PDA

View Full Version : PTU: Legends Reborn - The Next Generation

MesiDoomstalker
2015-04-07, 11:20 PM
Prologue: Oroboros

Nothing is so fatal to religion as indifference.
-Edmund Burke

The cycle without end. Nor beginning. Simply a new start. All things will cease, but nothing will end. A mother raises her child and passes away, but she remains with her child. Through her teaching, her genetic gifts. Her presence ever-flowing.

Arcues looked upon the world, in its umpteenth cycle. Human's, like so many of their prior, flourishing. Wondering the farthest reaches of the planet and enjoying its splendor's. But one thing deeply troubled the eon-aged Deity. Humans had forgotten. They had forgotten the world they reside is a gift he gave to them, bestowed through his other creations. What Human's so aptly named Legendary Pokemon. Human's of this world had grown complacent, like all those who came before. So sure of themselves. Acreus' scions, his Legendary Pokemon, all but folk-lore. Something to their young to help them sleep at night. Not beings of reverence.

The Alpha called upon his children and conversed with them. While he knew the answer, he wanted to hear them tell him in their own words. Sapience was always fascinating, no matter how many times he met the same individual. His children told him how they had felt starved, ignored. Humans did not believe in them anymore. Arcues nodded solemnly. Now is the time. You must find a successor. Many were not pleased. Many feared the Worm. Many did not wish to wither. To become mortal. Everything must end and begin anew. You were all once mortal.

Begrudgingly, the Legendaries returned to the world and sought out Heirs. Many took on human form, siring them directly with a hint of divinity. Others sought to create their heir, through divine magic and SCIENCE! What was a human, but an amalgamation of elements in an intricate pattern. While others sought a rightful heir amongst the herd.

The scale of gods is long. This process is slow. It has been in the making for 3 decades. Some found their heirs quickly, while others sought to cultivate them slowly from birth. As new heirs are inducted and imbued, they are brought to Spear Pillar to be awakened. As fate should have it, a group has gathered, unwittingly, to be awakened upon Spear Pillar.

Veca
Come little one! We are almost there! Your destiny awaits you! Why was she being cryptic? You knew why you were here! It was to awaken your divine spark, so you could begin the reincarnation cycle. You had been trekking up this Arceus-forsaken mountain for 2 days now. Why couldn't Mother just fly you up there? She could do it in seconds!

Nami
You are tired. What compelled you to climb this stupid mountain is beyond you. Despite yourself, it feels like your making steady progress. You'd thought for sure you'd get lost a million times. Not that you were sure where you were headed. But based on how Void cold it was, you suspect your near the top. You could see an exit up ahead, though it glowed a faint yellow instead of a dreary overcast you had become used to when you dared venture outside.

Ray
The high altitude felt so much... like home. The trek up the mountain was exhilarating. Even back home, nothing compared to its majesty. Except maybe Sky Pillar. That felt so... home. But a different kind home. It was hard to explain.

You don't have a name... so your trekking up. You'll stumble in a few minutes 'late'

Babel
You sat atop Spear Pillar. Your father had instructed you to meet him here and you had planned the most efficient route. You made it in precisely the time you expected. But Father was no where to be seen. Just a decaying ruin of a Temple. Hey! You! A young man, probably no more than 18 years old, was pointing at you. He had fire-red hair that was styled vaguely like a V with long equally red and equally v-shapped eyebrows. Wanna battle!? I climbed all the way up this stupid mountain for who knows why! I haven't seen anyone for days! I'm itching for a battle! He was surely animated.

Nami will stumble upon Bable and Victor, followed by Veca and Ray. Then the fun begins. For the moment you don't have any Usuper or Messiah abilities (though that shouldn't matter, no mechanics should come into play before you get them).

Esprit15
2015-04-08, 12:37 AM
"Mother, why do we have to hike up? It's cold, my feet hurt! Wouldn't it be more expedient to fly up?" Veca had been finding something complain about an hour into the beginning of the day, just like yesterday. "Who all is going to be there, anyways?"

Dragonsage
2015-04-08, 12:47 AM
Nami was tired but thankful for her athletic lifestyle, otherwise the climb up might have taken twice as long... or fallen off by now. Still though, the look on her dad's face when she told him where she was going was priceless even if she herself didn't understand her own sudden desire to climb a mountain. "Why couldn't I have gone for swim instead.." She sighed and tried to keep warm by folding her arms into her coat before seeing the light up ahead. "Oh thank, Arcues. Maybe I can get some answers." She climbed out towards the light.

Stepping into the the light, Nami took a moment to marvel at her own achievement before hearing an obnoxious sounding voice shouting and drawing her attention to the other two people standing on top of the mountain. "Hey!" She gave cheery greeting as she approached the pair. "I didn't think i'd be seeing anyone else here."

Ionbound
2015-04-08, 10:00 AM
Shortly after Nami makes her way to the top, a rather haggard and exhausted young woman with black hair pulls herself up onto the top of the mountain and takes a deep breath, saying, "I...Am not...Cut out...For mountain-climbing..."

