PDA

View Full Version : World Help Kingdom Ideas - Looking for Feeback

Jendekit
2015-04-06, 11:09 PM
Earlier today I started working on a new setting (or maybe a continent in my main setting, I don't know yet) and decided to start with the main groups then design the geography afterwards. I currently have three major political powers: the dog-loving Wedel, the aristocratic Elven Coalition, and the tropics dwelling Holy Zat Empire.

The Wedel are the only of the three major powers not racially based. Divided into dozens of semi-nomadic clans, most clans contain a racial mix of humans, elves, dwarves, half-elves, halflings, and the rare zat family. The Wedel are basically me building on the example culture I gave in another thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?407690-Trying-to-design-a-variety-of-kingdoms).

The Elven Coalition is a collection of seven elven city-states in a military, political, and trade alliance. Six of these seven city-states are matriarchal and most treat non-elves as second class citizens or outright slaves.

The Holy Zat Empire is the oldest and largest of the three major powers, and is ruled by the zat (a custom race, if there is enough interest I'll post the stats) priest caste. Inspired partially by Mesoamerican empires and a few other theocracies (both historical and fictional), the Holy Zat Empire is looking to expand their territory.

Now, outside of the stats for two new dog breeds, this is what I currently have. I will continue to work on these, but if anyone has any ideas, feedback, or questions, do not hesitate to speak up.

BootStrapTommy
2015-04-25, 04:19 PM
Elven Coalition?

Holy Zat Empire?

You didn't pull any punches with the self-evidence of the names, did you? Given the Wendel have a cool unique name (and culture for that matter), maybe you could forge names for the others that serve less as descriptions and more as original, organic sounding epithets?

Perhaps a more acronym-able name for the elves? Coalition of Elven States or CES. Unless you feel that sounds too modern.

As for the Holy Zat Empire, do the Zat speak the same language as their neighbors? If not, they may call their empire the "Holy Zat Empire" in their language, but foreigners might just use a bastardized version of that phrase in zat-ese, rather than the translation of that phrase.