PDA

View Full Version : Life and Times at East Marshall High - IC Thread III: We Like It When People Watch

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

The TechnoGnome
2015-04-06, 07:32 PM
With these photos, I'm applying for a restraining order. Jill, can your mom drive me down to whereever I go for that. I don't want to ask my parents. Becca stated.

"What photos?" one of the reporters asked. She looked over Becca's shoulder and winces, "Oh wow, that's kind of creepy. And that's coming from the girl who was lurking charities to find some of you guys for Penelope, so I know creepy when I see it."

This is a bad idea, Claire. Sparing us by ruining another? I hate what he is doing as much as anyone else, but this is not the way to get him to leave us alone. Besides, what is going to happen to all of us, if we supply your dited version to the school and then bring a different version to the principal? We will just be 'making stuff up' again. this time, with evidence of our slander. Suki turned back to the newspaper club.

Those of you who do not want to be involved with this have a better option. Speak out against George and what he has been putting you through. Tell the truth to the student body. Tell them about George's slander and blatant abuse of power.

I am in favor of Suki's option of simply telling the truth to all appropriate authority figures and the student body as a while. I believe Becca was also in favor of 'go to the principal' with it. Speaking of which, Becca, did you get the original story copied to your drive already?

Maya, being Maya, simply preferred to shine the brightest of lights on the darkest of deeds and let them sort themselves out.

"Yeah, we're definitely not slandering George" Jill chimes in with the others. "I think Becca's suggestion is best--even if the principal didn't listen before, he'll have to with these pictures. These are definitely the product of stalking."

The words of the three sophomores carry a lot of weight among the students. One by one, the members of the newspaper club slowly begin going back to work, though it's obvious that they have a new purpose, a new goal: reporting the truth on George and his rampant abuse of power.

Claire pulled out her phone and began dialing as she replied to Sakuya. "His last story centered on Becca. I believe she was a target of opportunity however. He went out of his way to implicate us however. But that makes sense considering our actions," she admitted. "I will do a quick look through his notes. One moment. I need to make a call on the other line."

Finishing dialing, Claire spoke to the new party. "Hello. Walter? This is Claire Archer. I need you to come by the school and pick up some evidence for a restraining order. ...no not for me. Well not just me. We may need as many as eight depending on what people want to do. ...yes it is that bad. Come by quickly please. Thank you." Dropping that line, Claire turned to Becca and Jill. A" lawyer is enroute. You do not need to go out of your way to get the order issued. I will take care of it."

After erasing all of her work on both the laptop and the entire club network, Claire got to work. Let us see what he was working on this week. And this month. And this year for that matter. Perhaps there was a tipping point. At the very least she may be able to delete anything personally incriminating before anyone saw it.

As she looked through the archives, Claire began to see that George's decline in journalistic integrity began early in the school year, though two events in particular seem to have been major trigger points: the threats that Sakuya, Claire, and Suki made to him earlier in the day, and something that happened about a week after the concert, though Claire couldn't find out exactly what said event was. In addition, there are a couple of corrupted image files on the computer that refuse to open. It seems that they were in mid-upload when George yanked the USB drive out of the computer.

"Wonderful. So, he has been pestering me about my sister. Eventually things got physical, and I didn't trust him to not do something when I let him up. I'm going to take him to the nurse before anything too serious happens." And with that, she grabs the boy's legs and starts dragging him back to the school.

"Here, let me help," Robert said as he grabbed George's arms and lifted up. The USB drive that George was holding fell out of his now limp hand and into the grass. Robert let go of one of George's arms so he could pick it up, "What'd he have this for?"

"Ich bin im zweiten Jahr, Schweinehund!" Molly shouts as she pulls herself off the ground and begins running again. "Und Sie können den Laptop bis es von mir aus zu schieben!"

As she runs, she pulls her cellphone out of her pocket and dials 911. Once she hears the tone, she shouts, "I just saw somebody chasing after a student behind East Marshall High. I didn't know where the RO was, and this seemed quicker than trying to find him."

The lady on the other hand sounds a little unsure of what to make of this, "Alright, but if I send police, it might be a while before they show up. Have you told a teacher about this?"

Molly still hasn't managed to find Sakuya, though she's at least made it to the front of the school.

Esprit15
2015-04-06, 08:00 PM
"Thanks." Sakuya keeps dragging the guy, slowing as George lets go to grab the drive. "Probably whatever he was working on before we came in. Papers, stalker pictures, etc."

Illven
2015-04-06, 08:07 PM
Yeah.... Before it was just... you know pissed at George for possibly outing them. Now.... I'm kinda scared. Becca admitted.

Oh sorry. Becca Himura. She stated holding out a hand for a handshake.

Anubis Dread
2015-04-06, 08:10 PM
There was nothing on the laptop about him suspecting she started the rumos about him and Mr. Parker. Either he had not suspect, had not committed his suspicions to writing or had the notations on the ubs drive. Whichever of those three scenarios seemed more likely it meant that she was in the clear for now. At the absolute least she did not need to raise suspicion by deleting files form the laptop with the others around.

Claire sighed, resting her head in her hands. Sakuya had taken care of George. Becca was taking the drive to the principal. There was no evidence. She could almost relax. Almost. This was an opportunity she could not miss. Once she had sown the seeds for her future endevours she could simply rest and be with Jill. She desperately needed to just hold Jill closely right now. Her nerves were frayed. Her mouth was dry. Her head ached from trying to keep up with events. It was unpleasant.

"What are we going to do with them?" Claire asked the others with a concerned frown. As though she did not already know where she would lead the conversation. "Even though George being thrown out of the club is inevitable at this stage some may still have his ideals. We need someone in charge who can actually control things. Someone with a small amount of ethics. ...Maya? Did you not say to Penelope you wished the paper was run differently?" Claire 'realized'.

The TechnoGnome
2015-04-06, 08:58 PM
Yeah.... Before it was just... you know pissed at George for possibly outing them. Now.... I'm kinda scared. Becca admitted.

Oh sorry. Becca Himura. She stated holding out a hand for a handshake.

The girl shakes her hand, "Kayley Wakefield. Uh, sorry about that, by the way. The whole picture thing, I mean."

"Thanks." Sakuya keeps dragging the guy, slowing as George lets go to grab the drive. "Probably whatever he was working on before we came in. Papers, stalker pictures, etc."

"Ah," Robert says as he pockets it, "Well, we can look at that later. Right now, we go to the nurses'." He picks up George again and helps Sakuya carry him into the building, "What do we tell the others? I mean, Jill, Suki, and Maya are already on your ass about the knife. How am I supposed to explain finding you choking a guy in the schoolyard?"

There was nothing on the laptop about him suspecting she started the rumos about him and Mr. Parker. Either he had not suspect, had not committed his suspicions to writing or had the notations on the ubs drive. Whichever of those three scenarios seemed more likely it meant that she was in the clear for now. At the absolute least she did not need to raise suspicion by deleting files form the laptop with the others around.

Claire sighed, resting her head in her hands. Sakuya had taken care of George. Becca was taking the drive to the principal. There was no evidence. She could almost relax. Almost. This was an opportunity she could not miss. Once she had sown the seeds for her future endevours she could simply rest and be with Jill. She desperately needed to just hold Jill closely right now. Her nerves were frayed. Her mouth was dry. Her head ached from trying to keep up with events. It was unpleasant.

"What are we going to do with them?" Claire asked the others with a concerned frown. As though she did not already know where she would lead the conversation. "Even though George being thrown out of the club is inevitable at this stage some may still have his ideals. We need someone in charge who can actually control things. Someone with a small amount of ethics. ...Maya? Did you not say to Penelope you wished the paper was run differently?" Claire 'realized'.

"Wait, hold up!" one of the other reporters says, "What gives you the right to choose how we run our club?"

Anubis Dread
2015-04-06, 09:03 PM
"Wait, hold up!" one of the other reporters says, "What gives you the right to choose how we run our club?"

Claire slowly stands up from the computer, crosses her arms and glares. A glare that caused nearby screens to freeze over. And LED display froze solid. The pet hamstar in the room next door began to hibernate.

"I will tell you what gives me the right," she begins coldly. "Your current leader attempted to publish lies and slander about myself and my friends. All of you went along with it. In addition I am guessing the leader of this club is decided democratically. If so then you all are responsible for putting him in power. Only one person other than ourselves tried to talk George down. Put simply I do not trust you. ANY of you," she emphasizes. "If the newspaper club is not to be erased from this world for being a cesspool of gosspip and perversion a fresh perspective and direction is needed. A leader who is not currently a member of the club."

Illven
2015-04-06, 09:04 PM
Becca leans over to face the challenge to her friend.

I believe my friend is just concerned and stressed, and wants someone she'll know for a fact won't produce these pictures in the future.

She turns back to Kayley Wakefield.

Do you have anyone in mind. She whispers.

DoctorFaust
2015-04-06, 09:06 PM
"Oh. That's, um, that's actually a lot better idea. Sorry!" Molly thinks for a second, and then adds, "But do you know if the East Marshall SRO is still on duty? Wouldn't it be better to go to him than a teacher?"

Angelalex242
2015-04-06, 09:16 PM
Claire slowly stands up from the computer, crosses her arms and glares. A glare that caused nearby screens to freeze over. And LED display froze solid. The pet hamstar in the room next door began to hibernate.

"I will tell you what gives me the right," she begins coldly. "Your current leader attempted to publish lies and slander about myself and my friends. All of you went along with it. In addition I am guessing the leader of this club is decided democratically. If so then you all are responsible for putting him in power. Only one person other than ourselves tried to talk George down. Put simply I do not trust you. ANY of you," she emphasizes. "If the newspaper club is not to be erased from this world for being a cesspool of gosspip and perversion a fresh perspective and direction is needed. A leader who is not currently a member of the club."

We all said that, at this point. My personal advice was more about improving her craft then how she does things.

Maya does look that little bit exhausted, as her overworking of herself continues to make itself manifest in her face.

Amaril
2015-04-06, 09:20 PM
Fretting for several seconds over what to do, Jill finally steps closer to Claire and taps her on the shoulder to get her attention. "Come on, Claire, they've got a point" she mutters below the hearing of the others. "I get that they really haven't been acting okay, but you really don't get to decide what they do now. If you're concerned about who's in charge, it'd probably be better to bring it up with the staff when we go to them...I get that you don't trust Parker, but it doesn't have to be him we go to, and even if it was, with the evidence we've got now, they're not gonna be able to get out of seriously doing something about this."

Anubis Dread
2015-04-06, 09:30 PM
Jill was whispering in her ear. And was wrong. She needed to be safe. It was not safe her anymore. If she was not safe she could not rest. And if she could not rest... that was not desirable. She needed to make things right. She needed to make things so that she did not have to worry about gossipy. Or teachers. Or...

"I am tired," Claire sighed quietly, half-embracing Jill and half-collapsing on top of her. "I do not like doing things like this. It is tiring. It hurts. It makes me feel bad. But I am even more tired of being afraid at school. It used to be fun to go to school. But now it is scary. There are people here who want to make me hurt and I cannot handle it..."

The TechnoGnome
2015-04-06, 09:40 PM

After this monologue, the members of the club begin talking amongst themselves. From what you can pick up, it seems that some of them actually agree with Claire, while others are adamant in maintaining their sovereignty.

Becca leans over to face the challenge to her friend.

I believe my friend is just concerned and stressed, and wants someone she'll know for a fact won't produce these pictures in the future.

She turns back to Kayley Wakefield.

Do you have anyone in mind. She whispers.

Kayley shrugged, "I dunno, honestly. Most of the people here are my friends and I could see a couple of them doing a great job, but like that girl said, it might be time for a new start."

We all said that, at this point. My personal advice was more about improving her craft then how she does things.

Maya does look that little bit exhausted, as her overworking of herself continues to make itself manifest in her face.

"Well, what's your solution to this, then?" One of the others ask.

"Oh. That's, um, that's actually a lot better idea. Sorry!" Molly thinks for a second, and then adds, "But do you know if the East Marshall SRO is still on duty? Wouldn't it be better to go to him than a teacher?"

"I can't really say. I'm sorry."

At that moment, Mr. Parker walked out of his classroom and saw Molly dashing through the halls. "No running in the halls," he said sternly, though he looks distracted and troubled at the moment.

DoctorFaust
2015-04-06, 09:44 PM
"Sorry," Molly replies hurriedly into her cellphone. "I actually did just find someone who could help me. Thanks for answering!"

She flips the phone closed, and turns to Mr. Parker. "Sorry sir. I wouldn't be, only I just saw Sakuya Himura running after George Ishikawa. And it looked like she wanted to hurt him."

Angelalex242
2015-04-06, 09:49 PM
"Well, what's your solution to this, then?" One of the others ask.

Call a vote amongst yourselves. Who among you would you trust to do the right thing if somebody uncovered very damaging information about you or your family?

Maya didn't ask 'who writes the best stories.' She asked, 'who would you trust?' There is a reason for that.

Illven
2015-04-06, 09:51 PM
Clearly, I should run it. I have taken his seat, and if it were a throne, I'd have conquered it. Becca replied in jest.

The TechnoGnome
2015-04-06, 10:04 PM
Call a vote amongst yourselves. Who among you would you trust to do the right thing if somebody uncovered very damaging information about you or your family?

Maya didn't ask 'who writes the best stories.' She asked, 'who would you trust?' There is a reason for that.

There wasn't a unified response. Apparently, none of them were sure which of their peers they could actually trust.

Clearly, I should run it. I have taken his seat, and if it were a throne, I'd have conquered it. Becca replied in jest.

"Well, you do have that hero cred going for you," Hayley teased, "And the sympathy vote. But seriously, this sucks. We didn't really have any sort of hierarchy or protocol set up for this sort of thing."

"Sorry," Molly replies hurriedly into her cellphone. "I actually did just find someone who could help me. Thanks for answering!"

She flips the phone closed, and turns to Mr. Parker. "Sorry sir. I wouldn't be, only I just saw Sakuya Himura running after George Ishikawa. And it looked like she wanted to hurt him."

Mr. Parker face seemed to be revitalized at the mention of Sakuya assaulting someone, "Really? It's a good thing you came to me then, Ms. Ackermann. Where are they now?"

Illven
2015-04-06, 10:09 PM
"Well, you do have that hero cred going for you," Hayley teased, "And the sympathy vote. But seriously, this sucks. We didn't really have any sort of hierarchy or protocol set up for this sort of thing."

Look I have this hat. Why don't each of you put down a name, put it into the hat, and I'll pick one, and that one is emperor..... But I'm claiming this seat. Becca teased.

Amaril
2015-04-06, 10:19 PM
Jill returns Claire's embrace fully and holds on tight. "Sweetie, I..." Her throat constricts around the words. She wants to say something helpful, something to comfort Claire, but what words can even accomplish that? It's not as though Claire's fears aren't legitimate. She might have said earlier that everyone was overreacting to all the drama, but with these developments...
Well, the least she can do is try to calm her down for the moment, even if it doesn't really solve anything else. "Hey, look" she whispers, "I know you're scared, and I know it seems like everything sucks, but we're going to make this okay, alright? Everyone who wants to do that to you, they're not the majority, there are other people who can stop them. We're gonna get those restraining orders, George won't be able to get near you. And if he or anyone else tries to hurt you" she adds, surprised at the conviction in her own voice, "I swear I'll do every possible thing I can to make sure they regret it." She thinks about letting go, but on second thought just stays where she is.
Over Claire's shoulder, she sees Becca put forth the suggestion about the hat. "You know what?" she says out loud, "right now, that actually sounds like a good idea. Can you guys agree on doing it that way?"

Esprit15
2015-04-06, 10:21 PM
Sakuya shrugs. "I don't know... Tell them I started yelling at him and he tried to throw a punch? ...yeah, that could work. Here," she says, dropping George's legs, turning the side of her face to Robert. "Hit me. I need something real looking."

DoctorFaust
2015-04-06, 10:23 PM
"I-I don't know. The last time I saw them, they were running away from the newspaper club's room, but, well, I kinda got turned around, and I don't know where they could be by now." Molly gazes down at her feet, and begins tracing lines with her foot. "If I had to guess, either still around that side of the building or headed towards the nurse."

Anubis Dread
2015-04-06, 10:48 PM
Jill returns Claire's embrace fully and holds on tight. "Sweetie, I..." Her throat constricts around the words. She wants to say something helpful, something to comfort Claire, but what words can even accomplish that? It's not as though Claire's fears aren't legitimate. She might have said earlier that everyone was overreacting to all the drama, but with these developments...
Well, the least she can do is try to calm her down for the moment, even if it doesn't really solve anything else. "Hey, look" she whispers, "I know you're scared, and I know it seems like everything sucks, but we're going to make this okay, alright? Everyone who wants to do that to you, they're not the majority, there are other people who can stop them. We're gonna get those restraining orders, George won't be able to get near you. And if he or anyone else tries to hurt you" she adds, surprised at the conviction in her own voice, "I swear I'll do every possible thing I can to make sure they regret it." She thinks about letting go, but on second thought just stays where she is.
Over Claire's shoulder, she sees Becca put forth the suggestion about the hat. "You know what?" she says out loud, "right now, that actually sounds like a good idea. Can you guys agree on doing it that way?"

Claire was not one for self-pity. It was unproductive. It made the issue worst. But actual pity from someone she cared about... did not feel the same way. It was instead comforting. It made her feel warm. Not happy. She was not exactly in a happy mood. But it made things far more bearable than she would have expected from a simple speech and embrace. These were not empty words. The words themselves could be off or wrong and it would not matter. It mattered that Jill was the one saying them.

Holding Jill tight, Claire closed her eyes and took some deep breaths. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. Opening her eyes, Claire gave Jill a small smile before loosening her hold and turning to Becca. Loosening, not letting go. "Agreed. The sooner we have a new leader of the club the less likely George will somehow be able to weasel his way back into the spot," Claire agreed. She no longer cared who the leader was. Jill was correct. They could deal with any issues as they came. She did not need to put her own figure head in the club. She would survive no matter who the successor was.

