusely, if that odd fluid coming out of him can be called blood. His silvery eyes are flickering like dying embers.

"Something's... wrong with this. He was... afraid. Before he said..."

Maph'tey body quivers spastically for few moments.

"Bleh... Can't think straight... need something to eat..."

AmberVael
2007-04-14, 02:39 AM
Verdandi, slightly peeved that her massive expenditure of energy was negated by something as simple as stumbling, and so therefore lets the energy explode.
And it does.
White flames roar over the area, infusing those nearby with almost (but not quite) dangerous amounts of positive energy.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-04-14, 02:42 AM
Iames decides to be somewhere else, and is. Namely, a good 10 feet in the air.

Nevrmore
2007-04-14, 02:43 AM
The shadow is slightly put off that suddenly he is groping air.

Destro_Yersul
2007-04-14, 02:44 AM
A number of trout appear, led by the one with the clipboard. They form a floating trouty circle around Destro's fallen skull. Four of them drop down to pick it up and then float back to join the others.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-04-14, 02:45 AM
Iames looks down at the shadow.

Nevrmore
2007-04-14, 02:46 AM
The shadow, having already lost interest in Iames, begins floating towards the trout circle.

Destro_Yersul
2007-04-14, 02:50 AM
The trout, carrying the skull, begin to swim away. The little bits of Destro scattered around the area melt into the ground, one by one.

Rebonack
2007-04-14, 02:50 AM
The massive infusion of positive energy has an effect on Maph'tey that is almost, though not quite, entirely unlike healing. It just makes him feel very tingly and kind of glow a little.

He attempts to lift himself off the ground, though that doesn't work very well. He just sort of flops over again.

Maph'tey drags his head along the ground until he's facing Vera, leaving a slick of mercury-like fluid in his wake.

"I don't suppose you have a spare herd of elk you could magic up for me...?"

Lord Iames Osari
2007-04-14, 02:56 AM
Iames goes over to Maph'ey, descending as if walking down stairs. What do you need elk for?

AmberVael
2007-04-14, 02:56 AM
Verdandi shakes her head.
She looks extremely disappointed in both Maph'tey and herself.

Nevrmore
2007-04-14, 02:57 AM
((Verdandi should only be extremely disappointed in herself. Maph'tey kicked ass.))

Rebonack
2007-04-14, 02:59 AM
"Or cows or deer or goats, it doesn't really matt-" Maph'tey pauses for a moment so he can cough up a congealed mass of his crystallizing blood. "Matter. I need something to eat. Something alive. Otherwise I won't be able to mend myself. And to be honest I would prefer not bleeding to death."

AmberVael
2007-04-14, 03:01 AM
((Verdandi should only be extremely disappointed in herself. Maph'tey kicked ass.))
((She is disappointed in Maph'tey because he killed Destro.
She is disappointed in herself because, despite the power she used, she pretty much did nothing and was unable to save Destro.
...but I don't blame that on her))

Shadow of the Sun
2007-04-14, 03:21 AM
Walking down the Street, towards Trog's, Umbras notices Elune walking behind him. He slows his pace, waiting for her to catch up.

Baeleck
2007-04-14, 03:23 AM
Elune quickly brings herself up to his pace, before turning down another street towards Trogs.

Ethrai leaves Alarras's Gems, and also heads for Trogs.

Rebonack
2007-04-14, 03:23 AM
((I think the blame for Destro stumbling free from the barrier is on the shoulders of Plot.))

Maph'tey sits there looking pathetic, wondering if anyone will take pity on him and sacrifice some poor, helpless animals so he can eat them alive.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-04-14, 03:30 AM
It's nice to have some company. It is kind of dull when you only have yourself to talk too. So, what did you do before you opened your shop? Judging from your appearance alone you must be at least 200 years old, and running a shop that long would seem tedious. Tell me about yourself. He continues to smile that cheerful smile, the wind blowing his hair around.

(((Go 21 charisma! Woo! As a note, I am much like this character in real life: I prefer talking about other people than about myself)))

Nevrmore
2007-04-14, 03:33 AM
The shadow thinks he see someone familiar out the corner of his eye....He floats away.

Baeleck
2007-04-14, 03:37 AM
"Well observed, I'm 213, to be exact. My birthday was only a few days ago." she says, nodding a bit, "I haven't always looked like this, though. I come from a city called Tirganach on the border between Elven and human lands. I came here to help Baeleck, becasue he didn't have anywhere else to go. His past isn't a happy one, to say the least."
She then takes a photo from out of her pouch.
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h107/sjunderw/elune.gif
"Believe it or not, that's me, just over a month ago. I got transformed. It's all to do with this 'saving the material plane' thing. I really wish I'd never got caught up in it."

Destro_Yersul
2007-04-14, 03:41 AM
((Yeah, it's plots fault. Sorry bout that))

The universe takes pity on Maph'tey and has nudges several rats in his direction. Hey, it's a start.

Shadow of the Sun
You look better now. His near perpetual grin falls. When it comes to unhappy pasts, Baeleck and I have something in common, I'm sure He gestures to the massive scar on his breastbone.

Nevrmore
((I'm glad Plot has found a nice place in the Town hierarchy as the guy who takes all the blame.))

Baeleck
2007-04-14, 03:44 AM
Elune nods sympathetically.
"Yeah, I couldn't help noticing that. Baeleck has a pretty bad scar on his face, but noting on that scale. What happened?"

