PDA

View Full Version : The invasion (hamlet) [PLOT]

InaVegt
2007-04-14, 01:04 PM
The (admittedly small) army of the nearby drow village has stepped up to the area officially owned by the hamlet.

The enemy's army consists of:

180 1st level warriors
18 1st level fighters
2 3rd level fighters
1 5th level cleric of lolth

((Any problems with this, for so far anyone can see?))

Castaras
2007-04-14, 01:28 PM
(( Who's controlling the drow cleric? I wanna be the drow cleric peoples! :smalltongue: :smallwink: ))

Deadly
2007-04-14, 01:42 PM
((Hmm... nope. Only that I'd just have used the Hamlet thread, but I guess this works too.))

Kyral
2007-04-14, 01:50 PM
((Huh...this looks fun. I'll see if I can join in in a little while.))

InaVegt
2007-04-14, 01:59 PM
(( Who's controlling the drow cleric? I wanna be the drow cleric peoples! :smalltongue: :smallwink: ))

((You can even control all the drow, it's all or nothing though. Do keep in mind the drow are supposed to lose after inflicting quite a bit of damage.))

Castaras
2007-04-14, 02:05 PM
(( Then I'm the evil drow leader of them all. Yay! :smallbiggrin: ))

InaVegt
2007-04-14, 02:18 PM
The sheriff, while doing his round notices the army and heads into town.

Drow army within our territy, all capable men ready your defenses!

Castaras
2007-04-14, 02:23 PM
The drow cleric moves to the front of the battle lines. She turns to address the troops.

We have come from the underdark to this place. The power of Lolth shields ourselves from the sun, and thus we can stay here in daylight.

She punches her fist into the air.

WE WILL DESTROY THIS PATHETIC HAMLET!

The drow troops roar with agreement. The drow cleric moves up and down the lines.

No longer will we have no food to feed ourselves with. No longer will we run out of air in our underground caverns. No longer will we have to suffer to live. We are strong! We are mighty! And we will bring this hamlet down to the ground!

The drow troops shuffle slightly, the cheering getting louder.

The rewards we gain will be split among us all. Slaves and money for each drow!

She moves to the head of the army. Her voice softens.

We will strike at dusk, when even the moon hides its face.

The army shivers and prepares for the first wave.

InaVegt
2007-04-14, 02:29 PM
Grik goes to the streets, rallying people to raise a defense.

I do not know what those drow are up to, but it won't be good for us. Raise now and save our hamlet from this evil. Strength to our arms, death to the drow!

Deadly
2007-04-14, 02:31 PM
Nyalee watches from her house, where she's sitting. She doesn't get up or anything, just sits there and watches the army gather.

Stick comes out from the tavern, a bottle in hand, and looks up as she spots the army Oh yes! Drow to kill! she grins and empties the bottle in one swig

Castaras
2007-04-14, 02:32 PM
Eria and Dajan come out of the streets, Dajan ready with his magic, Eria with her staff. They go to the gates, watching, waiting.

InaVegt
2007-04-14, 02:33 PM
Grik quickly has rallied 20 men, armed with pitch forks and clubs.

Castaras
2007-04-14, 02:37 PM
The drow sit tight, waiting for dusk to come. The drow cleric walks among the others, quietly solving the duels that arise, holding the army together through the faith in Lolth.

Eria twirls her staff, watching. Dajan prepares his magic.

Deadly
2007-04-14, 02:41 PM
Stick sneaks off into the shadows as Schnick comes out and blinks ... why today? he mutters and walks up front

Nyalee remains where she is

Kyral
2007-04-14, 02:58 PM
WE WILL DESTROY THIS PATHETIC HAMLET!

Atriuls marches angrily from the inn, the rooster following him. "Like hell you will! Come on, rooster, let's break us some skulls!" The rooster crows agreement.
Haruka stumbles from the Tavern, not only drunk, but very annoyed. "This'll be more fun than...*hic*...a barrel of...*hic*...monkeys!"

InaVegt
2007-04-14, 02:58 PM
Grik comes close towards Schnick on his "We need to win this fight" recruiting frenzy.

We need to protect this place, it's not much, but it is home!

Castaras
2007-04-14, 03:02 PM
The drow cleric stands on one of the hills, her two body guards by her side. She smirks, watching the petty people build up their defences.

