PDA

View Full Version : World Wide Wrestling (IC)

Green Bean
2015-04-10, 04:19 PM
Episode 1: The Best There Is...

The shot opens on a brightly-lit wrestling ring surrounded by darkness. The camera pulls back, and as it does, house lights go on, revealing row after row of cheering and screaming fans. The sound is muted, but once the light reaches the last tier of seating, the sound comes back in an explosion of sound that is matched by a CGI explosion in the centre of the ring, which reveals the famous logo of WORLD! WIDE! WRESTLING!.

Then, a cut to the exterior of a large stadium; the parking lot is packed, and if the viewer squints they can see the massive admission lines. Then, cut to the interior, where two announcers are ringside, their backs to an excited crowd. "Laaaaadies and gentlemen, World Wide Wrestling is proud to welcome you to the Herodome in beautiful Springfield, Illinois! We've got a hell of a show for you tonight, don't we, Avery?"

"That's right, Parker. The WWW is home to some of the greatest athletes and competitors working today, and they are here for one thing and one thing alone: victory."

"This is a primal sport, and even a moment's hesitation can cost you a match, or even a career. In the ring, there's no room for thought, and no room for fear. To win, these men and women must Act on Instinct!" The camera cuts away from the announcers to the Act on Instinct event logo, then transitions to a pre-recorded video package, starting with a highlight reel from previous shows.

Match 1: Connor Drake vs. Terror-Dactyl

The introduction package for this match is cut together from two separate pre-show interviews each of you did with WWW celebrity announcer Rhonda Rhodes. You are backstage, wearing full performance getup, in a conference room carefully made up to look like a studio .

"Mr. Drake, Terror-Dactyl is a dominating force in the WWW. You've faced him before, and it's never been an easy match. What's your mindset going in?"

"Terror-Dactyl, Connor Drake is widely regarded as one of the most talented wrestlers competing today, and you've crossed paths before. Does your experience facing him change your strategy?"

What do you say?

Match 2: Motor City Mary vs. Tommy "The D" Douglas

"Ladies of Springfield! The D is here, and as always, he will rise to the occasion!" Tommy is doing his promo live from the ring to a mixed chorus of cheers and boos; he's well-muscled, handsome man with a sleazy lady's man gimmick. Mary's backstage, but she can step out at any time and cut him off with her entrance. "The D always knows what ladies want, and what the ladies of Springfield want is...The D. Am I right? I can't hear you!"

What do you do?

Match 3: John Walker vs. Mauga
The camera takes us backstage, to the WWW locker room. John Walker is doing whatever wrestlers are doing when on-camera locker sequences start, when Mauga walks in. Even through a screen, the viewer can see the temperature drop in the room. Before anything can start, a few of the other wrestlers deliberately interpose themselves between the two of you. You can't progress any violence past shoving with this many other people here, but you can certainly talk to one another.

What do you do?

So, the opening will need two things from you. First, a description of how you appear in the highlight reel. No rolls required, though it should be short and make you look badass.

Second, a response to the prompt. It will probably be a Cut a Promo move, but if you can justify another move, by all means go for it. If you're stuck, a good promo focuses on three key ingredients:

Who you are.
What you want.
Why you'll get it.

kpenguin
2015-04-10, 05:38 PM
MAUGA

The highlight reel features Mauga being at by fellow jobber the Star Sign, only for Mauga to counter, pulling the Star Sign into a fireman's carry and then throwing him into a Samoan drop. Its brutal looking as the Star Sign hits the mat.

---

Mauga stomps towards John Walker, mouth chewing raw fish, a wild look in his eyes. As he's stopped by the other wrestlers holding him back, he spits out a fish head at Walker's face and gives a low roar, specks of food and saliva flying out of his mouth. Mauga lunges forward, but he's held back by the other wrestlers Frustrated, he points a finger at John Walker and then points a finger at a nearby locker.

He then smashes his head against the locker repeatedly.

Green Bean
2015-04-10, 05:56 PM
Blood starts pouring from Mauga's forehead, and his eyes are glassy. It's clearly a legit injury, which tempers the viewing audience's reaction.

John, Mauga may be seriously hurt. What do you do?

kpenguin
2015-04-10, 06:02 PM
Mauga

Mauga takes the injury in stride, though he'll probably have people all over him checking for a concussion once the cameras are off. For now, though, he stares at John intensely as blood drips down his face.

Phase
2015-04-10, 06:02 PM
Terror-Dactyl

His highlight reel rendered in lovingly synthesized shaky-cam, Terror-Dactyl's record is one of high-flying antics and the sort of heel moves that make your mother cry. BOOM! Terror-Dactyl spins around on the top rope, before letting himself loose right into Jackhamma's chest! BANG! He does a leaping kick, sending Lazerdrome reeling! TWANG! He launches himself what must be 15 feet above the ring! The camera freeze-frames on him at the top of his arc, just before he's going to come in for a landing...

---

Terror-Dactyl, shaking out his limbs and looking up at the ceiling, breathes out. He levels his head and open his eyes, lacking irises as a result of his time-travel mishap* breaking into a wide, toothy grin.

"Drake is real firecracker in ring, Rhonda." He says, voice a low growl as always. "But I am getting one over on him San Antonio, even if he beat me there." He twists his neck around, cracking sound audible on camera, and grins wider."But this time foolish Drake will learn that Terror-Dactyl is king in ring." He snorts. "And I will eat him alive."

*Prescription colored contacts.

SuperCracker
2015-04-10, 06:32 PM
The video package starts with some Japanese characters slowly starting to change shape until they form big red letters reading: The Man of 1000 Moves: Connor Blake. The package starts to show highlights from Connor's time in WWW (they don't really own the rights to Japan, after-all). It shows a variety of wild moves coming from the performer. Missile drop-kicks, a variety of martial-arts style shin-kicks to kneeling opponents, some inventive submissions including the Cattle Mutilation, suplex, suples, German suplex.
-----
Standing with Rhonda, he certainly doesn't look as impressive as Terror-Dactyl does, but there's intensity. He's determined to prove himself on the show tonight. "My mindset is this. Terror-Dactyl can jump so high and so far that it's like gravity doesn't exist. They say a man can't fly, but he can. I can't match his high flying." Always put over your rival, kids. Connor's face grows serious. "But I can out-wrestle him. There are a lot of superstars in the WWW. Some are stronger, some can talk better than I can. Some have a better image."

"But I'm a better wrestler. It's time I showed that to the world."

He walks off, leaving Rhonda standing there watching after him. The camera lingers on her face for a moment before the scene changes.

Trying to make my promo raw, maybe slip in a bit of grievance airing. With that in mind, I'd like to roll +Real.

Fawkes
2015-04-11, 12:08 AM
The video package only shows a few brief shots of John Walker actually wrestling - it instead focuses on his PASSIONATE and PATRIOTIC CROWD-PLEASING!

John Walker is busy doing his patented ALL-AMERICAN training regiment* when SOME GIANT POLYNESIAN MAN busts into the locker room, eating a fish in a very UN-AMERICAN manner! Walker put on his best CLINT EASTWOOD stare.

"Mauga, you yellow sonovabitch! I thought I tol' you not to show your face again after what you did to Freedom!"

Mauga SPITS a FISH at John Walker! It gets all over his hat!

"MY HAT! I'LL GET YOU, YOU-"

Walker LUNGES at Mauga, but the other wrestlers are in the way! He is HELD BACK while Mauga headbutts a locker for some reason!

[John clicks off his mic and whispers to one of the other wrestlers while the camera is on Mauga. "That's, uh... that's fake blood, right?"]

The camera turns back to John Walker, AMERICAN LEGEND!

"Oh! Uh, -click- THIS ISN'T OVER, MAUGA! You're gonna learn tonight, you don't mess with Texas, you don't mess with America, and you sure as SHOOT don't mess with John Walker!"

*doing one bicep curl right when the camera starts rolling

Green Bean
2015-04-11, 03:37 PM
Match 1: Connor Drake vs. Terror-Dactyl

As both of you cut your promos, there is a small group of managers and writers using the other half of the conference room for its intended purpose. While they're quiet during, once you're done, one of them leans over to the most senior writer there and speaks quietly into his ear. The writer nods and jots something down on a clipboard. And then it's time to prepare for the match.

The crowd doesn't seem too into your promos, but Terror-Dactyl is super hot right now regardless, so both of your entrances draw huge cheers and boos as appropriate. Management gave you your schedule; you've got enough to to maybe do a short mic bit, but after that, it's all about putting on a proper show.

Match 3: John Walker vs. Mauga

While Mauga's clearly legit injury almost puts a damper on the crowd, John Walker's promo turns them right around. Walker and Mauga's pre-existing feud has some white hot heat with the crowd, and now they are ready for some violence! The boos as Mauga makes his entrance nearly blots out the sound system, and the crowd is 100% on John Walker's side here. The intensely personal nature of the match leaves little time for mic work; you're doing your entrances, then you're getting down to business.