Shadow of the Sun
2007-04-14, 03:46 AM
He turns around. You see that matching scar? Put two and two together.

Baeleck
2007-04-14, 03:52 AM
Elune shudders a bit at the thought.
"Ouch. I imagine that must have hurt a fair bit."
They approach the door of Trogs, and Elune holds it open for him.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-04-14, 03:54 AM
Cheers. I want to talk to Baeleck, again, it was a quite amusing conversation last time. His grin reappears, and he walks straight in.

Baeleck
2007-04-14, 03:57 AM
Elune follows him, wondering what this 'amusing' conversation consisted of, and whether it was at all linked to Mychasi yelling 'duck'.

Nevrmore
2007-04-14, 03:58 AM
The shadow, seeing the familiar person walk into Trog's, does something peculier; He sets the boy's feet on the ground and shrinks into him. The boy's eyes flicker open as he walks into Trog's.

Baeleck
2007-04-14, 04:09 AM
Ethrai flies into Trogs.

Castaras
2007-04-14, 04:53 AM
Jack slinks out of the slums, gloomy. Susto glances round the streets, before going into Trogs.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-14, 05:36 AM
The rogue creation walks through the streets, holding its head. It walks over to Trog's Tavern and stumbles inside.

gooddragon1
2007-04-14, 06:15 AM
*pop* Rathe appears in a second place somehow...

Move within 10 feet of Maph'tey
Manifest Affinity field
Manifest Body Adjustment Maximized (Augment 8) thats 108 pts of healing to anyone within 15 feet
Dismiss Affinity field

"Hi maph'tey, awesome fight, I can try a hypercognition if you want to find his phylacetry... anyway, I'll be at the station"

*pop* Rathe has teleported

Nevrmore
2007-04-14, 06:38 AM
The boy runs out of the tavern, tears streaming down his face, and rushes through the streets, not sure of where he is going.

Hitchhiker
2007-04-14, 09:22 AM
Luca leaps out of the Tavern and begins running down the streets, as if trying to escape from someone. This would seem likely, as his feet are bleeding and torn up terribly, and he tosses a glance back at the image of the kitten who is still hissing at him in the Tavern doorway. Groaning, he looks up and down the streets, and there's a sudden ringing thought in his head; he begins hopping towards The Temple of Inari, cradling one of his feet and cringing every step or so. "Gyah! Bloody cats!" He enters the Temple.
A few minutes later, he leaves, feet bandaged up with pieces of white cloth from his right sleeve. He walks back towards the Tavern and looks in the window, scanning the room for the kitten. Seeing that it has fallen asleep since its rage, he cautiously opens the door and steps back inside.

Rebonack
2007-04-14, 10:39 AM
Maph'tey sighs and does indeed snarf the rats. Of course, because their time-line isn't very long they aren't particularly filling. He still looks awful, but at least he isn't bleeding to death.

Of course, as with any form of 'magical' heal the body adjustment does absolutely nothing to fix him.

Since his player is leaving shortly Maph'tey decides to just sort to sit there amidst pools of his own beautifully crystallized blood.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-04-14, 11:24 AM
A herd of water buffalo come through the streets of Town and stand around Maph'tey.

Iames snaps out of dead time and looks around, puzzled at the inadequately explained presence of the buffalo.

AmberVael
2007-04-14, 12:01 PM
Verdandi sighs as she pulls out of dead time.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-14, 12:07 PM
Revenant lifts up and begins circling the streets from high above, like a vulture searching for corpses. He doesn't appear to be bothered by being in natural form in broad daylight, as from down there he only looks like an odd metal bird. A few drops of arsenic (his blood is State's, remember) rain down from his eyes as he flies, and crystallize upon hitting the ground.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-04-14, 12:09 PM
So, shall we continue looking for Aerin?

AmberVael
2007-04-14, 12:26 PM
Verdandi nods and takes his arm.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-04-14, 12:30 PM
Iames heads for the station.

Rebonack
2007-04-14, 12:31 PM
Maph'tey assumes that the random artiodactyls must be Plot's doing. Never one to turn down a meal that doesn't beg for mercy the monster proceeds to devour them.

Now, this doesn't involve ripping of chunks of their flesh and swallowing it. Instead he appears to be pulling something stand-like and insubstantial out of the animals and consuming that.

Upon having the whatever it is removed the poor beasts crumble away into nothing.

Vera, who due to her connection with Fate, probably notices the fact that they buffalo aren't just dieing, they're having their very existence annihilated.

AmberVael
2007-04-14, 12:33 PM
Verdandi walks off with Iames.

Rebonack
2007-04-14, 12:39 PM
After eating the entire heard.

Yes, every single one of them.

Maph'tey shifts back to his human shape. His wings are still tattered. His flesh is still gouged and bloodied. But he's slowly healing.

He limps off toward the station to file his report.

"I'm going to need to take it easy for a while..."

McBish
2007-04-14, 12:40 PM
Jo walks onto the streets from the beach and starts making her way to Trog's. She enters.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-14, 01:20 PM
Dressed as Namesake, State heads off to Queens', angrily mumbling something about being summoned by his own minions.

Minutes later, he exits and heads for K.N.A.V.E.S HQ, mumbling about a subway.

Revenant sets down, heavily robed, and enters Trogs.