It will be soon. Soon, we will have a whole load of slaves and labour. Or, we will have more meat to feast on. And bones to sell to the boneforgers.

The drow army behind her sit tight, watching the sun climb across the sky.

Deadly
2007-04-14, 03:03 PM
Schnick smiles We can take them. I've seen bigger, tougher and uglier armies, this one is nothing compared.

Kyral
2007-04-14, 03:07 PM
Unfortunately, 'petty' is not one of Atriuls' traits. Having absolutely no intention of building up defenses, he continues marching towards the drow army. Some would call it 'suicidal'. Atriuls prefers the term, 'a little impatient'.
Haruka stumbles around a little more, then falls on the ground, groaning.

Castaras
2007-04-14, 03:09 PM
The drow cleric turns to one of her bodyguards.

{undercommon}Go get the first legion, will you?

She turns to watch Atriul.

Come to surrender?

InaVegt
2007-04-14, 03:09 PM
You might have, but I'm just a 1st level expert. I'm not trained for fighting. And the little army I've gathered consists mostly of commoners of low levels.

Grit smiles at Schnick

My only magical talent is that I'm a night haunt kobold, you see.

Kyral
2007-04-14, 03:11 PM
Atriuls yells defiantly, "Actually, I've come to knock you on your-"
The rooster crows just then, conveniently censoring the explicit remark.

Deadly
2007-04-14, 03:14 PM
Schnick smiles Don't worry, we'll beat them together.

Castaras
2007-04-14, 03:17 PM
The drow cleric smirks.

I'm sure.

A group of around 8 drow warriors walk over, swords drawn.

Have fun with my friends then, mister.

The drow cleric smirks and moves back, as the drow warriors advance on Atriul.

InaVegt
2007-04-14, 03:17 PM
I certainly hope so.

((Would it be a large stretch of the imagination to say the Hamlet is ruled by a small noble family? The drow could kill them, loosening the way to democracy))

Kyral
2007-04-14, 03:20 PM
Atriuls, angered to no end by the fact that the drows' player spelled his name wrong, picks up the rooster. "ROOSTERDOKEN!" He flings it at the nearest warrior, the rooster itself slashing out with its talons.

Deadly
2007-04-14, 03:21 PM
((I've always seen the Hamlet as without any ruler. Anyone who cared could just walk up and claim rulership. There really wasn't anything at all before the PCs showed up))

Castaras
2007-04-14, 03:25 PM
The drow's player appears in front of Atriuls.

"I did it again didn't I? Sorry mate. Have a cookie from beyond the fourth wall."

The player then disappears, leaving a single cookie.

Half of the drow warriors start slashing at the rooster. The other half move towards Atriuls. The drow cleric summons a small fire elemental to guard her, watching the battle.

InaVegt
2007-04-14, 03:26 PM
((Is also good, this'll make Grit realize there's a need for government then))

Grit motions his small army to stand ready for battle.

If we just had a government this might have been foreseen.

Deadly
2007-04-14, 03:29 PM
Schnick shrugs and pulls out a whip and a rapier Or the government would take so long to decide what to do that the drow had killed everyone before they came to a conclusion.

Kyral
2007-04-14, 03:32 PM
Atriuls drops to his knees, grabs the cookie, and shouts to the sky, "You are forgiven!" He then charges the drow, pulling a knife from his pocket and holding it above his head. He begins stabbing at the drow warrior closest to him.
The rooster is clipped of several feathers, and one wing starts bleeding slightly. Infuriated, he leaps into the air and tries to slash one of the drow warrior's eyes.
Haruka, back in the Hamlet, stands and wobbles about a bit, walking up to Shnick and Grit. "Wot in th' world is happenin'?"
((I agree with deadly, I didn't think of it as a pre-existing place either. I thought it had just been founded, so it was more or less anarchy.))

Castaras
2007-04-14, 03:35 PM
One of the drow warriors falls. The others carry on with their attacks, all of them sustaining heavy wounds.

InaVegt
2007-04-14, 03:37 PM
It looks like the drow are planning on attacking us.

Kyral
2007-04-14, 03:46 PM
Atriuls takes a spear wound to the elbow, and aims a strike with the knife at one of the drow's throats. The rooster's other wing is impaled, to the point where he can no longer fly. Gasping, it begins crowing loudly and running in circles.
Haruka nods, glancing up at the army again. "I...*hic*...see."