Angelalex242
2015-04-06, 10:54 PM
There wasn't a unified response. Apparently, none of them were sure which of their peers they could actually trust.

Alright...if there were one person in school you would trust, who would that be? See if that person is available.

Maya, still sort of exhausted looking.

Lentrax
2015-04-07, 12:09 AM
Suki, just happy to see that George was not going to be in charge anymore, seemed content to just stand back and watch the others figure out what to do. They seemed to have a better handle on it than she would have anyway.

At least it seems to finally be over. Tell you what. Pizza's on me tonight.

The TechnoGnome
2015-04-07, 12:30 AM
Look I have this hat. Why don't each of you put down a name, put it into the hat, and I'll pick one, and that one is emperor..... But I'm claiming this seat. Becca teased.

"Agreed. The sooner we have a new leader of the club the less likely George will somehow be able to weasel his way back into the spot," Claire agreed. She no longer cared who the leader was. Jill was correct. They could deal with any issues as they came. She did not need to put her own figure head in the club. She would survive no matter who the successor was.

Kayley shrugged, "I suppose that's as good a method as any."

The others seem hesitant to agree, but they really have no better options available to them, so they start discussing who they want to put their name in.

Alright...if there were one person in school you would trust, who would that be? See if that person is available.

Maya, still sort of exhausted looking.

"Well, there was that girl George drove off, but I'm not sure she's leadership material..."

"Oh! I know this one cheerleader who's great at leadership! She could do it!"

"Nah man, that won't work. I say keep it in the family. George's sister would probably do a decent job. What was her name... Jenny? Janice? Something with a 'J' sound..."

"I-I don't know. The last time I saw them, they were running away from the newspaper club's room, but, well, I kinda got turned around, and I don't know where they could be by now." Molly gazes down at her feet, and begins tracing lines with her foot. "If I had to guess, either still around that side of the building or headed towards the nurse."

Mr. Parker's eyes narrowed in determination, "Very well. Follow me, Ms. Ackermann. We'll attempt to intercept them on the way to the nurse's office." He starts walking as he effectively dragged Molly along, "I'm surprised you came to me, Ms. Ackermann, especially after the altercation yesterday morning. Why the sudden change of heart?"

Sakuya shrugs. "I don't know... Tell them I started yelling at him and he tried to throw a punch? ...yeah, that could work. Here," she says, dropping George's legs, turning the side of her face to Robert. "Hit me. I need something real looking."

Robert's eyes went wide, "Whoa, wait, what? Are you seriously asking me that?" He sets George's legs down, "This is insane! You're my friend! ARe you sure this is the only way to do it?

Illven
2015-04-07, 12:36 AM
Absolutely not, George's family. If anyone's going to come after us, for ruining her brother's school life, it'll be her. Becca stated loud.

Anubis Dread
2015-04-07, 12:43 AM
"This is a lottery. There should not be too much discussion," Claire noted. "Just write the name that comes to mind down without consulting the others. If someone has a clear support they will likely be chosen. There is no need to over complicate things. If we do it will delay the pizza," she could not help but give a small smile to Suki. That did sound rather nice just then.

Taking her own advice, Claire let go of Jill to write down Maya's name on a piece of paper, folded it, then put it in the hat. "Since it is a lottery I think we also deserve a chance?" she asked the club as she stepped back to Jill and gave her a small peck on the cheek. Before continuing on in a whisper to her. "Thank you. You are amazing," she confessed with a small blush. Despite having given up on any long term plans to 'salt their fields' she still believed Maya the best for the job. She could do some good with the paper. What's more if she was forced to take up the paper as a project she could let some of her charities slide since she was helping them in another sense. It would be a net decrease of her work load.

Esprit15
2015-04-07, 01:06 AM
"Yeah, it's fine. I've taken worse. Look, I need something to justify this. If he hit me, it's not just a matter of protecting reputations of friends. Would it be easier if I hit you first?" She seems entirely honest. "Most people don't want to hit a friend unless they get hit first."

Angelalex242
2015-04-07, 01:10 AM
"Well, there was that girl George drove off, but I'm not sure she's leadership material..."

"Oh! I know this one cheerleader who's great at leadership! She could do it!"

"Nah man, that won't work. I say keep it in the family. George's sister would probably do a decent job. What was her name... Jenny? Janice? Something with a 'J' sound..."

First...call the girl that was driven off...Penelope, by chance?...back. This vote should not be taken without her. She has a voice too, and it should be heard.

Maya didn't agree with her writing a love corner without first experiencing love, but she was still a part of the paper team.

The TechnoGnome
2015-04-07, 01:35 AM
Absolutely not, George's family. If anyone's going to come after us, for ruining her brother's school life, it'll be her. Becca stated loud.

"Hey, don't we have a say in who we vote for?" the guy said, clearly ticked off, "If I want Jenice or whatever to take charge, why shouldn't I be able to vote for her? Or is this just a way for you to decide while giving us the illusion of free choice?"

"This is a lottery. There should not be too much discussion," Claire noted. "Just write the name that comes to mind down without consulting the others. If someone has a clear support they will likely be chosen. There is no need to over complicate things. If we do it will delay the pizza," she could not help but give a small smile to Suki. That did sound rather nice just then.

Taking her own advice, Claire let go of Jill to write down Maya's name on a piece of paper, folded it, then put it in the hat. "Since it is a lottery I think we also deserve a chance?" she asked the club as she stepped back to Jill and gave her a small peck on the cheek. Before continuing on in a whisper to her. "Thank you. You are amazing," she confessed with a small blush. Despite having given up on any long term plans to 'salt their fields' she still believed Maya the best for the job. She could do some good with the paper. What's more if she was forced to take up the paper as a project she could let some of her charities slide since she was helping them in another sense. It would be a net decrease of her work load.

Hayley nodded, "Yeah, I guess you guys do deserve a say, after everything that's happened."

First...call the girl that was driven off...Penelope, by chance?...back. This vote should not be taken without her. She has a voice too, and it should be heard.

Maya didn't agree with her writing a love corner without first experiencing love, but she was still a part of the paper team.

One of the other students rushed out of the room. A few minutes later, they brought in Heather, looking quite disheveled and like she had been crying, "Is it true? George is gone?"

"Yeah, it's fine. I've taken worse. Look, I need something to justify this. If he hit me, it's not just a matter of protecting reputations of friends. Would it be easier if I hit you first?" She seems entirely honest. "Most people don't want to hit a friend unless they get hit first."

"Maybe? I dunno. Look, this just a lot for me to take in at once, alright? Punching people isn't really something I do. Like, ever."

Esprit15
2015-04-07, 01:49 AM
Sakuya sighs. "Okay." And so Sakuya slams a fist into Robert's gut. "Better? I can go harder if it helps."

Angelalex242
2015-04-07, 02:09 AM
One of the other students rushed out of the room. A few minutes later, they brought in Heather, looking quite disheveled and like she had been crying, "Is it true? George is gone?"

Yes, Heather, he's gone...and if the lot of you link arms, he will not be returning, regardless of whether faculty takes action. He has no more place here, unless you allow him one. I trust that you will not.

As much as Maya preaches forgiveness, she can only forgive him for what he's done to her personally. Everyone around her, however...must make that decision themselves.

Lentrax
2015-04-07, 02:24 AM
"Hey, don't we have a say in who we vote for?" the guy said, clearly ticked off, "If I want Jenice or whatever to take charge, why shouldn't I be able to vote for her? Or is this just a way for you to decide while giving us the illusion of free choice?"

Suki's pigtails swish across her outlandish outfit as she turns to the surly boy. Vote for whoever you wish. If there is a clear majority, you will have a new club president. If there isn't, we will take the names of the two most popular and you can vote for one of them. However, I don't know any of you, so I am not taking part in any of this. The only illusion here is the illusion you have of us controlling you. We do not. George tried to control us, and ruin our lives. And he would have taken your credibility right down into the mud with him. The only difference between you and us is that we decided to take action to the injustice perpetrated in our names. We didn't want things to turn out this way. But they did, and now we have to deal with the aftermath. Together.

DoctorFaust
2015-04-07, 08:11 AM
Mr. Parker's eyes narrowed in determination, "Very well. Follow me, Ms. Ackermann. We'll attempt to intercept them on the way to the nurse's office." He starts walking as he effectively dragged Molly along, "I'm surprised you came to me, Ms. Ackermann, especially after the altercation yesterday morning. Why the sudden change of heart?"

"Mr. Parker, to be honest, I was trying to find our SRO, but I couldn't. You were around, and I didn't want to see Sakuya get away with anything, especially if it's as serious as assault."

The TechnoGnome
2015-04-07, 12:12 PM
"Mr. Parker, to be honest, I was trying to find our SRO, but I couldn't. You were around, and I didn't want to see Sakuya get away with anything, especially if it's as serious as assault."

"Ah, 'the enemy of my enemy' scenario then," Mr. Parker says, "Wise girl. You've always been one of the clever ones, Ms. Ackermann."

The two of them arrive at the nurses' office. Mr. Parker turns to Molly, "It seems we have arrived here before they have. No matter... if there was a fight, one of the two will come here eventually."

Yes, Heather, he's gone...and if the lot of you link arms, he will not be returning, regardless of whether faculty takes action. He has no more place here, unless you allow him one. I trust that you will not.

As much as Maya preaches forgiveness, she can only forgive him for what he's done to her personally. Everyone around her, however...must make that decision themselves.

Heather gives her a small smile, "Awesome. That means I'm not fired anymore, right? I can get back to writing my column!"

The student who brought Heather in gives Maya an unsure look, then mutters, "Not sure I'd go as far as to say that..." Heather doesn't seem to have heard then.

Suki's pigtails swish across her outlandish outfit as she turns to the surly boy. Vote for whoever you wish. If there is a clear majority, you will have a new club president. If there isn't, we will take the names of the two most popular and you can vote for one of them. However, I don't know any of you, so I am not taking part in any of this. The only illusion here is the illusion you have of us controlling you. We do not. George tried to control us, and ruin our lives. And he would have taken your credibility right down into the mud with him. The only difference between you and us is that we decided to take action to the injustice perpetrated in our names. We didn't want things to turn out this way. But they did, and now we have to deal with the aftermath. Together.

The speech seems to be the final push needed to get the others to participate. As the others are casting their votes, the surly boy takes a piece of paper, writes 'George's sister' on it so that everyone can see him do it, then folds it in half and drops it in the hat, glaring at Becca as he does so. It's clear from a couple of eye-rolls and 'jack-off' hand movements that some of the others aren't too thrilled at him using the ballot to make a statement, though a couple of snickers show that the ballot will more than likely have a few similar 'protest votes' mixed in.

Sakuya sighs. "Okay." And so Sakuya slams a fist into Robert's gut. "Better? I can go harder if it helps."

Robert doubles over as the wind is knocked out of him. He says nothing as he catches his breath, then without warning he socks Sakuya hard in the side of the face.

"Better," he snarks, before frowning, "I didn't hurt you too bad, did I?"

Angelalex242
2015-04-07, 12:22 PM
Heather gives her a small smile, "Awesome. That means I'm not fired anymore, right? I can get back to writing my column!"

The student who brought Heather in gives Maya an unsure look, then mutters, "Not sure I'd go as far as to say that..." Heather doesn't seem to have heard then.

The speech seems to be the final push needed to get the others to participate. As the others are casting their votes, the surly boy takes a piece of paper, writes 'George's sister' on it so that everyone can see him do it, then folds it in half and drops it in the hat, glaring at Becca as he does so. It's clear from a couple of eye-rolls and 'jack-off' hand movements that some of the others aren't too thrilled at him using the ballot to make a statement, though a couple of snickers show that the ballot will more than likely have a few similar 'protest votes' mixed in.

While it's true you aren't fired anymore, you should check with your fellow writers to see what column you'll be in charge of after the reorganization is complete. Your new leader may have other plans for you...and for everyone.

So, it's up to whoever's in charge, really.

DoctorFaust
2015-04-07, 12:38 PM
"Mr. Parker, I don't think you're my enemy. As much as I am scared of her sometimes, I don't think Sakuya is either. But it seems like you both can be kinda... overzealous sometimes."

Illven
2015-04-07, 12:50 PM
And when they are done. Becca picks a ballot, and reads it.

The TechnoGnome
2015-04-07, 12:57 PM
And when they are done. Becca picks a ballot, and reads it.

The first vote she pulls out is for 'Mario'. In the corner of the paper, there is a cartoon of Super Mario stomping on a koopa with George's face on it.

While it's true you aren't fired anymore, you should check with your fellow writers to see what column you'll be in charge of after the reorganization is complete. Your new leader may have other plans for you...and for everyone.

So, it's up to whoever's in charge, really.

"Oh," Heather said dejectedly, "I guess that's fair. I was just starting to make it better too..."

"I'm sorry, what column do you write?" the other student asked, "I don't think I've seen you with the other regulars."

"That's because I do most of my correspondence by email," Heather replied, and she began to explain the situation to the other student. By the time she was done, his opinion of her had changed considerably, and Heather apparently got herself a vote.

"Mr. Parker, I don't think you're my enemy. As much as I am scared of her sometimes, I don't think Sakuya is either. But it seems like you both can be kinda... overzealous sometimes."

Mr. Parker was silent for a long time. Finally, he replied with, "Perhaps you're right about that, Ms. Ackermann. But I am simply trying to do what is best for the students of this school. Right now, I believe that Ms. Himura puts the other students in unacceptable levels of danger, though I am obviously in the minority there. Surely you can understand my concern, especially now that you've seen what her 'zealotry' can drive her to."

Esprit15
2015-04-07, 01:06 PM
Sakuya yells out in pain. "Ow! My face! Why would you hit a gir – I'm kidding," she says with a smile. "Not bad," she adds, giving a nod, "We'll have to teach you how and where to throw a punch next time." The girl sticks her tongue out at Robert. "I'll stay with him inside. You get the nurse over here. I don't want to haul a body through the school." A clock ticks down in Sakuya's head. He's been out for what, 2 minutes? "Just tell her a student got knocked out just outside. Keep it low key; we don't want a lot of word traveling." She puts her ear near George's mouth. He should be breathing at least shallowly. "Remember: He attacked me after I confronted him about something in the paper. You intervened but he was already out."

Anubis Dread
2015-04-07, 01:15 PM
Tension was high. Despite resolving not to care Claire still waited with baited breath. It could be Heather. That would be fine. It could be Maya. That would be ideal. It could be her. That would be unexpected. But she was fairly popular. Someone may have voted for her. Would she enjoy the position? She would have to give it a try at least.

The paper was drawn. Claire looked over at Becca's shoulder and... "Whoever thought voting for a video game character is amusing step forward and allow me to cleave your head from your shoulders," she boomed in frustration. She tried to take a fair approach and they did this? Everyone died. No. No-one died. Jill was here. Jill was good. Jill calmed. Jill made her not homicidal. Claire took a few deep breaths. "Try again. If they all did joke votes at least mine is real. You will get it eventually," she noted to Becca dryly.

The TechnoGnome
2015-04-07, 08:17 PM
Tension was high. Despite resolving not to care Claire still waited with baited breath. It could be Heather. That would be fine. It could be Maya. That would be ideal. It could be her. That would be unexpected. But she was fairly popular. Someone may have voted for her. Would she enjoy the position? She would have to give it a try at least.

The paper was drawn. Claire looked over at Becca's shoulder and... "Whoever thought voting for a video game character is amusing step forward and allow me to cleave your head from your shoulders," she boomed in frustration. She tried to take a fair approach and they did this? Everyone died. No. No-one died. Jill was here. Jill was good. Jill calmed. Jill made her not homicidal. Claire took a few deep breaths. "Try again. If they all did joke votes at least mine is real. You will get it eventually," she noted to Becca dryly.

There were a couple snickers about the fake vote, but they all hushed down and waited for Becca to draw again.

Sakuya yells out in pain. "Ow! My face! Why would you hit a gir – I'm kidding," she says with a smile. "Not bad," she adds, giving a nod, "We'll have to teach you how and where to throw a punch next time." The girl sticks her tongue out at Robert. "I'll stay with him inside. You get the nurse over here. I don't want to haul a body through the school." A clock ticks down in Sakuya's head. He's been out for what, 2 minutes? "Just tell her a student got knocked out just outside. Keep it low key; we don't want a lot of word traveling." She puts her ear near George's mouth. He should be breathing at least shallowly. "Remember: He attacked me after I confronted him about something in the paper. You intervened but he was already out."

Robert nodded, "Got it. I'm guessing you'll stay here with him, then." And with that, he was off.

Of course, he was intercepted in front of the nurse's office by Mr. Parker. "Mr. Hartwell," he said, "What brings you here?"

"Um, I was going to get a nurse. There's a student outside that's knocked out cold, and-"

"It wouldn't happen to be Mr. Ishikawa, would it?" Mr. Parker sneered

"Uh... yeah."

"Go and tell the nurse then. We'll ensure Mr. Ishikawa is safe. Are you coming with me, Ms. Ackermann, or do you want to stay with Robert?"

Illven
2015-04-07, 09:31 PM
And the winner is Claire. Come and claim your prize. Becca scooted in the chair gesturing to the computer.

Now how do I get this home? She mused looking down on the seat.

Angelalex242
2015-04-07, 09:41 PM
...I don't think you're allowed to actually keep the chair. Though that's up to Claire at this point, since she won. It's her chair to give...or keep.

Maya figured she should point that out before Becca got herself in trouble.

DoctorFaust
2015-04-07, 09:43 PM
Of course, he was intercepted in front of the nurse's office by Mr. Parker. "Mr. Hartwell," he said, "What brings you here?"

"Um, I was going to get a nurse. There's a student outside that's knocked out cold, and-"

"It wouldn't happen to be Mr. Ishikawa, would it?" Mr. Parker sneered

"Uh... yeah."

"Go and tell the nurse then. We'll ensure Mr. Ishikawa is safe. Are you coming with me, Ms. Ackermann, or do you want to stay with Robert?"

