PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next How would you set the elven Fey'ri subrace?

BRKNdevil
2015-04-09, 10:44 PM
Would you just have it as a subrace? make it its own thing?

The reason i'm asking is because recently i've been reading the Rat Queens from image comics and they are ****ing amazing! So I thought i'd draw up some character sheets for them

There is one human cleric of some domain or another (apparently she is an atheist who belonged to a cult), one mountain or hill dwarf ( can't tell, haven't been able to read the 2nd volume with all the backstory) fighter and one halfling thief. and the last person of their crew is an elf wizard, (probably an abjurant) but then you find out she has demon horns( hidden with a rockabilly hairdo that she rocks with) so i have stats for the other 3, but not the elf.

BRKNdevil
2015-04-11, 11:22 AM
Nothing at all?

Samhaim
2015-04-14, 05:51 AM
I would probably go with a subrace, since nothing in the elven basic traits is in antithesis with the fey'ri's flavour.

chando
2015-04-17, 12:29 PM
If you just want the feel of the demon elf and to be balanced you could make a subrace that gives Cha+1, fire resistence and the firebold cantrip tied to CHA.
If you want the fey'ry abilities from other editions, you could make a feat for wings and another for magic abilities (once/long rest enervation once they are 8th level, some other maybe fiendish rebuke and sugestion as well) base it of the feat that grants svirfneblim magic on the elemental evil companion.