Walker is starting with control because this is clearly his revenge match, and Terror-Dactyl starts with control because he's a Heel and that's how it goes. Describe your entrance (add in your theme music if you want), and then get down to it.

I'm mostly going to rely on you guys to keep track of your own momentum during play, so it'd be great if you put it at the end of your posts.

kpenguin
2015-04-11, 03:55 PM
MAUGA

Mauga enters to huge boos as drums and chants play through the speakers. He stumbles his first steps down the ramp, holding his head (which has pair of bandages, bigger than than they probably need to be) before marching down. He's chewing his fish and as he nears a some audience members who are booing them, he gives them the wild eyes and spits bits of fish at the crowd, laughing and pointing as it lands.

As he steps on the ramp, he drums his chest and roars, looking at the other end for John to appear.

Playing up my injury to give +1 momentum to John, using cheap heat to get +1 momentum for myself

Momentum: 1

Fawkes
2015-04-11, 04:17 PM
JOHN WALKER

Suddenly, the lights dim in the arena! RED, WHITE, and BLUE spotlights DANCE around the audience. The lights converge on the opposite walkway as two SMOKIN HOT ladies dressed as the STATUE OF LIBERTY but wearing SHORT SHORTS run out waving AMERICAN FLAGS. The crowd CHEERS as FIREWORKS BURST along to the music of TOBY KEITH, AMERICAN TREASURE (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFs8wTK2tfg).

From the smoke emerges JOHN WALKER! The crowd goes WILD! Walker raises his arms, basking in the glow of the loving audience, but there's not time! AMERICA has been THREATENED!

Walker RUNS down the stairs, YELLING something about how Mauga is a TERRORIST who needs a good ASS-WHOOPIN'. He VAULTS the ropes and wastes no time CHARGING at Mauga! Mauga plants himself for the charge and takes a swing at Walker, but Walker ducks under it effortlessly and slips behind the Samoan giant! With a MIGHTY LEAP, Walker JUMPS onto Mauga's back for one of signature moves - the BUCKING BRONCO! Walker holds on tight with one arm, waving his SIGNATURE COWBOY HAT with the other as he RIDES Mauga INTO THE ROPES!

Wrestling Move, with Look - Gaining one Heat with Mauga

Momentum: 3

Fawkes
2015-04-11, 04:53 PM
JOHN WALKER

Walker LEAPS off of Mauga's back just before the big man CRASHES into the ropes and FALLS to the mat! But Walker's not going for the pin anytime soon! He runs to the other side of the ring, leaning against the ropes as Mauga stumbles back to his feet. The two fighters CHARGE at each other, Mauga ready to tackle, but John slips through his grasp! The wrestlers BOUNCE off the ropes and CHARGE again! This time, Walker makes the move! He throws out an arm for a CLOTHESLINE, but Mauga ducks underneath! The wrestlers go to the ropes again, and come out for a third CHARGE! With a mighty CRASH, the wrestlers SLAM into each other in the center ring!

Momentum: 5

kpenguin
2015-04-11, 05:11 PM
SPending a Momentum to interrupt!

Mauga

Mauga stumbles back after the last slam, clearly being dominated in these exchanges by John Walker. There's a moment of pause in his action, looks at the audience, and then he stumbles back two more steps and falls over backward, landing on top of the referee.

He then immediately stands up, dusts himself off, and looks at the audience with a finger to his mouth as Walker rushes in to check on the REAL AMERICAN who might have been INJURED. Mauga stalks around the ring, keeping his finger to his mouth and looking outward before turning around and running up to deliver a SUPERKICK at Walker.

Doing a Heat sequence here!

SuperCracker
2015-04-11, 05:18 PM
Michael Vole

"The match between the All-American and the Pacific Powerhouse is really heating up. Look at them go! Collision after collision. Neither man giving ground! WHOA! The ref's down! The ref's down!

Walker's checking on the-- waait a minute look out! OH MY GAWD! A HELL of a superkick! Mauga just knocked John Walker's head off with that vicious superkick!

What a cheap shot. What a damn cheap shot!"

Fawkes
2015-04-11, 05:21 PM
John Walker's COWBOY HAT goes FLYING off his head into the audience! He's gonna want that back!

kpenguin
2015-04-11, 05:22 PM
Retaining control with SC's over

Mauga

Mauga throws his head back and laughs as Walker reels in pain into a corner. He walks around the ring, stopping at each of the four corners to put his arms up and roar at the audience, stepping onto a middle turnbuckle to do so, reveling in his cheap and vicious shot at Walker.

Working the Audience

Momentum: 0

Phase
2015-04-11, 05:28 PM
Terror-Dactyl

The lights start off low, a rumbling bass pumping right through the base of the audience's seats. They came for a show, and by god are they going to get one. Mist rises lazily as the auditorium is slowly filled with the sound of croaking frogs and chirping birds in the prehistoric swamps of old. Spotlights carve beams of light through the mist, twirling around in the air, before they come to rest on a pair of doors. And as the music begins to swell, it bursts loudly into Terror-Dactyl's entrance theme (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3WoEZ0jutw) as the doors explode open, the wrestler himself leaping out, arms flung wide.

He bounces in time with the music, reveling in the audience's booing, before spinning around and doing a double handspring up the ramp and overthe top rope. He lets out a primal roar as he clenches his fists, before taking a big whiff.

*Snifffff.* "Ahhh." He grins wide, bouncing backwards and taking in the crowd. "This putrid town smells of-" He makes a face of disgust. "Mammalian filth." He raises his arms in the air yells at the crowd, tiny green cape clutched in both hands.

Momentum: 2

Getting Cheap Heat for +1 momentum

kpenguin
2015-04-11, 05:33 PM
Mauga

As the crowd errupts with boos and jeers at Mauga's grandstanding, Walker begins to shake himself out of the ropes walking toward Mauga. Mauga turns around and barrels towrads Walker with more speed than expected for a man his size and then picks him up, putting him over his shoulders into a powerbomb right into a corner!

SuperCracker
2015-04-11, 05:41 PM
Terror-Dactyl continues to run down the audience and Springfield until his heel diatribe is cut short by this entrance theme (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1fflkAqsHw). The lights in the theater go out, save for the TitanTron and the entrance itself. Out from Guerilla position walks Connor Blake. In addition to his normal ring gear (he looks like he came from MMA... maybe?), he's wearing an unzipped black hoodie with a firebrick colored hood. His head is down low, his face utterly intense.

He brings both arms out to his sides, just above him. Pyro goes off, white flashes of fireworks shooting up into the air. Connor yanks down the hood and points at Terror-Dactyl. He grabs a mic (convenient). "You listen here! I like mammals! My dog's a mammal! And Springfield is one of my favorite places to wrestle. I'm not gonna stand here and listen to you run them down!"

And Connor starts to sprint towards the ring, jumping and sliding under the bottom rope for his entrance. This match is starting hot hot hot!

Cheap Pop for +1 momentum. I'll spend 2 for a babyface move and get +1 heat with Dactyl. +3 heat total.

kpenguin
2015-04-11, 05:46 PM
Mauga

As the crowd goes wild and Walker hits the mat, Mauga grabs Walker by the legs and drags him to the center. There's a series of short exchanges as Walker tries to make a reversal, but it ends with Mauga on top of Walker holding him into the camel clutch as the referee finally comes to.

AvianMalkavian
2015-04-11, 06:46 PM
Motor City Mary

Mary's highlight reel demonstrates quite clearly what kind of wrestler she is, a no-nonsense badass who doesn't play by the rules. Footage of previous feuds are used where she threw down with other heels, wielding baseball bats and steel chairs, breaking rules, getting in the face of refs and management, and finally a shot of Mary using her signature 'Motor City Mangler' (a vicious looking piledriver) to put a wrestler through a table.

---

The sudden roar of a muscle car engine announces Mary's arrival as she strides down the entrance ramp with a mic in hand. She smirks, taking a look around and holding her arms out toward the audience as the music plays. Once it starts to fade, Detroit's favorite daughter raises the mic to her lips and says, “You can't hear 'em, cause they ain't talkin'.” She climbs into the ring in properly unconcerned fashion, rolling her shoulders and tilting her head until her neck pops, “Let me tell you what the ladies of Springfield want, 'D'. They wanna see me put my boot so far up your ass, it'll look like you're doin' the truffle shuffle when I'm pullin' my leg out!”

With a big, self-satisfied, grin, Mary points towards the crowds, “Am I right, ladies?”

Phase
2015-04-11, 06:47 PM
Terror Dactyl

And it's not showing any signs of cooling down any time soon!

Terror-Dactyl lets out a roar as he dashes forwards to meet his opponent! He leaps into the air, no time for words now, the Jurassic Jerk crashing down hard on the prone wrestler!

But Connor is too fast for that, blocking with his own hands and thrusting upwards, Terror-Dactyl going flying into the air (with Connor's help!) He throws out his arms, cape splayed like wings, before tucking into a roll as Connor throws himself to his feet.

The two circle, sizing each other up, before sharing a single nod, imperceptible to the cameras, and charge.

