PDA

View Full Version : link vs kefka

Sephiroth
2007-04-14, 05:27 AM
there been a sephiroth vs link and in that topic http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37990 a few people was talking about kefka and link so just post your view i would say it would be a draw because (i haven't compleaty the game but i got halfway) kefka become a god a blow world up and link would become god and make world again
and the cycle carry ons till they fight and kill each other because god can't die

Innis Cabal
2007-04-14, 05:30 AM
So why post the thread if no one can win? Keep this in the
sephi v. Link thread, no need for that abomination against god and his children to hurt anyone else

Sephiroth
2007-04-14, 08:57 AM
it the same with the sephiroth and link thread and it is MY view on it some other people might say soming else

Ooooookay (for 1337 master )

1337_master
2007-04-14, 09:22 AM
You cannot pass, I am a servant of the secret fire, wielder of the flame of anor, You cannot pass, Dark fire shall not avail you, Flame of Udun

YOU CANNOT PASS

-Gandalf (While fighting a monster which Is horribly
Weak compared to what this Thread shall become)

Sephiroth
2007-04-14, 09:43 AM
let just keep on topic shall we

EvilElitest
2007-04-14, 09:48 AM
Wow, it has started again
After his victory over Seph link is taking on Kefka

I've never played FF6 but i know the story. What can Kefka do?
from,
EE

Legendary
2007-04-14, 10:08 AM
I believe that Kefka is the victor. You see, it was the power of the group sounding like the chapters of a self-help book that REALLY did him in. The rest was just formality. And Link doesn't talk, so...

Grey Paladin
2007-04-14, 10:22 AM
Kefka wins, While Sephiroth is a lamer and link kicks his ass without any trouble Kefka can kill as much Links in the same time as Neo can kill Agents.

turtleant120
2007-04-14, 02:10 PM
Wow, it has started again
After his victory over Seph link is taking on Kefka

I've never played FF6 but i know the story. What can Kefka do?
from,
EE
I seem to reccall that fight still going on.
But concerning Link vs Kefka Im gonna have to say Link, because a messed up clown should never rule the world.

Cubey
2007-04-14, 02:19 PM
and the cycle carry ons till they fight and kill each other because god can't die

Except that Kefka actually DID die after becoming a god. Therefore, both Link and Kefka can die (read: lose) in this fight. And my money's on Link, he'd adventure for long enough to find THE anti-Kefka item, whatever it might be. While Kefka would spend that time idling in his tower and using Light of Judgement on random towns from time to time.

Sephiroth
2007-04-14, 04:01 PM
well if you are a GOD you can't die there for kefka isn'ta GOD and so is link still i think kefka will win [Scrubbed]

Assassinfox
2007-04-14, 04:04 PM
Kefka. Unless Link gets his hands on atma weapon, a gem box, and the ragnarok magicite...

Sephiroth
2007-04-14, 04:22 PM
< _< i really agree and to get them he have to fight atma weapon steal a lot also i been watching gilgmesh on ff12 and thinking will link kill him [Scrubbed]

Amotis
2007-04-14, 04:27 PM
Link will die "like a dog!"

*waits* Too subtle? Anyone?

1337_master
2007-04-14, 05:10 PM
no, no, we get it its just...Yeeeeeah.

EDIT:Oh, and I almost forgot... Buh-dum, KSH

also, Link would lose against both sephiroth, AND Kefka.

Sage in the Playground
2007-04-14, 05:44 PM
Kefka is sane, compared to this thread!

EvilElitest
2007-04-14, 05:50 PM
well if you are a GOD you can't die there for kefka isn'ta GOD and so is link still i think kefka will win(it not becasue i hate the gay imo link)

Wow, way to insult homosexuals there

Anyways, Gods can die, it occurs in most myths/games/settings/books
It just hard
Kefka did become a god and he did die
And gay imo link, i'm pretty sure link is not gay nor imo
from,
EE

Nerd-o-rama
2007-04-14, 05:50 PM
You know, I'm a big Kefka fan. He's quite possibly my favorite RPG villain ever. He also holds the title of "only FF villain to actually achieve his goals for more than five minutes." However, he's got the same problem fighting Link as Sephiroth did: he's an evil being of deific power. Link is designed to kill evil beings of deific power. That's what the Master Sword and Triforce of Courage are for.

