PDA

View Full Version : Capped + uncapped bonuses. Are they capped?

SangoProduction
2015-04-07, 11:26 AM
So, I found a feat that says "reduce spell failure chance from armor and shields by 5%. Minimum of 5%". There are classes that reduce spell failure chance without a minimum though...like I think the war mage and....dusk blade? But regardless, that's just an example.

The least controversial way of interpreting it is "If the capped bonus would change the end result to be at or below (or in the case of SPC, above) the cap, then it helps, else it doesn't." But another way of interpreting it is "you can put the capped ones on first, and then the uncapped ones are what gets you the end result.

But, I want to know if there's any RAW or RAI rules regarding mixing capped and uncapped bonus?

Zaq
2015-04-07, 11:59 AM
I'm pretty sure that you apply your feats and other effects in the order that is most beneficial to you, but I'm not sure where that rule is written down. But I think that's the wording you'd want to look for.

sideswipe
2015-04-07, 07:23 PM
I'm pretty sure that you apply your feats and other effects in the order that is most beneficial to you, but I'm not sure where that rule is written down. But I think that's the wording you'd want to look for.

this was quoted very recently in another thread with page ref. so i second its existence. though i cannot find it.