They throw blows at one another, Terror-Dactyl's hands curved like claws, and if the audience didn't know better they would swear it was all scripted blow-by-blow. Terror-Dactyl ducks, throwing out a blow to Connor's gut that he rolls with easily. Connor kicks out high, Terror-Dactyl ducking low. Any less adept wrestlers would be down for real by now, but these two know their stuff.

Terror-Dactyl ducks a final swing by Connor, which goes just a bit too wide, and the Russian finally gets the upper hand. He grins, slipping behind him, and tucking his arms up for a headlock! He's grabbed! Terror-Dactyl then falls forward, his own weight pinning Connor Blake to the mat!

The referee runs over. 1! The crowd goes wild, this can't be it, can it? 2! Not Terror-Dactyl! He'll devour the crowd!!

But Connor breaks free to a rousing cheer from the audience, sending Terror-Dactyl sprawling with an elbow to the face!

Hit the wrestling just right, going for +1 Heat with Connor, setting it to +4!

Phase
2015-04-11, 08:01 PM
Motor City Mary vs. The D

"This is looking to be a prime fight tonight, folks! This is the first time Mary and The D have been in the same room together since The D purposely crashed Mary's 1969 Dodge Charger into Lake St. Clair in the Hometown Bash! Things couldn't possibly be hotter between these two titans, and I for one can't wait to see what they bring to the table."

Terror-Dactyl

Terror-Dactyl takes the moment of Connor's escape to gather himself, and as the heroic Face feeds off the love of the audience, Terror-Dactyl makes his move. He quietly (for a professional wrestler) climbs to the top rope behind Connor and clears his throat. Connor turns around to see Terror-Dactyl perched there, arms clutching his cape and flung wide.

As the face charges forward, Terror-Dactyl jumps, arms wide as wings! He brings up his legs, and slams into Connor with a MISSILE DROP KICK! But not just any! It's Terror-Dactyl's signature WINGS OF FURY move! Connor stumbles back, Terror-Dactyl's feet planted on his shoulders, arms flapping like the wings they are! In moments Connor is flat on his back, Terror-Dactyl with one foot planted on the hero's chest, arms in the air, roaring at the sky!

Momentum: 4

Using +Work to WRESTLE.

Phase
2015-04-11, 09:08 PM
Terror-Dactyl (Again)

Slipping down on one knee, Terror-Dactyl has Connor Blake PINNED with his bony joint. The referee rushes in, ready to call it, but Connor is better than that! He curls up with his legs around Terror-Dactyl's neck and flings him off! He spins around, face down on the floor as he recovers from Terror-Dactyl's furious onslaught.

And it's looking bad for the hero, as his counter did nothing to stem the horrible flow of the Mesozoic Monster's rage. He runs up and kicks Connor in the face, just laying into the prone man as he lies on the floor. Punch. Kick. Punch punch. Kick. This is really bad for Connor, and just as things look like they couldn't get any worse, Terror-Dactyl LIFTS him up over his head, and THROWS him across the ring!

Wrestling with +Power!

Green Bean
2015-04-11, 09:20 PM

The crowd breaks into a roaring cheer (a slightly more highly pitched one than Tommy) as Mary lays The D out with verbal smackdown, hopefully soon to be followed by a physical smackdown. The D spreads his arms tauntingly, then says into the mic "Come at me, bro!" He throws it aside and the match begins in earnest!

Fawkes
2015-04-11, 10:03 PM
TERROR-DACTYL VS CONNOR BLAKE

"Amazing! Terror-Dactyl opens with an incredible flurry of blows, but Connor Blake matches the mighty lizard's every move! Could this be a repeat of San Antonio?"

"OH, and Terror-Dactyl's got 'im! He's got 'im in a headlock! HE'S GOING FOR THE PIN! I DON'T BELIEVE IT! The Dactyl's taking his revenge! But no! He's free! Connor Blake has broken the pin!"

"Uh oh, but the Terror-Dactyl isn't done yet, folks! He's climbing up for a surprise attack! Is it - it is! THE WINGS OF FURY! BOOM! And Connor's down again! That's gotta hurt!"

"He's pinned again! It could be all over, folks! But no! Connor's still fighting! Uh oh, Terror-Dactyl's mad now! Oh my god! He's throwing down punches like there's no tomorrow! It's a damned meteor shower! Connor Blake is taking a BEATING, folks! Wait, Dactyl's stopping, what's he doing? Oh my- he's lifting him over his head! What's he gonna do! OH he threw him like - like - what do dinosaurs even throw! I don't know!"

SuperCracker
2015-04-11, 11:30 PM
Terror-Dactyl throws Connor Blake across the ring and Blake sells it hard, falling down as if he's crumpled. The Russian luchador laughs menacingly, striking a pose for the crowd who assail him with a chorus of jeers. Blake starts to stir, pushing himself up onto his hands and knees. Dactyl notices and then steps between the ropes on the far side of the ring. He waits, as Blake pushes himself up onto his feet. Then Dactyl grabs the ropes and jumps up, placing his feet the top rope and using its spring to launch himself across the ring.

Blake notices and gathers his wits long enough to deliver a perfectly timed superkick (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJLKXq8MGEk) right to the chin of the flying reptile! The crowd erupts in cheers as Dactyl goes down. Connor drags himself over Dactyl's body, covering him for the pin.

1... 2... the ref's hand almost hits the mat as Dactyl kicks out at 2 and 3/4ths! The crowd is shocked and is going crazy. Feet are being stomped as both men struggle to their feet.

"The comeback we did in the Tokyo Dome, brother."

They stand and begin throwing punches at each other. Dactyl hits Connor, Connor hits Dactyl. Back and forth until Dactyl goes for a kick. Connor catches the kick, holding Dactyl's leg before leaping up and hitting an enziguiri on the heel who staggers to his knees. Connor gets up and begins to deliver harsh (seeming) shin-kicks to Dactyl's chest. Right leg kick, right leg kick, right leg kick. Connor pulls Dactyl up onto his feet, grabs him by the arm then irish whips him into the corner.

He comes charging in afterwards, but Dactyl stops himself from hitting the corner hard. Connor goes for a backdrop on Dactyl, who backflips out of it, landing behind Connor and grabbing the face for a reverse DDT. Connor slips out of the hold, turns around, and then grabs Dactyl for an exploder suplex into the corner! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9A4JQ025h0) Dactyl gets hung upside down on the turnbuckles.

The audience is losing their minds. This is probably the highest work-rate match they've seen in years. These two performers are clearly some of the best workers in the industry.

Taking +1 heat and +2 momentum.

SuperCracker
2015-04-11, 11:47 PM
After the suplex, Connor performs a kip-up right to his feet. His fists are held out and shaking, his eyes full of intensity (he may not be able to cut a promo, but he can show that fire when he needs to). Connor runs flat-out to the opposite corner, turns around, then charges the strung-up Dactyl, delivering a dropkick to his midsection. Connor hits the ground, backrolls onto his feet, then runs for the opposite corner again. He does another charging dropkick!

He does this one more time for a total of three! This takes mere seconds, with Connor showing tremendous conditioning and speed. He could easily hurt himself with any one of these falls, but he does it with grace and speed.

Off the third dropkick, Dactyl falls from the turnbuckle.

After this, waiting on GB to continue... but if we have more match time, I'll take a momentum and let Dactyl gain control of the match.

3 momentum right now.

AvianMalkavian
2015-04-12, 01:01 AM
Motor City Mary

"I'm not your bro, bro," Mary responds on her mic before chucking it away. She then promptly rushes 'The D', cold cocking the sleazeball upside his head, stomping on his foot, and finishing it up with a vicious headbutt. Tommy staggers, stunned by the blow long enough for the Detroit Diva to grab hold of him. However, before she can deliver a side slam to take him to the floor, he manages a reversal, flipping Mary onto her back.

The D moves in to try and get some stomps in on her but Mary kicks up and connects, knocking Tommy toward the ropes. He uses the momentum to bounce off and rush her, bringing her down again just as she's getting to her feet. The D continues, using the ropes on the opposite side of the ring and barreling down on Mary with an elbow drop. Mary rolls aside at the last second and Tommy hits the floor hard, reeling from the failed strike.

Fawkes
2015-04-12, 01:15 AM

"Connor Blake looks hurt, folks, I don't know if he can keep going. Holy - he's getting back up! He's still in the game! But Dactyl's going for another dive - this could be it for Connor Blake - OH MY GOD! What a reversal of fortunes! The Dactyl is down! 1! 2! No, he's out!"

"Ladies and gentlemen, the hits just keep on coming! These two fighters are tearing each other apart! Connor Blake is using every move in the book! What's he doing now? OH, it's a suplex! Terror-Dactyl is down again! Blake runs to the other side and OH MY GOD a devastating kick from Connor Blake! And another! Ladies and gentlemen, we are experiencing an extinction event tonight in Springfield!"

JOHN WALKER

The now-conscious referee heads over to start the count, but Walker GRABS Mauga's shoulders and FLIPS him overhead, slipping out of the camel clutch! Mauga lands hard on his back, and Walker jumps to his feet and STOMPS on the Samoan's chest!