Still, let's take a look at this case-by-case.

Boss mode: Link with a partial arsenal (Master Sword and a small selection of gadgets) vs. Kefka before Kefka gains the power of the Goddesses.

Even while mortal, Kefka's a powerful mage, and can cause Link serious hurt. However, let's face it. At this point, Kefka's no more than a comedy sidekick. Link beats him down, and Kefka flees. If there's one thing Kefka's always had, it's a handy Teleport spell for when he knows he's beaten.

Final Boss Mode: Kefka, God of Magic vs. a Fully Armed Link.

A truly epic battle. Hopelessness vs. Courage, Nihilism vs. Preservation. I have to admit, Kefka's a few notches higher on power level than Ganon ever was when Link faced him. Even ALttP Ganon, who had already conquered one world. Ganon always has the Triforce of Power, but Kefka has the accumulated power of all three of his world's goddesses. And a HyperDeathLaser of Awesomeness. Link has...a sword, and possibly projectile weapons designed to hurt this kind of thing, the Triforce of Plot Armor, and maybe a couple of magic spells.

First, I'll put down a couple of ground rules. Kefka is not allowed an instant win by casting Goner + Damage Spell in a row. Link is not allowed infinite invincibility with Chateau Romani and Nayru's Love. Why? Because either one ends the fight immediately, and it just comes down to initiative. As Kefka himself would say, "too much boring and not enough burning!"

Discounting those, it becomes a battle of attrition. Kefka's ubermagic vs. Link's ubersword. Who wins? Well, can anyone solo Kefka? This fight in FFVI involved between three and fifteen of the world's greatest heroes in a knock-down, drag-out marathon of a fight. Link's...just one guy. Sure, he's got a number of Life3's in the form of fairies, and is arguably tougher and more powerful than any individual character from FFVI, but...honestly, I'd bet on Kefka. Never going to totally discount the possibility of an upset/deus ex machina, but the smart money is definitely on Kefka.

Sephiroth
2007-04-14, 08:40 PM
[Scrubbed] i have dlxesy (or how you spell it) fool look in a lot of post i sent can't you tell i have disabletes and nerd o rama i agree with you all bow to kefka (plus he the funny last boss ^^ sephiroth is the uber cool last boss and imo bahumlt should be a last boss or at lest timtet *how do you spell it* or should i say EVIL bahumlt)

Fishies
2007-04-14, 10:00 PM
Kefka freakin' DESTROYS THE WORLD. Definitely Kefka.

EvilElitest
2007-04-14, 10:28 PM
What are Kefka's ablities?
from,
EE

Cybren
2007-04-14, 10:33 PM
What are Kefka's ablities?
from,
EE
Uhm god of magic, a giant laser that fries towns, godlyness, many powerful spells including one that brings you down to "1 HP", and general horrible insanity

EvilElitest
2007-04-14, 10:33 PM
Uhm god of magic, a giant laser that fries towns, godlyness, many powerful spells including one that brings you down to "1 HP", and general horrible insanity

A list if you please
from,
EE

Nerd-o-rama
2007-04-14, 11:22 PM
You could play Final Fantasy VI, one of the finest console RPG's of all time. Or, I could make this list from memory and a brief consultation of GameFAQs:

General abilities:

-Magically augmented superhuman, even as a mortal.
-Hilarious lunatic ranting ("Ahem. There's SAND on my BOOTS!")
-Conniving bastard who manages to betray his boss at the last second and use his plan for world domination to shatter existence.
-Murders large numbers of people with impunity, including the entire population of Doma Castle, fan favorite General Leo, his boss, a large portion of Thamasa, and several dozen Espers (magical beings of impressive power).
-Except at the end, always has an escape plan.
-After rearranging the face of his planet and killing billions, absorbs the power of the three Goddesses of Magic, effectively becoming the source of all magical power as well as the most powerful single being in his world.
-Makes a massive tower by stacking parts of his former boss's capital on top of each other, and mounts a town-demolishing laser at the top.
-Has the tact to at least put up a force-field when he's monologuing, instead of assuming that players can't attack during dialogue.

