PDA

View Full Version : Player has hard time figuring out how Half Elves are different...

DontEatRawHagis
2015-04-09, 03:06 PM
So I made a change.

A player was looking up pictures of half elves for her character, but settled on an Elf picture.

I said to her I liked how Munchkin does it. Where one ear is elven and the other is human.

Needless to say she liked the idea and now it is a thing.

Zyzzyva
2015-04-09, 03:20 PM
So I made a change.

A player was looking up pictures of half elves for her character, but settled on an Elf picture.

I said to her I liked how Munchkin does it. Where one ear is elven and the other is human.

Needless to say she liked the idea and now it is a thing.

It's how our beloved host (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0254.html) does it, too. :smallwink:

King of Casuals
2015-04-16, 02:18 PM
I usually end up playing as half-Elves, and although each one is different, I usually think of them as looking like prettier versions of humans with slightly pointy ears (like the size of human ears, but with a small point at the end). They also tend to have less facial hair and are slightly taller than normal humans.

bulbaquil
2015-04-18, 05:52 PM
I envision half-elves much the same way as King of Casuals does. As for facial hair, half-elven men in my campaign setting can grow stubble and sideburns (though it takes several months from clean-shaven), but not full mustaches or beards.

HunterOfJello
2015-04-19, 12:45 AM
I played a double elf in munchkin before. Would that give me extra ears or extra points on my ears?