PDA

View Full Version : Any way to trip with a bow/crossbow?

Pinkie Pyro
2015-04-11, 12:41 AM
I swear I saw a feat or something somewhere that let you trip an enemy with a ranged attack, does anyone know of it or something similar?

torrasque666
2015-04-11, 12:58 AM
Master Throwers can make ranged trip attacks that I know of.

Curmudgeon
2015-04-11, 01:09 AM
Putting a hole in some enemy's ankle might make them limp, but probably not trip them. Since D&D doesn't have called shots, I don't think there's a way to do this.

Dragon #295 has the Improvised Trip Attack feat, but that's only for thrown weapons.

Eloel
2015-04-11, 01:18 AM
Dragon #295 has the Improvised Trip Attack feat, but that's only for thrown weapons.
Eh, he could throw a bow?

PaucaTerrorem
2015-04-11, 01:23 AM
Doesn't PHB2 have this?

Yanisa
2015-04-11, 01:26 AM
Pathfinder has a Ranged Trip (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/ranged-trip-combat-targeting) feat.

I also thought 3.5 had one, I have an archer build that was made 2 years before the PF feat with improved trip as an optional feat. :smallconfused: (3.5 does have ranged disarm, sunder and pin).

Edit:

Doesn't PHB2 have this?

PHB2 has the feat that allows tripping by throwing a shield. :smalltongue: Also Bigby's Tripping Hand.

Pinkie Pyro
2015-04-11, 01:36 AM
Pathfinder has a Ranged Trip (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/ranged-trip-combat-targeting) feat.

I also thought 3.5 had one, I have an archer build that was made 2 years before the PF feat with improved trip as an optional feat. :smallconfused: (3.5 does have ranged disarm, sunder and pin).

Edit:

PHB2 has the feat that allows tripping by throwing a shield. :smalltongue: Also Bigby's Tripping Hand.

Perfect, PF stuff works for me. Thank you.

Now I can make use of the "tripped units are prone" "A prone unit is on the ground" dysfunction.

Turion
2015-04-11, 01:45 AM

Now I can make use of the "tripped units are prone" "A prone unit is on the ground" dysfunction.

Do you allow 3rd party PF? DSP is currently playtesting a trick shot-style martial discipline for Path of War. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?406639-Dreamscarred-Press-Path-of-War-Expanded!-(Discussion-Thread-III)) A lot of the Tempest Gale maneuvers involve a trip or a bull-rush at range.

goto124
2015-04-11, 02:32 AM
'I used to be an adventurer like you, until I took an arrow to the knee.'

Vrock_Summoner
2015-04-11, 02:36 AM
'I used to be an adventurer like you, until I took an arrow to the knee.'

I didn't know that real people actually used the play-delay strategy... How much money are you saving?

With a box
2015-04-11, 02:57 AM

Can someone explain me why this is dysfunctional?

Curmudgeon
2015-04-11, 02:59 AM
Can someone explain me why this is dysfunctional?
Think of a character flying thousands of feet in the air, who has their wings "tripped".