PDA

View Full Version : Roll20 shaped sheet feedback

Kryx
2015-04-09, 01:34 PM
Creating this post to no longer pollute the other post.

This is for feedback on the character sheet I created for Roll20: D&D 5e Shaped sheet (https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1734923/new-d-and-d-5e-shaped-character-sheet)

we don't play again til Sunday so I'll just wait on the update to go out.
I doubt it will be updated by Sunday based on past experience. It's in Roll20's hands.

About the only other thing I'm a little lost on, is what exactly I'm supposed to type into the crit damage field for weapons? If I remember right, crits in this edition are an extra damage die plus modifiers. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to communicate that into the field?
Crits are any extra dice. So if you do 1d10 + 5 you add 1d10 in the crit damage field. I'll be revamping the weapons page after I finish NPC attacks. It'll be much clearer then.

No need for the /roll, the field is to indicate extra damage on crits, to accommodate the Half-Orc and Barbarian features.
This is partially correct. It needs to include the whole crit dmg including the extra from half orc.

The only thing I've noticed is that Jack of All Trades should apply to straight ability checks.
I made it apply to initiative. Must've forgot these. I'll make sure they have it by tonight in my code.
EDIT: Committed to my code. You can use it now if you're a mentor. Otherwise you have to wait.

Anything else I'd like to see are optional rules from the DMG.
Anything specific? I'm looking to add spell points sometime in the future. I can add anything "not normal" to the settings page, as long as it doesn't break normal integration.

As far as I can tell, you need to add the base crit damage bonus in as well.
Correct. I need to add some tooltips to this page (see how I did it on the bonuses/penalties area)

Giant2005
2015-04-09, 10:02 PM
The problem with adding Jack of All Trades to the ability checks is that those buttons are used for both ability checks and saves, yet Jack of All Trades only applies to the former.
If you are chucking Jack of All Trades in there, you are going to have to separate Ability Checks and Saves.

It would be nice to have more space for weapon slots too. I have had to make my own macros for my Blade Pact Warlock that is prone to using a bunch of different things.

Kryx
2015-04-10, 01:07 AM
The problem with adding Jack of All Trades to the ability checks is that those buttons are used for both ability checks and saves, yet Jack of All Trades only applies to the former.
If you are chucking Jack of All Trades in there, you are going to have to separate Ability Checks and Saves.
They are 2 different buttons on my Shaped sheet. No problem at all. Save proficiency doesn't apply to checks so they never could've been the same button.

If you're talking about the default 5e sheet they are separated there too.

It would be nice to have more space for weapon slots too. I have had to make my own macros for my Blade Pact Warlock that is prone to using a bunch of different things.
You have more than 8 melee weapons and 8 ranged weapons? Sounds strange. Are you using weapons for things that should be done with class actions? If you could give examples that'd be great.

Giant2005
2015-04-10, 02:46 AM
You have more than 8 melee weapons and 8 ranged weapons? Sounds strange. Are you using weapons for things that should be done with class actions? If you could give examples that'd be great.

To be honest, I have no idea what sheets I even use but it sounds like that it isn't your one as the sheets I use only have 6 melee and ranged weapons.
My Warlock uses 4 different weapon types, 3 of which have a different end they can use via Polearm Mastery, so if the bonus action is treated differently with each weapon, that would be a total of 7 weapon variables to consider. Although I did work aorund it by using the same weapon slot for each of the weapon slots and just manually changing the names of the weapon used within each individual macro.

Kryx
2015-04-10, 03:21 AM
To be honest, I have no idea what sheets I even use but it sounds like that it isn't your one as the sheets I use only have 6 melee and ranged weapons.
My Warlock uses 4 different weapon types, 3 of which have a different end they can use via Polearm Mastery, so if the bonus action is treated differently with each weapon, that would be a total of 7 weapon variables to consider. Although I did work aorund it by using the same weapon slot for each of the weapon slots and just manually changing the names of the weapon used within each individual macro.
It's 6 weapons of each, you're right. 4 weapons, crazy! Makes sense.

For my sheet(not the default sheet - mine has a big heart on it) I'm going to revamp weapons after NPC actions are done and will add more then.

Giant2005
2015-04-10, 04:04 AM
It's 6 weapons of each, you're right. 4 weapons, crazy! Makes sense.
It wasn't really that many weapons, I just put everythign in weapons as it seemed simpler.
the character was a Were-Bear so I input options for his staff for when he didn' want to take the time to summon a weapon, a halberd as his main weapon, a large sized halberd for when he was in Werebear form and his werebear form's default claw attack. The first three options also had values for their bonus action attacks via Polearm Mastery.

Ilorin Lorati
2015-04-10, 05:26 AM
Anything specific? I'm looking to add spell points sometime in the future. I can add anything "not normal" to the settings page, as long as it doesn't break normal integration.

I was talking about Honor and Sanity ability scores, both of which I'll be using in custom campaigns in the near future. Technically they could be rolled into a collapsible section like the custom skills.

Joe the Rat
2015-04-10, 09:29 PM
Just saw this yesterday and plugged it in to my test campaign.

I like it. I'm going to run this by my players to see if they'd prefer the more condensed setup. Time they don't have to switch pages (or scroll as far through the show-all) is time spent playing. In theory.

One thing that might be handy is a way to add a "Quick macros" option - to be able to flag spells or class resources to appear on a menu on the main page.

Kryx
2015-04-11, 01:50 AM
One thing that might be handy is a way to add a "Quick macros" option - to be able to flag spells or class resources to appear on a menu on the main page.
"Quick macros" can't be user defined. Roll20 isn't that good. I have to define what shows.

Spells and class resources are both repeatable which means they cannot be referenced by other macros. :(

Giant2005
2015-04-11, 01:54 AM
I imagine t would be an extreme amount of work to implement but it would be amazing if you added a cell on the weapon line where you could input an AC value for your target, and another cell that showed the average damage expected against that AC with and without Great Weapon Master/Sharpshooter.

Kryx
2015-04-11, 02:15 AM
I imagine t would be an extreme amount of work to implement but it would be amazing if you added a cell on the weapon line where you could input an AC value for your target, and another cell that showed the average damage expected against that AC with and without Great Weapon Master/Sharpshooter.
For targeting there is an option under settings that all your attacks will target an enemy which will spit out their ac in the roll template.

Expected damage.. wut. Ha. I love doing excel work to calculate all that, but... Eh I can see the use. There could be a button to show expected damage options of each attack.. but calculating feats in becomes more difficult as the sheet doesn't even support -5/+10. I'd have to add support for that first.
Maybe when I revamp attacks.