PDA

View Full Version : dnd deadpool

nintendoh
2015-04-09, 10:24 PM
Hey folks, im looking to make a dnd 3.5 character for deadpool from marvel comics. For those of u not familar with deadpool he is the combination of wolverine minus the claws, a ninja, the punisher, and a insane 10 year old boy. Massive regen and a teleport device. Twf katanas... Maybe a schism power with permanence... No idea please help. Btw we have a very rules orientated dm so no homebrew... Which is my problem lol.

Flickerdart
2015-04-09, 10:28 PM
Deadpool doesn't work super-well for D&D because a lot of his abilities (like the whole not dying thing) are very hard to come by until high level, but he is actually pretty weak, relatively speaking.

You'll want Hide Life, a spell which renders you immune to death. It's a 9th level spell with a huge XP cost, so you'll need a ton of money to buy a scroll. Then pick up Troll-Blooded for regeneration.

(Un)Inspired
2015-04-10, 12:11 AM
Would you settle for making a D&D version of The Deadpool staring Clint Eastwood?

iDesu
2015-04-10, 12:28 AM
For regeneration you could probably use troll-blooded. Fire and acid can still kill you, but there are ways around that, though they're generally higher level options.

nintendoh
2015-04-10, 12:30 AM
Would you settle for making a D&D version of The Deadpool staring Clint Eastwood?

Clint Eastwood doesn't work very well for dnd either. Besides i can rp deadpool like a natural less so Eastwood. Hats off to ya big time for even knowing the movie. Where was the spell?

kaffalidjmah
2015-04-10, 03:48 AM
Deadpool is a cartoon character that know he is a comic (or videogame, or in a movie, or in a movie in a comic in a videogame) so remember that you have to metagame a lot. i know your master will hate this.

Vizzerdrix
2015-04-10, 03:48 AM
Hmm...
Human with 2 flaws (Pick up Improved Toughness and Troll Blooded)

Travel Domain Cloistered cleric 1 (For travel devotion).
Fighter 2 for TWF and what ever else is needed for TWF-ing. Snap kick maybe?
Maybe find a way into Jaunter for that teleport.
A level of Horizon Walker to deal with the Troll Blooded drawback. (Or do you need 6 levels?)

Messy build. but at 5 in the morning that is the best I can do. :smallsigh:

Rubik
2015-04-10, 04:18 AM
For anyone not familiar (and anyone who hasn't seen this who is):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn8ZqX82neg

dysprosium
2015-04-10, 08:47 AM
This (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16325515&postcount=92) was my take on Deadpool from the Heroic Chef Optimization Challenge in the Playground I.

nintendoh
2015-04-10, 12:55 PM
Never heard of the class jaunter before. What book is it in. More importantly, deapool fell in Love with death... Like the legit death grim reaper with boobs courtney loves career death. Soooo cohort naaahh that would be epic cheese. Wasnt there a deity called the pale lover or something. Domains of death, Passion, and something?

nintendoh
2015-04-10, 01:01 PM
This (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16325515&postcount=92) was my take on Deadpool from the Heroic Chef Optimization Challenge in the Playground I.

Its not letting me pull it up for some reason... It sucks but i would feel really bad about completely ripping off you character build as a free action.

dysprosium
2015-04-10, 01:14 PM
Its not letting me pull it up for some reason... It sucks but i would feel really bad about completely ripping off you character build as a free action.

The link works for me :smallconfused:

The build stub is CN human half troll Jester 6/Ranger 2/Swordsage 2/Master of Masks 1/Battle Dancer 1/Warblade 2/Heir of Siberys 2

If your DM allows Dragon Magazine substitute the half troll template with the Troll Blooded feat from issue 315. It saves four levels! You'll have to get rid of Able Learner at first level too and be careful with the skill points but it should still work out.

ShurikVch
2015-04-10, 01:59 PM
I think Deadpool should be [Epic]. Epic Destiny: Eternal Hero (Dr#363)

Or just take a Curst from Monsters of Faerūn (updated to LA +3) - it's indestructible: Regeneration + "Not subject to nonlethal damage"

Classes:
1. Non-Spellcasting Ranger, Favored Enemy (Humanoids); maybe, dip in Exotic Weapon Master for Close-Quarters Ranged Combat
2. Warblade, heavy on Iron Heart and Tiger Claw disciplines; maybe, dip in Master of Nine for more Maneuvers Known/Readied
3. Fangshields Barbarian 7th level ACF: may spent a daily Rage use to heal (HDx2) hp (Note: required non-humanoid)
Also, maybe, some levels in Bloodhound

DMVerdandi
2015-04-10, 02:38 PM
Question.
Do you want a carbon copy of deadpool to play AS him to the T, or do you want a character build so that you can play as a quick, dexterous, and witty mercenary that can take punishment?

Outside of the regeneration, he is essentially a highly trained martial character.

We can make you the second one rather handily, but the first is going to require access to guns, bombs, and tech that isn't very commonplace in most DND settings. Secondly, as far as roleplaying goes, playing as an already famous character is one of those things that leaves a taste in your mouth. 90% of people in our field (geekery) know deadpool, and are going to smell it a mile away.
Furthermore, his amount of shenanigans is unbearably annoying IN universe, And the 4th wall breaking can be touchy in a game that thrives on verisimilitude, if not game-breaking.

Deadpool is at an 11, your guy at best would be at a 3. Make some yo mama jokes every now and then, or have a quip maybe once per game, and the other players will think of you as the funny guy, but too often people try too hard, and end up just being that guy that makes everyone else sigh after their machine-gun jokes all miss.

Now, roleplaying aside, crunch.

I think an interesting take would be:

warblade 1/Wizard 4/Prestige Bard 15
Take Eidetic Spellcaster and spontaneous divination.
Take two flaws,
Get Apprentice (Entertainer) feat, and Practiced Spellcaster (Wizard), Also Exotic Weapon proficiency(katana)
and maybe skill focus (perform)

Eventually get melodic casting.

Now, as for his combat maneuvers, you could just use Heroics to obtain all the feats you need.
So now you have spells, feats, and all the other stuff you need. Prestige bard gives you medium BAB, so that's good too.
See if you can get permanency cast on a couple of good ability score buffs, and you should be gravy.

That build can also be swapped out for a battle sorcerer with a couple of changes.

It's not the most optimal, but it's simple. And simple gets past DM's well.

nintendoh
2015-04-10, 11:35 PM
hey everyone thanks for your help. I'm already playing with a warforged artificer, and a psion shaper. now the iron humanoid and the green candle, no joke, are fairly obvious who they are trying to be. I just wanted something with a little bit more flavor and discovered it was harder than I thought it was. thanks again!

nintendoh
2015-04-12, 03:03 AM
Haha just got the artificer to make me some mag fed hand crossbows. Now i just need to work out the rules of having three wands/rods/staves of fireball duct taped together.