"I'll... stay here," Molly replies, glaring at Robert. "Maybe try to convince him to actually tell the truth."

Esprit15
2015-04-07, 09:43 PM
Sakuya just sits by, making sure that George is still breathing. That would reflect poorly on her.

The TechnoGnome
2015-04-07, 09:54 PM
And the winner is Claire. Come and claim your prize. Becca scooted in the chair gesturing to the computer.

Now how do I get this home? She mused looking down on the seat.

There was silence for several seconds before the group started arguing with each other. It was clear not everyoen was happy as to the final decision, and were trying to weed out which one of them voted for Claire.

"Well, it wasn't me! I voted for Hayley!"

"Penelope got my vote, so I don't see how she didn't win!"

"Dude, why didn't we just give it to the chick who actually got us to vote on this?"

"I'll... stay here," Molly replies, glaring at Robert. "Maybe try to convince him to actually tell the truth."

Mr. Parker nodded, "Very well. See to that, then." He then walked off towards the front of the school.

Robert gave an aside glance to Molly as the two walked into the nurse's office, "So, what part of this do you think I'm lying about?"

Sakuya just sits by, making sure that George is still breathing. That would reflect poorly on her.

George was still stable, at least. Knocked out cold, but stable. Suddenly, Sakuya heard a voice behind her, "Why am I not surprised that you were behind this?"

Mr. Parker glared at her, "I can't wait to hear how you plan to talk yourself out of this one."

Illven
2015-04-07, 10:06 PM
Guys. Guys. Clearly someone voted for Claire. So, she's your new queen. That's what you agreed to. Becca replied trying to keep order.

DoctorFaust
2015-04-07, 10:06 PM
Mr. Parker nodded, "Very well. See to that, then." He then walked off towards the front of the school.

Robert gave an aside glance to Molly as the two walked into the nurse's office, "So, what part of this do you think I'm lying about?"

"Well, considering Sakuya's involved, I wouldn't be surprised if she had threatened you into silence. Or at least going along with whatever she says."

Esprit15
2015-04-07, 10:08 PM
Sakuya looks back, a look of boredom on her face. "I was thinking 'he assaulted me after I refused to let him spread slander about my sister and friends. I acted in defense, and things escalated.' Look, I know that we both hate each other with an intensity rivaling that of some nations that are at war with another, but not everything bad that happens around me is because I started it. Now if you have nothing else to harass me about, I'm waiting for Robert to get the nurse to make sure he is okay. If I wanted to get away anything, I'd have dragged him off campus and left him in some bushes, not brought him inside and asked for the nurse."

The TechnoGnome
2015-04-07, 10:29 PM
Guys. Guys. Clearly someone voted for Claire. So, she's your new queen. That's what you agreed to. Becca replied trying to keep order.

The reporters slowly quiet down and stop bickering. Because regardless of who actually voted for Claire, Becca was right. They made their choice to participate, now they had to live with the choice.

"Well, considering Sakuya's involved, I wouldn't be surprised if she had threatened you into silence. Or at least going along with whatever she says."

Robert shrugged, "Not really. Heck, she's the one that got punched in the face, not me."

Sakuya looks back, a look of boredom on her face. "I was thinking 'he assaulted me after I refused to let him spread slander about my sister and friends. I acted in defense, and things escalated.' Look, I know that we both hate each other with an intensity rivaling that of some nations that are at war with another, but not everything bad that happens around me is because I started it. Now if you have nothing else to harass me about, I'm waiting for Robert to get the nurse to make sure he is okay. If I wanted to get away anything, I'd have dragged him off campus and left him in some bushes, not brought him inside and asked for the nurse."

"And that injury?" Mr. Parker asked, "If I asked George what he did when he wakes up, what will he tell me happened to give it to you?"

Amaril
2015-04-07, 10:34 PM
"Well, uh...congratulations, babe!" Jill leans in to give Claire a kiss on the cheek, surprised at how that turned out. "Just promise me you won't try to use the school paper as a springboard to world domination" she laughs. "And my mom can probably drive the chair over to your place if we tell her it's yours" she adds with a nod to Becca.

DoctorFaust
2015-04-07, 10:34 PM
Robert shrugged, "Not really. Heck, she's the one that got punched in the face, not me."

"Really? And you expect me to believe that George did that? George 'running scared from the psycho that thinks violence is the answer to everything, and who had probably already been scarred by said psycho' Ishikawa?"

Illven
2015-04-07, 10:47 PM
"Well, uh...congratulations, babe!" Jill leans in to give Claire a kiss on the cheek, surprised at how that turned out. "Just promise me you won't try to use the school paper as a springboard to world domination" she laughs. "And my mom can probably drive the chair over to your place if we tell her it's yours" she adds with a nod to Becca.

Becca is already texting Val.

Hey dear, George is getting fired, and Claire's now boss, I can probably talk her into your job back, if you want.

Thanks Jill. Becca beamed.

Esprit15
2015-04-07, 10:48 PM
"He'll lie and say he didn't do it. Both of us have motive to make sure the other looks bad. That the reality of things is on my side shouldn't matter, nor should the fact that I came out on top. Would you doubt his testimony were things reversed?"

Anubis Dread
2015-04-07, 11:01 PM
Claire stood stock still in shock. She now had complete control over the newspaper club? More importantly, the newspaper club was now her responsibility? It was too much to take in. But at this point she had no choice. A few moments ago the club sinking had been completely divorced of any importance to her. Now it was rapidly sinking and she was the captain of the ship. She needed to regain control. Now.

Looking at Jill, Claire gave her a small smile. "Thank you. I will not. Sorry. I need to get serious for a few moments." Taking a deep breath she closed her eyes. 1. 2. 3.

Could she just wait should she just wait no she couldn't rumors would spread she couldn't allow rumors to spread plus they'd already promised a special edition it would be horrible if the first day she was in control they failed to live up to an advertisement but she couldn't just print the story of what happened that would be pathetic a one page story she needed a full issue and she needed it within an hour how could she do it well first she needed to type up the story with George get a few accounts from the other club members that would fill three or four pages and she also needed to make sure Sakuya didn't get in trouble how could she do that just sent someone to interview her and not ask too many questions print her account without any real investigation to give herself plausible deniability but that was still too small Heather Heather stood up to George she could print an article with her account and also give retractions of some of the stuff she'd said in her gossip column and list an article for her new advice column putting out a call for questions that was two pages Maya Maya could print a two page or so spread with just charities and things ADVERTISEMENT why didn't she think of it before she and Jill were printing a comic it was already at the colorists it would be at the publishers in a week and on shelves a few weeks after that she could print an article about it and also plug her webcomic if they included a spread image of the cover that could be two or even three whole pages the drugs she needed to mention the drugs but she couldn't just use George's story because that was slanted against Becca Becca she could give an interview and she could send someone to take some pictures of the janitors closet or something as the drugs were gone the current issue what could she do with it burn it burn them all they couldn't circulate but if she did that they had no evidence of George one copy she'd keep one copy and burn the rest what else what else what else done.

...8.9.10. Opening her eyes, Claire jumped into action.

"You. Find Sakuya. She should be somewhere between the side door near the music room and the nurse's office. Get her story on what happened between her and George just now. Do not ask probing questions. If your report has anything but her direct word for word account I will be displeased. You. Give me a copy of the paper you were printing. Then find a garbage can and bring it here. Put all the other copies in it. Then take it outside and set the contents on fire. Becca. Take that one there and go to the janitor's closet. The one going with Becca. Interview her as you go on the matter of the drugs. Take some pictures of the closet for the article then come back. Heather. I need a two page story about your confrontation with George, his control over your article, a redaction of some of the things you printed and a blurb asking for submissions to you new advice column. Yes you get an advice column now. Jill. I need you two write a story on our comic. I will call the colorist and get them to send a high res scan of the front cover. You can plug your webcomic too if you like. Maya. Please write a two page piece on some charities you like and people you have helped. Something simple and uplifting. No depressing 'there are many more like them' comments please. Anyone left please write an account of what George has been up to lately in your own words. I will print the rest. Except for you. YOU will make nametags for everyone so I do not need to waste valuable time and energy we do not have pointing at people."

Walking to the computer, Claire sat down and began typing while pulling out her phone with the other... before raising an eyebrow when she didn't see anybody moving. "Now," she emphasized.

Amaril
2015-04-07, 11:13 PM
For several seconds, Jill just stands stock-still, jaw literally hanging open. Half her brain is tied up trying to sort out everything it just heard. The other half is wholly occupied with a single realization: she is so hot when she's being authoritative.
It never occurs to her to protest. "Uh...y-yeah, sure, I'll...I'll get right on that." Still shaking her head in disbelief, she heads for an available computer and pulls up a Word file.

The TechnoGnome
2015-04-07, 11:25 PM
Becca is already texting Val.

Hey dear, George is getting fired, and Claire's now boss, I can probably talk her into your job back, if you want.

Thanks Jill. Becca beamed.

Less than a minute later, Valerie came crashing in through the door, "Acre Reporter Valerie Young, reporting for duty Ms. Archer! Where do you want me?" She hugs Becca, "Hey babe. This is so awesome, huh?"

"You. Find Sakuya. She should be somewhere between the side door near the music room and the nurse's office. Get her story on what happened between her and George just now. Do not ask probing questions. If your report has anything but her direct word for word account I will be displeased. You. Give me a copy of the paper you were printing. Then find a garbage can and bring it here. Put all the other copies in it. Then take it outside and set the contents on fire. Becca. Take that one there and go to the janitor's closet. The one going with Becca. Interview her as you go on the matter of the drugs. Take some pictures of the closet for the article then come back. Heather. I need a two page story about your confrontation with George, his control over your article, a redaction of some of the things you printed and a blurb asking for submissions to you new advice column. Yes you get an advice column now. Jill. I need you two write a story on our comic. I will call the colorist and get them to send a high res scan of the front cover. You can plug your webcomic too if you like. Maya. Please write a two page piece on some charities you like and people you have helped. Something simple and uplifting. No depressing 'there are many more like them' comments please. Anyone left please write an account of what George has been up to lately in your own words. I will print the rest. Except for you. YOU will make nametags for everyone so I do not need to waste valuable time and energy we do not have pointing at people."

Walking to the computer, Claire sat down and began typing while pulling out her phone with the other... before raising an eyebrow when she didn't see anybody moving. "Now," she emphasized.

At Claire's insistence, the club began working in earnest. They were apparently far more used to taking orders than making their own decisions.

"Really? And you expect me to believe that George did that? George 'running scared from the psycho that thinks violence is the answer to everything, and who had probably already been scarred by said psycho' Ishikawa?"

Robert rubs the back of his head sheepishly, "Well, when you put it like that... yeah, it kind of does sound ridiculous, huh?" He flags down the nurse, "Hey, we need your help. There's an unconcious student outside the school."

"He'll lie and say he didn't do it. Both of us have motive to make sure the other looks bad. That the reality of things is on my side shouldn't matter, nor should the fact that I came out on top. Would you doubt his testimony were things reversed?"

Mr. Parker glared at her, "Not as much, no. But that is because I trust George. I do not trust you, and for good reason. After all, I assume you are the one responsible for George's new scar."

Illven
2015-04-07, 11:32 PM
Yeah, yeah. Becca said somewhat dazed.

I'll uh.... be right back. Becca stated leaving the room.

Becca's going to tally up the other slips of paper.

Anubis Dread
2015-04-07, 11:38 PM
Becca was leaving? But she was doing it without... reporter number 2. "Person I pointed to earlier to go with Becca. Go with Becca," Claire gestures with her head as she types with one hand and punches numbers into her phone with the other.

Oh thank goodness. Reinforcements. "Vallerie. Thank you very much for being here. I truly appreciate it," Claire smiles gratefully. "I need pictures. Lots of pictures. A lot of these stories will not have much photography to accompany them. I need a shot of out that window there. A shot of the stack of papers over there. But not clear enough that they can be read. A shot of East Marshal from outside. And after that just take shots of anything you think might look good in a paper. We cannot be picky. Oh and see if you can track down Greg and tell him I need him. We need some more filler and I believe his unique form of bumbling humor might be enough to do a quick space filling funny strip. Of course I will need to do the artwork..."

She could not slow down. She had an hour. One hour. So two hours factoring in the planning fallacy. She could do this. She HAD to do this. Finishing dialing, Claire continued typing with one hand while speaking into the phone. "This is Claire Archer. I need a high resolution scan of the cover of our comic sent to this email address..."

DoctorFaust
2015-04-07, 11:45 PM
Robert rubs the back of his head sheepishly, "Well, when you put it like that... yeah, it kind of does sound ridiculous, huh?" He flags down the nurse, "Hey, we need your help. There's an unconcious student outside the school."

"Yeah, that's 'cause it is. So, what actually happened?"

Angelalex242
2015-04-07, 11:45 PM
...Is that truly what you want of me? I'm not normally staff here, but it's common for charities to have advocates write for them. Well...then I would be pleased to assist you. We always need more hands to help.

Maya would indeed get to work on writing such an article...

Esprit15
2015-04-07, 11:47 PM
"Unrelated to the current incident," she says flatly. "You already admit that you are showing personal bias against a student because of personal dislike of them. Heck, you only like him because he dislikes me. Are you here to help, or just make accusations?"

Lentrax
2015-04-08, 12:13 AM
Suki feels a twinge of... Jealousy? As the other girls exchange their affections with each other over the resolution of the newspaper business. She decides to put her feelings aside for now. They will only hurt someone. So. This is settled. I am going to go. Since this business is finished, after you are done printing the new paper, I will uphold my end, and take everyone out for pizza.

Anubis Dread
2015-04-08, 12:19 AM
SUKI?!?! How had she not thought of that?! Oh. Right. She had mentally disregarded Suki because she and Sakuya were still having a fight and she was taking Sakuya's side. She had not adapted her mental model to accommodate the change in circumstances. That was a crippling oversight.

"Suki. Do you have time for a quick interview with... him?" Claire pointed to one of her new peons. "It would be a rather large chance for the paper. ...that said I would understand if you refused. The paper has not exactly been good to you. Nor any paper," she sighed as she worked. "I will not press you into- sorry I am still here, how long did you say? One second- I will not press you into anything you are uncomfortable with," she promised.

She could feel the workload she was forcing onto herself eating away at the back of her mind. Risking spreading and causing a total shut down. She refused to let it. Claire would force herself to persevere. She did not know if she could put all this in one paper or if she would need to do a small special issue and push the rest as a head start on the next paper they did, but she needed to keep the momentum running before she ran out of steam.

Lentrax
2015-04-08, 12:53 AM
Youre right. I haven't gotten treated well by this newspaper. If you truly want me to give an interview, you go through my agent. Suki looked around the desk, and finding a pad and a pen, jotted a phone number down. Misanawa Kuriko. She will arrange it, if you can prove it is serious and not just another attempt at scandalising me.

The TechnoGnome
2015-04-08, 01:34 AM
Becca was leaving? But she was doing it without... reporter number 2. "Person I pointed to earlier to go with Becca. Go with Becca," Claire gestures with her head as she types with one hand and punches numbers into her phone with the other.

Oh thank goodness. Reinforcements. "Vallerie. Thank you very much for being here. I truly appreciate it," Claire smiles gratefully. "I need pictures. Lots of pictures. A lot of these stories will not have much photography to accompany them. I need a shot of out that window there. A shot of the stack of papers over there. But not clear enough that they can be read. A shot of East Marshal from outside. And after that just take shots of anything you think might look good in a paper. We cannot be picky. Oh and see if you can track down Greg and tell him I need him. We need some more filler and I believe his unique form of bumbling humor might be enough to do a quick space filling funny strip. Of course I will need to do the artwork..."

She could not slow down. She had an hour. One hour. So two hours factoring in the planning fallacy. She could do this. She HAD to do this. Finishing dialing, Claire continued typing with one hand while speaking into the phone. "This is Claire Archer. I need a high resolution scan of the cover of our comic sent to this email address..."

"On it!" Val said, and she immediately started snapping pictures of the nearby area.

Suki feels a twinge of... Jealousy? As the other girls exchange their affections with each other over the resolution of the newspaper business. She decides to put her feelings aside for now. They will only hurt someone. So. This is settled. I am going to go. Since this business is finished, after you are done printing the new paper, I will uphold my end, and take everyone out for pizza.

Valerie turned her head over to Suki, "Did you say pizza? That sounds awesome! Thanks Suki!"

"Yeah, that's 'cause it is. So, what actually happened?"

Robert waited until the nurse had run off, then winced, "Well, George was getting away, so Sakuya started chasing him. I tried to intercept George, he punched me in the stomach, which Sakuya saw and, well things escalated from there." He looked uncomfortable talking about it.

"Unrelated to the current incident," she says flatly. "You already admit that you are showing personal bias against a student because of personal dislike of them. Heck, you only like him because he dislikes me. Are you here to help, or just make accusations?"

"I am here to find out what happened," Mr. Parker said with a glare, "and punish the one who started it."

Before he could continue, the nurse showed up and started looking over George. After making sure he was stable, she turned to Sakuya and said, "Help me carry him up to the office, ok?"

Episode 4, Scene 8

After making sure the nurse could handle George, Sakuya, Robert, and Molly are called back to the newspaper club and 'drafted' by Claire to help out. It's crunch time, people! Time to make or break the newspaper!

Allure D6 (Assist Roll): Give an interview that can be used as an attention-grabber! +2 to a main roll

Skill D10 (Main Roll): Write a story capable of bringing in the readers! +4 VP to yourself, and +3 VP to anyone successfully assisting you

Luck D6 (Assist Roll): You have no clue what it is you are doing, but every little bit helps at this point! Gives an additional roll to someone attempting a main roll

A minimum of 2 main roll successes are required to pull off the special edition on time, and 4 main roll successes to go above and beyond to print a full edition of the paper.

