PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Possible Crit Fisher Build Help

EastbySoutheast
2015-04-11, 03:53 AM
Okay so a character I'm playing is taking leadership. (Main character is a wizard)
His leadership score means his cohort can be level 17. I want his cohort to be sneaky and searching for criticals constantly and I this this build serves quite well giving a 12-20 crit threat range.
I don't want to make this build to powerful as I'm not sure how well the 'standard' characters in the party will be optimised let alone the cohort's.

Race: Whisper Gnome?
Rogue 3/ Fighter 4/ Swashbuckler 6/ Disciple of Dispater 4

Feats: Lightning Maces, Two Weapon fighting (various), Daring Outlaw, Daring Warrior, improved critical... Others (Mainly Pre requsite feats)

Thinking on taking: Martial Study: for the Blood in The Water stance. (+1 attack and damage with every confirmed critical (Stacks with itself), I could then Power attack out any gain to hit (unless needed) and deal that damage as well

Items: 2x Wounding Adaptive Kukri

From this build I should be getting:
+16 BAB
+5d6 Sneak Attack with each hit (so long as I am sneaking or opponents are flat-footed)
+6 Bonus Fighter Feats

Any Suggestions on what to add/subtract with this?
Is there a way of getting pounce or something similar without level dips?
Cheers playground

Chronos
2015-04-11, 08:52 AM
You have Sneak Attack, and you're going to get a lot of criticals. You want Craven. Even by itself, a free +17 damage to each attack is huge for a feat, plus, unlike normal Sneak Attack, that's going to get multiplied on crits.

You might also consider Telling Blow, but it's probably unnecessary, since you should already be able to get Sneak Attack on nearly all of your attacks anyway.