Hitchhiker
2007-04-14, 02:18 PM
Luca steps from the Tavern and takes a deep breath, then begins looking up and down the streets. Not exactly sure of where to plant, he takes a moment's thought, and then annoyedly turns on his heel and marches back into Trog's.

darkblade
2007-04-14, 02:32 PM
Darkblade wanders aimlessly down the street looking for some criminal he can vent the pointless rage his little sister had built up with talk of a secret subway upon. "That has got to be the stupidest idea ever," he mumbles to himeslf 'No not letting me kill that elf bitch was,' Virus adds. "Actually bonding my soul to you probably was but the subway is a close second."

The Geomancer
2007-04-14, 02:55 PM
Aharon pops out of dead time, deep in though. He turns to his companions and says. We could go back to the church... Make it home even though Lues won't be there. Or we could, find someplace else. Aharon shifts closer to them.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-14, 04:19 PM
((Will do more when Sophistemon is on, Geo.))

Vedran appears not too far from Trog's Tavern, in a little allyway. He waits for Miss Sikka.

Lykan
2007-04-14, 04:21 PM
Sikka steps out of the portal as well. She looks around the allyway

It smells kinda funky here.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-14, 04:24 PM
Vedran laughs, "I believe that's called "how the commonfolk live." He grins, "Are you ready? The portal worked well for you, I assume?"

Lykan
2007-04-14, 04:27 PM
She grins

I seem to be all here... Yup.

She looks around

Let's go.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-14, 04:30 PM
"Very well, then, Miss Sikka," he offers her an stitched arm to hold onto.

Lykan
2007-04-14, 04:41 PM
She holds onto his arm and waits for him to proceed

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-14, 04:43 PM
Vedran nods and begins to walk with her along the way, chattering amiably about things as they pass buildings and people.

((To the Cemetary thread!))

Hitchhiker
2007-04-14, 04:54 PM
Luca steps from the Tavern and, whistling, begins walking up the street. There's a brief pause at the Town's gate as he rummages through his satchel, but after a few minutes he continues on his way.

McBish
2007-04-14, 04:58 PM
Jo leaves Trog's and heads towards the Haven.

Hitchhiker
2007-04-14, 05:03 PM
Luca returns from his brief departure from the countryside, takes a deep breath, and walks into Trog's.

Nevrmore
2007-04-14, 06:16 PM
Crucius jumps inot the streets from Trog's.

"Onus, soon as you see a big metal guy come outside, smash his ass." He orders.

Warpfire
2007-04-14, 06:20 PM
Sir Conviction runs out into the streets and heads over near Crucius. "Well, if we're going to be in less cramped confines, I've always preferred fighting on horseback." An infernal portal opens up near Conviction, and a black demonic steed trots out. Smoke drifts from its nostrils, and fire burns where its mane and hooves should be. Conviction leaps atop it.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-14, 06:24 PM
((Tell me, fellows. Would you be interested in her getting away this time and getting her the next time or would you like to end it now? I'm amiable to both.))

NecroPaladin
2007-04-14, 06:24 PM
((Because we were thinking of involving more people.))

Nevrmore
2007-04-14, 06:26 PM
((Let us have a fight that will rival anything that Rebonack and DEstro have ever done! BRING THEM OUT.))

Warpfire
2007-04-14, 06:27 PM
((Indeed. What Nevr said.))

NecroPaladin
2007-04-14, 06:28 PM
((Because you said so...))

"After you, Miss Iris."

Shortly after hearing this, Czar, Terrorem, and Conviction also detect the whistle of dozens of nails hurtling out of Trogs' doorway.

The Geomancer
2007-04-14, 06:28 PM
Czar Prohibition goes flying through the door from Trog's and lands in a sitting position outside. My HAND!! He screams shaking it to get Tabitha and the gears off.

Destro_Yersul
2007-04-14, 06:29 PM
((Let us have a fight that will rival anything that Rebonack and Destro have ever done! BRING THEM OUT.))

((I feel famous now. :smallbiggrin:))

NecroPaladin
2007-04-14, 06:29 PM
((My bad...Czar wouldn't hear the nails until...now.))

Nevrmore
2007-04-14, 06:30 PM
The nails rebound harmlessly off the heaviest metal known to anyone.

The huge hand of Onus sits protectively infront of his master and his master's friends, deflecting the nails.

"Are you kidding me?"

Warpfire
2007-04-14, 06:31 PM
Sir Conviction digs his heel into the steed's flank, which immediately gallops forward at impossible steeds and dodging most of the nails. One manages to graze the horse, which causes the animal more irritaion than harm.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-14, 06:31 PM
Evander walks outside, his eyes looking for all the world like the fires of hell. "I believe we have a score you feel needs settling. I would rather not fight you, but it is too late for that."

Tabitha is flung off of Czar's hand and conveniently into Evander's arms. "Hey, handsome," she laughs a little.

Iris steps out, her umbrella sharped and ready. She stratches her chin and looks at the street pointedly before leveling her gaze at the others. "We heard there was a fight going on and figured there might just be enough for all of us, darlings."

Nevrmore
2007-04-14, 06:32 PM
Onus immediately lifts his hand and tries to crush Evander with it.

The Geomancer
2007-04-14, 06:33 PM
Czar, having put down Tabitha because of her brutally attacking his fingers, turns to Revenant, and says, Oh, man I did not need this. He reaches out into a back pocket and brings out a small flask, which he swallows whole.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-14, 06:34 PM
With the sound of a machine gun, Revenant's wings unfold and he pulls countless new nails from them. Rhyme and Reason emerge.