"Get up! Get back up! I ain't done with you yet!"

Mauga staggers to his feet, only for Walker to come charging in with a DROPKICK, sending the big man back to the mat! Walker hops up, picks Mauga up by the shoulder, and PUMMELS him with a vicious series of punches!

Finally, Walker grabs Mauga in a HEADLOCK and SLAMS him to the ground with a DDT! Mauga lies motionless on the ground, but Walker doesn't hold the pin. He stands back up, and walks calmly over to the ring post, climbing the turn buckles. He turns back toward the ring, TOWERING over the prone Mauga!

"I TOLD you what would happen if I saw your face again! John Walker ALWAYS keeps his promises! And now, you're finally gonna PAY for what you did to Freedom!"

John Walker spreads his arms out to his sides, and looks up to the ceiling - a pose he hasn't made since the death of his beloved Freedom. It's the FREEDOM DIVE! The unmistakable cry of the MAJESTIC BALD EAGLE reverberates through the arena as Walker LEAPS from the ropes and SLAMS FULL-FORCE into Mauga with a mighty elbow drop! Mauga is finished!

Finishing move! Using 4 Momentum to take it to 10 and earn some audience.

2 Momentum Remaining

Green Bean
2015-04-12, 12:29 PM

The D struggles to his feet, face a mask of fury. He tosses his signature long hair back over his shoulder and goes for a close offence; lots of grabs and grapples to leverage his superior height. Mary proves tough to pin down, evading his grip, countering his body blows with her own. Responding to a whispered instruction from Tommy, Mary counters a wild grab by redirecting the D into the ropes. He bounces off and uses the momentum for a last-second, clothesline, taking Mary off her feet and putting her flat on her back. He then proceeds to put the boot in, kicking the ever-loving bejesus out of her, before going for the throat - literally! He puts his boot to her neck and seems to press down...

Phase
2015-04-12, 12:42 PM
Terror-Dactyl

Terror-Dactyl's on the ropes after what looked like a sure-fire win for the Reptilian Rake. He just barely regains his senses on the bottom turnbuckle as Connor finishes basking in the adulation of the crowd. The hero gives the villain a moment, as heroes do, before he charges the sitting Saurian. It looks like he's going to come in for a finishing jump kick...

But Terror-Dactyl ducks forwards out of the way! He pushes low, tripping Connor on his elbow and tucking into a roll. Connor falls forwards, smacking into the bottom turnbuckle! He's stunned momentarily, but that's all the time Terror-Dactyl needs...

He jumps up from turnbuckle to turnbuckle, until he's at the top of the pole. He stands, arms wide with cape clutched in both hands. "Now... is time for K/T Extinction!" He leaps into the air, arms wide once more, before curling up into a ball and hurtling downwards towards the prone hero! CRUNCH. He lands on Connor, pinning him to the ground at last as the ref runs up. 1! 2! 3! He's down! Connor Blake is down! Pinned beneath the might of the Terror-Dactyl's tremendous extinction event!

Coming in for the Finisher. Hold on tight.

AvianMalkavian
2015-04-12, 12:53 PM
Motor City Mary

Mary holds onto Tommy's boot, wriggling uselessly on the ground for a few moments before finally pushing him off. She clutches her own throat for effect as she crawls across the ring, trying to climb to her feet. The D comes back, grabbing her by her hair and pulling her up. The seemingly dazed Mary responds by spinning around and putting her knee in his groin. While he's distracted, Mary stumbles behind him, gets her arms around him, and (with his help) gives him a German suplex!

Green Bean
2015-04-12, 01:13 PM

The D is on the ground, but as Mary gets to her feet, he kicks out and knocks her on the ground again. He grabs her and puts her in his signature submission: The Innuendo!

Fawkes
2015-04-12, 01:20 PM

"Here we go, folks, it looks like it's finally curtains for the deadliest dinosaur! There's no way Terror-Dactyl can come back from that barrage! Connor's coming in for the finisher - BUT WAIT! NOT YET! The Dactyl broke the kick! Connor Blake is down! Another amazing turn of events here in the Herodome!

Oh, what's he doing now? Ladies and gentlemen, Terror-Dactyl's climbing the ropes - what is he doing? HOLY- IT'S THE K/T EXTINCTION! THE K/T EXTINCTION! OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOD! I DON'T BELIEVE IT! AND CONNOR BLAKE IS DOWN! BLAKE IS DOWN FOR THE COUNT! THE TERROR-DACTYL'S DONE IT! INCREDIBLE!"

AvianMalkavian
2015-04-12, 01:58 PM
Motor City Mary

Mary clutches at the supposed 'ladies man', wriggling around on the floor and stomping her feet as she tries to work her way out of the submission hold. She pushes off the floor, lifting herself enough to then drop and slam the back of her head against The D's chin. Tommy lets go of her to hold his face and Mary rolls away, slowly but surely bringing herself back up from off the floor. Unsteady steps gain surety as she uses the ropes for support while Tommy staggers to the opposite side of the ring. The pair turn to look at one another, tanks running low but not entirely empty, and then they charge.

Motor City Mary and Tommy 'The D' Douglas both throw powerful haymakers. They both connect and they knock each other off their feet to land side by side. Mary is the first to recover, sitting up and taking several shots at Tommy's stomach before he pops her one on the temple. Both opponents climb to their feet and continue trading blows, Mary guiding The D into a corner. As he reels from a left cross, the Motor City's Mistress of Mayhem ducks down, grabs the ropes on either side of the turnbuckle, and slams her shoulder into his gut.

Green Bean
2015-04-12, 07:10 PM

The D appears to double over with pain as Mary hits him with her shoulder, but as he straightens up, the audience gasps as they realize she has fallen into Tommy's trap! He has his arms wrapped around her midriff, and as he stands he's got Mary turned upside down. He jumps in the air and slams her down into a vicious piledriver!

Fawkes
2015-04-12, 07:26 PM
JOHN WALKER

Walker stands up after the 3-count and grabs the mic out of the announcer's hands!

"Do you understand now, Mauga? Do you see what you get when you mess with AMERICA? You took something I loved from me! I'd take somethin' of yours, but you have NOTHING! You're NOTHING!"

Walker circles the downed wrestler.

"I TOLD you I'd teach a lesson tonight! Now you know - you don't mess with TEXAS, you don't mess with AMERICA, and you sure as SHOOT don't mess with FREEDOM!"

Walker stands directly over Mauga.

"Because when you mess with FREEDOM.... YOU GET THE HORNS!"

Walker turns back to the audience.

"But ladies and gentlemen of Springfield... Mauga isn't the only one threatening AMERICA! Earlier tonight, one of my fellow AMERICANS, Connor Blake, was DISRESPECTED by a dang LIZARD! And I'm not gonna stand for it! TERROR-DACTYL! I'm gonna show YOU what happens... when you mess with AMERICA!"

I am the Future!

Momentum: 7

AvianMalkavian
2015-04-13, 12:47 AM
Motor City Mary

Mary lays devastated on the floor, some in the audience booing while others cheer. Tommy moves over her in an attempt to pin. The ref rushes over and starts counting, slamming his hand on the ground once, then twice, and before he can finish, Mary recovers and throws the pin off. As the D and the Diva rise, Mary rushes her opponent again, putting Tommy up against the ropes. They're both exhausted, glistening with sweat from the work as much as from the lights.

Again, Mary grabs the ropes and shoulders The D in his gut until the wind is knocked out of him. While he's doubled over, Mary rolls out of the ring, reaches beneath, and retrieves a steel chair. She tosses the chair into the ring and follows after it, giving Tommy just enough time to recover before she slams the impromptu weapon down on him.

Phase
2015-04-13, 12:24 PM
Mary vs. The D

"Mary's free! That was a close one, folks, I don't think any of us wanted to see our own Motor City Mary go down without a heck of a- wait, what's she doing? Where's the ref on this one- WHAT THE- I CAN'T BELIEVE IT, MOTOR CITY MARY IN WITH THE CHAIR SHOT! WHERE IS THE REF EVEN LOOKING? Could this be the edge Mary needs??"

AvianMalkavian
2015-04-13, 06:34 PM
Motor City Mary

Almost as soon as the announcer says it, the ref is in Mary's face. While she's distracted, The D climbs to his feet and sucker punches her. The chair is dropped, the ref gets out of the way, and Tommy grabs the weapon. Now it is The D's turn to bring the pain, slamming the chair down on Mary and knocking her to the floor. As Mary reels, Tommy wearily puts her leg in the folded up chair and the audience gasps as he stomps down on it.

The effect looks a lot more painful than it actually is and Mary writhes to sell it properly, holding her leg while The D celebrates.

AvianMalkavian
2015-04-13, 11:46 PM
Motor City Mary

As the D gloats and attempts to get the audience on his side, Mary climbs to her feet and hobbles toward him. Tommy turns in time to catch a punch with his face, flailing backward. Mary follows, bull rushing The D and taking him to the floor. As he recovers, his opponent climbs the ropes, reaches the top, and maintains her balance long enough to jump off and hit Tommy with an elbowdrop. And to finish it off, Motor City Mary hoists The D up and brings him back down with her signature piledriver.