Castaras
2007-04-14, 03:47 PM
Another drow warrior falls to the knife. A third warrior falls from blood loss. The others carry on with their attacks.

Kyral
2007-04-14, 03:52 PM
Atriuls is beaten to the ground by a mace, and begins lashing out with his feet, bleeding from several cuts on his arms and a large wound on his side. "DiediediedieDIE, drow!"
He shouts up at the heavens, "Well? Where's the Justice in this?"
There is silence from the heavens.
Atriuls yells back, "Don't be so smug!"
The rooster, meanwhile, continues pecking at the warriors, a long scratch running down its back aside from its other wounds.

InaVegt
2007-04-14, 03:55 PM
Grit's ‘warriors’ advance towards the drow, ready to fight. Grit stays in the hamlet.

Castaras
2007-04-14, 03:55 PM
The drow cleric chuckles.

{undercommon}He could be useful if we resort to bargaining. Take him alive. And kill the bird.

The warriors proceed to try and knock Atriuls out, while one other warrior attacks the rooster.

Seeing the army march, The drow cleric turns to the army behind her.

{undercommon}March forward. The attack begins!

Eria and Dajan stay back, guarding the hamlet.

(( And I may disappear soon, just to warn you all. ))

Deadly
2007-04-14, 03:56 PM
Schnick sees Atriuls fall and frowns before following Grit's warriors towards the drow.

Kyral
2007-04-14, 03:59 PM
The rooster crows loudly, and Atriuls grabs him from the ground and flings him at one of the drow. "ROOSTERDO-"
These are Atriuls' last words before he is clubbed unconscious.
The attack on the rooster clips a talon from its foot, but it continues its assault on the drow.

InaVegt
2007-04-14, 04:00 PM
The warriors seem to be afraid and courageous at the same time. Kurtulmak seems to bless them, from afar.

Castaras
2007-04-14, 04:01 PM
Two of the drow try and pick up Atriuls and take him to the drow cleric. The other drow warriors that were attacking the rooster carry on attacking. Another warrior falls due to bloodloss.

The rest of the army marches forwards, readying their attacks.

Kyral
2007-04-14, 04:03 PM
The rooster follows the drow who carry Atriuls, crowing loudly but not really able to do much.
Haruka, meanwhile, follows the rest of the warriors, clearly still intoxicated.

Castaras
2007-04-14, 04:05 PM
Eria and Dajan look at each other, before turning to watch the fighting.

The drow carrying Atriuls reach the drow cleric.

{undercommon}Tie him up.

One of them proceeds to do that, while the other attacks the rooster.

The other warriors join the main mass of soldiers.

InaVegt
2007-04-14, 04:07 PM
Apparently, quite a powerful mage was with the commoners, he casts and enlarged fireball at the drow, trying to cover as many of them as possible (CL 8, for the purpose of SR)

Deadly
2007-04-14, 04:11 PM
Schnick uses his bard "song" to inspire courage in the "warriors". Since Schnick can't sing and would cause disaster if you gave him an instrument, it's a mystery what exactly it is he's doing, but it works anyway

Castaras
2007-04-14, 04:14 PM
(( Could someone take over the drow please? Because I'm now gone for tonight. ))

Around 10 drow warriors fall to the fireball. The rest carry on marching, except for a few more wounded warriors, who drop their weapons and flee into the woods.

The drow cleric watches the fighting, while the drow warriors beside her fall into defensive positions.

InaVegt
2007-04-14, 04:17 PM
((Let's just continue this tomorrow, my knowledge of drow tactics is nonexistent))

Kyral
2007-04-14, 04:20 PM
((Agreed, I'm busy as it is. Will probably have to stop posting soon.))

Deadly
2007-04-14, 04:24 PM
((Me busy too... making Modern character... :smallbiggrin:))

Kyral
2007-04-14, 04:26 PM
((Modern Town sounds kind of interesting, actually. I might do that, myself.))

Vhaidara
2007-04-15, 05:35 PM
As the Drow begin to tie up Atriuls, two arrows fly through the air at the Drow. A man is suddenly kneeling next to Atriuls and gives Atriuls a potion while cutting the ropes binding him with a black sword.

