{under construction}
Medium Fey(Augmented(Ooze), Water)
HD 6d10+24 (57hp)
Speed 20 ft. (4 squares); swim 40 feet
Init: +2
AC 12; touch 12; flat-footed 10
(+2 Dex)
BAB +4; Grp +2
Attack Tendrils +6 (15 ft. Reach (no rng. increment))
(1d4-2, 20/x2 + Acid)
Full-Attack Tendril +6 (1d4-2, 20/x2 + Acid)
Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
Special Attacks Acid, Constrict, Improved Grab(Ex)
Special Qualities +4 on endurance checks to resist environmental heat and cold, Acid Resistance 10, Amphibious, Blindsight 90', Immune to electricity, Ooze Traits, Polymorphable Ooze(Ex/Ps), Transparent(Ex), Visual Skin(Ex)
Saves Fort +6 Ref +7 Will +6
Abilities Str 7, Dex 15, Con 19, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 20
Skills Disguise +14*, Heal +10, Hide +11, Move silently +11, Spot +10, Swim+15
*= +40 on disguise check when polymorphed.
Feats Weapon Finesse, three free feats
{Weapon Focus(tendril), Dodge and Mobility are common choices}
Environment The elemental plane of water.
Organization Solo, Pod (4-7), School (10-50 + 1 (+3-7 HD)Elder)
Challenge Rating 3
Treasure .5x gold; standard gems; no art; standard magical items
Alignment usually chaotic neutral
Advancement by TYPE; Favored Class: Scout (unofficially)
Level Adjustment +5
Standard Array(str11 Dex11 con11 int10 wis10 cha10)
Its known languages are Aquan and Sylvan.
The Female to male Ratio is 1:1
Special Attacks and Qualities are explained in detail in the spoiler.

Ooze Traits:
As a Fey, this creature has low-light vision and is profecient with all simple weapons. However, as an ooze, it has Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, polymorph, and stunning (but not the monk's stunning fist).
It has a 25% chance of nullifying critical hits or flanking.
It is also able to squeeze through cracks as small as 1 inch in width and 2 inches in height.
It eats and breathes, but does not sleep.
As a water subtype, it has a +8 racial bonus on any Swim check to perform some special action or avoid a hazard. It can always choose to take 10 on a Swim check, even if distracted or endangered. It can use the run action while swimming, provided it swims in a straight line.
Acid(Ex):
This acid is not a dissolving acid or an acid of ability damage. This acid is a mild anesthetic. It is active on your turn after it hits you or during grapples, if its grapple lasts longer than one turn.
The fortutude save for the stunning effect is DC[10+dex.mod+1/2 HD]. The effects last for one turn. This creature can choose whether or not to use its acid. It usually uses its acid to hit-and-run. This acid does not add on to or interfere with the save DC for Stunning fist. This creature is immune to it's own stunning acid. (but not the monk's stunning fist)
Improved Grab (Ex):
To use this ability, this creature must hit an opponent of any size with its tendril attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity.
Constrict (Ex):
This creature deals automatic slam damage with a successful grapple check. Its acid is active for as long as the creature can grapple, but the Creature[grappler] looses the Dex. mod. from the DC.
Visual skin (Ex):
For all intent purposes, this creature is essentially blind, but gifted with blindsight (90 feet). However, around a light source, it can use its developed sensory organs to percieve for a distance as far as the total distance of shadowy light for humans x 3. even in light, it is still immune to gaze attacks, visual effects, illusions, and other attack forms that rely on sight.
Transparent (Ex):
This creature is hard to identify, even under ideal conditions, and it takes a DC 15 Spot check to notice one. Those who fail to notice it and walk into it are automatically hit with the anasthetic and must make the save or be stunned for the decreed amount of time. Underwater, this DC rises by 20 (DC35 spot check.) In water, it is effectively considered invisible, even when attacking.
Polymorphable Ooze(Ex/Ps):
It can re-organize the cells in its body to appear like any living being it has seen, within two increments of its size. (Tiny-huge) Checks against this are impossible (spot check 55; it doesn't get the +20 for going in water because it isn't invisible anymore.) because the change is metaphysical. It can even change sex and appear clothed when naked. Only reading its thoughts can reveal it. Also, it's weight doesn't change.
In an anti-psionic barrier, the polymorph is strictly vestigal. It chan't change sex, or even color for that matter. It appears to be the crystalline version of whatever it turns into, and thusly doesn't gain that +40 to its disguise check.

The name is still being decided, as well as the favored class (There are already too many races with Rogue as a favored class).
Feel free to critique. If you abolutely loathe it, tell me why.
Also, if it seems way beefed, just remember: LA+5.
Also, Schools of this creature are very rare.
And if anyone hasn't noticed, I've branded it with a HUGE weakness.
Any monk can stun it, despite its Ooze-like qualities. Thought I'd give one for the melee fighters. Plus, I needed to off-set the crazy charisma bonus somehow.
And if you're wondering why it's charisma is so high, it's because this race is supposed to be of immesureable beauty. (but not death-causing, like Nymphs)
What I like about it is, while its abilities are cool, they are still up a creek when it comes to battle. Not to say they can't take a hit, but there are only so many hits that can be taken to make up for the inability to retaliate.
To be honest, They seem like Jellyfish, in a wierd sort of way.
The Ooze traits bar isn't ALL Ooze traits, but it's stuff worth mentioning.