CosmicOccurence
2015-04-08, 10:48 AM
Babel carefully observed the person in front of him. If he was on Spear Pillar, then that meant that he was somebody like Babel. Well, not like Babel exactly, he didn't know of too many legendarily who would prefer to create homonculi instead of finding a real human to be their scion. However, this seemed only to be an ordinary human, which was excessively odd. If they were on Spear Pillar, then they had to be related in some way to a legendary. In any case, Babel knew that he would likely loose in a 1:1 battle. He knew that his battle abilities lay more in the realm of support than of individual victory. And this individual ... based on his personality Babel thought that he would likely be a hyper-offensive battler. That was a bad match-up for Babel. That being said, Sloth could use some exercise, and a one pokemon battle might not be the worst idea in the world. He also might gain some more information about who this person was.

In his toneless way, Babel responded to the red haired teen. I'm afraid you would find me a dissatisfying opponent. Individual battles are not my forte. However, I would not be opposed to a one pokemon match. You may call me Babel.

Then the other person arrived and greeted them. A quick glance assured Babel that this one was certainly related to the divine. No questions there. He responded to her quickly and waited to see how either would react. Oftentimes there are not people here. This is not a place that humans usually journey to. They do not tend to visit places with no immediate benefit for them, and they do not know where the places of power in the world lie. But you are no ordinary human, and so you are here.

MesiDoomstalker
2015-04-08, 10:58 AM
Victor looks dumbfounded for a second. You aren't a challenge, are you!? Why did I come all the way up here then!? I thought 'Maybe someone strong will be up here! Why else would someone climb this stupid mountain!' But no! Just some wack-job whose no good in a fight. Pft. Victor turns towards the two new comers. You two! Are you any good at battling!? I don't want to have wasted my time getting up here! I'm a busy man you know!?

Vera
Now sweetie. You know I can't do the work for you. You have to earn it. Even if its just walking up a mountain. As who will be there.... She was quiet for a moment. I don't know. Latias' chosen heir won't be. Thats for sure.

Dragonsage
2015-04-08, 12:33 PM
Nami's cheery smile fades into an expression of genuine surprise at the statement about not being an ordinary human. "Hehe..What do you mean?" She tried to feign clueless, while trying to figure out what gave herself away. More importantly, she had become worried that by coming here she might have put herself or her mother in danger.

"I'm a normal human... I just..really fancied climbing a mountain is all.." Really suave Nami... really nailed it with that obvious lie...

She then quickly tried to change the subject by addressing the other person. "I'd like to think i'm pretty good in a battle, although i'm more focused on my contest career. Still, I can hold my own if needed."

Esprit15
2015-04-08, 12:53 PM
"I have to earn a hike? And Latios won't even be there?" She sighs, pain in her feet getting worse. She did not bring the right shoes for this. The weather was supposed to be sunny, and it choses to snow on her side of the mountain! How hard is it for the weather man to guess when a mountain is going to have snow? "Are we at least close to the top?"

Ionbound
2015-04-08, 02:51 PM
After taking a quick breather, Jeanine smirks at Victor and says, "Sure. One pokemon for each of us. I don't want to take too much time."

BluesEclipse
2015-04-08, 09:54 PM
A wide grin seems almost permanently etched upon Ray's face as he looks upwards towards a tall cliff, making note of various handholds, ledges, and outcroppings. Quickly checking his first few moves, he leaps upwards, hopping off of one of the walls to a small ledge, then running up the wall for a few meters and leaping to the side at the last moment to catch another ledge. He continues to ascend in this way - running, leaping, and rarely ever doing something so mundane as simply climbing. As he nears the top of the cliff, he hears voices - one in particular that sticks in his mind. Leaping up off of a final ledge, he catches the top edge of the cliff with both his hands, then pushes off with his feet and lifts himself into a brief vertical handstand before pushing himself into a flip, landing on the ground with ease.

He quickly scans the group, taking no more than a moment to find the person he's looking for. "Hey, Nami! Long time, no see! Though, I have to ask... what, exactly, made you come up here? You've never been the rock-climbing type."

Dragonsage
2015-04-09, 01:05 AM
"Ray?" Nami's ears pricked up upon hearing a familiar voice and turning towards the source. "Ray!" She goes over and glomps her old friend. "So good to see you! Can't say what really drew me here...just felt like coming here. How about you,?"

BluesEclipse
2015-04-09, 07:22 PM
Ray returns the hug warmly, before shrugging as Nami and he release each other. "Eh, just wandering, really - heard about this place, figured it might be fun to run around and see how easily I could make my way up here." Turning his attention more towards the others, he says to his friend, "So... any of these guys friends of yours?"

Dragonsage
2015-04-09, 11:01 PM
"No idea who any of these people are..." Nami replied with a shrug. "That one just started shouting at us about a challenge." She pointed towards the one with the V shaped eyebrows before leaning in to whisper. "And this guy kinda gives me the creeps..."

"And she just kinda showed up shortly before you did." She wrapped up her summery of events thus far.

Esprit15
2015-04-09, 11:04 PM
Finally reaching the top, Veca looks around at the others. "Who are you all? Are you the others?"

MesiDoomstalker
2015-04-10, 01:57 PM
As Veca crested the steep slope onto the surprisingly flat and paved summit, the others are greeted with an odd sight. Floating behind the latest newcomer was a Pokemon, pink and white, floating gently behind the new woman. Babel recognized it instantly as Latias, though the others struggled to remember the name from a sweet childhood memory. Oh dear. There were more here than I thought. I knew I was slow but I thought more of the others would have awakened theirs already.