Battle Abilities:
(Mortal): Primarily fifth-tier Black Magic, such as Lit3, Ice3, and Fire3.
(God of Magic):
-Fallen One - reduce HP to 1.
-Goner - massive magical damage to a group
-Southern Cross - hits you with most of the game's negative status effects.
-Chaos Wing - massive physical damage to one target.
-Battle music to rival One Winged Angel for awesomeness.
This is only his final form, mind. He makes you fight several...somethings for the first three parts of his four-part final boss marathon. He appears to have assembled them out of creatures he killed with the aforementioned tower-mounted laser.

EvilElitest
2007-04-14, 11:26 PM
You could play Final Fantasy VI, one of the finest console RPG's of all time. Or, I could make this list from memory and a brief consultation of GameFAQs:

General abilities:

-Magically augmented superhuman, even as a mortal.
-Hilarious lunatic ranting ("Ahem. There's SAND on my BOOTS!")
-Conniving bastard who manages to betray his boss at the last second and use his plan for world domination to shatter existence.
-Murders large numbers of people with impunity, including the entire population of Doma Castle, fan favorite General Leo, his boss, a large portion of Thamasa, and several dozen Espers (magical beings of impressive power).
-Except at the end, always has an escape plan.
-After rearranging the face of his planet and killing billions, absorbs the power of the three Goddesses of Magic, effectively becoming the source of all magical power as well as the most powerful single being in his world.
-Makes a massive tower by stacking parts of his former boss's capital on top of each other, and mounts a town-demolishing laser at the top.
-Has the tact to at least put up a force-field when he's monologuing, instead of assuming that players can't attack during dialogue.

Battle Abilities:
(Mortal): Primarily fifth-tier Black Magic, such as Lit3, Ice3, and Fire3.
(God of Magic):
-Fallen One - reduce HP to 1.
-Goner - massive magical damage to a group
-Southern Cross - hits you with most of the game's negative status effects.
-Chaos Wing - massive physical damage to one target.
-Battle music to rival One Winged Angel for awesomeness.
This is only his final form, mind. He makes you fight several...somethings for the first three parts of his four-part final boss marathon. He appears to have assembled them out of creatures he killed with the aforementioned tower-mounted laser.

Don't have FF7
Anyways, as tatics are a very important part of battle, i would say that he seems to be smart enough to foarmalat inpressive battle plan, like link and unlike seph, or gannon for that matter
So this will be a hard fight, and does fallen one always work no matter what?
from,
EE

Shadow of the Sun
2007-04-14, 11:27 PM
the BIG point i am calling him gay *snip*

Please desist in using gay in that fashion. To me it seems as if you are using it as an insult, and I find that extremely offensive. Just use stupid instead.

Nerd-o-rama
2007-04-15, 12:02 AM
Don't have FF7
Anyways, as tatics are a very important part of battle, i would say that he seems to be smart enough to foarmalat inpressive battle plan, like link and unlike seph, or gannon for that matter
So this will be a hard fight, and does fallen one always work no matter what?
from,
EE

Six. Final Fantasy VI. The original for the SNES should be quite cheap, and there are good remakes for the PlayStation and Gameboy Advance.

Anyway, yes, Kefka is quite intelligent for a Console RPG villain. In any system other than Final Fantasy, he'd probably be pretty tactically competent. And I believe Fallen One is un-evadeable, and not blockable as a status effect, yes.

crazedloon
2007-04-15, 12:12 AM
I find these threads stupid but funny to read so here are some notes on what has been said so far :smallwink:

Kefka wins, While Sephiroth is a lamer and link kicks his ass without any trouble Kefka can kill as much Links in the same time as Neo can kill Agents.
so by this logic link wins becuase the Agents are programs and thus can not die and thus Kefka can kill no Links :smallwink:

well if you are a GOD you can't die there for kefka isn'ta GOD and so is link still i think kefka will win(it not becasue i hate the gay imo link)

Wow there is so much wrong with this statement.