When Mary pins him, Tommy "The D" Douglas can't even put up a fight. The ref counts to three and the audience cheers. Well, fifty-one percent of it does, anyway.

Green Bean
2015-04-14, 09:27 PM
Connor Blake

Some time after the match, we cut backstage. Connor comes out of the locker room in his civvies, rounds a corner, and literally collides with the World Wide Champion himself, Screwjob Slatkin. Slatkin got his name from the infamous Toronto Screwjob, where he, with his millionaire stocktrader gimmick, revealed to the audience that he had defunded the WWW's pension fund, and then leveraged it to effectively take over the company, forcing the much beloved CEO to resign, and installing his own regime. Not a great guy to run into.

For a second, Slatkin looks like he's about to punch Connor, but instead he chuckles. "Oh hey, you're the one who got your ass kicked by the lizard guy. For a moment there I thought you were someone that mattered. Get the hell out of my way."

Terror-Dactyl

Backstage, Terror-Dactyl is confronted by Rhonda Rhodes and her crew. "Terror-Dactyl, how do you respond to John Walker's challenge? Can you really accept after what he did to Mauga, one of the most dangerous wrestlers working for WWW today?"

Motor City Mary

The crowd gives Mary a deafening cheer as she swaggers offstage. She definitely got some new fans tonight, male and female both.

~Later~

Between later matches, the audience is given a live feed direct from backstage. Mary is coming out of a locker room, but is stopped by Linda Charmichael, COO of WWW. The two of you have had a tumultuous history; as much as she tries to project a 'tough, but fair' persona, it's well known to you (and the audience) that she has her favourites and works to arrange things in their interests. Certainly, she's the reason Screwjob Slatkin still has the World Wide Championship belt, and why you've yet to have even a shot at the Hardcore Belt. "Good evening, Ms. Mary. Surely you don't think you're going home after that display out there."

SuperCracker
2015-04-14, 09:41 PM
Connor Blake

Connor’s civvies are pretty plain, a pair of jeans, some trendy sneakers, his own t-shirt*, a black number with red lettering. He runs into the World Champion. The champ is bigger than Blake, taller and more muscular. Blake looks up at him, his facial expression hardening into defiance. He looks as if he’s about to brawl with the champion at any moment.

He stays right where he is, saying nothing. Standing his ground but having full knowledge that his livelihood may be at stake. It's a careful balance.

* Gotta pimp that merch.

Phase
2015-04-14, 10:35 PM
Terror-Dactyl

Terror-Dactyl chuckles softly. "Mauga is dangerous man, indeed." He says, smirk on his face. "But is only man in end, yes?" He looks up at the camera. "John Walker too is only man; tiny, lucky man, who is getting in over his head." Terror-Dactyl sniffs and grins. "One million years BC there is no America." He punches his fist, "And when I am getting through with John Walker, there will again be no more America." He bares his teeth and laughs maniacally.

AvianMalkavian
2015-04-14, 10:58 PM
Motor City Mary

Mary wipes her sweat slicked hair with a towel, almost not even noticing Linda until she speaks. She continues to dry herself off, giving the COO a mild smirk, "Actually, I do think that, Linda. Glad you're impressed, though. Here's a souvenir." Sidestepping Ms. Carmichael, Mary tosses the towel at her as she continues along her merry way.

Green Bean
2015-04-15, 09:33 PM
Connor Blake

Screwjob Slatkin meets Connor's gaze, and narrows his eyes. Then, suddenly he laughs and says, "Hell, it's your career." Then he casually brushes by you without further ado. The camera follows Slatkin along the halls, and as soon as the camera shows Connor out of sight, he pulls out a phone.

"Hey, Lindy? I've got another sacrificial lamb for you."

~Later~

After Walker and Mauga's blitzkrieg of a match, the camera cuts to the announcer's table, where an intern has just handed the two of them a clipboard. Parker looks shocked and upset, while Avery simply shrugs and flips on his mic. "Ladies and gentlemen, I have a message here from the COO of WWW, Linda Charmichael. 'Due to an unfortunate backstage injury, we are making an adjustment to the event card. For our next event, Connor Blake, Lance Blackwell, and John Blackwell will be facing off in a Triple Threat Match for-'"

"Good god, Avery, this is ridiculous! Lance and John are tag-team specialists, and brothers! This is a glorified handicap match!"

"You didn't let me finish reading the message. 'We understand that Mr. Blake may not wish to participate in such a last minute arrangement. As we are an employee-focused organization, we certainly do not wish to force him.'" As Avery speaks, a microphone is lowered on a cord from the ceiling, coming to rest a few feet above the centre ring. "'If he does not wish to face the Blackwell brothers tonight, all he has to do is come out here and say it to the fans gathered here at the Herodome within the next five minutes...'"

Motor City Mary

Linda catches the towel between thumb and index finger, and delicately throws it aside as if it were contaminated. "Not quite. Your contract with WWW is quite clear - you will be wrestling again tonight. As my friend Mr. Slatkin has put it...'excrement' finds its own level. If you truly wish to brutalize and break the rules, then you will do it on our terms. Tonight, you will be facing Butcher Price for the right to participate in the Hardcore Rumble next month." The crowd murmurs; despite her lack of title Butcher Price is a veteran of the hardcore circuit, infamous for putting her opponents through unbelievable pain. Even when she loses, the victor is often too injured to even take a shot at the belt.

"You want to break my rules, Ms. Mary? Fine. How do you think you'll do against someone who doesn't have any?"

Terror-Dactyl vs. John Walker

The entrance pyro goes off, and the crowd goes wild. Maybe they didn't know it when they walked in, but the two of you are who all these people came to see. What do your entrances look like? Do you go to the mic, or get down to it?

Phase
2015-04-15, 10:05 PM
Terror-Dactyl

Unlike last time, Terror-Dactyl doesn't enter with any grand acrobatics or impressive maneuvers. This is a matter of honor. He strides slowly out, arms wide as the crowd jeers and cheers. He hops up onto the ring, then climbs slowly onto one of the posts, starring out at the crowd. He looks down at Walker, sniffs, then back out at the crowd.

And he lets out an unearthly, guttural yell.

Fawkes
2015-04-15, 10:21 PM
JOHN WALKER

The lights dim in the arena as RED, WHITE, and BLUE spotlights STROBE OUT! A BURST of FIREWORKS erupts as TOBY KEITH, AMERICAN TREASURE (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFs8wTK2tfg) blasts through the speakers.

From the smoke emerges JOHN WALKER, sporting a new cowboy hat and waving an AMERICAN FLAG! HOOTING and HOLLERING, he runs a lap around the ring, wildly waving the OLD GLORY! He hands the flag off to one of his SMOKIN' HOT STATUE OF LIBERTY BABES and climbs into the ring, grabbing the mic.

"TERROR-DACTYL! All these people saw how you disrespected my TRUE BLUE AMERICAN friend CONNOR BLAKE earlier tonight! And no one, BUT NO ONE, can mess with an AMERICAN and get away with it on JOHN WALKER'S watch! I'm gonna teach you a lesson about what happens... when you MESS... with AMERICA!"

Cut a Promo!

Momentum: 8

SuperCracker
2015-04-15, 11:35 PM
After Avery finishes her announcement, the microphone hovers there above the ring for a few long moments. Twenty whole seconds, which seems like an eternity, pass as the camera focuses on the microphone, occasionally cutting back to the entryway. Suddenly, Connor Blake’s music (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1fflkAqsHw) hits. He comes out onto the stage, wearing his wrestling gear once more, including his open hoodie. No pyro this time as he simply makes his way to the ring.

There’s a tension in the air. What will he do?!

Blake stops and grabs a chair from ringside before stepping into the ring. He approaches the mic and the camera zooms in on his face. There’s obvious trepidation. His music cuts, and he stands there for a moment, letting the moment build. Wrestling is sometimes about just slowing down and taking your time.

He pulls his hood down and reaches for the mic, taking it into his hand. The crowd reacts, but he doesn’t speak just yet. He turns his head left and right, looking at the fans in the crowd. He finally speaks, “The COO wants to put me in a match against the Blackwell Brothers. It's going to be two on one vs. one of the most vicious tag teams in the business.” Take a moment, let the crowd boo the COO. “They’re going to team up on me, teach me a lesson because I don’t bow down in the locker room.” Another pause. “And they’re going to beat the hell out of me… unless I call it off.”

He’s quiet, the crowd is answering NO! NO! NO! They want to see someone stand up to Linda Charmichael and Screwjob Slatkin.

He speaks again, “Or I can keep my dignity, keep my pride, and show them that Connor Blake doesn’t run from anyone!” He builds in intensity, and the crowd starts cheering. “What do you think I should do?” He looks at the audience again.

“Yeah. Thought so.” He unfolds the steel chair and sets it down. he sits in it backwards, facing the entryway. “I’m not going anywhere. Bring it!”

Momentum is at 4 right now.