"Unless you all wish painful ends,
I'd suggest you flee, and leave your friends."

"Well said, Rhyme."

Warpfire
2007-04-14, 06:35 PM
Sir Conviction turns his steed to face Iris. "You throw your lot in with the condemned, then?"

Nevrmore
2007-04-14, 06:35 PM
"Shut the hell up, mummy. Or do you want Onus to do what he did last time?"

NecroPaladin
2007-04-14, 06:37 PM
Revenant turns and flies up to Crucius.

"This time I'm not blind. And also, this should answer you."

Reason hurls a giant "HELL NO" at Crucius.

The Geomancer
2007-04-14, 06:38 PM
Czar Prohibition is on the ground, shaking. Spikes are growing along his spines. He now looks lithe, where before he looked bulky. Shaking his head he stands up. Suddenly he jumps 20 ft in the air before landing on Onus. He then ricochets off Onus and flies straight at Revenant.

Nevrmore
2007-04-14, 06:39 PM
Revenant and his crazy wingmen are going to find it exceedingly hard to hurt Crucius at a distance with Onus around. Just to prove this point,t he "HELL NO" sizzles into Onus' thick flesh rather than Crucius' weak, thin skin. Onus goes to swat Revenant right out of the air.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-14, 06:40 PM
Iris smiles widely taking in a deep, satisfied breath and turns to Revenant, "I see you're ready, darling? I've always wanted to send someone packing using an umbrella." She loops the umbrella lazily around her finger. She then turns to Conviction, "No, I throw my lot in with the people who aren't ganging up on a little girl."

"Evander, move!" Tabitha shouts, noticing the giant hand. He makes a shield for her using his arms and does an amazingly agile backstep out from under the hand's shadow. "Get inside," Evander commands.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-14, 06:41 PM
Revenant watches as Tom hurtles at him.

"Not aga-"

KA-FWAM!

((It's up to The Geomancer whether Onus hits both of us))

Warpfire
2007-04-14, 06:42 PM
Conviction smirks. "Appearances can be decieving." With this, he throws his spear like a javelin at Iris, aiming for what he hopes will be an easy first kill.

The Geomancer
2007-04-14, 06:43 PM
Tom slams into Revenant grasping him with his claws and jaws. Then Onus slams both of them into the Streets. They land in a heap of cracked cobblestones, and with Czar on top. He reaches back with a giant fist and tries to punch Revenant's face in.

Flabbicus
2007-04-14, 06:44 PM
Olbrecht steps through the tavern doors. He would deliberate over entering into the fray but he finds himself hopelessly outmatched.

(( What is Onus? ))

Nevrmore
2007-04-14, 06:45 PM
((Onus would be a giant dark-skinned humanoid who is mostly confined to moving about on all fours like an animal because he has two huge bricks of metal growing out of his hand that are the heaviest metal ever, ever.))

NecroPaladin
2007-04-14, 06:45 PM
Czar has exploited Revenant's weakness...his eye nails hammer into his head, and he howls in pain. Nails of all kinds shoot out of his body in self defense, and while Rhyme breathes fire on Czar, Reason strikes him repeatedly with his sword, formed into the word "BLEED."

Nevrmore
2007-04-14, 06:46 PM
Crucius charges towards Czar and Revenant, swining his bardiche so as to stab the undead in the side.

The Geomancer
2007-04-14, 06:49 PM
Tom flies backward with nails sticking out of him. The sword blows don't manage to puncture the Tom's scales until the last one, which is the one that sends him flying. ((Still don't understand what the spell words do so I'm just gonna ignore it, still he got hit pretty hard.)) Czar lands ten feet away, slightly dazed and bleeding on his right side.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-14, 06:50 PM
((The words are always a powerful magic sword and otherwise force shield, etc. They just spell out what Reason is saying, rather than him talking.))

The bardiche clangs off of Revenant's flesh, scarring the metal but doing no permanent damage.

"Oh now that's cheating, can't you see?
It's two on one...although we're three."

While Reason slashes away at Czar, Rhyme finishes his...rhyme...with a blast of flame at Crucius.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-14, 06:51 PM
Iris only smiles and commands the street beneath her quickly, "Protect me with a wall, now!" The earth shudders and shoots up, the cobble stones making a wall in between her and the spear. She then commands the umbrella, "You, get ready to take some hits, we're going into battle on this one." For some strange reason, the fabric of the umbrella becomes a good deal tighter, oddly enough looking stronger.

Tabitha nods and hops inside Evander, the chainmail hood sliding back for just a second. From inside an echoing voice can be heard, "Evander, help those two that are with us." Evander's hood flips up. "I'm more than ready." He runs to Czar and tries to throw a punch at the head again.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-14, 06:53 PM
((Okay, so now it's three on three...Let's get epic with this.))

The Geomancer
2007-04-14, 06:54 PM
Czar leaps out of danger, dodging Reason's sword thrusts and Evander's fist. He lands by Onus's fists. Czar takes a bite out of the super heavy metal. He then turns back towards Revenant and spits out about 250 pounds of molten metal at him.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-14, 06:56 PM
Tabitha makes a spell from inside the armour, peering out from behind Evander's eyes, creating a shield that looks like a mesh of gears to try and shield Revenant from the blast.

