PDA

View Full Version : Feats similar to Arcane Wrath

ZhanStrider
2015-04-08, 06:04 PM
Hey guys,

I'm playing a Jade Pheonix Mage and looking for feats that allow you to sacrifice a spell for an ability, like Arcane Wrath or Ascetic Mage.

Thanks!

Seclora
2015-04-08, 06:09 PM
Hey guys,

I'm playing a Jade Pheonix Mage and looking for feats that allow you to sacrifice a spell for an ability, like Arcane Wrath or Ascetic Mage.

Thanks!

Well, there's Arcane Strike, from Complete Warrior. Trade a spell for bonus damage(D4/spell level), and bonus to attack(+1/spell level). Both of these apply to all your attacks in a round, rather than just the one your Arcane Wrath will.
There's also Draconic breath(or was it Dragon Breath?) from Complete Arcane(and others I believe) that gives you the ability to trade spells for a breath weapon based on your heritage. Takes two feats to work. Better Heritage(Battle Dragon!) means a better breath weapon, but the same could be said of any of the Draconic Heritage feats.

What sort of ability are you looking for exactly?

Blackhawk748
2015-04-08, 06:10 PM
Hey guys,

Thanks!

Well Arcane Strike is like the Duskblade's trick, just worse. Not bad if you have plenty of slots to burn though.

Edit: *best Chaos Lord impression* NINJAAAS!!!!

ZhanStrider
2015-04-08, 06:23 PM
Well, there's Arcane Strike, from Complete Warrior. Trade a spell for bonus damage(D4/spell level), and bonus to attack(+1/spell level). Both of these apply to all your attacks in a round, rather than just the one your Arcane Wrath will.
There's also Draconic breath(or was it Dragon Breath?) from Complete Arcane(and others I believe) that gives you the ability to trade spells for a breath weapon based on your heritage. Takes two feats to work. Better Heritage(Battle Dragon!) means a better breath weapon, but the same could be said of any of the Draconic Heritage feats.

What sort of ability are you looking for exactly?

I'm mostly looking for more damage output. But i also just want to see what options are available.