Just because Link is a happy little elf..... Oh you meant the slang term gay well in that case you’re just a bigot :smallwink: but to each his/her own

Also I can’t list the number of gods who die on my hands much less my toes and hands.

EvilElitest
2007-04-15, 12:23 AM
Six. Final Fantasy VI. The original for the SNES should be quite cheap, and there are good remakes for the PlayStation and Gameboy Advance.

Anyway, yes, Kefka is quite intelligent for a Console RPG villain. In any system other than Final Fantasy, he'd probably be pretty tactically competent. And I believe Fallen One is un-evadeable, and not blockable as a status effect, yes.

Sorry six, just got off the Seph thread
Yeah from all i can tell Kefka is a very smart foe, makes the fight really hard. I'd love to say link, but i don't think it is right because i don't know enough about Kefka
from,
EE

Nerd-o-rama
2007-04-15, 01:49 AM
Well, here's his wiki article (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kefka#Kefka), if that helps. You should also play FFVI. Best game in the series, in my personal estimation.

As long as we're referencing wikis, here's Link's (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Link_%28The_Legend_of_Zelda%29), for fairness. I also recommend that you play any Zelda game, as they're some of the best Action-Adventure games around period.

Setra
2007-04-15, 01:54 AM
Sorry six, just got off the Seph thread
Yeah from all i can tell Kefka is a very smart foe, makes the fight really hard. I'd love to say link, but i don't think it is right because i don't know enough about Kefka
from,
EE
Well I like to think myself an expert on Kefka..

He is an incredibly cunning tactician, not so great in fighting for the first half of the game where he runs away because the good guys make him 'hurt'.

However later on he gains power over the Warring Triad, roughly equivilent to having all three pieces of the Triforce, however by this point he is (even more) insane so he can't quite use the power properly. However what little use he does have, is enough to easily obliterate entire cities.

His actual battle spells include Merton, which is an incredibly powerful fire explosion that hits everything including the caster, though it barely phases him, it can nearly wipe out the party in FFVI if you're not prepared.

Fallen Angel, which instantly reduces your health to one.

Ultima, which is pretty much death to whatever it hits. It's a large magical attack of non-elemental force that hits a large area, and is "unblockable".

Goner, which is an "unblockable" attack dealing large damage to one enemy.

Hyperdrive, another powerful attack to one person, dealing large damage.

Meteor, which summons several meteors to hits his enemies.

Train, is an attack that blinds and silences (not that Link ever speaks, but in FF terms makes him unable to use spells) all his enemies.

He also has Fire 3, Ice 3, and Bolt 3, which do damage of their respective element.

Sephiroth
2007-04-15, 05:10 AM
errrrr let just stay away from why i hate elves should we anyway i think there are 5 from of kefka so this means link have to hack a slash tho of of them and btt (by the time) he gets to the last kefka he will have no life no milk ect and few hearts and kefka just have to slap him lol

Setra
2007-04-15, 06:06 AM
Technically Kefka only has one form during the Final Boss fight, the rest is "The Monument to Non-Existance"

http://maccshq.rpgclassics.com/argh/images/darktree.gif

Sephiroth
2007-04-15, 06:31 AM
well you fight him that many times so it the same as i said and where the last one or the angel look alike

Setra
2007-04-15, 06:52 AM
well you fight him that many times so it the same as i said and where the last one or the angel look alike
The Angel Lookalike is Kefka himself, that is just the Monument to Non-Existance.

Also I was too lazy to get a picture of it.

EvilElitest
2007-04-15, 10:35 AM
So would all of link's magic be absorbed and bounced back to him because of staues
just one thing, how did Kefka lose?
from,
EE

Sephiroth
2007-04-15, 11:06 AM
oh just some kids slashing him and using spells like flare meter ect

Fury1671
2007-04-15, 11:11 AM
oh just some kids slashing him and using spells like flare meter ect

Nah, they abused such great bugs as Psycho Cyan and using the Sketch glitch to get max Atma Weapons/Ragnarok/Illuminas, and some over powered tactics such as Wind God Gau. Oh, and Ultima Spam w/ 128% MBlock. Can't kill what most of your magic/physical attacks can't touch! Can't forget that.