The pokemon seemed to be answer by a sudden rush of wind, nearly knocking everyone on their bums. The once beautiful and clear sky sudden encroached by rolling, pregnant rain-clouds, threatening to drench you in their majesty at any moment. Come now IA! You should know better! Further up the plateau stood a woman (http://th00.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2010/242/1/2/kyogre_gijinka_by_xxxazucarxxx-d2xmoro.jpg) with stark white hair, and a half-removed blue kimono. Nami recognized this as her mother! What was she doing up here? Just as suddenly the clouds appeared, they seemed to disperse just as quickly, as if a giant fan appeared in the middle of them, dispelling them in a strangely perfect circle. At its exact middle, a glimmer in the blue sky shone before the piercing sound of something falling incredibly fast. With an ear-splitting, earth-shaking impact, a man (http://img-cache.cdn.gaiaonline.com/9327c4d6ce9e00ec4e431897a2afe9a2/http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa370/kikazukun/RayquazaM3.png)fell from the sky, landing near the first woman. Despite the impact, the stones beneath him were undamaged. He was garbed in warrior's gi, with long ribbon of prayer tape encircling his torso with repeating circular pattern. Ky! Don't rain on their parade! Your so inconsiderate sometimes!

The woman looked about to respond en-force, the sun was blacked out, casting the mountaintop in shadow. By now, you've been numbed to sudden, inexplicable changes in your enviroment, yet are still unnerved as a man (http://th04.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2010/011/7/3/DARKRAI_GIJINKA_by_AbsoluteGeass.jpg)in a dark hoodie seemed to materialize out of the darkest shadow (the one cast by Jeanine) with a confident, knowing smirk. Boo.

Qua! Ky! Good to see you again! The pokemon glowed a bright pink, before shape-shifting into a woman (http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/363/0/d/pkm__gijinka_latias_by_shiranaitenshi-d6zxbx2.jpg) in a ridiculous red getup that somewhat resembled a Sentai-team member. Rai, you like your dramatics don't you. You know that wasn't terribly scary right? The hooded-man, Rai, just smirked large, tossing his hair to one side. Eh, win some, lose some. Just behind Rai, a sudden pop and a puff of billow clouds and an another newcomer, this time a small, fairy-like pokemon with a giant red-V on its forehead. Oh yay! Everyone is here! Rai looked suddenly very agitated. Joy. Vic is here too.

Silently, Babel felt a hand on his shoulder. A man in a lab coat, wire-frame glasses and slicked backed blonde-gray hair. His face was wrinkled, but you recognized that face anywhere. Father.
Beat DC 13 on Occult and you can ID these newcomers. You recognize Victini.

Ionbound
2015-04-10, 02:26 PM
Jeanine practically jumps out of her skin as Rai steps out of her shadow, then frowns, knives sliding and sparkling into her hands, and says, "Can someone please explain to me, preferably in small words, what the hell is going on?"

Esprit15
2015-04-10, 03:02 PM
"You mean your parent didn't tell you?" Veca asks, looking concerned for the girl. "We are coming to be woken, right Mother?" she says, looking for confirmation from the woman in red and white. "Could you please put those away? Weapons make me uncomfortable," she says, gesturing to the knives.

Dragonsage
2015-04-10, 04:25 PM
"Mom?" Nami was surprised at her mother's sudden appearance. Not so much how she appeared, she was used to that growing up with her but how she made a rather public appearance. But then it slowly started to dawn her as the others started to make their appearances.

"Woken?" She echoed the word before approaching her mother and kissing her on the cheek as per her usual greeting. "Hello mother, looking fantastic by the way." She then looked around at all the gathered before addressing her mother again. "Was it you that led me here? You could have just asked...then I might have had an actual explanation for dad. So what's this all about then?"

CosmicOccurence
2015-04-10, 05:29 PM
Babel glanced at Father, his Creator. It was unusual for him to take a human form. Even in The Tower he always had remained in his natural pokemon state. Then he glanced at the Darkrai child, who clearly had no idea what was going on. Babel's readings had told him that this incarnation's Darkrai was a bit of, what was the word again? Ah yes, a bit of a troll. No doubt he thought it would be amusing to fool his child. The Latias Child is right. He said. Put the knives away. You don't need them and, even if you did, do you really think that you're powerful enough to kill the gods of Ocean, Sky, Nightmares, Love Knowledge and Victory with those two knives? Inside Babel cringed a bit. He knew his definitions of each of the gods were rudimentary and each was infinitely more multifaceted than a single word could convey. He was trying to make a point though.

As for you, each of you is the scion of one of these gods, each of you born for a specific purpose. You are related to Darkrai. Babel acknowledged each individual when stating their associated legend. Latias, Raquaza, Kyogre, he paused here. The Victini scion wasn't actually a scion. Apprentice maybe? Prophet? He was more human than anybody else though, that was certain. and Victini. I don't know all of the specifics, but your lives will not be the same after today.

