PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Hide Life + Favor of the Martyr + Fast Healing

Arcanist
2015-04-07, 11:49 PM
Assuming that I have someone with the listed conditions met (They have Hide Life active and a constant item of Favor of the Martyr and Fast Healing or something), do they just never die? I was thinking of making an Aristocrat who bought a scroll of Hide Life, a ring of Favor of the Martyr and Healing Blood graft and just not worry about death ever.

EDIT: Also, does the Fast Healing just bring me back up to -8 hit points when it would trigger?

Inevitability
2015-04-08, 07:49 AM
Healing wouldn't bring you back to -8, I believe. The spell says:

Healing does not automatically return you to 0 hit points but simply adjusts your current total upward.

But otherwise? I think you'd be effectively immortal. That is, until someone rolls well enough on Spellcraft to recognize how you are being unkillable, then manages to find your phylactery soul-hidey place horcrux life-storing body part.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2015-04-08, 10:50 AM
You can put your head in a bucket of water to start drowning and be set to 0 hp, but that's about the same as having no listed drawbacks for the dead condition.

Flickerdart
2015-04-08, 10:52 AM
You can put your head in a bucket of water to start drowning and be set to 0 hp, but that's about the same as having no listed drawbacks for the dead condition.
Once you do this, you can't ever stop drowning, so it's not actually constructive.

Eldan
2015-04-08, 11:03 AM
Last time this was discussed, didn't someone mention that there was a way in Stormwrack to stop drowning? Heal check, probably?

sleepyphoenixx
2015-04-08, 11:07 AM
You just can't be killed. You're not immune to aging, so i'd say you still die of old age when your time is up, but that is up for interpretation.
You're also still vulnerable to Flesh to Stone, Imprisonment and similar "may as well be dead" effects, so it's not total invulnerability by any means.

Not to mention that a permanent item of FotM is insanely expensive. Even if you get your hands on one chances are someone is going to try to steal it.

Brackenlord
2015-04-08, 11:39 AM
You're not immune to transmutations (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/disintegrate.htm). Your hidden toe won't help there.

Flickerdart
2015-04-08, 11:46 AM
You're not immune to transmutations (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/disintegrate.htm). Your hidden toe won't help there.
If anything, it hurts you more: having your body reduced to dust doesn't kill you, so you are still conscious but lacking any sort of senses, motor skills, etc.

Though, if you have telepathy, you could continue to converse with beings around you and perhaps convince one to transmute you into a form that has limbs and stuff. You could also still manifest powers and cast spells without components, which might allow you to morph yourself into something useful.