"My name is Shadowbow. I'm here to help."

He then fires an arrow at each of the drow attacking the rooster.

Edit: Sorry, This is my second Town post, first being the character one. Is this OK?

Kyral
2007-04-15, 07:42 PM
As the Drow begin to tie up Atriuls, two arrow fly through the air and bury themselves in two of the drow's skulls. A man is suddenly kneeling there and gives Atriuls a potion while cutting the ropes binding him with a black sword.

"My name is Shadowbow. I'm here to help."

He then fires an arrow at each of the drow attacking the rooster, killing them instantly.
((While compliments on your first post here in our cozy little Hamlet, that's godmodding.
Here is what godmodding is; scroll down until you find the article on it. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28740) You should have asked Castaras' permission or notified her that you were attempting to kill the drow before you stated that you killed them.
And welcome to the Town and the Hamlet. :smallsmile:))

Castaras
2007-04-16, 09:47 AM
(( Don't worry about it Bookboy. Just make sure that your level for the hamlet is 12 or below, seeing as the Town and Hamlet are two different things. While in town you may have a high level character, Hamlet is a low level campaign thing. ))

The drow cleric hisses and takes a scroll from her belt, casting hold person on Shadowbow. The two drow warriors dodge the arrows and draw their swords, slashing at Shadowbow.

The rest of the army pause in front of the hamlet's army. The drow commanders watch the hamletians with malice, waiting.

Deadly
2007-04-16, 12:24 PM
Seeing that the fight is going to take place out in the open, Stick curses and runs up to Schnick. She quickly steals an Invisibility spell from him and casts it on herself, while Schnick casts Haste ((Affecting both of them)).

Stick then runs up to try and sneak attack the drow cleric

Kyral
2007-04-16, 12:29 PM
Haruka continues to stumble drunkenly towards the drow army, giggling. He pulls a small length of rope from his robe, as well two small sharp wooden sticks.

Castaras
2007-04-16, 01:00 PM
The drow cleric gets sneak attacked. She hisses and spins around, looking round wildly.

One drow guard goes to attack Shadowbow, the other goes to join the drow cleric, sword drawn.

Deadly
2007-04-16, 01:07 PM
Since it was only a normal Invisibility, and not a Greater one, Stick should be visible to the cleric now... Stick doesn't seem to like that fact and stabs at the cleric again.

Schnick runs up to try and bring down some of the drow warriors

Castaras
2007-04-16, 01:16 PM
The drow cleric hisses and brings out her whip and dagger. She attacks Stick, Stick's attack glancing off her chain.

The drow warrior charges at Schnick with his longsword.

Deadly
2007-04-16, 01:39 PM
Stick dodges the dagger but fails spectacularly to avoid the whip, which leaves a long searing wound across her face and neck. She winces and sneers at the drow before trying to plant a blade in her neck

Schnick stabs at the warrior with his rapier and dodges to the side to get a bit away from the sword

InaVegt
2007-04-16, 01:53 PM
The little mod army is almost next to the drow army, a normal fireball is send at the drow army, aimed to kill as many as possible.

Castaras
2007-04-16, 01:56 PM
The drow cleric ducks, getting a graze. She swings her whip at Stick again, and jabs.

The drow warrior attacking Schnick ducks and swings his sword again.

The drow army charges forward, some falling to the fireball.

Kyral
2007-04-16, 02:03 PM
Haruka stumbles forward, giggling. A drow soldier jabs a spear at him in wrath, and he stumbles drunkenly out of the way, managing to snag the tip of the spear with his coil of rope. Disarming the drow quickly, he trips forward, attempting to plunge one of the sticks into the warrior's heart.

Deadly
2007-04-16, 02:06 PM
Stick jumps back and throws a pair of daggers at the cleric.

Schnick rolls away and stabs again at the warrior

InaVegt
2007-04-16, 02:10 PM
The mob army starts to stab and club the drow, with the intention to kill. A fireball is sent into the army as well.

Castaras
2007-04-16, 02:13 PM
The warrior Schnick was attacking gets hit. Badly. He jumps back, and runs.

The drow cleric hisses as two daggers hit her. She slumps to the ground, unconcious.

The drow Haruka attacks gets killed. Poor drow soldier.