Mesi, let me know if I'm overstepping my bounds in these comments. I'm not 100% how much I know IC

BluesEclipse
2015-04-11, 10:13 PM
Ray listens politely to the other kid talk, before looking over the group, his gaze eventually settling on the kimono-clad figure. "So... you're Nami's mother, then? Nice to meet you - Nami's told me nothing but good things about you."

MesiDoomstalker
2015-04-12, 01:29 AM
Ky looked lovingly at her daughter and nodding gracefully towards Ray. Well, sweetie. You know that I'm not exactly a normal human. Well, these other people, they are kind of like my family. My brothers and sister. I guess you should know now. She touched her forehead to yours. A sudden flash of memory flooded your vision, Ky swimming through the sea. Though instead of her beautiful human body, it was that of a mighty leviathan. What she's trying to say is she's a god, Nami. And so are you. Or soon will be. Qua looked at everyone that had gathered. All of you will be a God! He let out a hearty laugh, before staring at Victor. Except you.

Wait what!? Why not!? The red pixie floated close to the fiery red head. Because if theres one thing Humans do well its be competitive. But that really doesn't answer my question...

Ya. Y'all are our kids. Cept you, I just chose you. Cause I like your moxie. Or your penchant for random violence. Or both. Whatever. Your all here waiting on the Big Guy. Arceus. He needs to Awaken your divine spark and start the Reincarnation. While we wait for his high pompous ass, we can answer your trivial mortal questions.

Who am I? Why...Why was I chosen? What is the point of all this? Rai pulled you in close, holding you against his chest. He spoke softly and reassuringly into your ear. You are Jeanine. No more, no less. I chose you because I liked you. You remind me of me. At least, the me when I was human. As to the point? Humans have forgotten who we are and what we represent. The Big Guy wants some new blood to remind them. And thats where you came in. Suddenly, his hands fall down your back, grabbing the back of your underwear and pulling up hard. You also have a wedgie!

Qua approached you with a firm stance, keeping a noticeable distance between you, unlike Rai. "Why am I just now meeting you? And what do I actually need to do?" His demure facade softened slightly. I felt you'd needed to grow up as a human. Not knowing you were anything special, so you'd have humility. As for what you have to do? Make people believe again. To recognize our power and divinity. Your divinity.

"What will happen to you, mommy?" "How many others are out there like us?" Well... thats hard to explain. The Reincarnation process will slowly transfer my divine essence into you. This won't start till Arceus Awakens you, but... once my body has been completely drained, I'll be mortal again. I'm not sure if I'll live the rest of my life, or if the years will catch up with me. I hope its the former, if for your sake. As for how many? A lot. Gosh, its been so long since I counted how many of us there are. I'm sure you'll encounter others. Fate happens that way.

"How should I get followers? Do you have any idea where Latios is? What kinds of things should we watch out for in the world?" Well, we can't really tell you that. You'll have to figure that out on your own. As for Latios, you'll find him. Or he'll find you. Though, I don't know if you'll WANT to find him... AI looked apprehensive, but continued. Well, theres people who will fear you. You'll be vulnerable, still mortal. So your not invulnerable. And there's... the Worm. AI shuddered visibly. All them did, actually.

While your father had explained many things, you find yourself with a few last minute questions. "Where should I look for guardians for the Towers I will raise? Is the Conclave Library worth a visit, or is it full of fals and incomplete knowledge?" I can't tell you that. Part of being the ultimate being of Knowledge is knowing for yourself, son. But no matter what, you will make me proud. His human face was much more expressive than his Pokemon one. It was plain to tell he loved you and was already immensely proud of you.

Esprit15
2015-04-12, 03:27 AM
"Not want to find him? Why? I'm Latias and he is Latios. We're destined to be together, right?" Veca asks, sort of scared. "And what is this Worm? You always mentioned it, avoiding it, but you never said what it actually was."

Ionbound
2015-04-12, 12:39 PM
Jeanine frowns and says, "Wh-What...A god? What's going on, really..." And then Rai moves his hands down and Jeanine immediately stomps as hard as she can on his foot and says in a very low, flat, and dangerous tone, "Get away from me, perv."

Dragonsage
2015-04-13, 12:10 AM
The look of fear took over Nami's face at the possibility of losing her mother. "I don't want to lose you.." She found herself involuntarily embracing her mom like a little child. Even though she was used to her mom coming and going every since she turned 8, Nami always took comfort with the knowledge that her mother always eventually returned. The possibility of never seeing her again chilled the girl to her bones.

CosmicOccurence
2015-04-14, 08:07 PM
Babel nodded at Father's words. He had expected as much, but asking the questions hadn't hurt any. If he had been meant to know either of those things, then he would have found the answers long ago. Father looked different in his human form, and it made Babel a bit uncomfortable. He preferred to avoid shows of emotion, and seeing this from his Father was odd. Father seemed almost ... human.

BluesEclipse
2015-04-15, 11:43 PM
Ray thinks for a moment, before answering, "So... we're supposed to show off, then, and make people realize that gods still exist. Fair enough. But..." He then turns to the woman that Nami's mother addressed as IA. "What, exactly, is 'The Worm'? What's out there so powerful that even gods are spooked by it?"

MesiDoomstalker
2015-04-21, 01:24 AM
Ky looked apprehensive. She opened her mouth to say something when she was interrupted by an explosion of light. The gathered legends bowed low, as a quadruped of eminent glory appeared. Lord Arceus. Qua muttered reverently.