I'm refering to the SNES version, the PS/GBA versions fixed Wind God Gau, MBlock and Sketch Glitch. But not Psycho Cyan!

Sephiroth
2007-04-15, 11:19 AM
oh yeay i fogat all about cyan he AWESOME still and he use his 4 cut move with haste ect on him still .

Setra
2007-04-15, 12:50 PM
So would all of link's magic be absorbed and bounced back to him because of staues
from,
EE
Link would have to fight the Statues (as the main characters did), in order to touch him.

To be honest, I think Kefka loses mostly for two reasons.

Illumina + Force shield + Force Armor = Nearly untouchable by any attacks

Gem Box + Economizer (Two Spells a Turn, Each spell takes one MP)

Ultima + Quick (allows you to take two turns after the spell is cast), Ultima + Ultima, Ultima + Ultima.

Also, Life 3 is useful.

EvilElitest
2007-04-15, 01:03 PM
Link would have to fight the Statues (as the main characters did), in order to touch him.

To be honest, I think Kefka loses mostly for two reasons.

Illumina + Force shield + Force Armor = Nearly untouchable by any attacks

Gem Box + Economizer (Two Spells a Turn, Each spell takes one MP)

Ultima + Quick (allows you to take two turns after the spell is cast), Ultima + Ultima, Ultima + Ultima.

Also, Life 3 is useful.

You said Kefka Loses, did you mean win? Or are you refering to FF6?
from,
EE

Setra
2007-04-15, 01:07 PM
You said Kefka Loses, did you mean win? Or are you refering to FF6?
from,
EE
FF6

I don't see Link taking on Kefka.

I mean it takes 12 people (at least according to the main storyline) to beat him in the first place. Some of which are comparable in strength to Link (mainly Celes and Terra).

Edit:
Now that I think about, Celes vs. Kefka would be an awesome fight.

Roderick_BR
2007-04-15, 01:34 PM
As much as I think Link kick ass, if he is fighting God Kefka, he doesn't have much chance of victory. Thing is, I believe that Sephirot is defeateable in a one-on-one match. But After Kefka becomes a god, he needs several groups of adventurers to be defeated. Link doesn't stand a chance alone. His only hope would be to combine the Fours Sword power with his skills from Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask or Twilight Princess.

EvilElitest
2007-04-15, 02:00 PM
As much as I think Link kick ass, if he is fighting God Kefka, he doesn't have much chance of victory. Thing is, I believe that Sephirot is defeateable in a one-on-one match. But After Kefka becomes a god, he needs several groups of adventurers to be defeated. Link doesn't stand a chance alone. His only hope would be to combine the Fours Sword power with his skills from Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask or Twilight Princess.

Yet again i protest my ignorence of the matter, but would the Triforce/master sword/orireana make him fight Kefka non god? Or would that not work?
from,
EE

Setra
2007-04-15, 02:34 PM
Yet again i protest my ignorence of the matter, but would the Triforce/master sword/orireana make him fight Kefka non god? Or would that not work?
from,
EE
Kefka has the power roughly equal to the Triforce in the Warring Triad, plus very powerful spells and attacks. It all really depends, Kefka's insane and all.

Who knows, he might let Link get close enough to stab him, or he might blow up Link's village before he even sets out.

I still say Link vs. Celes would be a better fight.

EvilElitest
2007-04-15, 03:01 PM
Kefka has the power roughly equal to the Triforce in the Warring Triad, plus very powerful spells and attacks. It all really depends, Kefka's insane and all.

Who knows, he might let Link get close enough to stab him, or he might blow up Link's village before he even sets out.

From what i can tell, me not knowing Kefka's weakness, It looks link Link will be owned.
Anybody knows Kefka's weakness
from,
EE

Cubey
2007-04-15, 03:13 PM

Now that's interesting! Let's take a look on Celes' abilities first:

-She's a good swordsm... swordswoman. Certainly above average, but I think below Link's level, still.