AvianMalkavian
2015-04-18, 05:31 PM
Motor City Mary

Mary pauses, long enough for the audience to wonder what she'll do, before she smiles. She had every reason to be scared. Butcher Price had quite the reputation. However, it wouldn't do for a lady like Mary to back down from a challenge, no matter who it was against. Her fans loved her for that very reason. The Detroit Diva gives a shrug as she begins heading toward the ring again, "How do I think I'll do? I think I'll do my best. Try not to look too disappointed when I take the belt, Princess."

Green Bean
2015-04-18, 07:20 PM
Connor Blake vs. Lance Blackwell vs. John Blackwell

Connor's two opponents enter under the same entrance pyro, not even trying to conceal that they're planning to team up.

"Ladies and gentlemen, this will be a Triple Threat match! Victory goes to the first competitor to achieve pinfall or submission against either of their opponents. All other standard match stipulations apply."

John and Lance enter the ring, ready for action.

Connor is in control.

Terror-Dactyl vs. John Walker

The crowd is, not to put too fine a point on it, losing their freaking minds. Let the match begin!

As the challenger, John Walker will start off in control.

Motor City Mary vs. Butcher Price

Mary enters the arena to find Price already in the ring, lounging on one metal chair with her feet up on another. Avery the announcer's voice is echoing through the building. "The rules for a WWW Hardcore match are as follows: achieve a pinfall or submission. There are no other rules..."

You have the chance to work the mic, or you can just get to it.

Mechanically, this match is the same as a regular match, except you have access to this move:

HARDCORE/VIOLENCE: When you draw blood, use a weapon or revel in violence in the ring roll +Real.

On a 10+ the crowd goes nuts, gain +1 Audience, retain control of the match and pick 1 from the 7-9 list.
On a 7-9 the crowd pops, your opponent gains control of the match, and you pick 1:

someone in the match gets injured
you gain +2 Momentum
you gain +1 Heat with your opponent

On a Botch you play it too safe or mess it up. Give 1 Momentum to your opponent, they take control of the match, and you pick 1:

you lose -1 Audience
you take an Injury

SuperCracker
2015-04-18, 11:16 PM
As the Blackwells enter the ring, Connor's chair is still there. He jumps up to his feet, and right as the bell rings, he runs at the ropes behind him and hits them hard, springing forward towards his chair and the Blackwells. Blake jumps up and springs off of his folding chair before the ref can remove it. He launches into the air and opens his legs, hitting a beautiful double missile drop kick on the Blackwells and sending both of them tumbling over the ropes and falling to the outside.

Blake looks at the crowd, shaking his fists and getting pumped up.

Great roll. I'll take +1 heat with the Blackwells and continue to wrestle.

SuperCracker
2015-04-18, 11:29 PM
Fresh off of the surprise attack, the brothers were reeling on the outside. Seizing the opportunity early, Blake once more ran the ropes, building up momentum as he came towards the side of the ring where the brothers were. As he reached the edge of the ring, Blake showed his own high flying skills. As the brothers were standing up and getting ready to get back into the ring, Blake came diving at them in a somersault dive, a tope con hilo (https://youtu.be/GvGB6FznQvk?t=30s), taking them both out one more time.

Blake kip ups to his feet, then slips back into the ring to hold the high ground.

I shall take another +1 heat, for a total of 3 now. I'll wait for the go-ahead before continuing.

AvianMalkavian
2015-04-19, 12:53 PM
Motor City Mary

Mary looks off to the side and a someone hands her a mic. Looking back to the ring, she begins descending the ramp toward it as she speaks, "Butcher Price, nice to meet to you. You kick all kinds of ass, and I can respect that. I'm sure you know why we're having this match and I'm sure you couldn't care less. But I care."

The Detroit Diva climbs into the ring, ducking beneath the ropes as she strides in, "All that aside, I'm looking forward to this. Let's go."

SuperCracker
2015-04-19, 02:50 PM
Blake takes the ring, standing near the ropes. He doesn't have a strong game-plan here, he's just trying to hold the ring and survive this thing. The Blackwell Brothers get up to their feet, look at each other, and then split up. They stay on the outside as the ref is counting, circling like vultures waiting to strike. They stop as they take positions on either side of the ring... then they both slide into the ring, divide and conquer.

Blake quickly tries to take the fight to them, bouncing from one to the other as he delivers kicks and punches, but he's quickly overcome as the elder Blackwell nails Blake with a stiff clothesline. Then the brothers start to put the boots to him, group stomping Blake until they lift him up and deliver a double-suplex to him.

Fawkes
2015-04-19, 08:45 PM
JOHN WALKER

Walker steps confidently toward the TERROR-DACTYL and PUTS UP HIS DUKES. He extends one hand toward the winged terror, and curls his fingers in the universal sign for COME AT ME, BRO. The Dactyl obliges, swinging a fist at Walker's head! But Walker ducks, slipping past Terror-Dactyl, and heads for the ropes. He bounces off and hurtles back toward the Dactyl, HOOTIN' and HOLLERIN'! He whips the cowboy hat off his head, waving it in the air, but as Terror-Dactyl turns back toward him, Walker lowers the arm and wraps it around Terror-Dactyl's neck for the LAREDO LARIAT! Walker tosses the Dactyl to the mat, flipping the cowboy hat back onto his head.

Momentum: 9

Phase
2015-04-19, 10:15 PM
Terror-Dactyl

Terror-Dactyl isn't down for long! Kipping up quickly, he takes advantage of Walker's notorious crowd-basking to regain his composure, before running to the edge of the ring. He yells a slur of syllables at Walker, slapping his chest and throwing up his hands with a wry smirk, before returning Walker's COME AT ME, BRO signal. As the TRUE BLOODED AMERICAN charges, Terror-Dactyl quickly spins out of the way, raising a leg with his momentum and smacking Walker in the back of the head as he tumbles over the edge of the ring, and down to the floor below!

But Terror-Dactyl isn't done yet! The high flyer leaps up onto the ropes, spreads his wings wide, and soars down at Walker's prone form for an earth-shattering FROGSPLASH.

Phase
2015-04-20, 03:23 PM
Terror-Dactyl

The Primordial Punisher doesn't let up, getting back up and landing again on Walker's back. He leans down, dragging Walker to his feet before pushing him back between the ropes of the ring. As he leaps up onto the ring again, he spins around, one hand grasping the top rope as he clambers up and shakes a fist at the crowd. "He is thinking me weak! He is thinking I will be going down easy!" He spits, sliding over and climbing onto a cornerpost. "WELL MAMA'S BOY WALKER IS HAVING ANOTHER THING COMING!" He yells, before spinning around and landing with a roll, only to roll right into Walker's legs.

The All-American Athlete takes the chance to push his own advantage, grabbing Terror-Dactyl under the arms, spinning him around, and throwing him back to the ground. BOOM. Walker's fans cheer out as the hometown hero grabs the prone Terror-Dactyl by the legs, heaves him up, and slams him into the ground again with an absolutely devastating piledriver! It looks like Walker's got Terror-Dactyl on the figurative ropes here, kipping up and slipping seamlessly into the Boston Crab! But it's not over until one of them bows to the other this match, and Terror-Dactyl's not about to cry uncle...

Not when he suddenly pushes up and twists his legs behind Walker's head, pulling him into a flawless Hurricana and slamming him down to the mat!

Momentum: 9

Working the Audience and Wrestling at +Work.

EDIT: Looks like I land the Audience real good. Taking +1 Momentum and giving it over to Fawkes for next sequence.

Fawkes
2015-04-20, 06:47 PM
JOHN WALKER

Walker looks really hurt! He struggles to stand up to his feet! But just when it looks like he's done... a lone voice* pipes up from the crowd.

"Wal-ker! Wal-ker! Wal-ker!"

The crowd around him starts to join in!

"Wal-ker! Wal-ker! WAL-KER!"

Walker starts to pick himself up and gets to a kneeling position.

"WAL-KER! WAL-KER! WAL-KER!"

Walker gets to his feet. The crowd is screaming his name!

"WAL-KER! WAL-KER! WAL-KER!"

Walker steps to the edge of the ring.

"MY FELLOW AMERICANS! Do you want JOHN WALKER to bow to this PALEOZOIC PALOOKA?"

"NO!" "Yes!"

"Then let's tell him, Springfield! What happens when you mess with AMERICA?"

"YOU GET THE HORNS!" "...what?"

"That's RIGHT!"

Walker spins and puts his hands at his temples, miming HORNS! He kicks at the ground like a bull about to charge, and rushes at Terror-Dactyl HAT-FIRST, slamming into the antediluvian anarchist with a SAN ANTONIO SPEAR!

*plant

Momentum: 10

Fawkes
2015-04-20, 09:11 PM
John Walker

The spear sends both wrestlers crashing to the mat! Walker climbs onto the Terror-Dactyl for the pin, but the Dactyl kicks out before the ref can start the count. Both wrestlers jump to their feet, ready to keep fighting. They circle each other for a moment, panting heavily. Walker steps forward, fists raised, and throws HAYMAKER at the winged lizard, but the Dactyl catches his punch, and returns with a vicious HEADBUTT! Walker staggers back as the terrible lizard stomps toward him. But as the Dactyl strikes, Walker sidesteps the attack and grabs him in a headlock! Walker lifts his opponent into the air, and CHUCKS him over the ropes HEADFIRST! But the high-flying dinosaur FLIPS in the air and lands on his feet!