Arceus strode forward slowly, examining each of you slowly. You have chosen well, my children. I shall unlock their spark. Everyone feels a resonance deep within themselves. As if your inner being was being unleashed. As quickly as it began, it was over. Now, disperse. So many together, it is not safe. In another flash, Arceus was gone. I'm sorry honey. We need to leave. Its too dangerous now that you've been awakened. I wish we could answer all your questions, but Arceus has decreed we may not interfere with your development.

Chapter 1: Bite the Hand

A father is a man who expects his son to be as good a man as he meant to be.
-Frank A. Clarke

Some distance away, on Stark Mountain, Sinnoh
A man glowered up the intimidating mountain, grim determination etched onto his young face. With a huff, he continued his trek up the mountain. The occasional tremor as the volcano settled and shifted. The man reached into his light jacket, pulling out a cigarette and chomping down on it forcefully. Pulling out an old, decrepit lighter, bringing to the cigarette, spinning the flint and igniting the tobacco. He inhaled, drawing the smoke deep within his lungs. He slowly exhaled, the smoke billowing out and wisping about an almost sinister grin.

He digged through his pockets, grabbing a small, green and black hexagon. It looked like it was made of some kind of crystal, maybe quartz. He studied it for a moment, his expression melting from stoicism to confidence. I'm coming for you...

You officially have your God-Powers. Your ontop of Spear Pillar, alone with some new super powers and too many questions with no answers. Have fun! Obviously, that bit on Stark Mountain you don't know about IC.

Esprit15
2015-04-21, 02:11 AM
Veca focuses, trying to alter her form to that of her mother's.
We should go, then. Where would be safe?

CosmicOccurence
2015-04-21, 01:45 PM
Babel tilted his head to the side, filing away the encounter for a more thorough analysis at a later date. When Veca asks her question, Babel immediately scrolled through a multitude of information he had stored away about the region. After a two second pause, he launched into his analysis.

We should find someplace to stay for now while we get to know each other. A city or town would likely provide the safest place for us considering we can blend into the crowds of normal humans. The closest settlements to Spear Pillar are Eterna City, Oreburgh City, Heathrome City, and Celestic Town. Both Eterna City and Celestic Town have ties to legends and ancient history. Heathrome City has the most central location and would provide the best resources to blend in, as it has a multitude of people and sites of interest for a wide variety of individuals. Oreburgh offers little in comparison to the other three sites. My personal recommendation would be a visit to Heathrome while we decide on what steps to consider in the future.

Ionbound
2015-04-21, 02:27 PM
Jeanine frowns as Arceus awakens her and she feels the resonance, then sighs and sits down, listening to the conversation. At the mention of Hearthome, she nods and says, "A city is probably best. We can at least blend in there."

Esprit15
2015-04-21, 02:29 PM
Ooh! Isn't Hearthome the center for contests in Sinnoh? Ooh! Let's go there! Veca says, bobbing up and down excitedly.

Dragonsage
2015-04-22, 01:07 AM
'Mom...' Nami's thoughts drifted as her mother departed with the other gods. The clouds that herald her mother's arrival earlier begin to reform almost directly over her head. The gloominess of the cloud nearly matched that of the expression on the girl's face as she was consumed with the possibility of losing her mother.

But just as the cloud looked as if it was unleash its downpour, it doesn't. "Yeah. Hearthome sounds right up my ally." She then tried to put on a smile, which Ray would know that it was forced even for her. The cloud begins to lighten up, but quite doesn't seem to disperse.

"So anyone know a quick way there or should we just start our climb back down?"

Esprit15
2015-04-22, 01:20 AM
Ray, how many people could you carry? I could probably bring one on my back.

CosmicOccurence
2015-04-23, 04:38 PM
Babel closed his eyes momentarily, bringing up his map of Sinnoh again. He zoomed in on the route to Heathrome, seeing the various paths and performing risk and efficiency assessments on each route. Then he factored in the potential for air transportation, weather patterns, and wild flying pokemon hunting territories and patterns. Exactly one second after closing his eyes, they eyes snapped open and Babel pointed in the direction that they should be headed. The best route to the city is this way. If we are able to fly, then based on my knowledge of weather patterns and wild pokemon threats, I can guide us through an air route.

General Education to determine best route down the mountain to Hearthrome. The actual route doesn't mater that much since I'm vague IC.

[roll0]

All 1s are rerolled (and all 1s on the reroll are rerolled etc etc). [roll1]

Final Result: 24

BluesEclipse
2015-04-23, 05:33 PM
"Weather?" Ray asks, thinking for a moment. "Um... I don't really think that will be a problem, considering that I'm Rayquaza's successor. But... I'm pretty sure I can take a couple of people."

CosmicOccurence
2015-04-23, 07:03 PM
Babel acknowledges this with a nod, filing the weather control abilities away in his mental files (with a note to obtain verification and analysis of its limits and capabilities in the near future). This is true. However I have no reliable way to know how much control anybody has over their powers. I know that I have not mastered all the skills of Father. Until I have more accurate information about everybody's abilities I will be unable to take those considerations into account. Thus, I plan to look for all possible contingencies to achieve the optimal result.