Angelalex242
2015-04-08, 01:45 AM
Maya, quite naturally, proceeded to write a beautiful story about local charities...the ones she worked at, the lives she's changed...Claire asked for an uplifting story, so she told the stories of those poor souls she got back on their feet during a dark time in their lives, some of whom are quite successful now. Those souls really have had their lives changed for the better. Anticipating she might well get a lot of people willing to help out local charities, or at least donate money, she called them up, getting times they'd most like to have an influx of unskilled labor, and conduction some impromptu questionnaires of some of her coworkers at those various charities. Everyone was very willing to help her, naturally, make her story as successful as it could be.

She was writing what she knew, from her heart, so it was relatively easy for her to produce high quality work, even if she is no journalist and probably never would be. She's been part of church organizations long enough to know how to ask for donations politely, too.

Skill, Heir to God's Promise. The involvement of other people is the interviews of her fellow charity workers conducted. Also, potential involvement of students willing to contribute time, money, or both, based on her article. Can't fail.

Esprit15
2015-04-08, 02:27 AM
Sakuya thinks about getting interviews for Maya. It wasn't entirely needed, but anything to make her look better to teachers. However, Claire needed actual help, and so she helps her friend.
Neutral Allure

Anubis Dread
2015-04-08, 08:45 AM
"How long does it take to print the usual number of issues? We should print double and hand out the rest to community centers and such out of school. Do not give me that look - I am talking about a second printing here. Not having twice as many issues within the same time frame. Thank thank THANK YOU for helping out Molly. I appreciate it. Name tags! Perfect. Who is responsible for the formatting? Come here and look at my story. I need to know if it will fit the usual format. Someone please look through all the photos Val took and pick out ones that actually fit the stories we are writing."

Sitting back down at the desk, Claire began to continue to rapidly type. A full issue was almost impossible at this stage. But she could at least print the partial issue they needed right now. She could push the rest of the work onto the next paper. Which might seem like she should not be pushing so hard in that case. But George had likely had the next paper half done with work she could not re-use. She was behind on both the special and the next edition. She needed to push as hard as possible to catch back up.

The story. George had gone crazy, Becca was a hero, Sakuya's account is... not as good as she thought. She had to basically rewrite the whole thing and fabricate half the details in order for it to not sound like something she deserved suspension for. Speaking of fabricating she needed to make up a few other details as well. Nothing major. She refused to make up harmful lies for her first edition when George was now off the paper for doing the same. She was juggling too many plates. Claire wished last night had not been one of her designated nights to work instead of sleep. She was beginning to feel exhausted. But she would survived.

Skill, Deep Freeze +2, School Queen +2, Poker Face +2

DoctorFaust
2015-04-08, 03:42 PM
Molly decides to give a short interview about reproduction clothes, hoping that it would somehow be able to be worked into Jill's article about her webcomic. So, anyway, the best thing to look for when you want to find a good fakes of old clothing is actually the material. Price can vary a lot, but you generally can't get good leather for under two hundred dollars, and the better canvas or wool jackets that I've found are usually above eighty. Usually, cosplay stuff runs about the same price, but there you're looking more towards accuracy of colors than..."

Supporting Jill
Allure, Boyish Charm. +2 (Ruling on applying Culture Enthusiast, since you allowed it for the interview with George?)

Amaril
2015-04-08, 06:39 PM
Jill's hands alternate between blurring across the keyboard as she types furiously and supporting her chin as she glares at the screen trying to think what else she can add. As it turns out, even with Molly's interview to boost the length, it's hard to think of enough to say about their project to even be worth a full article. She grits her teeth and swallows her pride as she uses every sleazy trick she knows to inflate her word count. Come on, Jill, you got this. We'll make this work. We have to.

Strong Skill, +2 Amateur Novelist, plus any assist bonuses.

Lentrax
2015-04-08, 06:44 PM
Suki is sitting, idly drumming her fingers on a desk, waiting for everyone to get done. She isn't sure what the hell she is still doing there, just sitting around. So she decides to at least do something.

So she pushes her chair around over to where Maya is sitting. She pulls out a pad of paper, and writes down a set of notes and hands it over to the girl.

Kurigama Suki Solo Charity Concert.
$10 cover.
All proceeds to benefit Local Children's Hospital.
November 7.

Allure. Moe enthusiast, Star Quality. +2 total.

Illven
2015-04-08, 06:53 PM
If I still have it. Easily forgiven.

If not, Allure, Shameless, and Scaredy cat. Presumably Val takes Becca's picture.

The TechnoGnome
2015-04-08, 09:08 PM
After almost two hours of hard work, the special digital edition of Life and Times at East Marshall High is completed. Though there are only two worthwhile articles that actually managed to be completed on time, Claire's article all about the drug bust and George's actions in the aftermath would be more than enough to satisfy the readers until the full issue next week, as well as seriously boost the attention to Maya's article about the various local charities. And while Jill's article didn't make it in time for the special edition, it shows enough promise that a small excerpt was put into the special edition to tease at the full article that will more than likely appear in the print issue as a guest editorial.

The afterparty is now in full swing. One of the reporters had left to buy soda to go with the pizzas Suki promised, but other than him the gang is all here. Heather and Valerie are talking to one another in a corner of the room and laughing at each other, Rachel (who came to help Maya with her article) is mingling with Hayley, and Greg (who showed up in the last half-hour with an actually very well-drawn comedy strip) is hanging close to Betty and talking about how their love is totally real and will withstand the annals of time and similar crap like that.

Robert walks up to the three writers, "Wow, I can't believe this!" he said with a laugh, "We actually managed to pull this off! Great work, you guys!"

Claire and Maya gain +4 VP

Amaril
2015-04-08, 09:18 PM
Jill slumps back into her chair, feeling more exhausted than she can remember being in ages, but nonetheless grins at Robert. "Don't congratulate me, I didn't even manage to get mine done on time." She heaves a deep sigh. "God, crazy day, huh? We all get smeared in the paper, I lose my virginity, Becca busts the janitor for drug dealing, Claire gets made head of the newspaper club, and now all this crap. Right now I just wanna go home and sleep for about a week." She subsides into crazy giggles for a long while.

The TechnoGnome
2015-04-08, 10:04 PM
"Yeah, this has been a pretty crazy- wait, what was that second one?" His eyes go wide, "So you and Claire...?"

DoctorFaust
2015-04-08, 10:11 PM
"...and that's why Rey Mysterio was the best cruiserweight wrestler the WWE had had in a long time, and was probably the most fun to watch." Molly finally trails off, and looks over at Greg and Betty. "But... you two haven't been listening at all, have you?"

Illven
2015-04-08, 10:21 PM
Becca comes over to Heather and Val, and gives Val a hug.

So how are you two?

Angelalex242
2015-04-08, 10:23 PM
Maya, for her part, was getting responses. More responses then even she expected.

"...Wow. With this many people offering to help...maybe I can take a couple days off.

Sharing the burden is kind of a new concept for her.

Esprit15
2015-04-08, 10:33 PM
Sakuya high fives Claire at Jill's comment. "Damn girl, aren't you the aggressive type!" She stretches, chomping into another piece of pizza. "Sorry I wasn't a bit more help, Claire, but hey, you pulled it off!" She raises her soda. "To Claire!"

The TechnoGnome
2015-04-08, 10:40 PM
"...and that's why Rey Mysterio was the best cruiserweight wrestler the WWE had had in a long time, and was probably the most fun to watch." Molly finally trails off, and looks over at Greg and Betty. "But... you two haven't been listening at all, have you?"

Greg was staring at Claire, before Molly managed to grab his attention, "Huh? Sorry, I wasn't listening. Too busing ogling Cla- I mean, my girlfriend! My smoking hot girlfriend!" He pulls Betty close to him, and elicited odd stares from some of the nearby partygoers, "Who I would never cheat on with Claire or anyone else! Ever!"

Betty, for her part, looked terrified to be the center of attention. She simply nodded, "Y-Yeah... R-Rey Mysterio s-s-sounds like a-an a-amazing e-entertainer..." She squirms a bit in Greg's grip, "T-too tight..." Greg lets go of her with an apologetic look on his face.

Becca comes over to Heather and Val, and gives Val a hug.

So how are you two?

Valerie grinned, "Great! Hey Becca, meet your stalker, 'Penelope Snow' otherwise known as Heather!"

Heather shushed Val, "I told you not to tell anyone!"

"Relax, Becca's cool, she won't tell. Anyways, after I got her to spill, we got to talking, and she says that with George gone, her column's going to be more informative and entertaining, and less trashy garbage. So, uh, don't give her too harsh of a disapproving glare, ok?"

Maya, for her part, was getting responses. More responses then even she expected.

"...Wow. With this many people offering to help...maybe I can take a couple days off.

Sharing the burden is kind of a new concept for her.

Robert smiles, "Yeah, and you would definitely deserve it. And need it, from the looks of it. Seriously, you look exhausted."

"To Claire!" Robert says, joining into Sakuya's toast.

Amaril
2015-04-08, 10:41 PM
"Hey, I don't get a high-five?" Jill grins at Sakuya, raising her own cup to echo the toast.

Esprit15
2015-04-08, 10:49 PM
"Yep," Sakuya says, slapping the girl's hand in approval. "Though it is weird to do that for both of you..." She pauses as though in thought. "Oh well. You know after the party I'm going to ask Claire about it so let her know now what you don't want shared!" Sakuya says with a wink, heading over to Robert.

"So a certain teacher found me before the nurse. What happened?"

Illven
2015-04-08, 10:55 PM
Becca just looks at Heather. Just don't do it again. To anyone. She states.

Val's just the best photographer though. You really should use her to snap pics of lovely dovey couples.

Anubis Dread
2015-04-08, 10:55 PM
Claire smiled wearily at Sakuya as she received the high five. "Thank you. No. Let me try again. Thank ALL of you. You were all amazing. You are all amazing," she corrects. It was not just that they had all worked so hard. It was that they appreciated her efforts. They were cheering her name. She had been 'popular' for as long as she had been at school. But this was perhaps the first time she had felt genuinely, sincerely liked for her own accomplishments. It felt... nice.

Walking over to Jill's chair, Claire gently settled herself into Jill's lap. "That was a tough battle but we persevered," she began, unable to help a small yawn as she settled her head on Jill's shoulder. "But we all made it through. There is still some... things to discuss..." she went on somewhat quietly as she closed her eyes. "Maya. I would like you to be a permanent columnist. I know you have much on your plate. But I think we can both agree spending less time at charity and raising awareness will be a net benefit for both the charities and for your health. Sakuya. Heather. I would actually like you to-to-to work on the column together..." she practically sighed. "I think it will give... more comprehensive advice since you are on opposite ends of the... the uh... spec... spectrum when it comes to romance. It will also allow for amusing... 'he said she said' commentary. Except you are both she's..."

Claire was probably speaking for too quietly for the people she was speaking to to actually hear her. She was basically mumbling her thoughts aloud at this stage. She needed caffeine. No. She needed rest. "Jill... our comic is going to the publishers at the end of this week..." she continued in a mumble. "They expect it can be on shelves in three weeks... I'm almost done with the effects on the second issue. How is the draft for... for... you smell good," she sighed happily.

Esprit15
2015-04-08, 11:06 PM
"Opposite ends? What's that supposed to mean? Or do you just mean single versus coupled?" Sakuya asks.

Amaril
2015-04-08, 11:10 PM
Jill blushes crimson and snuggles in as close to Claire as possible. "Really? I would've thought I smelled sweaty and gross at this point, but thanks." She barely manages to turn her laughter at Sakuya's reaction into a somewhat convincing cough.

Anubis Dread
2015-04-08, 11:11 PM
"Marrrglgrdful," Claire gargled in reply. Before taking a breath and replying a little more clearly. "She is... very focused on romance. She thinks everyone should be a couple. You believe... if someone disagrees with you they should be stabbed. I exaggerate both positions. But you can see the uh... the contrast."

Opening her eyes, Claire smiles softly up at Jill. "You smell like you. It is a nice smell. Plus I now associate the smell of your sweat with incredible sex. It is pleasant," she sighed happily.

Esprit15
2015-04-08, 11:16 PM
"Ah... This will be fun. Very fun."

Angelalex242
2015-04-08, 11:39 PM
Robert smiles, "Yeah, and you would definitely deserve it. And need it, from the looks of it. Seriously, you look exhausted."

"To Claire!" Robert says, joining into Sakuya's toast.

Thank you, Claire. Your efforts may have just given me a sorely needed break. Even I have limits...and I will gladly lay down my duty for a while, now that I have other people willing to take up the call for me, at least for a little while. Though...I don't even know what I'd do with myself if I wasn't working.

She's ALWAYS had something to do, endless things to do.

Anubis Dread
2015-04-08, 11:44 PM
That had been far easier than expected. Then again she was not trying to manipulate people as part of some grand scheme. She was simply asking them because she thought they would be a good fit. Perhaps that made things easier? It certainly made them less stressful.

Claire smile at the two of them. "Thank you. We can work out specifics... tomorrow," she yawned.

The TechnoGnome
2015-04-08, 11:55 PM
Becca just looks at Heather. Just don't do it again. To anyone. She states.

Val's just the best photographer though. You really should use her to snap pics of lovely dovey couples.

"Aww, thanks!" Valerie said, giving Becca another hug, "But I think I'm going to try and focus on biiger things. You know, stuff that's front page worthy."

"Oh, c'mon Valerie! It'll be fun! Pleeeeeeeease? I need someone to help document who is and isn't togther, and what the best places in town to take someone on a date is, and what flowers work best to avoid a break-up, and..."

"Fine, fine, I'll think about it, ok?" Val leans in and whispers to Becca, "Sheesh, talk about pushy, am I right?"

"Yep," Sakuya says, slapping the girl's hand in approval. "Though it is weird to do that for both of you..." She pauses as though in thought. "Oh well. You know after the party I'm going to ask Claire about it so let her know now what you don't want shared!" Sakuya says with a wink, heading over to Robert.

"So a certain teacher found me before the nurse. What happened?"

"I know," Robert whispered back, "He was waiting in front of the principal's office with Molly. I told her what happened, but I don't think she bought it."

"Marrrglgrdful," Claire gargled in reply. Before taking a breath and replying a little more clearly. "She is... very focused on romance. She thinks everyone should be a couple. You believe... if someone disagrees with you they should be stabbed. I exaggerate both positions. But you can see the uh... the contrast."

Opening her eyes, Claire smiles softly up at Jill. "You smell like you. It is a nice smell. Plus I now associate the smell of your sweat with incredible sex. It is pleasant," she sighed happily.

Robert gave Claire a look of concern, "Uh huh... Claire, maybe you should lie down somewhere."

Thank you, Claire. Your efforts may have just given me a sorely needed break. Even I have limits...and I will gladly lay down my duty for a while, now that I have other people willing to take up the call for me, at least for a little while. Though...I don't even know what I'd do with myself if I wasn't working.

She's ALWAYS had something to do, endless things to do.

"Well, for starters you can go to a movie," Robert said, "Hang out with friends, go to the park, even stay home and read. Whatever you need to do to relax."

Illven
2015-04-09, 12:04 AM
Becca looks over at the main group. Sighing she turns back to hers

About that, make sure to get permission from both couples. It would suck to out someone who was in the closest.

Esprit15
2015-04-09, 12:10 AM
"Well s***... It will probably blow over. Besides, the little git had it coming. Thanks for trying, dear." She rests her arm around Robert. "Well, that was a fun day, wasn't it?" the girl adds with a sigh.

Angelalex242
2015-04-09, 12:11 AM
"Well, for starters you can go to a movie," Robert said, "Hang out with friends, go to the park, even stay home and read. Whatever you need to do to relax."

Maya considered something Rachel said...but it wouldn't do to say that now, with everyone else around.

...about that. Robert, may I speak to you outside for a moment?

The TechnoGnome
2015-04-09, 01:00 AM
Becca looks over at the main group. Sighing she turns back to hers

About that, make sure to get permission from both couples. It would suck to out someone who was in the closest.

Heather turned to Valerie, "Wait, Claire wasn't in the closet, was she? I mean, they were making out in a public place and everything..."

Valerie shrugged, "I don't think so, but then again, it's hard to tell with Claire. I know Jill isn't, at least."

"Well s***... It will probably blow over. Besides, the little git had it coming. Thanks for trying, dear." She rests her arm around Robert. "Well, that was a fun day, wasn't it?" the girl adds with a sigh.

"'Fun' might be overselling it," Robert says with a sigh, "I agree more with the others in that it was exhausting."

Maya considered something Rachel said...but it wouldn't do to say that now, with everyone else around.

...about that. Robert, may I speak to you outside for a moment?

Robert raised a brow, "Alright," he said as he disentangled himself from Sakuya's grasp. After they were outside the room, he turned to her, "What is it?"

Illven
2015-04-09, 01:09 AM
I meant in general. Becca replied sighing and starting to get up.

Esprit15
2015-04-09, 01:18 AM
"Sarcasm, dear," she says with a smile as Maya drags him away. Hmph... She gets up to butt into some other conversation. "Where's Heather? I want to get to know my new writing buddy."

Angelalex242
2015-04-09, 01:21 AM
Robert raised a brow, "Alright," he said as he disentangled himself from Sakuya's grasp. After they were outside the room, he turned to her, "What is it?"

...Well, since I have free time for the first time since...I don't even remember...would you like to go for coffee?

It's not a date, really...it's just...coffee, really. But it's a nice start.

The TechnoGnome
2015-04-09, 01:28 AM
I meant in general. Becca replied sighing and starting to get up.

"Oh," Heather said with a frown, "Got it. Don't worry, I won't."

Valerie frowned and followed Becca, "Hey babe, you alright? What's wrong?"

"Sarcasm, dear," she says with a smile as Maya drags him away. Hmph... She gets up to butt into some other conversation. "Where's Heather? I want to get to know my new writing buddy."

Heather turned to Sakuya as she approached, "Writing buddy? What're you talking about?"

...Well, since I have free time for the first time since...I don't even remember...would you like to go for coffee?

It's not a date, really...it's just...coffee, really. But it's a nice start.

"Sure, I'd like that." Robert said with a smile, "Though I'm a little confused as to why you had to drag me away from the others to ask me that. What time?"