NecroPaladin
Having regained his sight (more or less), Revenant scrambles to put the attacking Crucius between him and the flying metal ball, hurling nails all the while.

Flabbicus
((Onus would be a giant dark-skinned humanoid who is mostly confined to moving about on all fours like an animal because he has two huge bricks of metal growing out of his hand that are the heaviest metal ever, ever.))

(( So basically don't mess with him. ))

A raven with half black and half white feathers lands on Olbrecht's shoulder.

Aren't you going to help him?
"I seem a bit outmatched here. I've used up most of my spells and I don't think I could really do anything to turn the tide-"
I see. Good, we don't want you doing anything stupid.
"...Thanks."

Warpfire
2007-04-14, 06:57 PM
The spear bounces off the wall, then suddenly appears in Conviction's hand.

Conviction, cursing, briefly debates charging Iris. Realizing his fellow KNAVEs are in combat with Revenant and Evander, he decides he needs to help them. This decided, he charges at Evander. The demonic steed roars with a roar no horse should make.

As Conviction reaches Evander, his horse rears up and attempts to stomp on the construct, while breathing fire out of its mouth and nose at him. Conviction goes for a stab at Evander's head.

Nevrmore
2007-04-14, 06:57 PM
Crucius laughs as the fire rolls right off him.

"I'm a pyrokineticist too, bitch!" He says while shooting a Bolt of Flame at any necrotic flesh sticking out.

The Geomancer
2007-04-14, 06:58 PM
Czar, eager to rip Revenant in half, runs away from Onus and levels his jaws at Revenant's chest, attempting to sink his teeth in him and knock him over at the same time. While he is running, he takes a nail in the arm, but he rips it out and keeps going.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-14, 06:59 PM
Just as Revenant's leg takes the hit, the fire is swallowed up by Rhyme. Taking to his wings from a sizzling foot, he screams like a banshee and begins to rain sewing needles (the size of daggers) down on Crucius and the arriving Czar.

Nevrmore
2007-04-14, 07:01 PM
"Holy crap! ONUS!!"

Several needles pierce Crucius before Onus' hand can block the path of the rest of the needles, the blades bouncing right off the metal of his hands.

"Arrg...you piece of shiite."

The Geomancer
2007-04-14, 07:03 PM
Czar takes the needles on his tough leathery head and most bounce off leaving little dents. One hits him over his eye though. FORK! MY EYE. He yells, he pulls the knife out of his eye and throws it to the ground. You are going to PAY for that you reanimated bastard! Czar leaps forward, again trying to Jaw Tackle Revenant.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-14, 07:05 PM
((Are you sure you guys want her alive? Sheesh.))

"Eep!" Tabitha ducks down into Evander. There is a ringing sound as spear his the back of his mail. However the eyes remain lit and there is really no change in Evander's expression. He reaches up a hand to block the hits from the steed. "That doesn't work quite as well as you might have hoped."

Iris moves over to the area roughly where Revenant is, but stops at the sight of the needles. "Um... I see you've got it covered darling." She then holds up her umbrella contemplatively. "Ah, hell." She holds it over herself and charges for Revenant, amazingly the needles are being deflected by the umbrella. "Street, block that croc!" A wall appears while Iris thinks, Damn... that rhymed...

NecroPaladin
2007-04-14, 07:07 PM
He comes just short ((He isn't rebounding and Revenant is flying)), and Revenant uses the opportunity to bombard him with more needles.

"Pay for it with what? My life? Ask State, I think he has it."

Warpfire
2007-04-14, 07:07 PM
((Conviction didn't notice Tabitha get in, as he was focusing on the person he threw a spear at.))

Conviction curses again as hears Tabitha and realizes she's inside the armor. He breathes a sigh of relief that he didn't kill her, then turns to charge towards where Revenant is flying in the air.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-14, 07:08 PM
Revenant who is outside melee range, mind you.

Revenant continues to rain hell down on the two-now-three KNAVES, confident that the umbrella will hold. Rhyme and reason bombard them with fire and big letters 'D', 'I', and 'E.'

The Geomancer
2007-04-14, 07:10 PM
Czar slams right through the wall, breaking it to pieces. I'm the juggernaut bitch! He turns the Iris. No one rhymes magic at me! I'm going to tear you apart. He leaps at her, trying to Jaw Tackle her this time.

Nevrmore
2007-04-14, 07:11 PM
Crucius closes his eyes and concentrates.

"Czar! Get out of here, now! At least 20 feet away!"

NecroPaladin
2007-04-14, 07:12 PM
((Revenant can hear you, too.))

"Miss Iris!"

Revenant stays close to Czar, bombarding him from above.

Warpfire
2007-04-14, 07:13 PM
Conviction throws his spear at Revenant, then speaks two harsh-sounding names. A pair of balors descend on Revenant from above, slashing and whipping with their flaming weapons.

Conviction dodges the letter, though it hits his steed who roars hellishly with pain. The pain stops as the steed somehow draws some of the descending fire into its mouth, apparently healing it.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-14, 07:15 PM
"Darling, don't worry about me, just keep an eye on the other one." Iris commands the street again to make a huge wall and slides somewhere behind it.

Evander however, moves to intercept Czar, using a shoulder tackle to try and throw him off.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-14, 07:15 PM
Revenant has to completely focus on the Balors to avoid getting hit; he ducks, weaves, and throws nails until they both look like pincusions, but leaves himself vulnerable and far from the main body of the fight.