BluesEclipse
2015-04-27, 11:08 PM
Ray shrugs for a moment, and answers, "Fair enough... I'm pretty sure I'll be able to carry a couple of people, if you want to come along with Nami. Give you a chance to see for yourself." He gets a running start and leaps off of the side of the mountain before anyone can respond, transforming as he falls and quickly rising back up over the side of the mountain. Even in his draconic form, a grin can be clearly seen on his face.

Dragonsage
2015-04-29, 01:49 AM
"Show off." Nami mused before moving towards Ray's new body and climbing aboard his back. "On wards!" She laughed at the idea of Ray being a like a pony...that could fly.

CosmicOccurence
2015-04-29, 11:04 AM
Babel also climbed on Ray, quickly analyzing his body and finding the exact right places to grip and sit to keep him on the god's back.

Ionbound
2015-04-29, 03:19 PM
Jeanine sighs and says, "Well, let's see if this is real or not." She spins and falls off the cliff-face, not showing any signs of stopping until she hits the group, splashing out into a puddle of darkness, which floats up into a blob and resolves into a hovering Darkrai.

MesiDoomstalker
2015-04-30, 07:07 AM
As the trio of Legendary Pokemon, they did not take heed what their travel would mean to those who happened to look upwards. As Ray touched down some distance outside Hearthome, a voice calls out in the early morning light. What in the bloody hell!? A man in rough, traveler's garb was looking at the odd assortment of humans and pokemon, confusion and no small amount of fear in his face.

You spot a long blade sheathed on his back.
The weapon has a drop of blood traveling down the lenght of the sheath.

Esprit15
2015-04-30, 12:53 PM
Jeanine, can you put him to sleep, make him think this was just a dream? As Veca floats down, she notices the blade on his back, sheathed. She might have to take it if he became hostile... Sir, please, just remain calm. Be not afraid," the young god says, changing into her normal form of a short girl. She heard the phrase from something her mother had her read, and here seemed a good time to quote it. "We're only travelers, lost. Where is the nearest town?" Her voice is calm and soothing as she speaks. She gestures for the others to let her talk to the man.
Charm: [roll0]

BluesEclipse
2015-04-30, 08:43 PM
Ray merely watches the man for a moment, waiting to resume his human form until his passengers dismount.

Dragonsage
2015-04-30, 11:48 PM
Nami dismounted off of Ray's back, taking note of the man's blade. "Yes, we're just weary travelers looking for place to rest." She followed up.

eh screw it i was gonna roll a charm roll as well but it hardly seems necessary so i won't

CosmicOccurence
2015-04-30, 11:53 PM
Babel remains silent but slowly cycles through his mental files, working his way through the tower of Babel in his mind to see if anything matched with this man.

General Edu [roll0]+3

All 1s are rerolled (and all 1s on the reroll are rerolled etc etc). [roll1]

Final Result: 29

MesiDoomstalker
2015-05-01, 02:04 AM
Travelers!? The man's face showed everything. He was afraid and confused. With an astounding speed and fluidity for his apparent mental state, he drew the katana from its sheath, droplets of crimson blood arcing through the air onto the ground in front of him. He waved the blade cautiously. Travelers don't turn from Pokemon into Humans! A flash of light came from his belt, a Bisharp appearing next to the man. It glowered at you as it rubbed one of its arm-blades against the other, creating a cacophonous metallic screech. What are you people!? Really!

That Charm is why he hasn't attacked yet.

Esprit15
2015-05-01, 03:17 AM
"Sir, please," Veca says, her voice becoming hypnotic. "We mean you no harm, sir. Please, just set your weapon down, and if you point us on, we'll be on our way." The look on her face is pleading at this point. "We do not want to fight."
Baby Doll Eyes
Priority, Lower Attack
AC: [roll0] 2, 17-20 Crit
Demoralize - On Crit, target loses 1 tick of HP, and is vulnerable

If hit:
Trigger Play Them Like a Fiddle - Target is infatuated, cannot be cured by taking a breather
Flustering Charisma - Target takes a -2 on save checks for 1 round

The important part is the infatuation

MesiDoomstalker
2015-05-01, 01:08 PM
The man's grip and stance wavered as his cheeks flushed. The Bisharp noticed the sudden change in his trainer, shifting between you and him. What have you done to my master!? I will gut you!

Those with speed gretaer than 24 (Bisharp) may act, then those greater than 5 (Sword-Guy) may act.

Esprit15
2015-05-01, 01:58 PM
"Nothing. I simply asked him to be more compliant. Is that so hard? Your attacking us is crazy and will get us nowhere. We are just looking for the nearest town so that we might rest." Her voice becomes acidic and annoyed. "If you want to fight about this, then fine! Act like a fool! Pardon me for trying to end things without violence!" She grabs a Pokéball and releases her Nidorino.
Taunt
Status, Enrage
AC: [roll0] 2, Crit 17-20
On Crit: Lose 1 tick
On Hit or Miss: Target takes a -3 to accuracy for this turn

MesiDoomstalker
2015-05-09, 11:36 PM
Wraaaaagh! The Bisharp dashed forward in a fit of rage, dark energy glowing alongside its blades. It slices quick across Veca's neck, dealing 68 Physical Dark damage.