The drow army get clubbed and stuff, and attack back. The fireball disposes of a few of the drow.

InaVegt
2007-04-16, 02:19 PM
Half of the mob army gets hit, half of that falls unconscious. The mob keeps attacking.

Castaras
2007-04-16, 02:21 PM
The drow mob carry on attacking. Half the army gets wounded. A quarter fall. An eighth flee.

Deadly
2007-04-16, 02:22 PM
Stick grins and walks up to the cleric, kneeling down with the intention of finishing her off. Schnick looks around and spots Stick, giving her a harsh stare which makes her hesitate a bit, frowning

InaVegt
2007-04-16, 02:24 PM
Half of the mob is unconscious now, of the remaining half, half of them is mortally wounded.

Castaras
2007-04-16, 02:26 PM
The drow army doesn't look good either. And more are running, seeing their leader down. Who is unable to do anything to stop the deaths. The drow warrior not attacking anyone runs.

Vhaidara
2007-04-16, 02:28 PM
First, I have a few questions
1. Casatras, what about the arrows for the Drow attacking the rooster?
2.Kyral, I still used that potion. Did it not work or did you not realize that I was using it wether or not the Drow died?
Now the action part:

The attacks bounce harmlessly off of Shadowbow's black leather. He pulls a spear from it carrying place on his back. Suddenly, the bow he was holding disappears and he is now holding a longsword in one hand and a shortspear in the other (Funfact= he's naturally ambidextrous). He slashes at one drow while thrusting at another, then, withoutlooking to see the extent, if any, of the damage, he strikes the third foe with both weapons. He then screams,
You shall fall, creatures of darkness..

P.S. The armor is actaully a special dragonhide, and this is the begining of his adventures. He's about a level 8 fighter, level 4 ranger with really good stuff. At the moment, the sword and spear are +1, but the bow is the same as the character page. This is because in character page format, He's almost level 40.

Edit: Casatras, you didn't mention if it was the two that were attacking the rooster that missed, or the one tying up Atruils (I just know that I spelled that wrong).

Deadly
2007-04-16, 02:29 PM
Stick frowns and pulls out a rope that she quickly and skillfully ties the cleric up with. Stupid morals...

Schnick uses his "song" to Inspire Greatness in the remaining mob

InaVegt
2007-04-16, 02:32 PM
The remaining mob members seem happy at the sight of the fleeing drow and strike with more precision and a higher morale.

Castaras
2007-04-16, 02:33 PM
(( @Bookboy - they missed. And the drow that were attacking are running like hell ))

The rest of the drow army runs. And the drow Shadowbow was attacking fall. An all round victory for the hamlet. For the moment.

InaVegt
2007-04-16, 02:47 PM
Grit seems very happy at the result, he seems to have made some posters.

Council elections!

To celebrate us having won our first ‘war’ we will have some elections for a temporary government. There are three seats available in the temporary council. The purpose of the temporary council is to create a constitution.

Voting dates will be decided on in agreement with some of the villagers.

Grit for the temporary council!

Deadly
2007-04-16, 02:47 PM
Stick stands up and kicks the cleric a bit while watching the fleeing drow Cowards... she mutters

Schnick uses what magic he has to help healing as many as he can, starting with those in most need.

InaVegt
2007-04-16, 03:05 PM
Grit hangs the posters around the hamlet.

Vhaidara
2007-04-16, 03:07 PM
Shadowbow helps/carries (depends on Kyral's answer to my question about the potion working) Atriuls back to the Hamlet.

You got the meaning. I'm just used to thinking Town. It is a more common word than Hamlet.

Castaras
2007-04-16, 03:14 PM
(( Town is completely different to Hamlet. They have different characters, and have no relation whatsoever. Basically, you have a character in the Hamlet, and they know nothing about town, and can't go there or anything. They're completely different universes. ))

Kyral
2007-04-16, 03:17 PM
((I'm sorry, Bookboy, I forgot about the potion.))
The majority of Atriuls' wounds healed, he seems good as new. This also means that he's not too keen on being helped.
He turns around, punches both fists into the air, and howls, "Chase them to the HILLS!"
Haruka, seeing the drow flee, slowly becomes sober again. He holds his head in his hands and turns to go back to Hamlet.
The rooster half-heartedly crows at Atriuls' battlecry, still lying wounded on the ground.