The Geomancer
2007-04-14, 07:16 PM
Czar has a quick internal argument about whether to keep charging or turn around and run. Deciding that "Its raining knives"+"Crucius is going to blow this place up" Beats "Lets it that lady" He switches direction and jumps backwards covering 20 feet in a single leap. Unfortunately he takes a knife to the chest as he does this. Landing on his back far away, he starts coughing up blood on the spot. ****... this isn't good.

Warpfire
2007-04-14, 07:18 PM
The balors, despite being hit by many nails and looking in very bad condition, fight on. One flys at Revenant from behind, attempting to entangle him. The other slices at one of his wings.

Nevrmore
2007-04-14, 07:18 PM
Seeing Czar is out of the way, Crucius grins wickedly and casts Conflagration. A huge sphere of fire bursts outward from his body, covering 20 feet in barely a second or two.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-14, 07:20 PM
Revenant and the two balors are likely in that range. Unlike the balors, Revenant isn't fireproof. Screaming as the metal on his body turns red-hot, he whips out two icy nails...and lands on Crucius.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-14, 07:20 PM
The wall around Iris takes most of the force, but she holds up her umbrella and crouches down behind it.

Evander is worried momentarily, but Tabitha looks up, "I've got it!" She creates another see-through gear shield.

Warpfire
2007-04-14, 07:21 PM
Conviction makes his way over to the wounded Czar. "Czar! You alright?" Here's one portion of my Blackguard abilities I never thought I'd be using... He attempts a powerful cure spell on Czar.

The Geomancer
2007-04-14, 07:21 PM
Czar, not so badly wounded thanks to the Cure spell, starts barking out orders.
Conviction is right, we aren't prepared for this sort of fight, we need to get Tabitha and run.. Heck, take the entire contraption she is in if you have to. Czar gets up and eats the knife that is sticking out of his breast. He then leaps towards Evander, showering everyone he leaps over with blood from the various places he is now bleeding from. He angles his feet so that he will land standing over and pinning Evander.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-14, 07:22 PM
As Revenant raises the two nails, Reason hurls the word "DISMISSED" at the balors.

Nevrmore
2007-04-14, 07:23 PM
Crucius flips his bardiche around and swings it upward, trying to puncture Revenant through the chest.

Warpfire
2007-04-14, 07:24 PM
The balors are summarily dismissed and disappear, swearing that they'll tear Revenant limb from limb when next they arrive on the material plane, as balors are wont to do.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-14, 07:25 PM
Although he does succeed in striking Revenant, he doesn't pierce him fully. Rather, Revenant is suspended atop the thing, facedown. Still red-hot and angry, he hurls both of the nails straight down just as Rhyme exhales, trying to literally pin Crucius and then flash-weld him to the ground.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-14, 07:26 PM
Iris runs at Conviction, umbrella at the ready, "Don't tell me you're done already, darling."

Evander is hit and pinned to the ground, jarring Tabitha inside, "Unh..."

The Geomancer
2007-04-14, 07:28 PM
Still standing on top of Evander Czar reaches down and tries to pry off his helmet, with his teeth. Rip might be a better word. Or turn into molten hot scrap metal.

Warpfire
2007-04-14, 07:30 PM
Conviction turns his steed to face Iris and charges her. Like with Evander, his steed spouts fire at her, stomps on her, and Conviction stabs at her.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-14, 07:33 PM
Instead, the chainmail helm flattens against the hole in the armour before his teeth reach it, trying to seal it off a ways. And eerily, Evander is still able to speak, "I wouldn't try that." He tries to knee Czar in the stomach, or wherever his knees can reach.

Tabitha tries to heat the outside of Evander's body, an idea she got from Crucius. Gear patterns appears on the surface of the armour, each one scalding hot. "I'm not so keen on that either!"

Trying a new tactic, Iris calls out to the spear, "Spear, don't fight me." She backs away from the hooves and holds up the umbrella to block the flames.

((My bad, editted. And the spear should bend to her will unless it is sentient or he is magically commanding it. If it is the latter, it should work if her will wins against his.))

NecroPaladin
2007-04-14, 07:34 PM
Revenant continues to pour molten metal on Crucius, assuming he doesn't stop him.

Flabbicus
2007-04-14, 07:34 PM
Olbrecht sighs and, against his better judgement, unsheathes his sword. He steps forward and mutters to himself,

"I think it's time to get involved."
Fine.
"Both of us."
Very well.

The raven flies into the air and reality strains around it. Its shape twists and shifts until its shape solidifies into the form of a grey angel.

"Revenant, do you need any help with them?"

NecroPaladin
2007-04-14, 07:35 PM
"Need help? I don't know. Do I WANT help? Of course!"

The Geomancer
2007-04-14, 07:35 PM
Evander knees Czar in the tail, sending him pitching over Evander. Czar lands with his head touching the top of Evander's helm. He leans up and puts his mouth around the helm. If his mouth closes on the helm he will try to yank it off by twisting his body around

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-14, 07:37 PM
((There is no helm, just a hood. Which is pressed flat.))

The Geomancer
2007-04-14, 07:38 PM
((A hood? Well I guess Czar tries to rip that off. Whatever is making Tabitha unaccessible))

Nevrmore
2007-04-14, 07:39 PM
Crucius is nailed down.