24 (Bisharp)
Speed between 23 and 6, go now
5 (Sword-Guy)

Esprit15
2015-05-10, 01:44 AM
Veca cries out, coughing up a little blood. "A- Adonis! *cough* Kick!" she chokes out, holding her throat.

The Nidorino let's out a cry of rage as his mistress is attacked, leaping at the Bisharp, slamming his body first befor turning for a follow up kick.
Double Kick
Fighting, Physical
AC 1: [roll0] 4+2
AC 2: [roll1] 4+2
If 1 hit: [roll2]+10
If both hit: [roll3]+10

If 1 crit: +[roll4]
If both crit: +[roll5]

CosmicOccurence
2015-05-10, 09:15 PM
After considering the situation, Babel decided that, just in case they needed to flee, he should open up an avenue for them to do so. He snaps his fingers, and Greed, his Klefki, floats quickly to hover above the battle. It's keys glow a bright pink and release a pulse of light that homes in on the two opponents, forming glowing shackles around their legs.

We should be able to outrun them now if that becomes necessary. They can't move nearly as quickly with those around their legs.

Fairy Lock: No roll necessary. Burst 3 Friendly (positioned to get both if possible. If not only the trainer). All legal targets become Trapped and Slowed while the user remains in the encounter. This effect ends if the user switches or is Fainted.

Dragonsage
2015-05-10, 09:19 PM
Nami's eye widen when Veca's neck was cut. She sends out her Frogadier, Jiraiya, before holding up her hands and swaying her hips towards the Bisharp. "Care to share a dance?"

Jiraiya's stats
70/70 Hp
10 Def
12 Sdef
20 Spd

Nami's Marine Salsa ( custom dancer move. if you need to see the stats for it then here (http://dragonsage.wikidot.com/nami))
[roll0] vs 3
4, 1 Target
The target’s Speed is lowered 2 Combat Stages.

also assuming summoning sickness

BluesEclipse
2015-05-11, 09:19 PM
Ray rises upwards, coiling his draconic form above the battlefield, and lets out a roar before unleashing a bolt of electricity at the Bisharp.

AC: [roll0] v 2 + Special Evasion
Added Effect: Paralyze on 19+
Damage: [roll1] Electric Special
Crit: [roll2] Electric Special

Ionbound
2015-05-11, 09:32 PM
Jeanine smiles as blood is shed. This is her element now, the battlefield. With fluid grace she lunges at the man commanding the bisharp, aiming to pierce his heart with her poison-laced daggers and end the fight in a single fell blow.

Deadly Strike: [roll0] vs. 2+SE

Damage+Crit Dice: [roll1]

Use Harrier and Poisoned Weapons (Is poisoned on a 16+ and he cannot take priority or interrupt actions as well as being flanked and slowed.)

MesiDoomstalker
2015-05-16, 09:56 PM
The swordsman's face remained flush, his stance present but non-comittal. It seems his lust is has paralyzed him for the moment.

You hear the sounds of many bodies moving, from seemingly all directions but up and down.
The soft clinking of steel also accompanies it. Who or whatever is coming, they are clad in metal.

Esprit15
2015-05-17, 04:35 AM
"Everyone, back on Ray! More people are coming!" She blows a kiss to the Bisharp before transforming and flying high into the air.
Swift Action
Quick Wit: Use a social move or manipulate maneuver as a swift action
Flirt vs Bisharp
Status
AC: [roll0] 2
Charm: [roll1]
Opposed by Charm or Focus
If failed, Bisharp is attracted for 1 round and instantly fails his save against attraction

Standard Action
Usurper to change form

Move Action
Fly 10m up

CosmicOccurence
2015-05-17, 11:52 AM
Babel nodded. They are armed as well. I suggest we take to the air and flee. There is little point in getting caught in a battle with so many unknown factors.

Not sure if its my turn or not yet, so I'm just not gonna do anything for now

Dragonsage
2015-05-23, 02:15 AM
"Right, jiraiya we're going!" Nami called as she rushed back to the dragon's spine with the frog following.

CosmicOccurence
2015-05-23, 10:27 AM
Babel nodded and hopped on the nearest mount available. It was time to evacuate the battle.

BluesEclipse
2015-05-23, 07:30 PM
Ray moved low to the ground, waiting for those unable to fly under their own power to get on before taking to the sky.

MesiDoomstalker
2015-05-26, 09:42 PM
The Bisharp leapt as your began to flee, narrowly missing Veca's hind flank as she and Ray ascended into the safety of the skies. A quick look down saw a platoon of soldiers in armor and their accompanying pokemon rushing into the clearing you had landed in. Commotion rose to you, though the exact words lost on the winds. Their intent was obvious, arrows and spears whizzing towards you, but your great height (and climbing) made them ineffectual.

Victor had something about screw you losers, I'll become a god on my own and then left the mountain on foot before you descended.

Esprit15
2015-05-26, 09:58 PM
Ray, anything to say? Should you put the fear of Arceus into them, or do we leave? She hadn't expected such hostility.
It may be a bit late, but what kind of time period is this? Modern? Industrial? Medieval?

Dragonsage
2015-05-31, 05:57 AM
Nami catches her breath as she watches the arrows try and fail reaching them. "Well that certainly could have gone much better." She thought aloud before replying to Veca. "I Don't think we should. We don't really fully understand what just happened and we may make things worse. I think we should just leave for now."