:smallbiggrin: So, Feel free to PEACH. :smallbiggrin:

Khoran
2007-04-13, 10:18 PM
Well, first, you might want to give it "[Creature] As Character" stat block.

Also, a few things I'd like to mention with the race itself. I think that it should not be given immunity from Flanking or Critical hits, since it's a Fey with oozelike properties, and I would say that it still has a discernable anatomy and is still able to be flanked. Also, don't take this the wrong way, but I think you're giving a little bit of favoritism to monks, since they're the only ones who can stun it. Compare this to a rogue, who is unable to Sneak Attack it, which is far more frustrating.

sc0rch.anarch
2007-04-13, 11:10 PM
True. I'll make the correction, seein as it IS a fey, and not an Ooze. As for the Stat block...I had it mapped out as such initially, but I wanted people to see it as a creature first, what with its 6 HD and all.

sc0rch.anarch
2007-04-13, 11:15 PM
<fey-blob thing>
Strength -4, dexterity +4, Constitution +8, Wisdom +2, Charisma +10
Medium size
Fey type; augmented subtype (Ooze), water subtype
As a Fey, this creature has low-light vision and is profecient with all simple weapons.
However, as an ooze, it has Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, polymorph, and stunning (but not the monk's stunning fist).
It is not subject to critical hits or flanking.
It is also able to squeeze through cracks as small as 1 inch in width and 2 inches in height.
It eats and breathes, but does not sleep.
As a water subtype, it has a +8 racial bonus on any Swim check to perform some special action or avoid a hazard.
It can always choose to take 10 on a Swim check, even if distracted or endangered.
It can use the run action while swimming, provided it swims in a straight line.
Land speed 20 feet, swim speed 40 feet
Organization: Solo, Pod (4-7), School (10-50 + 1 (+3-7 HD)Elder)
Blindsight 90 Feet.
Racial hit die: this creature begins with 6 levels of...Well, whatever, it has 6 levels. As such, it gains +6d10hp, a BAB of +4 and saves of fort +2, Ref+5, Will+5.
Racial Skills: this creature has 9(6+int mod) to spend on the skills Disguise, Heal, Hide, Move silently, Spot and Swim.
Racial Feats: this creature's HD give it three feats, as well as the feat Weapon Finesse.
Natural attacks: Tendrils(1d4 bludgeoning+acid). reach 15 feet
It's affeminite, frail arms stretch like a squid's tentacles when attacking someone.
Acid(Ex):
This acid is not a dissolving acid or an acid of ability damage. This acid is a mild anesthetic.
It is active on your turn after it hits you or during grapples, if its grapple lasts longer than one turn.
The fortutude save for the stunning effect is DC[10+dex.mod+1/2 HD].
The effects last for one turn.
This creature can choose whether or not to use its acid. It usually uses its acid to hit-and-run.
This acid does not add on to or interfere with the save DC for Stunning fist.
This creature is immune to it's own stunning acid. (but not the monk's stunning fist)
Amphibious(Ex):
This creature can breathe both air and water.
Improved Grab (Ex):
To use this ability, this creature must hit an opponent of any size with its tendril attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity.
Constrict (Ex):
This creature deals automatic slam damage with a successful grapple check.
Its acid is active for as long as the creature can grapple, but the Creature[grappler] looses the Dex. mod. from the DC.
Special abilities:
+4 on endurance checks against environmental heat and cold.
Resistances: Acid 10, immune to electricity.
Visual skin (Ex):
For all intent purposes, this creature is essentially blind, but gifted with blindsight (90 feet).
However, around a light source, it can percieve for a distance as far as the total distance of
shadowy light for humans x 3. even in light, it is still immune to gaze attacks, visual effects, illusions, and other attack forms that rely on sight.
Transparent (Ex):
This creature is hard to identify, even under ideal conditions, and it takes a DC 15 Spot check to notice one.
Those who fail to notice it and walk into it are automatically hit with the anasthetic and must make the save or be stunned for the decreed amount of time.
Underwater, this DC rises by 20 (DC35 spot check.) In water, it is effectively considered invisible, even when attacking.
Polymorphable Ooze(Ex/Ps)
It can re-organize the cells in its body to appear like any living being it has seen, within two increments of its size. (Tiny-huge)
Checks against this are impossible (spot check 55; it doesn't get the +20 for going in water because it isn't invisible anymore.)
because the change is metaphysical. It can even change sex and appear clothed when naked. Only reading its thoughts can reveal it.
Also, it's weight doesn't change.
In an anti-psionic barrier, it can morph. However, the polymorph is strictly vestigal. It chan't change sex, or even color for that matter.
It appears to be the crystalline version of whatever it turns into, and thusly doesn't gain that +40 to its disguise check.
Mounts: n/a
Chief Diety: (unknown, as of yet)
Automatic Languages: Aquan, Sylvan. Bonus languages: Auran, Common, Draconic, Elven, Gnome, Undercommon.
Favored Class:
Leval Adjustment: +5

I'm aware It's not a picture perfect form of a stat block, and that's why I posted this creature initially as a monster: for clarity's sake. More or less.
Also, It's on notepad.

