PDA

View Full Version : bestow power trick?

m149307
2015-04-10, 04:22 PM
Ok so I heard there was a way to use bestow power in a way that I actually gain PP. Can someone tell me how to do this, and what level I would need to be?

Troacctid
2015-04-10, 04:37 PM
Yeah, what you need is the Midnight Metamagic feat, which reduces the power point cost to augment a power by 1 per point of essentia you invest.

Now, the wording is ambiguous, so you'd have to ask your DM whether it reduces the total augmentation cost or the cost of each individual augmentation, but the trick works under either interpretation, it just takes longer to come online the first way.

Psyren
2015-04-10, 04:40 PM
There's a lot of ways - just reduce the cost or increase the output. In addition to Midnight Augmentation, off the top of my head there's also:

- Torc of Power Preservation
- Earth Power
- Wild Surge
- Affinity Field
- Azure Talent + Psycarnum Infusion
- Font of Power

Basically anything that makes it so you get more PP out of it than you put in.

m149307
2015-04-10, 05:08 PM
@Troacctid that doesn't work I don't think since I'm currently level 2

@Psyren which of those can I do close to level 2? Like which is the earliest/easiest one that I can do? Also I'm a psion so no wild surge unfortunately

Psyren
2015-04-10, 05:11 PM
How are you getting Bestow Power at level 2?

And really these tricks are only for TO - you shouldn't be trying to get infinite PP in an actual game, unless your DM is cool with that, in which case they can get you access to any of these methods easily.

m149307
2015-04-10, 05:22 PM
I can do it next level so I was wondering when after I get the power can I do this. And my DM is cool with it since it is a psionic only campaign and I am basically going to be the PP battery for the group since we all like alot of combat

Psyren
2015-04-10, 05:31 PM
Azure Talent + Psycarnum Infusion + Improved Essentia Capacity can be done by 3rd level if you have a bonus feat (e.g. human) or some flaws, and 13 Con.

Azure Talent gives you 2 bonus PP per 1 invested essentia.
IEC gives you one incarnum feat +1 essentia capacity
Psycarnum Infusion lets you treat a feat as fully invested for one round.

- Start day with no essentia in AT.
- Expend focus to PI your AT. Now you have 4 bonus PP.
- Manifest Bestow Power using 3 of those PP, targeting yourself. The remaining 1 drains away. Your normal PP recovers 2 at zero cost.
- Repeat until full, then repeat for party.

AmberVael
2015-04-10, 05:43 PM
I think you could also use the Linked Power + Metapower feats to pull this off at level 3, though you'd need to take metapower twice to do it. On the plus side, this method would allow you to refill the power points of your friends pretty fast.

Basically:
Manifest Bestow Power linked to Bestow Power. This normally costs 6 power points, and will get you 2 power points immediately, and 2 power points on the next round.
Having metapower twice reduces the metapsionic cost by 4 (to a minimum of 0), which would mean using the above combo would cost 3 power points and would let you gain 4.