Momentum: 12

Green Bean
2015-04-20, 10:00 PM
Connor Blake vs. Lance Blackwell vs. John Blackwell

Connor struggles to his feet, as John backs away. But any hope the audience has is dashed when Lance sweeps Connor off the ground right into a backbreaker! Rather than throw him to the ground, he holds Connor on his knee as Lance climbs the turnbuckle. The crowd screeches and boos as John performs a flying elbow drop directly into the reeling Connor's solar plexus. The two get to their feet and stand over the beaten and bruised Connor. John starts to crouch down for the pin, but Lance shoulders him aside! John shoves back, and suddenly they're fighting each other! Still flat on the mat, Connor stirs.

Butcher Price nonchalantly gets to her feet, and then kicks a folding chair in Mary's general direction. It's not aimed or anything, but you still have to sidestep a little. "This ain't personal. You might feel different once I cut you a few times, though. Usually how it works."

Mary starts with control.

SuperCracker
2015-04-20, 10:24 PM
While the Blackwell Brothers shove each other and argue over who's going to take the pin, Blake starts dragging himself slowly towards the corner. The crowd starts trying to feed him, to help him get back into his match. It begins with a chant that starts spreading throughout the audience.

"Let's go Con-nor!" *Clap Clap Clapclapclap* "Let's go Con-nor!" *Clap Clap Clapclapclap*

As he gets near the corner, the Brothers finally notice. Lance points him out and shouts, "Hey! Forget it! He's getting up!" John storms over to Connor Blake, intending to finish the job. But as he gets near, Blake suddenly has a burst of life. His legs scissor John's at the ankles, tripping in in a drop toe-hold. John falls and his face bangs into the middle turnbuckle, leaving him hanging there, dazed. Connor rolls away, clearly starting to rally. Lance comes over, stomping Connor once, twice, then leaning down to grab him by the hair.

Connor quickly seized Lance and rolls with him, curling him up into an attempted rollup pin! The crowd goes wild with hope.

1... 2.... KICK OUT! The fans let out a disappointed sound en mass, but Blake is rolling up to his feet just a second faster than Lance is.

+2 momentum from work the audience.
+1 heat from my wrestling move. I now have +4 heat, baybay!

Momentum 7 right now

Fawkes
2015-04-21, 11:15 PM
JOHN WALKER

Walker straightens his cowboy hat while he waits for Terror-Dactyl to climb back into the ring. When the Dactyl reaches the top rope, Walker grabs him by the shoulders and pulls him into the ring, tossing him to the mat. Walker kneels on top of the Dactyl, grabbing him into a painful ARM BAR!

Momentum: 11

Phase
2015-04-22, 10:47 AM
Terror-Dactyl

Terror-Dactyl tries pulling himself to his feet, but ends up almost looking as though he's kneeling...

But before that can happen, he swings back around, climbing up the back of the larger Walker and wrapping his legs around his neck! Ripping the Texan's hat off his head and throwing the garment aside, Terror-Dactyl starts beating against it! BAM, BAM, BAM BAM BAM! He leaps backwards, forcing Walker forwards and leaving him groaning on the floor, reaching for his hat!

Momentum: 10

Phase
2015-04-22, 10:59 AM
Terror-Dactyl

The Jurassic Jerk stalks over to the prone Walker, snorting and putting a foot on his back, he leans down and picks up Walker's hat. "You are thinking you will embarrass me in ring..." He dusts off the hat and sniffs it, walking slowly back towards a post. "But you are mess with wrong theropod."

He grabs the post and hauls himself up, gripping the hat with each hand. "And now you will extinct." He leaps off the post and comes crashing down on Walker's back with a yell while RIPPING THE HAT IN TWAIN.

Momentum: 7

Wrestling at +Look while spending 2 Momentum to do a Heel move by destroying Walker's hat, to gain +1 Heat

AvianMalkavian
2015-04-22, 06:47 PM
Motor City Mary

Mary sidestepped the chair, putting her hand on it as she watched Price, "I'll do my best to be professional about it. Just try to do the same when I start cutting you."

She held the microphone out and someone moved up to the ring and took it. Once they were clear, she picked up the chair she had been holding and rushed Butcher Price, swinging at her. Mary's opponent fell out of her seat to avoid it, her own chair getting knocked across the ring. As Mary raised the chair to bring it down on her, Price kicked her in the side of the knee and brought her to the floor too. Her weapon tumbled out of her grasp and the two warrior women were soon grappling with one another for control until Mary gave the Butcher a vicious headbutt.

Phase
2015-04-22, 09:57 PM
Terror-Dactyl

The reaction from John Walker is as expected, but briefly shorts out the mike with its volume.

"WHAT? NOOOOO!" The true-blue American screams! With a burst of renewed vigor, he reaches back behind himself and grabs Terror-Dactyl's leg, pulling him to the mat and dragging himself to his feet. "You BROKE my HAT, you DANG DINOSAUR!" He grabs Terror-Dactyl by the collar of his cape, yanking sharply and forcing the reptilian rudenik to a standing position.

"NOW HOW WILL FELLOW PATRIOTS BE ABLE TO TELL ME FROM ANY TOM, DIRK, AND AHMED PROWLIN' THE STREETS?" He pushes Terror-Dactyl forwards, charging after him and smashing him across the face with his elbows. "Now I'ma have to teach ya' the power of American justice!" He spins Terror-Dactyl around and delivers a super kick to the back of his head, pinning the permian predator in the corner!

With a bodyslam knocking out all his opponent's breath, it looks like John Walker's won this one as he turns around to the cheers of the audience. "Now will somebody git me," he says, cricking his neck, "A gosh-dang flag t-shi-HURK!"

From out of seemingly nowhere, here's Terror-Dactyl back for more! But with the ref assuming the match over, he's looking the other way... as Terror-Dactyl throws his cape over Walker's head! He pulls tight, the shiny green silk holding strong and pulling tight against the Texan's head and neck! The golden boy of the WWW struggles as Terror-Dactyl leans back, putting his weight into the sturdy cape and pressing one booted foot into the small of Walker's back.

"No shirt, sherlock." Terror-Dactyl snaps, as the blind Walker flails about at random. With a massive shove, Terror-Dactyl pushes Walker forwards onto the mat, where he coughs to catch his breath on all fours. As Walker gasps for air, lowering himself to the ground, Terror-Dactyl strides in front of him, smirking and putting his hands on his hips.

"You lose, mammal." He says as Walker's head hits the mat and his eyes close. Terror-Dactyl re-fastens his cape, turns to the crowd, and thrusts both arms into the air.

Match: Terror-Dactyl

Green Bean
2015-04-25, 02:38 PM

Price staggered back, blood dripping from her nose but smiling all the while. The crowd cheers Mary, but it proves to be a fatal distraction as Price picks up a discarded chair and attacks her with it! Mary tries to block, but it proves to be a feint as Price discards her weapon and pulls Mary into a headlock. Price drags Mary to the ropes, and throws her over them, right into the Spanish announce table! The Spanish announcers dive for cover as the wood surface splinters beneath Mary!

AvianMalkavian
2015-04-26, 07:38 PM
Motor City Mary

There's a collective gasp as Mary goes flying and crashes into the announcer table. It's definitely a painful landing and she lays there for a moment in the shattered remnants of the destroyed furniture. Price hops down from the ring and approaches, waiting until Mary begins to pick herself up before kicking her back down again. This happens several times, the vicious heel beating Mary down, not giving her a chance to recover. Of course, even Butcher Price tires out eventually. As soon as Price pauses to catch her breath, the Detroit Diva, bloody but not broken, bull rushes her opponent and slams her into the side of the ring.

Now it is Mary's turn to lay into her opponent, hitting her over and over in a desperate attempt to keep her from recovering. Of course, in her wounded condition she doesn't have much in the tank either.

AvianMalkavian
2015-04-28, 05:31 PM
Motor City Mary

Mary throws another punch but this time Price catches it. She spins Mary around and gets the woman's arm behind her back before putting her own arm around Mary's neck, putting her in a chokehold. Slowly the pair of them slide to the floor as Butcher Price tries to either choke her opponent unconscious or make her submit, no doubt she would be happy with either outcome. Mary struggles, her one free arm holding onto Price's, trying desperately to pry it off. Her feet kick uselessly and the crowd watches, wondering if the Detroit Diva's night is going to end with a crushing defeat by a vicious opponent.

In any other match, Mary might have been out of options, but this was match had no rules and Mary wasn't to proud to get dirty when she needed to. So she bit Price. The other woman didn't expect that and, while she didn't let go, her grip loosened enough for Mary to get free. Or mostly free, as the Butcher still held onto her arm. Motor City Mary twisted out of her equally twisted opponent's hold, and her arm went limp. No doubt dislocated from the painful extrication. So, with her one good hand, Mary pulled herself back up into the ring, putting some distance between Price and herself so that she could catch her breath.