Demented
2007-04-14, 12:52 AM
Looking at the traits and stats, this creature has the best aspects of both Fey and Ooze, with no exceptions. That just doesn't seem right.

The hitpoints/high CON modifier is unexplained, as is heal as a skill. (?)
Minor error with the BAB: You list it as 6.

It seems like it would be a much more threatening and interesting opponent against a land-based party, since it can lure a player to the water, surprise attack him using its acid to stun him, then drag him to the water where it can constrict him to death at its leisure.

It doesn't strike me as a particularly good player race... It's just too eccentric. High hitpoints, no spellcasting ability, powerful but limited abilities, and little damage dealing ability.

I'm also left to wonder... what makes it fey?
As opposed to just a shapeshifting ooze with skillpoints?

EvilElitest
2007-04-14, 08:13 PM
Fluff please

Their is a race like this one in the Underdark FR book
from,
EE

sc0rch.anarch
2007-04-30, 03:20 PM
Minor error with the BAB: You list it as 6.
Thanks. I don't know how i Didn't catch that.

Fluff please

Their is a race like this one in the Underdark FR book
To answer EvilElitest's request...I'm still unsure. Although I KNOW I'm going to avoid making a casual fey-type. (as this is no ordinary Fey) To be honest, I am unfamiliar with that book. I should take a look in it, I might find something I like(fluff-wise). Maybe.

Looking at the traits and stats, this creature has the best aspects of both Fey and Ooze, with no exceptions. That just doesn't seem right
The creature may appear good, but take a gander at the LA. This is a oddity in that the campaign I'm structuralizing is low/no LA. +5 on TOP of the 6 racial levels translates to this creature having to work to gain a level from lv.1 to lv.2 as hard as a human from lv.12 to lv.13.

The reason I initially listed it as a monster was because I wanted it to be a playable monster. Sure, the PCs can play it and SURE they can have it as a cohort, but chances are they're more likely to oppose it than be on the same side as it. If they choose to play it or have it as a cohort, they are at a bit of a disadvantage compaired to even other creatures in its area.

I'm trying to set it up so that if PCs want a cohort, they can choose from a list of creatures on the local continent/plane(so, like, if their cohort dies while on the elemental plane of fire, they can't just choose a Cloud Giant just because they're CG. "No I don't care if you're Epic!"). I'm hoping to set it up so that they could even get followers from local villages. Imagine having an army of kobold at your command? What about a pack of Werewolves? That is, If I can iron out the needless complexities. And if the PCs are willing, of course.

The hitpoints/high CON modifier is unexplained, as is heal as a skill.
Also, skills...true. A creature with both a heal skill AND high CON is un-called for. As I am still forming this creature and still obtaining information from the more obscure texts, I am looking into a new well of skills to choose from. I just have to decide which ones to have be in-class.

The Hi CON is from being an Ooze. It's supposed to be an Ooze that was somehow infused with Fey essence. (Detailes worked out in the Fluff. Think Summoning Ooze with some Psionics mixed in. more or less.)

It doesn't strike me as a particularly good player race... It's just too eccentric. High hitpoints, no spellcasting ability, powerful but limited abilities, and little damage dealing ability.

:sigh:

It was initially a monster, but I though there might be someone out there who might want to play this fey as a PC. Its lack of spellcasting abilities and little damage dealing potential is due to the fact that it would be totally and utterly broken if it had all that stuff. Just saying that this race is like...if someone wanted to try something completely different. :amused:
Also, If someone died in the elemental plane of water, They could be reincarnated as one of these things. For a slight fee. I'm hoping that the PC will be of formidable level by the time they come in contact with these creatures. I'm planning to go all out in the planes
If you're wondering why I have so many frickin' spoilers, It's because I'm planning to DM (hopefully, by the start of 2008) and I want it to be big. A lot of suprises in store, but looking to fine-tune. (for starters, I wanted to make armor DR rather than AC, but had to bring it back for Dragons. I'm GLAD I recalled that decision.)

I'm also left to wonder... what makes it fey?
As opposed to just a shapeshifting ooze with skillpoints?

For starters, it changes shape, but keeps its template. It's affected by things that exclusively affect Fey, but immune to effects that exclusively hurt Oozes. Also, It looks like a fey and swims like a fey(an aquatic fey, but a fey none the less) both in its natural form. I can see your confusion in that it is translucent like an Ooze and its roguish behavior, but that doesn't give it 6 levels of Rogue(note the lack of sneak attack). Trust me, I catalogued the damn thing.
I'm gonna take out the part about this thing being immune to critical hits now that I think about it. That's too close to being broken. But then again, this thing's LA is beyong retarded. The reasoning is in the Fluff...Which I'm still hammering out the details for.
:smallmad:I'd get it done, but I have term papers. It's taking me a while. :smallmad:

Yes, I made it up, but I'm trying to balance it the best I can. Consider this is my first "made-from-scratch" creature.