PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Is this build decent, or even playable?

Chester
2015-04-10, 11:03 AM
Right now, I'm running a Warforged Spirit Lion Totem Barbarian 1 / Dungeoncrasher Fighter 1.
With two flaws, I took the feats Adamantine Body, Power Attack, Improved Bullrush, Cleave. I'm planning to take 4 levels in DC fighter before taking Warforged Juggernaut.

My idea, then, is a possible: Spirit Lion Totem 1 / Dungeon Crasher 4 / Warforged Juggernaut 5 / Artificer 1 / Spellcarved Soldier X.

Silver Tracery would be the only prerequisite feat, and I can take that at level 12 when I enter the class.

But does this build idea even make sense? I like the runes, but I'm not sure if this is even worth it.

Vizzerdrix
2015-04-10, 11:09 AM
Silver Tracery would be the only prerequisite feat, and I can take that at level 12 when I enter the class.

This is the only problem I'm seeing. I don't think you can take a qualifier feat for a class at the same level as said class.

Other than that, it looks like a fun build.

Zombulian
2015-04-10, 11:11 AM
Right now, I'm running a Warforged Spirit Lion Totem Barbarian 1 / Dungeoncrasher Fighter 1.
With two flaws, I took the feats Adamantine Body, Power Attack, Improved Bullrush, Cleave. I'm planning to take 4 levels in DC fighter before taking Warforged Juggernaut.

My idea, then, is a possible: Spirit Lion Totem 1 / Dungeon Crasher 4 / Warforged Juggernaut 5 / Artificer 1 / Spellcarved Soldier X.

But does this build idea even make sense? I like the runes, but I'm not sure if this is even worth it.

I don't see how it wouldn't work. Spellcarved Soldier has Full BAB so you're not really missing out on anything. But I would say that maybe you wanna pick up the last two levels of Dungeon Crasher.

Chester
2015-04-10, 11:14 AM
This is the only problem I'm seeing. I don't think you can take a qualifier feat for a class at the same level as said class.

Other than that, it looks like a fun build.

Our group allows taking a single prerequisite feat at the same time as we enter the class level. Either way, I could always swap it.

I don't see how it wouldn't work. Spellcarved Soldier has Full BAB so you're not really missing out on anything. But I would say that maybe you wanna pick up the last two levels of Dungeon Crasher.

True. I'll definitely revisit Dungeon Crasher at some point.

Zombulian
2015-04-10, 11:17 AM
Our group allows taking a single prerequisite feat at the same time as we enter the class level. Either way, I could always swap it.

Yeah I thought the issue Chester had was that Warforged Body feats can only be taken at 1st.

Sith_Happens
2015-04-10, 11:17 AM

You definitely want the last two levels of Dungeoncrasher. Also, take Spellcarved Soldier to at most 4th level, DR 5/magic will be completely useless long before you have the chance to take the 5th.

Chester
2015-04-10, 12:32 PM
Yeah I thought the issue Chester had was that Warforged Body feats can only be taken at 1st.

As far as I can tell, Silver Tracery doesn't have to be taken at level 1.

Zombulian
2015-04-10, 12:50 PM
As far as I can tell, Silver Tracery doesn't have to be taken at level 1.

Yeah that was just me pulling info from memory so it's very possible I was wrong. Also I meant Vizz not you obviously.

Chester
2015-04-10, 01:10 PM
You definitely want the last two levels of Dungeoncrasher. Also, take Spellcarved Soldier to at most 4th level, DR 5/magic will be completely useless long before you have the chance to take the 5th.

When would you recommend the rest of Dungeon Crasher? Right after Juggernaut? After Spellcarved?

Yeah that was just me pulling info from memory so it's very possible I was wrong. Also I meant Vizz not you obviously.

No worries. :smallwink:

Vizzerdrix
2015-04-10, 01:21 PM

Several warforged body feats can be taken after first level.

Sith_Happens
2015-04-10, 06:00 PM
When would you recommend the rest of Dungeon Crasher? Right after Juggernaut? After Spellcarved?

Definitely before Spellcarved. Before or after Juggernaut is a toss-up, or maybe you can stick it in the middle.