PDA

View Full Version : So gonna try to solo Eyes of the Lich Queen

ZamielVanWeber
2015-04-08, 06:32 PM
And see how far I get. I am starting at 6th level The classes I am looking at so far are illumian Druid 4/Wizard 1/Arcane Heirophant 1, Ardent 6 (I just like ardent, not sure if it is a good idea), warforged crusader 6, and possibly some sort of truenamer (I might try warforged truenamer for a lark, although that will probably end in tears).

Any other suggestions? Being able to heal myself somehow, deal consistent damage, and having a solid chassis are my big goals here.

Edit: I got a free +2 LA as well.

Cruiser1
2015-04-09, 01:47 AM
I am starting at 6th level The classes I am looking at so far are illumian Druid 4/Wizard 1/Arcane Heirophant 1. Any other suggestions? Being able to heal myself somehow, deal consistent damage, and having a solid chassis are my big goals here. Edit: I got a free +2 LA as well.
Well, the Eberron adventure "Eyes of the Lich Queen" is for levels 5-9, so one level 6 will definitely be behind the standard starting party of four level 5's. However, you're gaining XP at 4x the standard rate, so you should gain power quickly if you survive the early parts.

The Druid/Arcane Hierophant is definitely the best character, since you want a Tier 1 build or close to it to effectively solo. Some form of Cleric would do well too, since it can self heal and do good damage. The +2 LA is good, since that will up your ECL. Something like Half-Fey would work well, since you get permanent flight, and charm person at will which will be good for the many humanoids you'll encounter.