Illven
2015-04-09, 01:33 AM
Becca seems about to speak. She really does. But she doesn't know how to put it.

Then Rob pulls out, and she has to pretend to be happy. Rob's happiness is important.

Becca holds up her finger in a one second motion to Val.

Because she's asking you on a date. And she's worried my sister has a crush on you.

Angelalex242
2015-04-09, 01:34 AM
"Oh," Heather said with a frown, "Got it. Don't worry, I won't."

Valerie frowned and followed Becca, "Hey babe, you alright? What's wrong?"

Heather turned to Sakuya as she approached, "Writing buddy? What're you talking about?"

"Sure, I'd like that." Robert said with a smile, "Though I'm a little confused as to why you had to drag me away from the others to ask me that. What time?"

...Considering you're still the eye of the storm, it seemed rather rude to ask you in front of everyone else. What time? Hmmm. After school?

That would be nice.

Esprit15
2015-04-09, 01:36 AM
"Claire's apparently made us the romantic column writers. Giving different perspectives."

The TechnoGnome
2015-04-09, 02:00 AM
Becca seems about to speak. She really does. But she doesn't know how to put it.

Then Rob pulls out, and she has to pretend to be happy. Rob's happiness is important.

Becca holds up her finger in a one second motion to Val.

Because she's asking you on a date. And she's worried my sister has a crush on you.

Robert blinked, "Really? Well, um, I guess that makes sense."

...Considering you're still the eye of the storm, it seemed rather rude to ask you in front of everyone else. What time? Hmmm. After school?

That would be nice.

"You mean after the party? Sure, I could do that..."

"Claire's apparently made us the romantic column writers. Giving different perspectives."

Heather stared as her slack-jawed, "She wants me working with you? But we've never even talked to each other before! You're a track star, and I'm a computer nerd! You have a fearsome reputation, and hardly anyone knows me! You speak the language of violence, I speak la langue de l'amour!"

She suddenly squees and hugs Sakuya, "It's perfect! We'll be so popular! Now, if you're going to write on the love column, you're going to need a pseudonym. Hmm... how about 'Lilah Weathers'? That sounds good to me..."

Esprit15
2015-04-09, 02:07 AM
"Lilah Weathers? Any particular reason for that name?" she asks with a smile.

Angelalex242
2015-04-09, 02:36 AM
Robert blinked, "Really? Well, um, I guess that makes sense."

"You mean after the party? Sure, I could do that..."

"

...sounds great!

...and Becca was right too. She really didn't want to confront the others with this sort of thing.

Lentrax
2015-04-09, 04:06 AM
At least they had something to celebrate.

True to her word, Suki went and ordered the club pizza. Nobody seemed to notice she never came back to the club after that...

Instead, the small Japanese girl sits in a quiet empty room. Outside the window, she can hear the sounds of happy people, meeting friends or significant others. She heard the sounds of conversation and laughter.

In a small quiet room, a small Japanese girl finds herself in a small ball in a corner. The ball shivers and shakes as the girl inside the ball begins to cry.

Anubis Dread
2015-04-09, 08:51 AM
Robert gave Claire a look of concern, "Uh huh... Claire, maybe you should lie down somewhere."

"Marf," Claire grunted non-comittedly. She was pretty much already dozing off at this point. But sitting down on Jill's lap was a much better place to do it in than lieing down alone somewhere. She needed to get Jill to just sleep in her bed with her all the time. ...she was sure there was some complication that would stop that from happening, but she was too tired to work it out.

Illven
2015-04-09, 01:04 PM
Becca tenses up. Before just turning around and walking away.

The TechnoGnome
2015-04-09, 03:51 PM
"Lilah Weathers? Any particular reason for that name?" she asks with a smile.

Heather fidgeted nervously, "Well, uh... it's the name of Penelope's rival. In the games. Figure it should fit the theme if we're going to have a back and forth, right?"

...sounds great!

...and Becca was right too. She really didn't want to confront the others with this sort of thing.

"Cool," Robert says with a smile, "We don't really get to hang out much outside of school, and it'd be nice to just talk to you for once..."

"Oh crap," Robert muttered as he watched Becca leave, "I guess she's still pretty pissed at you. And, well, me now."

At least they had something to celebrate.

True to her word, Suki went and ordered the club pizza. Nobody seemed to notice she never came back to the club after that...

Instead, the small Japanese girl sits in a quiet empty room. Outside the window, she can hear the sounds of happy people, meeting friends or significant others. She heard the sounds of conversation and laughter.

In a small quiet room, a small Japanese girl finds herself in a small ball in a corner. The ball shivers and shakes as the girl inside the ball begins to cry.

"Hey, what's this all about?"

An older girl in jeans and a tank top stood over Suki, "Seriously, I come in here for privacy and find the school superstar curled up in a corner crying to herself... talk about awkward. For me, that is, not you. You just look devastated." She cocked her head, "Wanna spill what happened? I promise I won't tell the paparazzi. Or the school paper, but what's the difference, am I right?"

Lentrax
2015-04-09, 04:09 PM
As she shakes in her little ball, she hears the question. She doesn't even bother looking up. You aren't a part of this problem. You don't want to be.

She sniffles. Look, just go away.

Esprit15
2015-04-09, 04:25 PM
She shrugs. "I don't see why not. Not as though my name is going to be plastered to it or anything."

The TechnoGnome
2015-04-09, 04:32 PM
As she shakes in her little ball, she hears the question. She doesn't even bother looking up. You aren't a part of this problem. You don't want to be.

She sniffles. Look, just go away.

The girl raises a brow, "You know that's just going to make me more curious, right?" She plops down next to Suki, "Anyways, I can't leave even if I wanted to. I'm supposed to meet someone here, though as usual she's making me wait on her. So we can either sit here in awkward silence until she gets here, or you can tell me what's bothering you so much. Up to you."

Lentrax
2015-04-09, 04:41 PM
Fine.Suki turns her head toward the new girl, so her voice is no longer muffled through her clothing. I am so sick about being alone. You know that stupid harem crap you've been seeing in the school paper recently? Well, it's part true. There are a bunch of us trying to get the attention of that boy. To make it even better, some of the girls have even started dating each other. And on top of that, I turned down a relationship of my own, because I can only date one person at a time, or possibly lose my contracts. So now, I am alone, surrounded by girls who will, and have stabbed me in the back just to get his attention.

Angelalex242
2015-04-09, 04:48 PM
"Cool," Robert says with a smile, "We don't really get to hang out much outside of school, and it'd be nice to just talk to you for once..."

"Oh crap," Robert muttered as he watched Becca leave, "I guess she's still pretty pissed at you. And, well, me now."

I should go talk to her. Maybe forgiveness wasn't as real as I thought it was.

Maya chases after Becca.

Becca, wait...

Illven
2015-04-09, 05:01 PM

Maya chases after Becca.

Becca, wait...

What Maya? Becca asked.

The TechnoGnome
2015-04-09, 05:17 PM
Fine.Suki turns her head toward the new girl, so her voice is no longer muffled through her clothing. I am so sick about being alone. You know that stupid harem crap you've been seeing in the school paper recently? Well, it's part true. There are a bunch of us trying to get the attention of that boy. To make it even better, some of the girls have even started dating each other. And on top of that, I turned down a relationship of my own, because I can only date one person at a time, or possibly lose my contracts. So now, I am alone, surrounded by girls who will, and have stabbed me in the back just to get his attention.

"Wow, that's a real bummer." She raised a brow, "Wait a second, you said you turned down a relationship because you had to remain monogamous for some contract bull****, right? But if you're already single, I don't see why you couldn't have dated this other person to begin with."

Maya chases after Becca.

Becca, wait...

Robert sighed. Figuring that the two of them needed to hash out their problems on their own, he went back to the party. He waved to Sakuya and Molly as he walked back in, then turned to Jill and the now semi-conscious Claire, "So, she took my advice then?" he said with a smirk.

Valerie, on the other hand, had no such thoughts. She managed to find Becca around the same time Maya did, "Hey Becca, I saw you storm out and I just wanted... um, is this something I should stay out of?"

Illven
2015-04-09, 05:24 PM
It's fine Val. Becca replied.

Lentrax
2015-04-09, 05:46 PM
"Wow, that's a real bummer." She raised a brow, "Wait a second, you said you turned down a relationship because you had to remain monogamous for some contract bull****, right? But if you're already single, I don't see why you couldn't have dated this other person to begin with."

They moved on. Went to someone else.

Amaril
2015-04-09, 05:46 PM
Jill just grins at Robert in response, momentarily unwrapping one arm from around Claire to silently make a shushing sign at him before replacing it.

Anubis Dread
2015-04-09, 05:54 PM
Barely aware of her surrounding, Claire mumbles something barely intelligble. "You c'n talk... I'm a soun' sleepa..." she managed out as she nestled up against Jill. She shouldn't be sleeping right now. She had to... had to... she coudn't remember what she had to do... huh... might as well rest then...

Angelalex242
2015-04-09, 06:11 PM

No, it isn't. Because I thought we were okay. Apparently, we are not.

Sometimes, she wondered if they were ever really okay. She was beginning to think, given the frequency of incidents, the answer was really no.

Illven
2015-04-09, 06:44 PM

Sometimes, she wondered if they were ever really okay. She was beginning to think, given the frequency of incidents, the answer was really no.

We are fine. Becca stated. It was just sudden is all.

Pretty much if Rob's happy, her happiness or sense of justice doesn't matter.

The TechnoGnome
2015-04-09, 06:52 PM
Jill just grins at Robert in response, momentarily unwrapping one arm from around Claire to silently make a shushing sign at him before replacing it.

Barely aware of her surrounding, Claire mumbles something barely intelligble. "You c'n talk... I'm a soun' sleepa..." she managed out as she nestled up against Jill. She shouldn't be sleeping right now. She had to... had to... she coudn't remember what she had to do... huh... might as well rest then...

Robert snickers, then whispers to Jill, "I don't think I've ever seen her like this. It's actually kind of cute." A loud crash is heard as Greg knocks over a soda bottle onto the floor in front of Molly, "Though how she can sleep with all of this noise is beyond me."

They moved on. Went to someone else.

"Ah, I see. Yeah, I might be in a similar situation myself unless I do something soon." She's silent for a moment, then says, "So I'm guessing you decided to let them go 'for their happiness' or something like that? Because if so, the person you lost them to had better have been ****ing loaded or something."

Valerie looked between the two of them worriedly, "Um, ok... are you two going to start fighting again?"

Angelalex242
2015-04-09, 06:55 PM
We are fine. Becca stated. It was just sudden is all.

Pretty much if Rob's happy, her happiness or sense of justice doesn't matter.

Well...this is the first time I've had a day off in months. You know that. You've actually yelled at me for overworking myself. With the help I just got, I can actually cut down to reasonable hours. At least for a little while. The response is amazing. I want to thank you for being the first to help. I did point out you and Rob pretty much led the way for doing this sort of thing. I'm glad you were the first to stand with me.

Even before Rob, who came second.

Illven
2015-04-09, 06:59 PM
We're fine Val. Becca said repressing her true emotions.

And you're welcome Maya.

Lentrax
2015-04-09, 07:17 PM
Suki sniffles again. 's not your problem. Not like it really matters 'nyway. Doubt anyone's even noticed I'm gone. Despite the fact that I paid for the little party they are having now... She starts sobbing again.

Anubis Dread
2015-04-09, 07:37 PM
"I been up fer thirty four hours..." Claire mumbles back sleepily. She didn't want to sleep fully, just... rest a bit. It would be rude to not talk at the party after all. But it was hard to stay even partially awake. "Usually fine but... busy today..."

Amaril
2015-04-09, 07:44 PM
Jill sighs and shakes her head. "You really need to get more sleep, babe."

Anubis Dread
2015-04-09, 07:54 PM
"I sleep every second day..." Claire protested sleepily, actually opening her eyes to look at Jill blearily. "'sides there's not enough time in th' day to... stuff..." she finished lamely.

Amaril
2015-04-09, 07:59 PM
"Claire, that's really, really not healthy" Jill says with a serious look. "If you keep that up long enough, it'll really start to hurt you. You're probably already not functioning at a hundred percent."

Anubis Dread
2015-04-09, 08:04 PM
"Running at 80% capacity for an extra 14.3% time is still a net win if you do not need 100% capacity for the majority of tasks in that time frame," Claire rotes off mechanically like she's said it plenty of times before. Waking up a little bit as she gives a small smile to Jill. "Besides I now have the club to run, comic publishing to arrange and a fair amount of anime you like to catch up on. Sleep will cut into a lot of that."

The TechnoGnome
2015-04-09, 08:09 PM
Suki sniffles again. 's not your problem. Not like it really matters 'nyway. Doubt anyone's even noticed I'm gone. Despite the fact that I paid for the little party they are having now... She starts sobbing again.

"Aw man, really? You must be really good at being quiet then, because no way anyone should miss you in a crowd." She sighs, "But seriously, I get it all too well. It sucks to be upstaged all the time, and not be the center of someone's attention."

"I been up fer thirty four hours..." Claire mumbles back sleepily. She didn't want to sleep fully, just... rest a bit. It would be rude to not talk at the party after all. But it was hard to stay even partially awake. "Usually fine but... busy today..."

Jill sighs and shakes her head. "You really need to get more sleep, babe."

"Jill's right, Claire. I'm pretty sure that's not healthy long-term. Like, at all. I think it might even cause permanent damage or something."

We're fine Val. Becca said repressing her true emotions.

And you're welcome Maya.

Valerie gives her an odd look, "You sure, hun? I came to check on you because you looked upset."

Illven
2015-04-09, 08:12 PM
I'm fine. Becca replied. Mouthing later. to Val out of Maya's face.

Amaril
2015-04-09, 08:18 PM
"Okay, first of all" Jill counters, "if you're cutting into your sleep time to watch anime just because I like it, then I'm telling you right now to cut that out. Your health is infinitely more important, and I won't let you compromise it for my sake, at least not for something that trivial. Second, if you have too many responsibilities to get a full night's sleep every night, the solution is to cut back on your other responsibilities. Your health absolutely has to come first. If you're not healthy, you won't be in any shape to do anything else, not for long." She heaves another sigh and shakes her head, then rests her hand on the back of Claire's and gently pushes it back down against her shoulder. "I guess I'm not really helping the issue by keeping you awake now, though. You rest. I'll make sure nobody wakes you up."

Lentrax
2015-04-09, 08:22 PM
I wish it were upstaged. Upstaged, I can deal with. Instead, I am just ignored. Left to the... what do they call it? The missing heap?

Esprit15
2015-04-09, 08:26 PM
"Yeah, you should never go that long without sleep. If you're going to try and be efficient, just adopt the Uberman cycle. I did it for a summer and once I adapted it was great."

The TechnoGnome
2015-04-09, 08:43 PM
I'm fine. Becca replied. Mouthing later. to Val out of Maya's face.

Valerie nodded, then turned to Maya, "Well, that was very sweet of you to say, Maya."

I wish it were upstaged. Upstaged, I can deal with. Instead, I am just ignored. Left to the... what do they call it? The missing heap?

"I think you mean either the lost and found or the trash heap... not sure which." She shrugs, "But yeah, that's pretty ungrateful of them. How long did you stick around before you gave up and came here?"

"Yeah, you should never go that long without sleep. If you're going to try and be efficient, just adopt the Uberman cycle. I did it for a summer and once I adapted it was great."

"Uberman cycle? What's that?" Robert asks

Lentrax
2015-04-09, 08:45 PM
Does it matter? the only one who ever paid attention to me was Becca, and she was already gone...

Illven
2015-04-09, 08:50 PM
We should get back to the party. Becca replied to the two girls.

Esprit15
2015-04-09, 08:52 PM
"You sleep for between one and two hours total per day, in roughly twenty to thirty minute naps spaced out by 6 hours. I've only done it for a season or so, but Buckminster Fuller and Nikola Tesla were known for following it for longer... Just make sure to eat enough."

Anubis Dread
2015-04-09, 08:54 PM
"The uberman cycle is interesting. I have been tempted to adopt it but it requires outside assistance and... fine..." Claire pouts wearily at Jill as she sees the look on her face at her explaining yet another way to get sleep deprevation. "I will... attempt a normal sleep cycle. It has been years since I slept every night of the week however... and I expect a good night kiss on my lips every night. And I am not talking about my mouth."

Claire paused a moment, resting her head back on Jill's shoulder before continuing. "That was a joke. Albeit a crass one. Though that would be rather amazing," she admitted.

Amaril
2015-04-09, 09:03 PM
Jill chuckles, blush darkening a few shades. "Thanks, sweetie. Whenever I'm around, I'll give you goodnight kisses wherever you want." She pushes Claire's head down onto her shoulder again, a little more insistently this time. "Now sleep. I'll wake you up when it's time to leave."

The TechnoGnome
2015-04-09, 09:04 PM
Does it matter? the only one who ever paid attention to me was Becca, and she was already gone...

"Well, kind of. I mean, if you showed up with the pizza, then hung around for a couple minutes without anyone giving you so much as a thank you, then yeah, they're kind of pricks. But if you just dropped off the pizza and then immediately ditched the party to cry here, then you didn't even give them the chance to talk to you. Either way, it really sucks that you wasted all that money for nothing." She smirks, "I would've at least taken the pizzas with me when I left. I mean, if you paid for them, they are yours. So I assume this 'Becca' is the other person you were talking about? What's she like?"

We should get back to the party. Becca replied to the two girls.

Valerie nodded, "Probably should, if only to avoid the place blowing up under Claire's supervision."

"You sleep for between one and two hours total per day, in roughly twenty to thirty minute naps spaced out by 6 hours. I've only done it for a season or so, but Buckminster Fuller and Nikola Tesla were known for following it for longer... Just make sure to eat enough."

Robert looks skeptical, "That... still seems pretty unhealthy."

Esprit15
2015-04-09, 09:10 PM
"Like I said, there are plenty of instances of it working with minimal health hazard. Fuller only stopped because it conflicted with his associates' own schedules. Personally, I think if anyone can do it, it would be Claire. Could be something to start over the break... Maybe I should get back into it."

