PDA

View Full Version : What domains do you think are good/bad for the favored soul?

Rfkannen
2015-04-06, 07:35 PM
So we just got the favored soul, and personally I think it is badass. However the thing that I am thinking about is what domains you pick, hard choice. I mean that is an insane amount of spells.

What domains do you think work best with the favored soul sorcerer? I mean to me obviously life is the absolute best, what do you think the second best one is?

ps. Personally I am tottaly run a favored sould with a 2 level paladin dip. What domain do you think would work with that?

Grayson01
2015-04-06, 07:53 PM
So we just got the favored soul, and personally I think it is badass. However the thing that I am thinking about is what domains you pick, hard choice. I mean that is an insane amount of spells.

What domains do you think work best with the favored soul sorcerer? I mean to me obviously life is the absolute best, what do you think the second best one is?

ps. Personally I am tottaly run a favored sould with a 2 level paladin dip. What domain do you think would work with that?

OOOh what did the Favored Soul come out in?

Rfkannen
2015-04-06, 08:01 PM
OOOh what did the Favored Soul come out in?

just an unearthed arcana as an example. It is pretty cool though.
http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/modifying-classes

Durazno
2015-04-06, 08:02 PM
https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/modifying-classes (https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/modifying-classes)

Right here!

EDIT: Too slow...

Grayson01
2015-04-06, 08:09 PM
Thanks, Can't open it at work so I will check it out later. Did we get anything else in there?

Ralanr
2015-04-06, 08:11 PM
Thanks, Can't open it at work so I will check it out later. Did we get anything else in there?

A nonmagical ranger variant.

Callin
2015-04-06, 08:19 PM
Honestly the only 2 that I think are worth a dang as far as the Favored Soul goes is Life and War. Both have solid spell lists with spells they dont normally get access to.

Ralanr
2015-04-06, 08:21 PM
Honestly the only 2 that I think are worth a dang as far as the Favored Soul goes is Life and War. Both have solid spell lists with spells they dont normally get access to.

What about Tempest? (AFB)

Easy_Lee
2015-04-06, 08:22 PM
Knowledge: quickening or twinning command is useful at all levels, since it's basically a wisdom saving throw or lose the turn and do something I want you to do while you're at it. Between spells like command, suggestion, arcane eye, nondetection, scrying, and confusion, this domain is practically begging for subtle spell, just saying. Could be a lot of fun to be had here.

Life Domain: heal allies and have a very good scaling bonus action spell in spiritual weapon. Twin a raise dead to effectively halve the cost of bringing two people back to life. Twin your healing spells to double the healing output.

Trickery: many of the same reasons as knowledge is effective. Use twin to double the output of spells like charm person, dominate person, and polymorph. Use subtle to create silent disguises, mirror images, silently pass without trace, silently blink, and even cast modify memory to alter a crucial NPC mid-dialog.

War Domain: Twinned freedom of movement, twinned magic weapon, twinned hold monster, twinned shield of faith. Your allies will love you.

Gwendol
2015-04-08, 02:50 AM
Tempest and Light domains are overlapping a little too much with the sorcerer spell list. On the other hand, picking one of those domains will free up sorcerer spell choices. The arcane spell list is after all "better".
Nature is less amenable to metamagic, but will surely find use in a nature themed campaign.

The other domains are all solid choices, my favorites are war and life.

Anderlith
2015-04-08, 06:11 PM
Purely for fluff I like the idea of a Tempest Favored Soul.

Mechanically probably War or Life depending on if you want to heal or hit

SharkForce
2015-04-08, 08:50 PM
honestly, i really like the look of trickery. it doesn't add much to the sorcerer list, but it adds a lot of spells that i would be happy to have on my spells know list as a sorcerer. it feels very much like a strong gish when you add in metamagic, and with the popular paladin splash you get a lot of that "channel spells through my weapon" feel to it.