-The ability to absorb spells using Runic/Seal Sword, nullifying their effects and restoring MP. This would be very handy, BUT...
1. it doesn't work on some of the more powerful, "area of effect" attack spells, like Meteo or Ultima. I don't think Link would use such though
2. more importantly, Celes has to set up this ability IN ADVANCE, which means she can't attack if she does. While Link still can attack physically, for full effect.

-Ability to learn spells (and improve stats as you level up!) from Magicite. This is very important, because if Celes manages to get her hands on some of the better Magicite pieces, AND hang around them for long enough (read: reach a lot of levels while having them equipped), she will be insanely powerful. Be it the ability to cast Ultima, such a HUGE magic stat that she'll deal 9999 damage with everything including Ice 1 and Fire 1, or such a monstrous speed stat that she'll cut Link up three times before he realises the battle has started.

-Most importantly, with the correct gear Celes can have a 100% magic evade rating, which means she'll dodge ANY spell (maybe excluding Ultima-types, but I am not sure... I will have to check), AND any physical attack - but this only if you count the bug (FF VI ignores Evade and uses Magic Evade in its place - fixed in the new version, I believe) as a feature, and I don't think you should. So, just 100% magic immunity, still formidable.

The final outcome depends on whether Link has to face a reasonably-powered Celes, where it could go either way but I'd bet my money on Link, or a munchkined, super-metagamed Celes who will easily make Link go *splat* without as much as breaking a sweat.

Setra
2007-04-15, 03:16 PM
From what i can tell, me not knowing Kefka's weakness, It looks link Link will be owned.
from,
EE
His only real weakness.. would be his insanity, which is unpredictable.

Nerd-o-rama
2007-04-15, 03:17 PM
Hmm. Listen to Setra, he knows what he's talking about.

And that's an interesting point about the Three Statues (Three Goddesses, Warring Triad, etc.) In FFVI, you have to destroy them as you make your way through the final dungeon. Presumably, if you didn't, Kefka would be just as invincible in the last fight as he was in his cutscene battle with the Emperor. While Kefka did usurp their place as the source of all magic, presumably he still needed the statues' physical forms to be invulnerable.

Aside from eliminating his untouchability by removing the Statues, no, Kefka doesn't have a particular weakness. Link trying to take him on would be basically like trying to solo Kefka with Terra (if we want to include the possibility of Fierce Deity Mask, Morph represents that rather well) or Celes. A skilled player could manage this, through overleveling or using cheese tactics, but are these available to Link? Can Link learn Ultima, and cast it an arbitrarily large number of times with Gem Box and Economizer relics?

I have a save right before the last battle. I think I'll do some experimenting, to see if a single character who doesn't use cheap tricks or offensive spells can manage it.

TheOtherMC
2007-04-15, 03:18 PM
His only real weakness.. would be his insanity, which is unpredictable.

Even to himself...

EDIT: WHOO Barbarian in the Playground at last!

Fury1671
2007-04-15, 03:19 PM

His weakness is plot and maybe his insanity. Then again, when your as powerful as Kefka is, insanity is more of a advantage.

Link has plot armor, Kefka doesn't. Link wins. Without it though, Kefka just demolishes him. Kefka is pretty much the source of all magic by the end of the game, so the fight is really: Link v Triforce.

SKarious
2007-04-15, 04:35 PM
ooo, Link has vast quantities of cheese. made from the very best Milk in Termina:smallbiggrin:

Reinboom
2007-04-16, 06:22 AM
I believe these "vs" battles would go so much easier if "plot armor" was just ruled out.
Anyways, my bets on kefka as well. Unlike the bosses link normally faces, kefka doesn't randomly open up weak points against arbitrary items nor does kefka have an achilles heel for link to launch arrows at/stab. Also, thanks to the annoying fallen spell thing, kefka would constantly drop link down to the "lowest life before dying" (quarter heart), and link only has so many bottles of fairy/red/blue potioness.

Setra
2007-04-16, 07:14 AM
Bwahahahaha, this may be a tad off topic but I found it hilarious.