Illven
2015-04-09, 09:11 PM
Valerie nodded, "Probably should, if only to avoid the place blowing up under Claire's supervision."

Becca started walking back to the party.

Bet you 50 cents she gets a hover chair for her president speech.

Angelalex242
2015-04-09, 09:18 PM
Becca started walking back to the party.

Bet you 50 cents she gets a hover chair for her president speech.

On the way back, Maya noticed someone missing...

...Ya know, Suki offered to do that charity concert, and paid for this party, and I don't see her anywhere. Did you two see where she went?

Lentrax
2015-04-09, 09:21 PM
"Well, kind of. I mean, if you showed up with the pizza, then hung around for a couple minutes without anyone giving you so much as a thank you, then yeah, they're kind of pricks. But if you just dropped off the pizza and then immediately ditched the party to cry here, then you didn't even give them the chance to talk to you. Either way, it really sucks that you wasted all that money for nothing." She smirks, "I would've at least taken the pizzas with me when I left. I mean, if you paid for them, they are yours. So I assume this 'Becca' is the other person you were talking about? What's she like?"

It's mostly because of Robert. He is such a moron... I mean I dedicate a song at a concert to him. I do things for him, and all he does is stick his foot in his mouth and go with Sakuya, that ultra violent girl. Hell, I was only willing to put aside my grudge with her today because of the whole stupid newspaper thing.

Anubis Dread
2015-04-09, 09:27 PM
"Jill would disembowl me if I tried," Claire chuckled in reply to Sakuya. Before looking up at Jill with a smirk.

"Very well. I will sleep. Feel free to grope me while I am resting. I would hate for you to be bored," Claire teased, pressing her chest up again Jill teasingly before slumping back up against her and closing her eyes. Sleep. Sleep was good.

Illven
2015-04-09, 09:33 PM

...Ya know, Suki offered to do that charity concert, and paid for this party, and I don't see her anywhere. Did you two see where she went?

Hmmm.... Where is she? Bathroom? Becca asked.

Angelalex242
2015-04-09, 09:37 PM
Hmmm.... Where is she? Bathroom? Becca asked.

Good a place to start as any. Let's go.

Maya headed that way now.

The TechnoGnome
2015-04-09, 09:40 PM
"Like I said, there are plenty of instances of it working with minimal health hazard. Fuller only stopped because it conflicted with his associates' own schedules. Personally, I think if anyone can do it, it would be Claire. Could be something to start over the break... Maybe I should get back into it."

Robert shot a glance at Claire, "Don't encourage her. Claire needs some time on a regular sleep schedule before she tries anything like that."

Valerie snickers at Becca's joke before turning to Maya, "You know, come to think of it, I haven't. I wanted to thank her for that. Well, again."

It's mostly because of Robert. He is such a moron... I mean I dedicate a song at a concert to him. I do things for him, and all he does is stick his foot in his mouth and go with Sakuya, that ultra violent girl. Hell, I was only willing to put aside my grudge with her today because of the whole stupid newspaper thing.

"Wow, yeah Robert sounds like a real tool." She leans back on her hands, "You know, I actually met Sakuya before... at homecoming, I think. Yeah, I remember... she was pissed off that Robert was dancing with that Claire girl. She was reacting kind of like you are now, only with anger instead of tears." She chuckles, "I think I told her he was probably gay or something, though judging from your experience, I guess I was wrong there. Either way, if someone like her can turn it around, I don't see why you can't. It's not like you'd be in any rush. He may not be gay, but he's definately an Ice King, if that's a thing."

Illven
2015-04-09, 09:48 PM
Becca looks down as Val snickers.

Angelalex242
2015-04-09, 09:55 PM
Becca looks down as Val snickers.

(OOC:Suki was last seen in a 'small quiet room', not the bathroom, so there's nothing to find, as I understand it)

But when Maya got to the bathroom, Suki was nowhere to be found.

"...This isn't good. We need to recruit help for this one. It doesn't strike me as wise to leave her alone, wherever she is.

Lentrax
2015-04-09, 10:18 PM
"Wow, yeah Robert sounds like a real tool." She leans back on her hands, "You know, I actually met Sakuya before... at homecoming, I think. Yeah, I remember... she was pissed off that Robert was dancing with that Claire girl. She was reacting kind of like you are now, only with anger instead of tears." She chuckles, "I think I told her he was probably gay or something, though judging from your experience, I guess I was wrong there. Either way, if someone like her can turn it around, I don't see why you can't. It's not like you'd be in any rush. He may not be gay, but he's definately an Ice King, if that's a thing."

I am thinking he may just be too stupid for anyone but a crazy psycho to actually like.

Esprit15
2015-04-09, 10:22 PM
"Yeah, yeah, I suppose. I'm gonna try it over break." She pauses for a second. "By the way, what was Maya asking you about?"

The TechnoGnome
2015-04-09, 10:56 PM
(OOC:Suki was last seen in a 'small quiet room', not the bathroom, so there's nothing to find, as I understand it)

But when Maya got to the bathroom, Suki was nowhere to be found.

"...This isn't good. We need to recruit help for this one. It doesn't strike me as wise to leave her alone, wherever she is.

"Don't worry," Val said, "I'll be more than willing to help out!"

"Yeah, yeah, I suppose. I'm gonna try it over break." She pauses for a second. "By the way, what was Maya asking you about?"

"Oh, she was just asking me about what kind of things she should do now that she actually has some free time. It was a little embarrassing for her, which is probably why she pulled me aside."

Robert figured that Maya had a point in keeping Sakuya from getting jealous, especially after the events of the day before.

I am thinking he may just be too stupid for anyone but a crazy psycho to actually like.

"I'm not so sure about that," she said, "After all, he also has that self-righteous religious girl pining for him. Then again, she might just be a different class of psycho, if you catch my drift."

Lentrax
2015-04-09, 10:58 PM
We're all psycho. We have to be, to have chased him this far.

Esprit15
2015-04-09, 11:00 PM
"Uh huh. So what is she thinking of doing with her time?" It is hard for tell if is is honest curiosity or skepticism.

The TechnoGnome
2015-04-09, 11:21 PM
We're all psycho. We have to be, to have chased him this far.

She laughs, "That's one hell of a way to put it! By the way, I don't think I've introduced myself." She holds out a hand, "My name's Stacy. Hapy to meet you, Suki."

"Uh huh. So what is she thinking of doing with her time?" It is hard for tell if is is honest curiosity or skepticism.

"Take it easy, mostly. Go to a movie, maybe treat herself to a bite to eat somewhere." He smirks, "You know, have others serve her for once."

Esprit15
2015-04-09, 11:26 PM
"Uh-huh... Would you be one of those others?" That was slightly less subtle than she was going for. Just slipped out.

Lentrax
2015-04-09, 11:28 PM
Kuri-- You know what, no one here uses my name in the proper format, so I will just start introducing myself in your format. Suki Kurigama. She lightly takes the proffered hand.

Illven
2015-04-09, 11:29 PM
Becca stomped in the door. Her sword at the ready. These last few weeks in the jungles of East Marshall high had been the worst yet. First Val was taken out by drug fueled motorcyclist they rode the branches and struck when you lease expected it.

Then Becca took out the drug king pin. She laced the sword with black lotus extract for irony points. And stabbed him several times. For killing points.

Then the tigers..... Or rats the size of tigers at least.

Okay, it was like 5 minutes and maybe they saw a rat, maybe.

Suki, you alright? Becca asked rushing to the girl.

Angelalex242
2015-04-09, 11:42 PM
Becca stomped in the door. Her sword at the ready. These last few weeks in the jungles of East Marshall high had been the worst yet. First Val was taken out by drug fueled motorcyclist they rode the branches and struck when you lease expected it.

Then Becca took out the drug king pin. She laced the sword with black lotus extract for irony points. And stabbed him several times. For killing points.

Then the tigers..... Or rats the size of tigers at least.

Okay, it was like 5 minutes and maybe they saw a rat, maybe.

Suki, you alright? Becca asked rushing to the girl.

Maya, of course, also arrived.

Suki?

Maya wasn't on quite as good terms as Becca was, but she was still anxious to help, and stepped forward. Of course, she noted the other girl too. Stacy. The orchestrator of all evils perpetrated at Suki's concert. It would do no good to bring that up now.

Lentrax
2015-04-10, 12:00 AM
As the two other girls walk in and find her, Suki rubs her eyes on the sleeve of her shirt. but it does little to conceal the running mascara leaving pink streaks down her face.

No. No, I'm not.

Angelalex242
2015-04-10, 12:08 AM
As the two other girls walk in and find her, Suki rubs her eyes on the sleeve of her shirt. but it does little to conceal the running mascara leaving pink streaks down her face.

No. No, I'm not.

What happened? Is it the concert? I never got the chance to thank you for doing that for us. It will mean a lot to everyone.

Well, better now then never!

Lentrax
2015-04-10, 12:22 AM
Suki's voice was cold, and sharp. Of all the people I could be talking to, Maya, you are not anywhere close to the top of the list.

Illven
2015-04-10, 12:24 AM

No. No, I'm not.

Anything I can do to help? Becca asked putting a hand on Suki's shoulder.

Lentrax
2015-04-10, 12:28 AM
Only if you can honestly tell me you have known I was gone the entire time and have spent the last however long I have been here looking for me. But I already know that isn't true.

Angelalex242
2015-04-10, 12:30 AM
Suki's voice was cold, and sharp. Of all the people I could be talking to, Maya, you are not anywhere close to the top of the list.

Maybe not. But you did offer to do something special for the people around here, and I am grateful.

Note, Maya does not say it's something done for her. It isn't. Such concerts are done for the unfortunate people she cares for, and she has no bearing on it.

Lentrax
2015-04-10, 12:33 AM
Maybe not. But you did offer to do something special for the people around here, and I am grateful.

Note, Maya does not say it's something done for her. It isn't. Such concerts are done for the unfortunate people she cares for, and she has no bearing on it.

Suki quirked an eyebrow. I see. Don't worry. The concert will be in English. And I will not be using my Shield Maidens music. Anything else?

Illven
2015-04-10, 12:34 AM
Only if you can honestly tell me you have known I was gone the entire time and have spent the last however long I have been here looking for me. But I already know that isn't true.

I realized you were gone... I just thought you were using the bathroom at first.... Becca admitted twiddling her fingers.

Which was dumb, I now realize...

Angelalex242
2015-04-10, 12:39 AM
Suki quirked an eyebrow. I see. Don't worry. The concert will be in English. And I will not be using my Shield Maidens music. Anything else?

...I didn't restrict you on either point. And in fact, it's not even up to me. Most of that stuff has to be arranged through the beneficiary itself. But you know that already. So why worry what I think? It's really between your agents and the children's hospital itself.

...Maya's really got no say, here.

Lentrax
2015-04-10, 12:41 AM
Why are you here then?

Illven
2015-04-10, 12:46 AM
Why are you here then?

Because, I realized something was wrong, and I care. Becca replied hugging Suki.

Lentrax
2015-04-10, 12:59 AM
I don't really think anything is wrong since everything is the same as it always has been. I do something nice, and then no one notices that I vanish. I do something to help everyone, and it gets questioned. Everything I have done has been undermined by everyone around me! And what do I have to show for it? Nothing. Not a single thing. I am still just as alone as I was when my family arrived here from Japan. I am an idol. There are complete strangers that throw themselves at my feet. They throw their money away on the cheap fantasy of being the one I love! But I can't even find a love for myself! Everything I am! Everything I do! It's all for nothing! I AM NOTHING!

Angelalex242
2015-04-10, 01:06 AM
I don't really think anything is wrong since everything is the same as it always has been. I do something nice, and then no one notices that I vanish. I do something to help everyone, and it gets questioned. Everything I have done has been undermined by everyone around me! And what do I have to show for it? Nothing. Not a single thing. I am still just as alone as I was when my family arrived here from Japan. I am an idol. There are complete strangers that throw themselves at my feet. They throw their money away on the cheap fantasy of being the one I love! But I can't even find a love for myself! Everything I am! Everything I do! It's all for nothing! I AM NOTHING!

There is a hospital full of children who will soon have great reason to call you benefactor, for that's what you'll be. And...well, I noticed. Not immediately, granted...but I did catch you were missing, for whatever it's worth.

Maya suspects not much, but that's only because she and Suki aren't particularly close.

Illven
2015-04-10, 01:06 AM

You are not nothing. Becca says sternly. You're sweet, kind, caring, adaptable, smart, an amazing performer of course. Becca insists. Okay. You are not nothing.

Lentrax
2015-04-10, 01:13 AM
Sweet, kind, and caring? Ha! See? You haven't spent enough time around me, Becca-chan. Ask Robert how he feels after spending five minutes with me.

Illven
2015-04-10, 01:18 AM
Sweet, kind, and caring? Ha! See? You haven't spent enough time around me, Becca-chan. Ask Robert how he feels after spending five minutes with me.

Hun, if we used how girls react to Rob as a measuring stick of their whole person, Maya would have to turn in her saint card, Claire her half robot card, me my truth telling card, and etc. Becca said.

You are better then you think you are.

Lentrax
2015-04-10, 01:28 AM
Yeah? Then why am I so miserably alone all the time?

Illven
2015-04-10, 01:38 AM

Because you're chasing after captain oblivious. Of the oblivious line. First in line for the oblivious throne. She teases to lighten the mood.

Have you thought about anyone else?

Lentrax
2015-04-10, 01:41 AM
Suki hesitates. This isn't the time or place for this kind of discussion.

...No. No. No.

Angelalex242
2015-04-10, 01:42 AM

Also, you aren't really alone, anyway. If you were, we wouldn't have noticed at all. But here we stand. If Becca hadn't found you when she did, I was about to have the entire newspaper club make themselves useful and go looking for you. You did pay for that party, after all. Thank you for that as well.

Which is especially notable because Claire could easily have paid for it in her sleep, but Suki went out of her way to pay for it first.

Illven
2015-04-10, 01:44 AM
Suki hesitates. This isn't the time or place for this kind of discussion.

...No. No. No.

Then you know. If a monk compares his fellows ability to break boards, to his own ability to punch through steel plate. He'll feel weak, when he really isn't. Becca says.

Does that make sense? Becca added wincing.

Lentrax
2015-04-10, 01:45 AM
That is not what I meant, Maya. If you knew what I meant, you would have the decency to not say anything. especially since you don't have any interest in it. And no, Becca. That makes no sense to me, and I have a lifetime of strange proverbs, as you well know.

Illven
2015-04-10, 01:50 AM
That is not what I meant, Maya. If you knew what I meant, you would have the decency to not say anything. especially since you don't have any interest in it. And no, Becca. That makes no sense to me, and I have a lifetime of strange proverbs, as you well know.

Well what I mean is. Jill has a relationship. Claire's easier to get to like you then Robert is. Rachel and John have a relationship. Presumably they are both easier then Robert.

Even if you haven't succeeded yet. You're not worst then us, because you're trying for a more difficult target.

Lentrax
2015-04-10, 01:54 AM
I am not sure if that is actually supposed to make me feel better, but it doesn't.

Illven
2015-04-10, 01:56 AM
I am not sure if that is actually supposed to make me feel better, but it doesn't.

I'm sorry. What I mean is. Why Rob specifically? Why not try just casual dating for instance. There are dozens of guys in this school, and quite a few girls that would love to go out with you.

You might meet someone you adore. Becca said.

Lentrax
2015-04-10, 01:59 AM
Stop trying to make me feel better, Becca-chan. It isn't helping.

Suki stands up and starts heading for the door.

I am going to go home now.

Illven
2015-04-10, 02:00 AM

I'll miss you at the party. Becca said nodding.

I hope you have a good night sleep. Becca replied.

Angelalex242
2015-04-10, 02:08 AM
I'll miss you at the party. Becca said nodding.

I hope you have a good night sleep. Becca replied.

Sleep well.

Well, she tried.

The TechnoGnome
2015-04-10, 06:55 AM
"Uh-huh... Would you be one of those others?" That was slightly less subtle than she was going for. Just slipped out.

Robert turned red as he realized there wasn't going to be any hiding this from Sakuya, "Well, no, not really. Though she may have asked me to get coffee with her after the party..."

Stacy, who had backed off to give the three girls space, frowns, "You're not gonna stick around? Bummer, and just as I was getting to know you." She pulls out a slip of paper and writes her phone number down on it, "Well, if you really have to go, at least take this first. Feel free to call me whenever if you get lonely and want to hang out or talk or something, ok?"

Lentrax
2015-04-10, 09:04 AM
Yeah. Okay.

She takes the number from Stacy and gives a small bow.

Thank you, I will. Goodbye.

Suki's ponytails seem to droop even more as the dejected girl starts walking off.

Esprit15
2015-04-10, 12:01 PM
"Mm, that sounds nice." She turns around to the happy couple. "Hey Jill, you and Claire want to get coffee after we get things cleaned up? My treat, on account of us somehow pulled this off." Sakuya turns back to Robert. "Unless that's a problem."

The TechnoGnome
2015-04-10, 01:45 PM
"Mm, that sounds nice." She turns around to the happy couple. "Hey Jill, you and Claire want to get coffee after we get things cleaned up? My treat, on account of us somehow pulled this off." Sakuya turns back to Robert. "Unless that's a problem."

"Um, I don't think taking Claire out for coffee is such a good idea. We're trying to get her to actually sleep, remember? Caffeine isn't going to help any." He shoot Jill a look that screams 'help me'.

Esprit15
2015-04-10, 02:02 PM
"Yes, but we can't have her messing up her slesp schedule to sleep in the middle of the day. And she can always get something like hot chocolate instead."

Amaril
2015-04-10, 02:29 PM
Jill quickly scrambles for some way to help Robert out of Sakuya's trap. "Uh, actually, we had other plans later" she says apologetically. "We were gonna go to my place to work on our comic. And it's already getting kinda late, so after the party we should really head straight over there if we want to get anything accomplished."