BluesEclipse
2015-06-02, 11:34 PM
Ray just looks down, before giving an annoyed huff and turning away, ascending further into the sky.

Esprit15
2015-06-02, 11:52 PM
Give me a minute... Veca says, floating back down, hiding just above the trees. She looks at the auras of the people, trying to read the minds of anyone that looked of import. Were these people hostile, or just scared? The former could be helped, at least, if they tried correctly.
Stealth: [roll0]
Mind Reading: [roll1]
Aura Reading: [roll2]

MesiDoomstalker
2015-06-03, 11:32 PM
As you hover about the leaves, you scan the minds of humans around. Fear, confusion, disappointment. From what you can gather, they were looking for you. At least, those like you. New Gods. It was serendipitous (for them, at least), one of their own spotted such a large group. They had been headed up the mountain, to intercept more groups like yours. Amongst the myriad of thoughts, one was ever present in each mind you touched. Oh man, what will Queen do? ****, Queen will not be happy! Everyone feared Queen, whoever she was. The man who spotted you first called attention. Alright men! Time to regroup and head back to camp! Queen probably wants a report for mobilisation. Don't worry... I'll take his wrath for you! You performed admirably, it was I who failed. Skimming his mind, you can tell he feared her, justifiably in his mind since he did fail.

Esprit15
2015-06-03, 11:55 PM
Queen? Who was Queen? A human? A Pokémon? Something worse? Latias flies back to the others. There is something very, very wrong wherever those people are. Uxie, where are we near? What do you know about it?

CosmicOccurence
2015-06-05, 11:17 AM
Babel tilted his head inquistorially. These warriors had piqued his interest, as he had no information about them, and that in and of itself was an unusual occurrence. He quickly recorded the information he could gather from them, their crest, weapons, and other features, in his mental database of information that he continually added to. It might be worth investigating them at some point.

When Veca sent him the telepathic message, he responded quickly, though still with his odd, emotionless speaking style. Please refer to me as Babel. Unlike you I am not a reincarnation of my parent and cannot take Father's form. I am merely Uxie's child who has been created with special abilities. However, I have immense reserves of knowledge at my disposal, and I cannot identify the group or the person known as Queen.

We are five miles north of Heathrome. I suggest that we get distance between us and the group before descending into an area without individuals close to the city, but far enough away to avoid notice. We can enter separately or in pairs to avoid attention and meet at the pub The Sleeping Ponyta by sunset today to regroup. It should provide an ideal location for us to blend in without being noticed Babel quickly transmitted the information on the location and directions to Veca in order for it to be transmitted to the entire group. Whether or not the group split up, he was confident that the location he suggested would be their best place to bed down and make a plan.

General Edu roll to think of a place in Heathrome [roll0], reroll 1s, [roll1], +3 for a total of 31. This location will fill in the _____ in my telepathic message to Veca.

I'm either looking for a place with beds to rent or a pub. The ideal location would be out of the way but still get enough traffic so that we wouldn't attract attention simply by being there. Preferably in one of the safer parts of town in a place that has a reputation for being a place where travelers pass through.

MesiDoomstalker
2015-06-05, 12:09 PM
There were a multitude of taverns, hotels and pups to choose from, though to be discreet narrowed your options a fair bit. There was a smallish pub, on the eastern end of the city, the Sleeping Ponyta. It was out of the way, but far enough into the city proper to not be frequented by wayward travelers, primary catering to more long term patrons and local residents. You'll likely go unnoticed by the other patrons as long as you don't stir up trouble.

Esprit15
2015-06-15, 01:36 PM
"Okay, let's try again. Maybe with fewer dragons landing..." Vecca says with a sigh. Looking for a clearing without people, she lands and retakes human form, signaling the others that the coast is clear. "If anyone stops us, just let me do the talking."

Dragonsage
2015-06-22, 03:47 AM
Nami nods towards Veca as she waits for Ray to descend before dismounting and following the other girl.

MesiDoomstalker
2015-07-01, 11:34 PM
As the group scatters and meanders toward the tavern/inn, Nami hears a man shouting at a nearby intersection. THE END IS NEAR! He repeats ad nausea, but those who pass him pay him no heed. Through the throng, you can't make him out clearly. It be a bit out of your way to get a better look, but only a block.

Esprit15
2015-07-02, 12:52 AM
"Hm?" Veca says, a little confused. Was the man a prophet of some sort? But they were never warned about any end times by the other gods, and it would be odd for them to have been birthed into a world that was about to be destroyed. The short girl tries to make her way through the crowd to the doomsayer. "What end?"

Dragonsage
2015-07-02, 12:57 AM
Hearing the man shouting about the end of days caught Nami's attention. Something prior to today, she might have just ignored but the today has been...strange, to say the least. Learning about your own divinity tends to open your mind a bit.

She then makes her way towards the man to hear what he had to say. I might be worth hearing him out before deeming him a mad man.

CosmicOccurence
2015-07-02, 04:47 PM
Ignoring the man, Babel heads straight for the inn to wait at the rendezvous point for the group.

Me separating from the group will be easier for me with my schedule right now. Will be more active towards the end of summer.