((Would the molten metal count as fire?))

Rebonack
2007-04-14, 07:40 PM
((Lava does fire damage and it's molten rock. I say it would be. Oh and...

Go Evander! *waves a little flag*))

The Geomancer
2007-04-14, 07:41 PM
((Hey! where is the giant crocodile cheer squad?))

NecroPaladin
2007-04-14, 07:41 PM
((It's metal...Just really really hot metal. So if you're counting heat as fire...))

Guessing that Crucius is incapacitated...for now...Revenant lifts himself off the bardiche and hurls a railroad spike (six feet long, like the one that almost killed State) at Conviction, trying more than anything else to keep him away from Iris.

*Poof*

District begins cheering on Czar.

*tappity tap* "Go Czar! You're the best at not dying!" *tappity tap*

Nevrmore
2007-04-14, 07:42 PM
"Onus! kill them all!"

Onus does a sideways swipe of the entire fight scene. Nevrmore hopes his two compatriots will jump out the way in time.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-14, 07:43 PM
Instead, the Evander's hood flips back and a few sharp gears fly out, aiming for the eyes. "And stay out!" As soon as that is done, Evander quickly stands, preparing for a second assualt.

Iris looks at the oncoming metal blocks and veritably screams her command while staring at them, "YOU, STOP."

((Nevrmore, same deal applies. They'll try to resist the force that Onus gives them.))

Warpfire
2007-04-14, 07:44 PM
((Well, the spear is completely bound by magic to Conviction's soul and will, so I'm assuming that it will ignore the command. I'll edit if necessary.))

The spear doesn't seem effected by Iris's command and continues to head for her as Conviction stabs with it.

Conviction laughs. "Ha! You thought you could take command of the Grey Knight's Spear, in the hands of the Grey Knight's successor?" Though Iris probably doesn't know the meaning of the words, Conviction seems to think she should from the way he says it.

Conviction does a huge leap with his horse through the air and over Onus's hand. The leap also conveniently serves to dodge the railroad spike.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-14, 07:45 PM
Revenant doesn't even see the hand coming. He flies and smacks into the wall of Trog's Tavern, hard enough to shake the building.

He literally sticks to the wall before beginning to fall.

The Geomancer
2007-04-14, 07:45 PM
Czar is really lucky he is lying on the ground holding his poor bleeding eyes. Onus's hand passes right over him, without an inch to spare. Fork that little bitch I'm gonna forkin kill her!

Flabbicus
2007-04-14, 07:46 PM
"Ask a stupid question..."

Talons of gray energy manifest around Olbrecht's free hand and he charges towards Crucius with his sword at the ready. The talons of energy lance forth from his palm and attempt to vivisect anything that gets in his way.

Two rays of negative energy fire from the angel-raven-thing's palms at Onus.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-14, 07:47 PM
((Dude, Crucius is stuck to the ground. Go for one of the others.))

Nevrmore
2007-04-14, 07:47 PM
((Why are you running towards Crucius? He's pretty much incapacitated.))

Onus hand does not stop its swing, even with the negative energy and all the crap Ms. E's characters are doing.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-14, 07:48 PM
((Nope, it'll ignore it alright. That more than qualifies.))

Iris tries to dodge again, noticing it at the last minute from being distracted by Onus. However, she only partially succeeds and is hit in deep in the shoulder. "Hunh!... damn, that isn't exactly pleasant, darling..." She throws the umbrella to the other arm. The other she leaves mostly down since it has been weakened. She is, however, able to command the ground to sink down, and the hand passes her over.

Evander is bowled over by the hand, slamming Tabitha against the side of his chest.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-14, 07:49 PM
Revenant lies still on the ground. His wings, however, are still pointing up, and Rhyme and Reason unleash their respective attacks on Onus.

Nevrmore
2007-04-14, 07:50 PM
"Onus, you hit that metal guy? Grab him!"

Onus proceeds to try to do just that. His skin begins to burn and flay at Rhyme and Rason's attacks, but he is intent on his master's will.

Warpfire
2007-04-14, 07:50 PM
Conviction digs his heel into the horse's flanks and charges Iris. He makes no attacks and seems to be trying to simply run her down.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-14, 07:51 PM
((Which metal guy? Revenant's covered in steel nails...))

The Geomancer
Czar gets up and runs over to Evander again. He tries to pick Evander up, holding him in such a way that he will be directly under Evander, and safe from counterattacks. He should reach there first, and Onus will pick Evander up from Czar's back if the whole thing works out.

Flabbicus
((Why are you running towards Crucius? He's pretty much incapacitated.))

Onus hand does not stop its swing, even with the negative energy and all the crap Ms. E's characters are doing.

(( Dammit, I should be paying more attention. Retroactive edit. ))

Olbrecht charges towards Conviction and lets loose talons of energy. Just like he always was...

NecroPaladin
2007-04-14, 07:52 PM
Ryhme and Reason continue hurling letters and fireballs at Onus.

Nevrmore
2007-04-14, 07:52 PM
((If he was talking about Revenant, he would have said "police state." He means Evander.))

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-14, 07:53 PM
((Evander, I'd assume. Onus might be confused, though...))

Iris commands the ground, "Sink and cover me." At her request, the stones recede into the ground and she ducks down, holding her umbrella over her as the ground covers her up again, making a little mound in the street.