Illven
2015-04-10, 02:38 PM
Becca turns to Stacy.

Hey, thanks for being there for her. She said clasping Stacy's hand. Name's Rebecca.

The TechnoGnome
2015-04-10, 03:31 PM
Jill quickly scrambles for some way to help Robert out of Sakuya's trap. "Uh, actually, we had other plans later" she says apologetically. "We were gonna go to my place to work on our comic. And it's already getting kinda late, so after the party we should really head straight over there if we want to get anything accomplished."

"Yeah," Robert said gratefully, "And, uh, no offense Sakuya, but the entire reason I'm doing this is to help Maya learn to relax. And given what happened yesterday... I'm not sure that having it be the three of us will help her do that."

Becca turns to Stacy.

Hey, thanks for being there for her. She said clasping Stacy's hand. Name's Rebecca.

Stacy smiles back, "I'm Stacy. Nice to put a name to a face. It's a shame you didn't come sooner. Suki was pretty upset you weren't here."

Esprit15
2015-04-10, 03:35 PM
"So you're going on a date with the person who tried to get me kicked out of school? Great, that's really great, Robert." And like that, she's gone to find her sister.

Illven
2015-04-10, 03:36 PM
Becca deflates a little bit.

Yeah... I ... I just couldn't find her.... And I could have sent a text message. I'm the dumbest. She sighed.

Amaril
2015-04-10, 03:39 PM
Jill grimaces after Sakuya as she walks away. "Well...I guess that's probably about as good an outcome as we could've expected."

The TechnoGnome
2015-04-10, 04:18 PM
"So you're going on a date with the person who tried to get me kicked out of school? Great, that's really great, Robert." And like that, she's gone to find her sister.

"Sakuya, wait, it's not like-" Aaaaaand she was gone.

Jill grimaces after Sakuya as she walks away. "Well...I guess that's probably about as good an outcome as we could've expected."

"Yeah, I guess," Robert said with a dejected sigh, "This is exactly why I wanted to avoid telling her to begin with. I'm just not that good at lying, I guess."

Becca deflates a little bit.

Yeah... I ... I just couldn't find her.... And I could have sent a text message. I'm the dumbest. She sighed.

"Yeah, I don't know why you didn't just do that," Stacy says dismissively, "Weird that you couldn't hear her crying either. It was pretty loud. Then again, I guess the party was even louder."

Anubis Dread
2015-04-10, 04:22 PM
"You suck at lieing and suck at telling the truth," Claire mumbled, still clearly at least half-asleep. "Being good at either would have worked... kind of dissapointed we will not be having coffee together. Sakuya and Jill are my two favorite people in the world. Except maybe my Daddy," she corrects sleepily before closing her eyes again and breathing deeply.

Illven
2015-04-10, 04:37 PM
Because I'm an idiot. Becca slumped.

Amaril
2015-04-10, 05:33 PM
Jill chuckles at Claire's ramblings, absently playing with a strand of her hair. "Eh, whatever" she says consolingly to Robert. "If she can't handle you going out with Maya, that's just her being immature. It's your choice to make."

The TechnoGnome
2015-04-10, 07:18 PM
"You suck at lieing and suck at telling the truth," Claire mumbled, still clearly at least half-asleep. "Being good at either would have worked... kind of dissapointed we will not be having coffee together. Sakuya and Jill are my two favorite people in the world. Except maybe my Daddy," she corrects sleepily before closing her eyes again and breathing deeply.

Jill chuckles at Claire's ramblings, absently playing with a strand of her hair. "Eh, whatever" she says consolingly to Robert. "If she can't handle you going out with Maya, that's just her being immature. It's your choice to make."

"Thanks for the support," Robert says, "but it's just coffee. I can't really say if it'll lead anywhere but right now we're just friends."

Because I'm an idiot. Becca slumped.

Stacy shrugged, "Whatever. Look, I need to meet up with someone, and this room's getting a little crowded. I'll see you around." And with that, Stacy was off.

Episode 5, Scene 1

It's the last day of school before Christmas Break, and the halls of East Marshall are decked to the brim! You're all in homeroom with Mr. Parker, who looks even more dour than usual. "Alright," he says bitterly, "I want all of you to tell the class what you like about this... 'season', while I sit here and drink my eggnog." He sits down and glares at the class as he pulls out a thermos and begins drinking.

It's pretty damn clear that he's only doing this to avoid talking, but hey, as long as you can avoid another rant, might as well, right? Plus, Robert looks kind of down... maybe you can try to get him in the holiday spirit!

Allure D6: Give a stirring rally to bring joy to the season! +2 VP

Skill D5: Give a bit of history about your respective holiday. +1 VP.

Luck D4: Winging it always works, right? Speak from the heart! +1 VP

Illven
2015-04-10, 07:38 PM
Becca sighs and stands up.

Don't need to have any holiday cheer to spread holiday cheer right?

Of course on the way to the front of the class. She trips over a backpack, and rips her shirt.

What I like about this season most of all, is spending time with friends and family. And how they have creatively interepeted elves. As she says this the elf paper on the chalkboard comes loose and thawps her on the head.

Gah!

She states in shock.

Allure, Shameless, Scaredy cat.

DoctorFaust
2015-04-10, 08:02 PM
Molly leans over in her seat and flops a Santa hat onto Robert's head. "Frohe Weihnachten!" she says with a grin, and then walks up to the front of the classroom. "The best thing about this season, I think, is the presents. I mean, yeah, sure, family's nice, but kinda hard to see when most of them live on the other side of the world. And given how terrible I am at actually getting off my butt and going to church over break, that's out as well. So, uh, yeah. Presents. Sweet, sweet, presents. Oh, and the stollen. Way better than your guys's nasty fruitcake."

Allure, Boyish Charm, Quaint Greeting. +3

She's wearing her panzer wrap again, but she's replaced the usual shoulder boards with red and green ones that she made.

Anubis Dread
2015-04-10, 09:23 PM
Claire had prepared for this. It was time to step forward and show the world what she had in store for them this Christmas. It had been hard to prepare things on a regular sleep schedule, but she was adjusting. And she admitting she was feeling a lot better having regular sleep.

Stepping to the front of a class with a duffel bag slung over her shoulder, Claire turned to the face the class. Taking a deep breath, she began. "There have been many stories about Christmas," she began. "Far more than there have been Christmas' in the world. But some leap to mind. Some stay with you. These are the stories that truly resonate with the Christmas spirit. I am here today to share one such story."

"On an alien planet many lightyears from earth there is a planet. This planet was once embroiled in an ancient and powerful war...

"By channeling their Flow the warrior women struck back. Trained in the deadly arts they made up for the lessening spacecraft superiority with power at arms. Their favored tactic was to board the enemy vessels. Once on board a single warrior could decimate an entire dreadnaught...

"With peace came complatency. The warrior women grew restless. War seemed inveitable. This time not against an enemy. But among themselves. A council was called...

"So the death battles became a sport. Still deadly. But safer. And as a sport other things began to grow from it. Dealerships. Skimpier clothes to draw in viewership. A focus on charisma as much as skill...

"...and so it is to this current day. You may wonder what this has to do with Christmas," Claire finished, looking at the crowd of students. "To that I have but one answer... commercialism."

Reaching into her bag, Claire grabbed out a poster and slammed it so it stuck to the blackboard. On it was a skimpily dressed protagnist in a sci-fi outfit in an action pose. "Mine and Jill's comic came onto shelves this week. It is an excellent piece of literature that will make you cry. Exclaim. Arroused. And it can be yours for a small investment at your local comic shop. I have brought a few issues to show around class," she went on, reaching into her duffel bag and handing some copies to the students in the front row. "Look them over and pass them around the class. If you like I will also be selling my own personal copies if you would like to retain them after class at a heavy discount. I only brought fifty. First come first serve."

Allure, School Queen +2, Poker Face +2

Esprit15
2015-04-10, 10:18 PM
"What I love about Christmas... Why, the same reason the Romans loved Saturnalia of course! We're close to the winter solstice, and with that comes the inevitable return of sunlight!

We don't notice it so much here, but consider somewhere further north, like Italy, Germany, England - there, this time of year got very dark, for a very long time," Sakuya begins with a jovial tone, but moves into a quieter, more mysterious one as she begins talking of cold and death. She begins walking back and forth in front of the class, moving towards the lights and giving them a quick flick. "And with that darkness... came the cold. Crops wouldn't grow, and who could tend them anyways?" She looks outside to open the window, but it was way too warm for snow, as always. "People would starve if they hadn't saved up enough to make it. We laugh about 'six more weeks of winter' in February, but imagine, six weeks of not being able to feed your family. People take it for granted how lucky we are right now, to live in a building where nobody even has to think of how cold it is outside." With the room dark, she begins to walk around the class. "And that's not even considering what people will do. After all," she says from behind one student, "In the dead of winter, under the cover of darkness, is the ideal time to deal with long running conflicts with a neigbor. After all, at ten below, Farenheignt, who wants to search a body?"

The lights flash back on. "But that's why we have celebrations like this!" she says, once again happy and energetic. "Because people need to take their minds off of such heavy knowledge! It's why people who know each other find reason to meet up, get wasted and have a jolly time! We exchange gifts, splurge just a little to remind ourselves that we can! I love the holiday because I live in a time where we don't have to go through the same thing our ancestors did, and we have an excuse to party with friends, family and loved ones." That last bit was totally not said right in Robert's direction.
Murderous Love (Man, I am opening the episodes with that a lot)
Conflict (+1), Terrifying (+2, because that totally wasn't a reminder to the class that now is the time of year to make a body disappear)

Angelalex242
2015-04-10, 10:54 PM
Maya had, perhaps, the most predictable response in the world.

The history of Christmas? Ahem.

In those days, a decree went out from Caesar Augustus that the whole world should be enrolled.

And she recited the WHOLE THING. Verbatim. Off book. The strictest acting coach in the world would be proud of her line memorization.

Strong skill, Practiced Grace.

Amaril
2015-04-10, 11:31 PM
Jill's d'awwing at Becca's answer is quickly cut short by Claire starting in on the promotion for their comic. She sucks in air through her teeth and clenches her hands into terrified fists, but to her pleasant surprise, Claire actually manages to avoid making her synopsis awkward, and actually does pretty well with it. At the least, it doesn't sound any weirder to a casual audience than a description of most genre fiction settings. Heaving a sigh of relief, Jill goes back to waiting her turn.
When it arrives, she hops eagerly up to the front of the class. "Well, uh, Claire already covered the promotion for the comic" she starts in with a nervous chuckle, "so I guess I'll just talk about Christmas." She makes a show of hmming in thought. "I know a lot of people attach a religious meaning to Christmas, but I've always thought the real heart of it is connection. Like lots of people have said, it's a time when we go out of our way to get in touch with friends and family, people we don't necessarily see or interact with a lot, and we focus on strengthening those relationships. The gift-giving, the parties, touchstones like carols and movies, I think it's all about having something to connect over. Of course, the presents definitely don't hurt either" she finishes with a grin before curtsying and going back to her desk.

Lentrax
2015-04-11, 12:37 AM
Suki has continued to spiral down, her depression only seeming to ever deepen. The only times she ever seemed happy were when she practiced with her band. Or when you could tell she was putting on a show for someone's benefit. Her clothing gradually changed from the bright cheerful bright colors, to deeper, darker colors. Dark purples and blacks, some deep blues on occasion. But today.... Today saw a new addition to her wardrobe. Broken mechanical wings hang from her shoulders. She slumps over her desk, and hardly responds when several students prod her, saying its her turn. When she finally does stand up, her shoulders are slumped and her chin rests on her sweater.

Christmas is supposed to be about joy and happiness, and spending time with your loved ones. she mumbles. But joy can turn to despair and when you start losing everything, it's hard to see a reason to keep going. It's hard to keep pushing yourself, and all you want to do is lay down because you realize you are finally broken. It's when you do realize you are broken that despair truly sets in, because you realize you have little left to fix.

Straight luck.

The TechnoGnome
2015-04-11, 07:59 PM
Becca sighs and stands up.

Don't need to have any holiday cheer to spread holiday cheer right?

Of course on the way to the front of the class. She trips over a backpack, and rips her shirt.

What I like about this season most of all, is spending time with friends and family. And how they have creatively interepeted elves. As she says this the elf paper on the chalkboard comes loose and thawps her on the head.

Gah!

She states in shock.

Allure, Shameless, Scaredy cat.

Robert starts in his seat, then gets up to help put the elf back up on the chalkboard and make sure Becca is alright. Mr. Parker just sighs and takes another drink of his eggnog as Robert helps Becca back to her seat. "You'll have to tell me about the elf thing later," he says with a smirk.

Molly leans over in her seat and flops a Santa hat onto Robert's head. "Frohe Weihnachten!" she says with a grin, and then walks up to the front of the classroom. "The best thing about this season, I think, is the presents. I mean, yeah, sure, family's nice, but kinda hard to see when most of them live on the other side of the world. And given how terrible I am at actually getting off my butt and going to church over break, that's out as well. So, uh, yeah. Presents. Sweet, sweet, presents. Oh, and the stollen. Way better than your guys's nasty fruitcake."

Allure, Boyish Charm, Quaint Greeting. +3

She's wearing her panzer wrap again, but she's replaced the usual shoulder boards with red and green ones that she made.

The class laughs at the last statement, and Robert can't help but smile a bit as he adjusts the Santa hat on his head.

Claire had prepared for this. It was time to step forward and show the world what she had in store for them this Christmas. It had been hard to prepare things on a regular sleep schedule, but she was adjusting. And she admitting she was feeling a lot better having regular sleep.

Stepping to the front of a class with a duffel bag slung over her shoulder, Claire turned to the face the class. Taking a deep breath, she began. "There have been many stories about Christmas," she began. "Far more than there have been Christmas' in the world. But some leap to mind. Some stay with you. These are the stories that truly resonate with the Christmas spirit. I am here today to share one such story."

"On an alien planet many lightyears from earth there is a planet. This planet was once embroiled in an ancient and powerful war...

"By channeling their Flow the warrior women struck back. Trained in the deadly arts they made up for the lessening spacecraft superiority with power at arms. Their favored tactic was to board the enemy vessels. Once on board a single warrior could decimate an entire dreadnaught...

"With peace came complatency. The warrior women grew restless. War seemed inveitable. This time not against an enemy. But among themselves. A council was called...

"So the death battles became a sport. Still deadly. But safer. And as a sport other things began to grow from it. Dealerships. Skimpier clothes to draw in viewership. A focus on charisma as much as skill...

"...and so it is to this current day. You may wonder what this has to do with Christmas," Claire finished, looking at the crowd of students. "To that I have but one answer... commercialism."

Reaching into her bag, Claire grabbed out a poster and slammed it so it stuck to the blackboard. On it was a skimpily dressed protagnist in a sci-fi outfit in an action pose. "Mine and Jill's comic came onto shelves this week. It is an excellent piece of literature that will make you cry. Exclaim. Arroused. And it can be yours for a small investment at your local comic shop. I have brought a few issues to show around class," she went on, reaching into her duffel bag and handing some copies to the students in the front row. "Look them over and pass them around the class. If you like I will also be selling my own personal copies if you would like to retain them after class at a heavy discount. I only brought fifty. First come first serve."

Allure, School Queen +2, Poker Face +2

Mr. Parker stops Claire before she can pass out too many copies, "For the last time, Ms. Archer, no sales pitches in class. Now sit down."

"What I love about Christmas... Why, the same reason the Romans loved Saturnalia of course! We're close to the winter solstice, and with that comes the inevitable return of sunlight!

We don't notice it so much here, but consider somewhere further north, like Italy, Germany, England - there, this time of year got very dark, for a very long time," Sakuya begins with a jovial tone, but moves into a quieter, more mysterious one as she begins talking of cold and death. She begins walking back and forth in front of the class, moving towards the lights and giving them a quick flick. "And with that darkness... came the cold. Crops wouldn't grow, and who could tend them anyways?" She looks outside to open the window, but it was way too warm for snow, as always. "People would starve if they hadn't saved up enough to make it. We laugh about 'six more weeks of winter' in February, but imagine, six weeks of not being able to feed your family. People take it for granted how lucky we are right now, to live in a building where nobody even has to think of how cold it is outside." With the room dark, she begins to walk around the class. "And that's not even considering what people will do. After all," she says from behind one student, "In the dead of winter, under the cover of darkness, is the ideal time to deal with long running conflicts with a neigbor. After all, at ten below, Farenheignt, who wants to search a body?"

The lights flash back on. "But that's why we have celebrations like this!" she says, once again happy and energetic. "Because people need to take their minds off of such heavy knowledge! It's why people who know each other find reason to meet up, get wasted and have a jolly time! We exchange gifts, splurge just a little to remind ourselves that we can! I love the holiday because I live in a time where we don't have to go through the same thing our ancestors did, and we have an excuse to party with friends, family and loved ones." That last bit was totally not said right in Robert's direction.
Murderous Love (Man, I am opening the episodes with that a lot)
Conflict (+1), Terrifying (+2, because that totally wasn't a reminder to the class that now is the time of year to make a body disappear)

Surprisingly enough, Mr. Parker doesn't react at all to Sakuya's rather threatening presentation, not even to stop her. Robert for his part seems to at least get the hint in the last sentence, and nods in agreement.

Maya had, perhaps, the most predictable response in the world.

The history of Christmas? Ahem.

In those days, a decree went out from Caesar Augustus that the whole world should be enrolled.

And she recited the WHOLE THING. Verbatim. Off book. The strictest acting coach in the world would be proud of her line memorization.

Strong skill, Practiced Grace.

While most of the class appears bored by this pageantry, Robert is dutifully paying attention. As Maya sits back down, Robert leans over and whispers, "That was pretty impressive, memorizing the entire thing and all."

