PDA

View Full Version : barbarian duellist

Weasel of Doom
2007-04-14, 07:39 AM
I wanted to make a noble knight/duellist using the barbarian class with his rage being a fighting style he used and was wondering how to design him. I didn’t want to use any prestige classes but was thinking of throwing in a few levels of knight if it won’t completely mess up his power. I can get a hold of most books and the dm is pretty sympathetic towards melee classes so feats probably aren’t a problem. I was thinking maybe going a karmic strike route and would like to use great sword and the whirling frenzy variant. So basically any hints or good feats to get would help.

Starbuck_II
2007-04-14, 09:48 AM
I wanted to make a noble knight/duellist using the barbarian class with his rage being a fighting style he used and was wondering how to design him. I didn’t want to use any prestige classes but was thinking of throwing in a few levels of knight if it won’t completely mess up his power. I can get a hold of most books and the dm is pretty sympathetic towards melee classes so feats probably aren’t a problem. I was thinking maybe going a karmic strike route and would like to use great sword and the whirling frenzy variant. So basically any hints or good feats to get would help.
Problem:
Knight must be Lawful for abilitied
Barbarian loses rage when Lawful.

They don't mix well currently.

Rama_Lei
2007-04-14, 10:54 AM
You could just roleplay a Barbarian as a noble warrior?

the_tick_rules
2007-04-14, 05:08 PM
he could just act noble.

Kevlimin_Soulaxe
2007-04-14, 05:15 PM
That's like saying he could just "act" lawful...

Fax Celestis
2007-04-14, 05:18 PM
That's like saying he could just "act" lawful...

Noble Savagery != Lawful.

The_Werebear
2007-04-14, 06:01 PM
You can get rage out of the Half Orc Paragon prestige class in Unearthed Arcana, no matter your alignment. From there on out, you can take knight/paladin/other lawful class.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-04-14, 06:30 PM
You could use my variant dwarf, they gain the ability to rage 1/day at the expense of their dodge bonuses.

Threeshades
2007-04-14, 06:36 PM
Can't he just rage while wearing a fancy cape or something?

Seriously though i didnt know barbarians had to be non-lawful to rage (good thing i never played a barbarian, and if i had, i wouldn't really have bothered to take a lawful alignment (i rarely use anything else than chaotic))

Dervag
2007-04-14, 06:52 PM
A non-lawful alignment can definitely be noble. So I see no reason why you can't play a noble barbarian warrior who later shifts off into duelling.

Weasel of Doom
2007-04-14, 07:07 PM
Actually I talked to my dm and he said I could be a lawful barbarian and i changed a couple of the skills and stuff what i actually wanted was any good feats for melee fighting.

the_tick_rules
2007-04-14, 09:19 PM
well i'm sure a barbarian could duel class in swashbuckler or duelist or something like that if that's what ya meant also. It'd be weird, but not impossible.