Evander tries to take ahold of Czar's arm, this time prepared to do some damage. Tabitha lies stunned in his chest.

The Geomancer
2007-04-14, 07:57 PM
Czar grabs Evander's hand in return, trying to crush it like a can. Meanwhile he tries to yank Evander closer to Onus's approaching hand.

Warpfire
Conviction was preparing to jump the mound when the talons of energy tear into him. One hits him, and another hits the mount. Both are distracted and the demonic steed trips and stumbles, sending Conviction flying. Conviction lands on his face. The longspear clatters to the ground a few feet away.

NecroPaladin
After more hurling projectiles at Onus, Rhyme speaks.

"In our best interest it would be
To take our host and then to flee."

Reason nods, spells out the word "DIG," and shortly thereafter, Revenant's underground in close proximity to Iris.

Flabbicus
2007-04-14, 08:01 PM
The knight charges straight towards Conviction. He tightens his grip on his sword and swipes down at Conviction when he's down.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-14, 08:02 PM
Tabitha recovers herself, "Evander, it's time for plan B."
Evander struggles under Czar's force, "Plan... B?"
"Yep. Hold on a minute." In the fray, no one could notice the tiny click that she makes inside his body, although, on the outside, Evander's knuckles become spiked, possibly where Czar has his hands located. "And one more thing. Detach your hand." Evander does so without question and rolls out of the way, turning Tabitha upside down a few times, "Watch it!"

Iris commands the mound to relaese her, she looks up and moves to the steed, "Come now, you don't need this, do you, darling?" She makes to stab the horse with the point of the umbrella.

Warpfire
2007-04-14, 08:04 PM
Conviction rolls over and realizes there's an angry knight charging out at him. Assuming that he is the one who shot the energy talons, Conviction screams, "You bastard! You will burn in the fires of hell!" The blackguard outstreches arms and turns his palms to face Olbrecht. A large gout of hellfire spit out of them and head for the knight.

The horse takes the stab, then turns and rams its head at Iris. The beast breathes fire at her at the same time.

The Geomancer
2007-04-14, 08:06 PM
The spikes dig into Czar and he snarls angrily. He throws the hand to the side. He then takes a running jump and leaps on to Onus's back, where he yells out. Let's get out of here, we coudn't beat Revenant together, we won't beat with now. We can get the little bitch later. ((I got to go.))

NecroPaladin
2007-04-14, 08:08 PM
Slowly but surely, Revenant emerges from the ground, limp. Reason precedes him, wielding the word "SURFACE." Rhyme mockingly blows a flaming goodbye kiss at Czar, which hurtles like a meteor at him.

((Wow...I was listening to the Steamboy soundtrack during that little three-page brawl. It fit. Quite well.))

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-14, 08:09 PM
Evander recalls the hand, Tabitha's enchantments allowing it. It reconnects with a snap. "Why didn't I know about this?"

"Um... it was a birthday surprise?" Tabitha kids.

Iris opens the umbrella to try and block the flames, although it starts to singe the bottom of her long skirt.

Flabbicus
2007-04-14, 08:10 PM
Olbrech cries out in pain as the fire surrounds him. The char-broiled knight falls to the ground.

"You are not the one who decides my fate!"

He outstretches his arm and fires negative energy back at the blackguard.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-14, 08:14 PM
Revenant grunts and tries to crawl over to Iris while Rhyme and Reason still engage fullheartedly in the fray.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-14, 08:15 PM
Iris notices Revenant and looks a bit shocked. She carefully moves the umbrella to slash against the horse's face, hoping to finish him off in order to move over to Revenant. "Darling, I'll be there, just hold on."

Nevrmore
2007-04-14, 08:21 PM
Giant hand = still going for Evander and Tabitha.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-14, 08:22 PM
Various fire and flying words=still going for giant hand, but he can probably shrug them off.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-14, 08:22 PM
((Thought we'd rolled out of the way. *cough* Ms E needs to be more specific apparently.))

Iris finally commands the ground, "Streets, sink the horse." If nothing else, the ground blocks the flame and Iris is able to move now. She hurries to Revenant, looking pretty concerned, "Darling, you alright?"

NecroPaladin
2007-04-14, 08:31 PM
Still face down, Revenant comments, "Well, at least I'm not dead."
He turns his face up, whimsically. "Oh, wait."
He then gets serious again, moving his wings around to protect them both.
"Quite honestly, though, I think my leg's broken. Normally that wouldn't be too bad, but I'm pretty much at a loss for magic."

He tries to hold himself up and falls again, his face impacting the ground rather nastily.

"Ow."

Flabbicus
2007-04-14, 08:32 PM
(( Aw, Warpguy777 went offline. Stupid Dead Time. ))

Olbrecht waits patiently as pieces of charred skin fall off of his body.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-14, 08:34 PM
((Well, I'm assuming that except for you two, the battle's all but over...Czar's fleeing, Terrorem's incapacitated, and Onus can't a chase fleeing Evander for long, I wouldn't think.))

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-14, 08:35 PM
"Well, darling, it looks like they're retreating..." She looks over at Tabitha and Evander, "You two got it covered, darlings?"

Evander nods and Tabitha can be heard, piping up, "Yep, all good. Thanks so much for the help! We'll keep the rest of them off your tail!"

Iris smiles and nods before looking down at Revenant. She puts her good arm around him and starts to tug upwards, "Lean on me, darling, we can make it to a healer."