Jill's d'awwing at Becca's answer is quickly cut short by Claire starting in on the promotion for their comic. She sucks in air through her teeth and clenches her hands into terrified fists, but to her pleasant surprise, Claire actually manages to avoid making her synopsis awkward, and actually does pretty well with it. At the least, it doesn't sound any weirder to a casual audience than a description of most genre fiction settings. Heaving a sigh of relief, Jill goes back to waiting her turn.
When it arrives, she hops eagerly up to the front of the class. "Well, uh, Claire already covered the promotion for the comic" she starts in with a nervous chuckle, "so I guess I'll just talk about Christmas." She makes a show of hmming in thought. "I know a lot of people attach a religious meaning to Christmas, but I've always thought the real heart of it is connection. Like lots of people have said, it's a time when we go out of our way to get in touch with friends and family, people we don't necessarily see or interact with a lot, and we focus on strengthening those relationships. The gift-giving, the parties, touchstones like carols and movies, I think it's all about having something to connect over. Of course, the presents definitely don't hurt either" she finishes with a grin before curtsying and going back to her desk.

As she sits down, Robert leans over and says, "Great points. Lord knows I need that kind of thing right now."

Suki has continued to spiral down, her depression only seeming to ever deepen. The only times she ever seemed happy were when she practiced with her band. Or when you could tell she was putting on a show for someone's benefit. Her clothing gradually changed from the bright cheerful bright colors, to deeper, darker colors. Dark purples and blacks, some deep blues on occasion. But today.... Today saw a new addition to her wardrobe. Broken mechanical wings hang from her shoulders. She slumps over her desk, and hardly responds when several students prod her, saying its her turn. When she finally does stand up, her shoulders are slumped and her chin rests on her sweater.

Christmas is supposed to be about joy and happiness, and spending time with your loved ones. she mumbles. But joy can turn to despair and when you start losing everything, it's hard to see a reason to keep going. It's hard to keep pushing yourself, and all you want to do is lay down because you realize you are finally broken. It's when you do realize you are broken that despair truly sets in, because you realize you have little left to fix.

Straight luck.

The mood of the entire class drops at Suki's presentation. Mr. Parker just stares as Suki in shock, "Damn." He holds the thermos of eggnog out to Suki, "Here. You need this more than I do."

As the class is left to mingle after the presentations, Robert comes up to the others, "Well, Merry Christmas everyone! Or should I be saying Happy Holidays?" He still seems kind of down, but the presentations seem to have at least lifted his spirits enough to look happy.

"I... I th-think it d-depends on wh-whether a-any of th-them c-celebrate something o-other than C-Christmas," Betty says, while wearing an absolutely awful looking Christmas sweater with no shame whatsoever.

Molly, Sakuya, Jill, and Rebecca gain +2 VP; Maya gains +1 VP

Illven
2015-04-11, 08:12 PM
Becca also tries to sniff the air around Mr.Parker. He reek of booze?

The TechnoGnome
2015-04-11, 08:18 PM
Nope. No alcohol here. And there never was, what are you talking about? Nope, no edits here :smalltongue:

Illven
2015-04-11, 08:23 PM
I wouldn't say he reeks of booze, but yeah, that eggnog's probably spiked. So maybe a tiny whiff of alcohol.

I think he's fired at that point. I mean drinking around children in class?

DoctorFaust
2015-04-11, 08:42 PM
"Not sure it wouldn't be Merry Christmas, considering it's, like, a week away." Molly replies as she hops up to sit on the edge of her desk. "So, what's been up, Robert? "

Illven
2015-04-11, 08:44 PM
Not editing my post. :smalltongue: ]

Well first, they are supposed to be medium creatures. Becca replied.

Angelalex242
2015-04-11, 08:47 PM

...And look like Orlando Bloom?

While reverent towards the spiritual side of Christmas, Maya is perfectly fine with making fun of Santa and all things related.

The TechnoGnome
2015-04-11, 09:06 PM

...And look like Orlando Bloom?

While reverent towards the spiritual side of Christmas, Maya is perfectly fine with making fun of Santa and all things related.

"Yeah, I guess," Robert said with a chuckle, "Also, doesn't some folklore have elves be evil demons or something?"

"Not sure it wouldn't be Merry Christmas, considering it's, like, a week away." Molly replies as she hops up to sit on the edge of her desk. "So, what's been up, Robert? "

"Eh, same old, same old," Robert says with a shrug, "I'm just kind of relieved break will be starting soon. How about you? Got any special plans for the holidays? I mean, I know you're staying around here, but is your family doing anything special to celebrate?"

Illven
2015-04-11, 09:14 PM
Well, fey tend to be pranksters. Becca explains.

DoctorFaust
2015-04-11, 09:31 PM
"'Elves are wonderful. They provoke wonder. Elves are marvellous. They cause marvels. Elves are fantastic. They create fantasies. Elves are glamorous. They project glamour. Elves are enchanting. They weave enchantment. Elves are terrific. They beget terror.'" Molly quotes. "But nah, my parents haven't said anything about plans. I was hoping we would get to go back up to Mammoth again this year, but I guess not."

Amaril
2015-04-11, 09:34 PM
Jill quirks an eyebrow at Molly's reference. "Isn't the next part of that 'nobody ever said elves were nice. Elves are bad'?"

Lentrax
2015-04-11, 09:45 PM
Suki sits back down, the discussion on elves not being able to draw her interest. The offered drink is passed up, Suki sits in her desk, resting her head upon her arm, her long dark blue hair spreading out and spilling down the sides.

The TechnoGnome
2015-04-11, 10:07 PM
Well, fey tend to be pranksters. Becca explains.

"I knew it. Those sneaky elves."

"'Elves are wonderful. They provoke wonder. Elves are marvellous. They cause marvels. Elves are fantastic. They create fantasies. Elves are glamorous. They project glamour. Elves are enchanting. They weave enchantment. Elves are terrific. They beget terror.'" Molly quotes. "But nah, my parents haven't said anything about plans. I was hoping we would get to go back up to Mammoth again this year, but I guess not."

Jill quirks an eyebrow at Molly's reference. "Isn't the next part of that 'nobody ever said elves were nice. Elves are bad'?"

Betty gives a small smile at the quote, "I l-like that one m-myself..."

Robert shrugs, then turns to Molly, "Man, that's a bummer. It'd be nice to head up in the mountains. I'm kind of having a hard time getting into the spirit of Christmas without snow."

Illven
2015-04-11, 10:08 PM
Suki sits back down, the discussion on elves not being able to draw her interest. The offered drink is passed up, Suki sits in her desk, resting her head upon her arm, her long dark blue hair spreading out and spilling down the sides.

Becca leaves the discussion on elves to walk over to Suki's desk, and lean down.

Want a hug? She offers.

Amaril
2015-04-11, 10:13 PM
Noticing Becca trying to console Suki, Jill likewise turns to her desk. "We're here if you need anything, sweetie. Just say the word." She tries hard to sound sympathetic, feeling suddenly guilty over having been distracted by the others.

Angelalex242
2015-04-11, 10:15 PM
"I knew it. Those sneaky elves."

Robert shrugs, then turns to Molly, "Man, that's a bummer. It'd be nice to head up in the mountains. I'm kind of having a hard time getting into the spirit of Christmas without snow."

...Are you homesick, Robert? Or rather, citysick?

While he has a home here, it's not his hometown.

Esprit15
2015-04-11, 10:17 PM
"Well there are always places you can go for snow. Even in town, it would just end up brown and all over the sidewalks. Hardly a winter wonderland."

The TechnoGnome
2015-04-11, 10:30 PM
...Are you homesick, Robert? Or rather, citysick?

While he has a home here, it's not his hometown.

Robert sighed, "Yeah, kind of. It's my first Christmas here after all, and I guess this is the first time it's really hit me just how far away I am."

"Well there are always places you can go for snow. Even in town, it would just end up brown and all over the sidewalks. Hardly a winter wonderland."

"I guess," Robert says with a sigh, "I dunno, I'm just not in the mood for the season as is."

Anubis Dread
2015-04-11, 10:45 PM
"...it is going to be a twelve part series with a once a month schedule. So far we are actually ahead of where we need to be. Even factoring in the planning fallacy we should be well set up to stay on schedule," Claire explained to the girl next to her as she looked over the comic. "Look it over. Announcements for when the next issues will be released will also appear in the school news paper when closer to time."

That was everyone around her. She could take a small rest since Mr. Parker had forbidden advertising in class. As usual a complete thorn in her side. But at least he was being a tolerable one.

"I guess," Robert says with a sigh, "I dunno, I'm just not in the mood for the season as is."

Hearing that last part, Claire turned around and frowned at Robert seriously. "That is unacceptable," Claire told him. "I refuse to allow you to let a Christmas come and go without enjoying it. It is the best time of the year. Excepting my birthday. But until my birthday become a public holiday Christmas is the best time of the year that is universally celebrated. At least in it's non-religious commercialized form," she amended. "What can I do to 'get you in the mood' so to speak. ...not that mood. Though if that mood WOULD make you feel better my invitation is still open. Albeit far more conditional."

Angelalex242
2015-04-11, 10:58 PM
"...it is going to be a twelve part series with a once a month schedule. So far we are actually ahead of where we need to be. Even factoring in the planning fallacy we should be well set up to stay on schedule," Claire explained to the girl next to her as she looked over the comic. "Look it over. Announcements for when the next issues will be released will also appear in the school news paper when closer to time."

That was everyone around her. She could take a small rest since Mr. Parker had forbidden advertising in class. As usual a complete thorn in her side. But at least he was being a tolerable one.

Hearing that last part, Claire turned around and frowned at Robert seriously. "That is unacceptable," Claire told him. "I refuse to allow you to let a Christmas come and go without enjoying it. It is the best time of the year. Excepting my birthday. But until my birthday become a public holiday Christmas is the best time of the year that is universally celebrated. At least in it's non-religious commercialized form," she amended. "What can I do to 'get you in the mood' so to speak. ...not that mood. Though if that mood WOULD make you feel better my invitation is still open. Albeit far more conditional."

...Actually, Claire, this probably IS your time to help. Because if we wanted to visit his hometown...well, it's possible, if you make things happen. One private jet later, and we could end up pretty much wherever you felt like.

As much as Maya feels no need for wealth herself, she must admit there's times it's useful.

The TechnoGnome
2015-04-11, 11:16 PM

Betty looks mortified at this, though Robert laughs it off, "No, I think I'm good there. But seriously, I'm not sure yet. I'll let you know if I can think of something, though. You guys caring helps, though."

...Actually, Claire, this probably IS your time to help. Because if we wanted to visit his hometown...well, it's possible, if you make things happen. One private jet later, and we could end up pretty much wherever you felt like.

As much as Maya feels no need for wealth herself, she must admit there's times it's useful.

Robert shakes his head, "That would be nice, but I'm not sure it'd entirely work. Most of my living relatives are here after all. Besides, I wouldn't want Claire to do something that excessive on my behalf."

DoctorFaust
2015-04-11, 11:19 PM

"Pratchett was really good. That one and Jugulum are probably my favorites."

Robert sighed, "Yeah, kind of. It's my first Christmas here after all, and I guess this is the first time it's really hit me just how far away I am."

"Yeah, it was kinda rough for me last year as well. Helped that I actually got to home. Actually, now that I think back, there really wasn't that much snow in Dresden, either." Molly says. "We just went to the Alps over break a lot of years."

Anubis Dread
2015-04-11, 11:45 PM
Betty looks mortified at this, though Robert laughs it off, "No, I think I'm good there. But seriously, I'm not sure yet. I'll let you know if I can think of something, though. You guys caring helps, though."

Claire gave Robert a small smile, placing a hand on his shoulder gently. "Very well. I hope that you feel better," she tells him genuinely. Robert may no longer be of romantic interest to her, but he was still a good friend.

[COLOR="#FFD700"]"Yeah, it was kinda rough for me last year as well. Helped that I actually got to home. Actually, now that I think back, there really wasn't that much snow in Dresden, either." Molly says. "We just went to the Alps over break a lot of years."

"That sounds very interesting," Claire remarks. "Going to the Alps in the Winter sounds like it would be a wonderful experience. I have always enjoyed snow," she admitted.

Lentrax
2015-04-12, 12:03 AM
Becca leaves the discussion on elves to walk over to Suki's desk, and lean down.

Want a hug? She offers.

Suki turns her head just enough to be able to look up at Becca. I've been telling you for weeks, Becca-chan, this isn't something you can help with. It isn't something you can just hug away, so save your hugs for Valerie. They can be put to far better use there.

Esprit15
2015-04-12, 12:14 AM
"Damn, you guys are lucky. My family tends to stay here during Christmas. Not much reason to go visit family for a holiday they don't celebrate."

DoctorFaust
2015-04-12, 12:16 AM
"That sounds very interesting," Claire remarks. "Going to the Alps in the Winter sounds like it would be a wonderful experience. I have always enjoyed snow," she admitted.

"Oh, it really really is," Molly says. She grins, and then adds, "Only problem is, a lot of other people think the exact same thing, so the slopes get really crowded a lot of days."

Illven
2015-04-12, 12:22 AM
Suki turns her head just enough to be able to look up at Becca. I've been telling you for weeks, Becca-chan, this isn't something you can help with. It isn't something you can just hug away, so save your hugs for Valerie. They can be put to far better use there.

I want to help. Please tell me how I can help. Becca asked.

The TechnoGnome
2015-04-12, 12:36 AM
"Pratchett was really good. That one and Jugulum are probably my favorites."

"'G-Guards, G-Guards!' is p-probably my f-favorite." Betty says, though she's a bit distracted by the rather dour atmosphere that Robert and Suki are giving off.

"Oh, it really really is," Molly says. She grins, and then adds, "Only problem is, a lot of other people think the exact same thing, so the slopes get really crowded a lot of days."

"Ah..." Robert said, "That's got to be annoying. Did you ever have one of those 'gosh-darn tourist' moments?"

Claire gave Robert a small smile, placing a hand on his shoulder gently. "Very well. I hope that you feel better," she tells him genuinely. Robert may no longer be of romantic interest to her, but he was still a good friend.

"Thanks Claire," Robert says with a smile, "that alone means a lot."

He turns to Sakuya, "Yeah, my family never really did that sort of thing either. Very old-fashioned 'home for the holidays' mindset, and most of the family lived close anyway."

Betty looks down at her feet awkwardly at that last statement.

Anubis Dread
2015-04-12, 12:48 AM
"I can imagine. I believe it would still be worth the crowds however," Claire replied to Molly thoughtfully.

Robert was still in a dour mood. But he seemed to be doing slightly better. Claire was glad she reached out to him. However... when he spoke Betty seemed somewhat distracted. Or perhaps outright disturbed? "Is something wrong Betty?" Claire had to ask. She liked Betty. If something was wrong she wanted to assist.

Esprit15
2015-04-12, 01:04 AM
"Come on, I'm sure all locals are bothered to some degree by tourists. No matter how well someone blends in, there's normally something that they could be doing differently." She looks back to Robert as she realizes that she's kind of rambling about something he isn't interested in. "Well if Claire offering herself to you isn't going to cheer you up, what can we do to make this a better season?"

DoctorFaust
2015-04-12, 01:10 AM
"Nah, considering I was one of those 'gosh darn tourists'." She reaches up, and scratches at her head for a moment, thinking. "The place we went to a lot, Zermatt, was about five or six hours away. It was kinda weird, though, how few of the Americans I met there didn't speak any other languages." Molly stops again, and giggles. "Then again, I didn't know any English for most of the times I went, so I guess I'm not really one to talk."

The TechnoGnome
2015-04-12, 01:31 AM
@ Molly

"Yeah... you know, sometimes I forget you've only been here a year longer than I have. I've got to say though, your English is very good. How long did it take for you to pick up on the language?"

"Come on, I'm sure all locals are bothered to some degree by tourists. No matter how well someone blends in, there's normally something that they could be doing differently." She looks back to Robert as she realizes that she's kind of rambling about something he isn't interested in. "Well if Claire offering herself to you isn't going to cheer you up, what can we do to make this a better season?"

"Honestly, I don't know. There's just a lot going on in my life right now, and... well, being with family isn't really helping."

"I can imagine. I believe it would still be worth the crowds however," Claire replied to Molly thoughtfully.

Robert was still in a dour mood. But he seemed to be doing slightly better. Claire was glad she reached out to him. However... when he spoke Betty seemed somewhat distracted. Or perhaps outright disturbed? "Is something wrong Betty?" Claire had to ask. She liked Betty. If something was wrong she wanted to assist.

Betty looks upset at Robert's last statement. She turns to Claire, "I-it's just... I can't say" She lowers her voice further, "N-not in f-front of R-Robert..."

Anubis Dread
2015-04-12, 01:36 AM
Even Claire could tell what about Robert's last statement had been upsetting, and frowned at him. She wished to say something. But Becca seemed embarrassed about the situation. Perhaps it would be better not to say something without her express content?

Pulling out her phone and holding it up significantly, Claire sent Betty a text.

Is Robert being remarkably insensitive the only problem, or is there something more? Also, please allow me to chastise him on your behalf. Or perhaps slap him.

Lentrax
2015-04-12, 01:45 AM
I want to help. Please tell me how I can help. Becca asked.

Suki sighed. She knows Becca is only trying to help, and after a month of trying to keep everyone out, she just gives up. Another long, exaggerated exhale is followed by one of the most coherent statements you have gotten from her for some time. Fine. I'll show you what's wrong after school. Just, for now, let me be...

The TechnoGnome
2015-04-12, 01:54 AM
Even Claire could tell what about Robert's last statement had been upsetting, and frowned at him. She wished to say something. But Betty seemed embarrassed about the situation. Perhaps it would be better not to say something without her express content?

Pulling out her phone and holding it up significantly, Claire sent Betty a text.

Is Robert being remarkably insensitive the only problem, or is there something more? Also, please allow me to chastise him on your behalf. Or perhaps slap him.

Betty read the text, then shook her head and texted back.

Kind of. I just feel guilty because I know how much he misses home but I haven't spent time with my dad's side of the family a lot before especially around Christmas so what's making his Christmas horrible is what would make it my best if he wasn't so sad. And if my dad and his dad weren;t fighting all the time. I want to think that's what he meant. And you actually want to do that for me?