Just took a FF What character Are You (http://www.ff-fan.com/chartest/) test.

http://www.ff-fan.com/chartest/banners/kefka.jpg (http://www.ff-fan.com)

Reinboom
2007-04-16, 07:41 AM
I came out of kefka as well. I'm flattered!

EvilElitest
2007-04-16, 08:33 AM
Well i'm kefka to, is that the only options?
from,
EE

Sephiroth
2007-04-16, 10:42 AM
http://www.ff-fan.com/chartest/banners/sephiroth.jpg (http://www.ff-fan.com)
YAY IT SO ME (NOT insane tho i going to change my siggy woot ) ahem err hi now i am going bye *poof*

for more banners look on the link in my sig

Woot Spitum
2007-04-16, 10:51 AM
from,
EE

I can't believe no one has pointed this out yet, but the reason Kefka is easy has little to do with the moves, and everything to do with the fact that every character in FF6 except Umaru can learn Ultima, Quick, Life3, etc. Not to mention the kind of pain morphed Terra equipped with the gem box relic can bring.

Nerd-o-rama
2007-04-16, 01:32 PM
http://www.ff-fan.com/chartest/banners/terra.jpg (http://www.ff-fan.com)

Huh. Okay. Why not.

Fishies
2007-04-16, 10:40 PM
Bwahahahaha, this may be a tad off topic but I found it hilarious.

Just took a FF What character Are You (http://www.ff-fan.com/chartest/) test.

http://www.ff-fan.com/chartest/banners/kefka.jpg (http://www.ff-fan.com)

I got Vivi.

Arlanthe
2007-04-17, 02:09 AM
This is one of those "pick who you want to be" threads. Come on, if you know enough about the game you choose the answers to who you know will win. That being said:

http://www.ff-fan.com/chartest/banners/terra.jpg (http://www.ff-fan.com)
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You? (http://www.ff-fan.com/chartest)
Final Fantasy 7 (http://www.ff-fan.com/final-fantasy-7)

Edit: Obviously the "flattered" Sephiroth and Kefka recipients programmed their answers to be those characters.

Sephiroth
2007-04-20, 03:32 PM
however kefka will kill link by pure magic in one and one fight link with fight a bit fair

Sephiroth
2007-08-13, 06:37 PM
wow i still supride that this still not lock O.o

Arameus
2007-08-13, 07:31 PM
Link wins by default; the hero gets to try over and over, but the villain can only lose once. Link gets him eventually.

Honestly, though, do we mean Hyperkefka or Tard Kefka? Link (and anyone else) could beat up Tard Kefka, but I think Link may have a bit of trouble by himself against Final Boss Kefka. In any case, Link wins because he always gets some kind of Win Button at the end of the game (Light Arrows, Fierce Deity Mask, Golden Sword/Silver Arrows, &c), but Kefka began a tradition of weak Final Bosses that don't live up to the story's reputation of their power.

So, Link hears for weeks before the fight about Kefka's god-like powers, gets some kind of handheld nuclear weapon three hours prior to the fight, and kills an unimpressive Kefka in about forty-five seconds.

If the bosses were as strong as they were supposed to be, Link (and any other protagonists) would be viciously mauled in seconds by Sephiroth OR Kefka.

Edit: I originally spelled nukear with a 'k'... Damn you, Brian Clevinger!

Nerd-o-rama
2007-08-13, 08:09 PM
wow i still supride that this still not lock O.o
Then why the hell did you post in it? Now you've gone and started this whole stupid fad over.

SurlySeraph
2007-08-13, 09:24 PM
Kefka. I realize Link lives to kill evil deities, but Kefka is on a whole different level of power than everything Link has ever fought. No Legend of Zelda villains had anything comparable to that city-destroying laser thing, none of them had magic powers comparable to Kefka's and - as mentioned before - Link is individually near the power level of one of the FFVI party members.

Also, I got Cloud on that test. Even after I re-took it. Good God, I had no idea I was that angsty. I'm going to go buy an enormous sword, spike my hair, and mope.

Setra
2007-08-13, 11:16 PM
No.. it's back to haunt me! Nooooooooooooooooooo!

*flee*

Also, Seraph, the arguement is pretty much over, I think it ended a few months ago.