Fawkes
2015-04-28, 09:59 PM
"You lose, mammal." He says as Walker's head hits the mat and his eyes close. Terror-Dactyl re-fastens his cape, turns to the crowd, and thrusts both arms into the air.

JOHN WALKER is definitely really unconscious, probably!

SuperCracker
2015-04-28, 11:25 PM
While John's still recovering from having his bell rang, Blake delivers a few shin-kicks right into Lance's side, staggering the bigger wrestler before Lance hauls off and punches Blake in the face once, then twice. Lance then grabs Connor in a headlock and lifts him up for a vertical suplex. Though at the height of the suplex, Connor slips free of Lance's grasp, flipping himself over behind Lance. On Connor's fall down, he grabs hold of Lance's shoulders and brings his knees up. Lance's back is brought down onto Connor's lifted knees in a brutal backstabber (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8JGm-bgfDg)! Lance flails around in spasming pain before he rolls out of the ring and onto the arena floor, leaving Blake alone with John, who was just now getting back into the game.

Nailed it. +2 momentum. Momentum 9.

SuperCracker
2015-05-04, 08:46 PM
John shook his head and came out of the corner, delivering a right hand to Connor Blake, then another right hand, then a kick to the gut, making the face bend over in pain. John grabbed Blake by the shoulders and pulled Blake’s head between John’s legs. John had a furious look on his face as he raised his arms and shouted. He was about to go for the Blackwell Bomb.

John reached his arms down around Blake’s upper body, then he lifted him up into position for a powerbomb. But when John had Connor up and ready to deliver his finishing move, Connor grabbed John by the head and pulled him down, reversing the powerbomb into a sit-out facebuster! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJp-obE9E5A)

Blake backrolled up onto his feet, leaning against the ropes. He’s taken a beating in this match, hanging in there through guts and counters alone. On the other side of the ring, Lance is starting to get up and move towards the apron. Blake leaned back heavily, using the ropes to launch himself forward. He hit a baseball slide to Lance’s face, preventing the other Blackwell from getting back into the ring.

The positioning left Blake on the apron, outside the ropes. He climbed to his feet and grabbed the top rope. John was standing, staggered from that facebuster. Blake saw the opening, and he took it. He jumped onto the top rope twisting around even as he launched himself towards John. He reached him off the jump, catching John’s head in a headlock before spinning around and planting John’s head on the canvas. More than a Tornado DDT. A 720 DDT! Connor made the cover, nearly lifeless. (https://youtu.be/VoVK68tNr40?t=7s)

1…. 2…. 3!

The crowd erupted. Connor Blake's music hit as he pushed himself up to his feet. He had a tired, but proud look on his face as the ref raised his hand in victory. The camera zoomed in on his proud face, which made seeing what was coming a little difficult...

For kip's run-in, I choose that it has no effect on Creative's booking. His run in takes place right after the cover.

Hit the finisher good (whether by spending a momentum or being put over by the announcer.

+1 audience.

Had +4 heat with the Blackwells. +1 audience.

I hit 4 audience. Hooray!

kpenguin
2015-05-04, 09:27 PM
Mauga

As the camera focuses in on Connor's face, Mauga slips in under the ropes offscreen with a chair.

*WHAM!*

Mauga swings the chair viciously into the back of Connor's neck, sending him reeling.

*WHAM!*

Mauga swings the chair into Connor's side as he takes two steps forward, bringing him down to the ground.

*WHAM!*

Mauga swings the chair down into Connor's back as he lays sprawled on the ground.

*WHAM!*

And then again. And then again.

*WHAM!*

He spits on Connor before turning around and picking up a microphone. He raises up the chair and lifting the chair above his head, roaring into the microphone at the audience as he turns to face each of the four corners of the ring.

Working the Audience

kpenguin
2015-05-04, 10:23 PM
Mauga

Mauga then unfolds his chair and stands it in the center of the ring, sitting in the chair in a pose that is entirely too smug as the crowd yells at Connor to get up.

Mauga waits as Connor begins to struggle to his feet, waving his hand as if to say "Come on. get up. Getup". As Connor gets on a foot, Mauga gets up off of his chair, walks over and grabs him with both arms, pulling him up into the air into a gorilla press! He spins before bringing Connor onto his shoulders and falling backwards into a powerful Samoan drop... right into the chair!

The Pacific Titan leaves Connor sprawled in a heap of wrestler and chair before looking up at the crowd, giving a thumbs up.

The spotlight pans over the crowd and then settles in the stands where WORLD WIDE CHAMPION SCREWJOB SLATKIN is sitting in the stands. The titantron shows a close up of the hated champion, boos filling the arena.

Spending two momentum to Heel move and bring up Heat with Connor to 3

Green Bean
2015-05-05, 08:03 PM
Backstage

Everyone's matches have gone over really well, but the MVP of the night in the eyes of management is clearly Terror-Dactyl, though John Walker is a close second. Some of you still have backstage bits to film, which will be used in the promo materials for the next big event, but otherwise it's time to lick your wounds and decompress from being in the centre of thousands of cheering or booing fans. It's always real quiet in the locker room after a big match.

Phase
2015-05-06, 08:24 PM
Terror-Dactyl

TERROR-DACTYL... aka Dimitry Krylowski walks in from the showers drying his bald head with a lime green towel. He hums quietly, his mask hanging from one finger.

He sits down at a bench and pulls a pair of jeans on over his boxers, wincing a bit as the denim rubs against a nascent bruise. He was sloppy on that first finisher. The crowd didn't notice, and it'd heal quick, but still... He buttons the jeans and begins to pull on shoes.

"Hmm hmm hmm, oтпусти и забудь!" He sings quietly as he's joined in the locker room.

SuperCracker
2015-05-06, 08:32 PM
Connor Blake was sitting in a corner of the backstage area, being looked at by one of the trainers to determine if he'd suffered any injuries. Blake had taken a beating when Mauga laid into him with the chair. Of course, the two had agreed to it. Blake had encouraged the big man to "let [him] have it." He was committed to the craft.

After being cleared that he was okay, Blake started to ice his shoulder and put in a call to his wife, the nightly phone call. The travel schedule was rough. Today had been the end of his nephew's little league season. So he asked about it, asked her if they had any video or pictures.

When he was done, he walked into the locker room to get a change of clothes.

"What's up, brother?" He said as he passed Dactyl. Their locker cubbies always tended to be next to one another.

Phase
2015-05-06, 08:41 PM
Terror-Dactyl

Dimitry's face lights up as Connor enters.

"Hey hey!" He says, jumping up and grinning. "I managed to catch the highlights on the triple-threat back there, dude! That Facebuster you pulled? In-****ing-credible. Even better than that one time in Kyoto when you couldn't walk for a week." His accent isn't invisible, but Dimitry took English lessons since he was six. He goes to clap Connor on the back, but pulls up short when he notices the ice.

He instead grabs a Gatorade from his locker and tosses it Connor's way as he rifles around for a clean shirt. "He didn't hit you too hard with the chair, did he? Chairs still make me kinda nervous."

Green Bean
2015-05-06, 09:10 PM
http://i.imgur.com/tlOMhUH.png
http://i.imgur.com/2JRTs7o.png
http://i.imgur.com/TepvmvM.png
http://i.imgur.com/lF3szxn.png

AvianMalkavian
2015-05-07, 06:19 PM
Motor City Mary

When it was all said and done, Mary was the last one standing. But Butcher Price made her work for it. Almost as soon as she had recovered, Price was on her again. Even with only one good arm to use, Mary gave as good as she got. The two women traded blow after blow, the Butcher trying to throw the Detroit Diva to the floor, but losing her hold every time. Price grew frustrated, and it was this frustration that was her downfall. Both of them exhausted, Butcher Price swung around and tried to get her arms around Mary, trying to put her in another chokehold. Mary ducked beneath the grasping limbs, wrapping her one good hand around the back of Price's neck before dropping and taking her opponent with her. The devastating stunner leaves Price, well... stunned and gives Mary the opportunity to pin her.

At the end, Mary staggers out of the ring looking rather worse for wear as she heads back up the ramp.

SuperCracker
2015-05-07, 09:12 PM
"It's okay, man," Blake said. he had his own accent, a barely-there Southern accent on just a few words in his vocabulary, "I wanted him to get after me good. You don't get over without taking some bumps, and I want this program with Mauga and the authority figures to be something special." He grinned at his buddy and gave him a playful nudge with the side of his fist. "We can't all be like you. Looks like you're getting the big push. Going over Walker and everything."

Phase
2015-05-15, 10:22 PM
Terror-Dactyl

Dimitry grins, but shakes his head. "Nah." He says, with a bit of hope still coloring his voice. "They just want someone to really get people rearing for Walker. I swear, it's like that guy's got 'Creative's Pick' tattooed on his forehead, way they're building him up."