PDA

View Full Version : [3.P] Speeding Up Spell Prep?

Rubik
2015-04-07, 10:14 AM
I have a gestalt character primarily using his psionic manifesting class for most effects, but with dips in both conjuror (for abrupt jaunt) and cleric (for Initiate of Mystra). He has the Magic Mantle to make complete transparency a non-issue, but that's neither here nor there.

Thing is, a manifester's prep time is a single round of concentration to renew his power point pools for the day, but wizard and cleric each take an hour. Granted, I only have one level in the former and three levels in the latter, but I still want to use their spells (such as Prestidigitation for cleaning and so on), and I don't want to spend an hour every day on spells which are handy, but not necessary.

I know I can partially prep spells for the wizard side to cut my time down, and use 15 minutes of prep time later on to prep additional spells, but that does nothing for the cleric side, and it still requires large amounts of prep-work even so.

Are there any other ways to massively speed up spell prep, preferably to 10 minutes or less?

Rubik
2015-04-17, 07:43 PM
So far, I've found the Spell Engine spell from the Spell Compendium. For 500 gp and 250 xp, you can cut your spell prep time in half.

And I suppose a fast time demiplane would cut the effective time down to "negligible," though you'd still have to prep for a subjective hour on the plane.

WhamBamSam
2015-04-17, 10:25 PM
Uncanny Forethought to use Spell Engine as a full-round action?

shaikujin
2015-04-18, 02:54 AM
One more way is by using nested Lucid Dreaming to finish everything using 1 standard action, Inception style.

It's similar to your fast time plane idea, but uses a skill instead of a spell. However, it should come online earlier as high level spells or genesis is not required. The caster still spends the subjective time to do these though.

Real world (or the current plane you are on)
0a) Use Synchronicity to get a Standard action (Timestop or other ways to get an action works as well. Or simply suck it up and spend your normal standard action)
0b) Use standard action to activate Lucid Dreaming skill

Dreamheart Nest 1
1a) Reach a pocket of Dreamheart (Region of Dreams), where time flows 10:1. ie 10 min here is equivalent to 1 min in the real world
1b) That means if less than 60 seconds is passed here, we can still return to the real world in the same round
1c) Use standard action to use Lucid Dreaming again

Nest 2
2a) Reach another pocket of Region of Dreams (which is another pocket dimension itself)
2b) 60 secs becomes 600 secs (10 mins)
2c) Use standard action to use Lucid Dreaming again

Nest 3
3a) Reach a 3rd pocket of Region of Dreams
3b) 10 mins becomes 100 mins
3c) Use standard action to use Lucid Dreaming again

Nest 4
4a) Reach a 4th pocket of Region of Dreams
4b) 100 mins becomes 1000 mins (over 16 hours)
4c) Spend 60 mins sleeping in Heward's bedroll
4d) Spend 60 mins prepping spells, or relearning manuevers/weapon aptitude etc
4e) 14 hours left for casting buffs
4f) anytime you are ready, use a standard action in each nested loop to leave all 4 nested Dreamheart until you return to real world.

There. All spells/PPs regained. Entire repertoire of prepared spells can be wapped if required and re-prepared. All buff spells casted. All done by using 1 standard action in the same round.

If you used a method to get an extra standard action, when you get back to the real world, you can still take your normal full round actions for that round.

dextercorvia
2015-04-18, 09:29 AM
How transparent are we talking here. If you can make Schism persistent (maybe an Incantatrix friend), then you can prep your arcane spells and divine at the same time, if you can make the argument that prayer is a mental only activity.

avr
2015-04-18, 09:41 AM
For the wizard there's the Fast Study (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/wizard/arcane-discoveries/arcane-discoveries-paizo/fast-study) arcane discovery.