View Full Version : How to make clare from claymore as a d&d character

Rfkannen
2015-04-07, 11:01 AM
So, obiusly d&d can't handle the raw power or versatility of most anime characters. And d&d does not have a claymore class. But I was wondering how you would make her as a character. Of course you can't get all her abilities, but the general feel at least.

edit; what about teresa of the faint smile?

Ralanr
2015-04-07, 11:09 AM
My knowledge of Claymore is through others, so I don't know much. Though I'd think her build would a crit fisher, so multi class barb (berserker maybe) and champ fighter.

Separate but kinda relevant: OP, how would you make Anderson from Hellsing? A friend of mine has been really thinking of how.

Giant2005
2015-04-07, 11:15 AM
She is a bit of a tricky one but I think I'd have to end up with straight 20 Champion, Shifter (Longstride) but that doesn't really cover enough. I'd like to stick some Sorc levels in there as tainted Blood is their thing and use it to pick up Haste as well but she really needs the healing abilities of 18 Champion. If she is going with 18 levels of Champion, she may as well stick it out to 20 so that extra attack can help represent her Quick Blade.
I think using Longstride Shifter as the race is a no-brainer, it perfectly represents her capabilities during her battle against the Silver-Eyed-Lion.

EDIT: Actually now that I think about it I'd love to shove some Diviner Wizard in there somehow - predicting her opponent's moves was more her thing than anything.

Rfkannen
2015-04-07, 11:22 AM
My knowledge of Claymore is through others, so I don't know much. Though I'd think her build would a crit fisher, so multi class barb (berserker maybe) and champ fighter.

Separate but kinda relevant: OP, how would you make Anderson from Hellsing? A friend of mine has been really thinking of how.

Anderson? Well, I think a monk would work decently. You can't realu get the regeneration unless your a 18 champion. But e is pretty dexterous and stuff. Paladin would work if you don't mind magic.

Oh actualy, I totaly just realised. Monk 2. Champion fighter 18. Acolyte backround. Works perfectly.

She is a bit of a tricky one but I think I'd have to end up with straight 20 Champion, Shifter (Longstride) but that doesn't really cover enough. I'd like to stick some Sorc levels in there as tainted Blood is their thing and use it to pick up Haste as well but she really needs the healing abilities of 18 Champion. If she is going with 18 levels of Champion, she may as well stick it out to 20 so that extra attack can help represent her Quick Blade.
I think using Longstride Shifter as the race is a no-brainer, it perfectly represents her capabilities during her battle against the Silver-Eyed-Lion.

EDIT: Actually now that I think about it I'd love to shove some Diviner Wizard in there somehow - predicting her opponent's moves was more her thing than anything.

Hmm, yeah shifter champion actualy realy does cover most of it exept her main iconic ability. Diviner wizard works I suppose, as the level 2 ability fits realy well in it. But it would be kind of a bad build, champion 18 diviner 2. I suppose if you realy wanted to make her, as an npc or something, that would be best.

I think if you wanted to play her you would probably just be best off champion. I always thought quick sword was more cool than hte sensing thing anyway.

You know, I am not sure if it would work, but I think warlock might fit better than sorcerer for the actual claymore thing. The pact is with the non sentient thing in your blood. Still don't think it would work mechanically though.